Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:39 pm
User Image Liyana knew just about everyone in the pride as well as any that were close by outside of it. She was always out and about days at a time searching and scouring for potential herds for the hunters to stalk. Avani was flying over head like usual and not too much seemed to be going on. The pride was thriving and this was a very good thing. However, it meant finding more food so she was doing quite a bit of traveling but that didn't bother her. It kept her fit and kept her wits sharp. There were many dangers out there for a single lioness, even if she had Avani to send for help.

Her eyes scanned the prides boarders as she finally approached them from having returned from one of her outings. Everything seemed to be good around where she was so she started towards the inland and to get some water. She was honestly more thirsty than tired and wasn't too worn out from the past few days of traveling. She was used to it, her body held the stamina that most did not. As she approached she spotted a familiar red form. Andhaka. Not to say Bangizwe wasn't attractive but there was something about Andhaka's red that just made her weak in the knees a little.

As she approached she gave him a warm smile and a small bow of her head in greeting. "Afternoon Andhaka, I hope I am not disturbing you at all." She said as she approached the water to take a drink from it graciously. Avani made herself comfortable in a tree not to far away overseeing the whole interaction.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:20 pm
It was a good day so far, an uneventful one - uneventful was always good. For all the fuss some of lionesses liked to make about himself and Bangizwe being unproven and unworthy because they hadn't come by their roles in the traditional manner, they were doing a good job. The pride was healthy, unwanted rogues were kept at bay (more than most probably realized), and there were certainly plenty of cubs running about.

Of course, most of those were Bangizwe's. It was hardly a surprise, given how vocal some were about their disdain for his pelt color; he half-suspected that, were not a select few so disapproving, the rest wouldn't be particularly bothered. In all honesty, neither was he. He had a good life here, far better than he'd ever had, first as a reluctant 'demon' and then as a rogue...what did it matter that Bangizwe was more 'popular'? Thus far, his own children seemed to be doing well enough. Nolaka's three were full-grown, and Siantaidh's would soon be old enough to to begin seriously considering their Ukuzalwa. And, as he liked to remind his fellow Umholi when the topic came up, all seven of his children so far were female.

None of that was neither here nor there at the moment, nor was it on his mind. Patrolling was, keeping a careful eye out for rogues, particularly troublesome hyenas, or any other undesirables. It was a duty he took very seriously and, despite all the doubts cast at him, performed quite well. He stopped along his route for a drink and a brief respite at a small waterhole, and before long glimpsed the approach of a dark form: a brief cause for alert, but it soon became apparent that it was only a Cinga, Liyana.

When she greeted him and professed hope that she wasn't disturbing him, he smiled and dipped his head courteously. "Not at all, Liyana. It's a pleasure to see a friendly face. Have you and Avani spotted anything interesting today?"

He made sure, very sure, to know everyone, vultures included; he certainly didn't know any one of them well, not even close, but he at least knew their names.

AstoriaFallen
Sorry to be so slow, so much craziness lately.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:12 pm
User Image She was extremely pleased that she hadn't disturbed him. She glanced up at Avani for a moment and then back over towards him and gave him a warm smile. "It's been surprisingly calm, which is good." she paused to take a drink real quick and then continued. "We did spot a herd of wilder beasts not to far from here if we start to grow low on food. With all the new cubs and all." She said with a slight chuckle. They seemed to almost be outnumbering the adults now.

"I've seen you've fathered a few of them yourself, congratulations on them all being female." She said to him with a pleased sound to her voice. She wondered if perhaps it was genetics that he had so many females, but who was to say. Either way, she had taken a shining to his red pelt and the way he presented himself. He stood out against the rest of them and that is honestly what had drawn her to him when she had first seen him. She wasn't the only female to have her eyes on him either. But none of that mattered to her, she was here now with him. Avani shifted slightly in the trees and kept a lookout from her perch up high. There were many perks to being a bird, mainly that you could really get away from anywhere quickly and you could see better.

"Have you seen anything interesting today worth mentioning?" She asked him with a grin as she gazed at him from her spot not to far away.

Meepfur
No worries... we all have stuff goin on . And congrats on your LM pair getting picked for the breeding! smile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:02 pm
"That is good news. I'm sure the Abazingeli will be pleased, and Bangizwe as well. He can continue to grow fat." It was difficult to tell from his tone whether he was serious or jesting, but the faintest ghost of smile passed over his expression and was soon gone again. He and his fellow Umholi had both put on a healthy amount of weight since assuming their positions, though Andhaka was naturally the leaner of the two. Perhaps that was another reason he didn't have so wide (ha!) an appeal? He was a good size, a bit larger than average, but built to be a bit sleeker, not some great and hulking thing.

"Thank you," the male acknowledged the congratulations with a pleased rumble "They are healthy and strong, and their mothers seem pleased. I am certain if Nolaka had complaints, she would not have hesitated to voice them." A brief chuckle accompanied the statement. Keep her opinions to herself, Nolaka did not...fortunately for him, her opinions on him were favorable.

"Nothing especially noteworthy, no. I had a...territorial misunderstanding with a honey badger to the south a-ways, those little heathens have no concept of manners." Another small smile, subtle as his expressions usually were. Wide grins and demonstrative displays were rare outside of Bangizwe's company. Amongst the lionesses, everything was always calculated, always proper.

AstoriaFallen
Than you! 8D So excited for little natural babies.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:59 pm
Meepfur

"I'm sure they will be when I am able to tell them." She said with a faint laugh in her voice at the thought of Bangizwe getting fat. "You better watch out, you may be catching up to him." She said giving him a raised brow as if concerned for his health and then a wink and a smile. She hoped he didn't take her joke seriously, though he was looking a little puffy. But she wouldn't tell him that.

She listened as he spoke about the cubs and how well they were doing. "I'm pleased to hear they are all healthy and thriving well. And their mother should be pleased having sired such a wonderful litter." She said gazing at the water for a moment before returning her attention back to him. When he mentioned the honey badger she couldn't help but smile. "Oh, i bet that had to of been a sight I'd of liked to see." laughter in her voice as she imagined how that must have went down. "I am pleased to see you are unharmed." She was sincere about her words.

She thought about it for a moment and finally decided she just right out ask him. Just cut to the chase, no need to beat around the bush about it. "You thinking about having anymore cubs?" She asked looking at him with a curious look on her face.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:39 pm
"Me? You must be mistaken. I've bathed recently, you see, so my mane is fluffier than usual." This was said with complete seriousness, no tiny smiles or joking tones, just a straight-faced, unamused expression. He was playing, of course, but that was the point.

"I'm sure you would have," he said with a twitch of a smile. "I, on the other paw, am quite thankful that there were no witnesses. Or at least, not that I know of."

When Liyana asked her question, Andhaka shrugged. "Of course. It is one of my duties as Umholi, after all. Ultimately, however, the decision isn't mine; I can only wait to be asked."

AstoriaFallen

Meepfur
Vice Captain

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:12 pm
Meepfur

"I must be tired then, from all the traveling I do." She said back to him in retort to his statement about his bath. "I do have to say though, the puffy look is good on you." She gave a grin.

"Well, if anyone were to have seen I'm sure Sanele has spread it to the rest of the pride already." She said with a coy smile. It was true, that lioness spread the word like wild fire.

She was aware he needed to be ask, but that still hadn't answered her question. "I'm aware that is how the role is played. I was just asking is all..." She was fairly certain there were female's he'd likely not want to breed with and that was what she was trying to hint at but it was alright. She was aware they had a duty to fill but still, they could say no couldn't they?

"Would you mind siring cubs with myself?" She asked him then rather point blank looking him in his eyes as she did so.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:21 pm
"As you may have noticed," he began to clarify, "I have not been in high demand... Ah. I see. Forgive me, I thought you were only making conversation." The red-furred male dipped his head slightly in apology. He was, of course, quite pleased to be asked, though he remained as composed and polite as ever. It would have been unseemly to respond in any other way.

"If that is your wish, Liyana, I would be honored to oblige you."

AstoriaFallen
itty bitty phone post, sorry.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:37 pm
Meepfur
Quite alright

"It's a shame that you have not. I can see the allure that Bangizwe has, but he is not you." She said to him with a small nod of her head as she looked him over for a moment. "And no need to apologize, I'm sure you weren't expecting our conversation to turn into me asking you to sire cubs." She said with a slight smile.

"I know it is the females choosing to have cubs with whichever male she prefers, but I would like to know if you'd want to have them with me. I'm aware of how the rules work, but I still prefer to know your opinion in the matter. And I do wish for you to be the father only if you want to be." She said to him giving him an option in the matter. She could easily demand it of him, but she wanted to know what he thought. "And it would be I who is honored to have sired your offspring." She said to him in a slight purr as she glanced at him.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:22 am
"Perhaps this is an instance in which I should not speak so formally as I usually do. I do not wish to come across as crass and cause you to reconsider your choice." He chuckled and ducked his head again, a wordless apology. "I'm pleased that you've asked me. You're a strong and attractive lioness, and I would be...more than pleased to sire your cubs, yes."

In truth, he could only think of one female he might turn down, but even then...well, the situation was unlikely to arise, he assumed.

AstoriaFallen

Meepfur
Vice Captain

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:23 pm
Meepfur
I think that pretty much wraps it up after your next post? If you want to post

"The formality is nice, though around me it is not required. I respond better to straight answers." She said with a warm smile. "And no worries, I doubt there is anything you could say to make me reconsider."

She listened as he consented to her wises and she gave him a nod and a smile in return. "Thank you for accepting my offer, it will be an honor to sire your cubs." She said to him in return. "Shall we go somewhere, less open?" She said to him with a grin as she walked by him and ran her tail along his side to get him to come with.  
[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games