Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
yugioh is trash atm tbh Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

norIeras

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:41 pm
the meta game rather
1 deck formats are no fun.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:47 am
Super Milk Boy
the meta game rather

what are you playing this format?  

Bokyaku Kuchiki

norIeras

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:33 am
Bokyaku Kuchiki
Super Milk Boy
the meta game rather

what are you playing this format?
infernoid norleras lol  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:45 am
I agree with you. I've been playing solely on Dueling Network for a few years now because during those years I've been too poor to afford to play YGO and I'm hating this format. I honestly haven't played in at least a week or two and I'm usually the kinda person that plays every day for hours.

What sucks is that I had a great deck (has never been a meta or meta deck in the history of YGO) that worked extremely well against last format's meta and with the meta and it's playstyle changing so drastically from last format, it no longer seems to work.

Well at least my new Volcanic Burn deck (built to burn, not built like the typical Volcanic Deck) seems to have done pretty well on the days I have felt like playing.  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Zero Hiru
Captain

Unforgiving Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:28 am
As long as I've been aware of the meta, it has been just two or three deck primarily with some off shoot anti-meta and rogue decks trailing just behind. In fact, I feel the meta is far more diverse than back during the formats of Yata Lock and Perfect Circle. It really seemed like you had three options then. play that deck, play a counter just for that deck, or don't play at all. And as the meta changes you have to change with it. I say it any time new formats or card types come out, "Learn to adapt or quit."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:15 am
I've kinda fallen out of the game. Picked up a bunch of other games instead.

Then they proceeded to crap on the main archtype I use by making Minerva a YCS prize for no goddamn reason.

Still building Qli though cause it's stupid cheap and they look really cool, despite the banlist murdering it.

Bleh  

Exotahu

Adorable Lunatic

16,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Waffles! 25

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:36 am
Zero Hiru
As long as I've been aware of the meta, it has been just two or three deck primarily with some off shoot anti-meta and rogue decks trailing just behind. In fact, I feel the meta is far more diverse than back during the formats of Yata Lock and Perfect Circle. It really seemed like you had three options then. play that deck, play a counter just for that deck, or don't play at all. And as the meta changes you have to change with it. I say it any time new formats or card types come out, "Learn to adapt or quit."

You aren't at all angry about how things are so much more OP these days to where it drains a lot of the fun outta the game? Or how about Konami's new "IT'S OVER 9000!!!" GREED LV? You aren't even the slightest bit angry about either of those 2 things.

I'm all about adapting to new things and I have done so for years, but it seems that these past 2 years Konami has started to take things too far with how greedy they are and how if it makes them money the banlist shouldn't touch it. Hell I think things have gotten so bad this format that I think they need to bring back Royal Oppression to help balance things out and the fact that I'm wanting such a card needs to be taken off the banlist makes me sick to my stomach.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:44 am
>No, I'm not upset. Other than the decks themselves, nothing's changed much from format to format. You have "OP" decks winning and people complaining about it.
>Konami did make a couple of bad ban lists before their latest one, I will agree with that. They did make up for that by crippling some of the major meta decks with their latest list. The fact they didn't touch decks like Kozmo and "PePe" is that the cards were too new. The Performage monsters had been out a whole 3 months when the latest list hit. Keep in mind, the latest list hit Nekroz, Qli, and Shaddoll. This forced people away from those meta decks and onto others. I am willing to bet we'll see a limiting of some of the cards in Kozmo and "PePe" when the next list rolls through.
>Lastly, I don't see Konami being greedy. They release new product, some of it containing valuable reprints they know people want or need, and the people that need/want the product buy it. Those that do not want to waste their time buying packs or decks for just a few select cards go to 3rd party vendors. These vendors are the ones that determine the price of individual cards. Note that Konami does not sell individual cards (at least not to my knowledge). The people that get greedy and make the game so pricey are the vendors. Most note worthy in this case I believe are the ARG vendors/community who went so far as to make their own ban list when Konami did not produce their normal list in September. This list encouraged people playing in ARG events to play the decks that had the cards that were selling the best (shaddoll, qli, and nekroz).  

Zero Hiru
Captain

Unforgiving Hunter

The Booty Gang Captain

Ruthless Grabber

5,525 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Timid 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:58 am
meta always been a** tbh
but Pepe is running this show now lmao

current meta is whoever goes first and sets up wins  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:58 pm
I just want construct back they absolutely chopped off shaddolls head lol but oh well  

Bokyaku Kuchiki

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:05 am
Zero Hiru
>No, I'm not upset. Other than the decks themselves, nothing's changed much from format to format. You have "OP" decks winning and people complaining about it.

>Konami did make a couple of bad ban lists before their latest one, I will agree with that. They did make up for that by crippling some of the major meta decks with their latest list. The fact they didn't touch decks like Kozmo and "PePe" is that the cards were too new. The Performage monsters had been out a whole 3 months when the latest list hit. Keep in mind, the latest list hit Nekroz, Qli, and Shaddoll. This forced people away from those meta decks and onto others. I am willing to bet we'll see a limiting of some of the cards in Kozmo and "PePe" when the next list rolls through.

>Lastly, I don't see Konami being greedy. They release new product, some of it containing valuable reprints they know people want or need, and the people that need/want the product buy it. Those that do not want to waste their time buying packs or decks for just a few select cards go to 3rd party vendors. These vendors are the ones that determine the price of individual cards. Note that Konami does not sell individual cards (at least not to my knowledge). The people that get greedy and make the game so pricey are the vendors. Most note worthy in this case I believe are the ARG vendors/community who went so far as to make their own ban list when Konami did not produce their normal list in September. This list encouraged people playing in ARG events to play the decks that had the cards that were selling the best (shaddoll, qli, and nekroz).

Something has changed though and that is how OP the new decks are. I know there have been some pretty OP decks all throughout the history of the game, but in the last couple years how OP they has gone thru the roof. The new OP decks of these past 1.5 years or so has been so bad that unless you're running meta or anti-meta, which is just a sub-meta, you're gonna have difficulty defeating the meta/anti-meta decks. At least you used to be able to beat past metas and anti-metas with non-meta decks. Nowadays that's nearly impossible.

You actually think they made those bad lists on accident. I call bullshit on that. They knew exactly what they were doing. They make super OP archetypes and drain them dry for all they can get and then when enough people have bought the valuable cards in those archetypes and they stop being very profitable, they hit them hard. This then allows them to release a buncha new BS cards to rinse and repeat the process. Yeah they've been doing this for years, but the cards weren't nearly as OP as they've gotten in the last 1.5 years or so.

As for Konami not being in charge of the pricing on singles, yeah you're right about that, but where do you think the vendors get the singles from. They open up a buncha packs and buy them off of people that got the cards and don't want them or don't know how much they're really worth. So as long as the packs the valuable cards come in are selling Konami will keep the archetypes people use from those packs virtually untouched by the banlist if they're touched by the banlist at all. So yes Konami is being greedy especially since they make the new meta cards so broken that older decks can't really beat them. The older decks after all have cards in them that are no longer in print and therefore don't make Konami any money anymore.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:47 am
ASAP WAP
meta always been a** tbh

this is exactly what i mean: if you don't otk or stop your opponent from playing yugioh within the first couple of turns, then it's over. some things are just too out of control; the new monarchs might as well just be the new perfect circle lol  

norIeras

The Booty Gang Captain

Ruthless Grabber

5,525 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Timid 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:36 pm
Super Milk Boy
ASAP WAP
meta always been a** tbh

this is exactly what i mean: if you don't otk or stop your opponent from playing yugioh within the first couple of turns, then it's over. some things are just too out of control; the new monarchs might as well just be the new perfect circle lol

those are annoying too Monarchs are also first turn win
you play DN?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:32 am
ASAP WAP
Super Milk Boy
ASAP WAP
meta always been a** tbh

those are annoying too Monarchs are also first turn win
you play DN?
LMAO THE NEW BANLIST RIP PEPE
i don't play as much as i used to.  

norIeras

Zero Hiru
Captain

Unforgiving Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:04 pm
Well, some of you got your wish, kind of. They're applying an adjusted ban list that essentially kills "PePe." The link can be found in the ban list sticky topic.  
Domino City

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff