Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:27 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Having just finished doing tattoos on a clan member, Dohi was a little worse for wear. She looked messy, having spilled some of the ink on her paws and arms, her forelock of hair all messy as she tried to keep it out of her face...without smudging wet ink on it.

She sighed, gathering up hew few supplies into a different pouch. Hopefully it would be at least another 24 hours before she'd have to do it again. She did enjoy it, though she did not enjoy the mess it made half the time. Wiggly young things didn't hold still well.

"Time to get cleaned up," she mumbled to herself. Hopefully a little watering hole wasn't too far away, or she'd be looking messy for a couple days.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:37 pm
User Image

Since the festival, Yinehi had become more and more subdued as she went about her day-to-day life around the Bird Clan. She didn't have any special responsibilities to worry about so nobody seemed to notice, in fact it wasn't even a conscious effort on her part. Anybody who knew her might easily assume her personality had caught up to her age, that she was finally acting her age instead of frequently bounding around like a cub.

She was on her way back from a successful hunt. The party had been small and the take not particularly impressive, but it was still a success. Despite that, she was looking forward to getting cleaned up. She'd never understand how she managed to get so much dustier than anybody else, her light fur should have been good at hiding it!

It wasn't.

Arriving at the water ahead of her sister, she waded at the edge and began the lengthy, relaxing process of grooming in the sunshine. She could easily waste the rest of her afternoon right here.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:51 pm
Dragging the extra bag behind her, Dohi finally located the water supply...only to find Yinehi already in it! What the heck?

"Hey heyyy," Dohi said with a chuckle as she dropped her bag and walked towards her sister. Dipping her paws into the water, she turned to see her sister looking rather...relaxed?

"Did you have an eventful hunt?" Dohi asked, watching some of the ink dissolve in the water while some of it was stubbornly hanging on. It may be stuck that way for a while. "I can promise you, tattooing isn't as exciting as hunting."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:01 pm
Yinehi was started by the arrival of her sister, but she looked over at her with a smile.

"Hi, Dohi!" she said, watching as the alu'nadi dipped her paws into the water and sent an inky cloud heading towards her. It wasn't really a threat but Yinehi decided to treat it as a sign to get a move on with the watery part of her bath. With a couple stomps and a shake, she stepped back so only her front paws remained in the water.

"Not especially eventful, I think we got here ahead of the herds this time," she answered brightly, "They'll probably have better luck tonight."

She looked down at Dohi's paws, wondering how she didn't permanent end up with rainbow paws.

"Any exciting stories to tell today or more of the same old stuff?" she asked. Most Ela'wadiyi tattoos told the same kinds of stories, rarely exactly the same but in a common group sharing a common culture, it was inevitable. Yinehi usually tried to keep up with the interesting goings-on around the clan but you never knew what you might miss that the alu'nadi would hear about!

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:16 pm
"Oh, sorry," Dohi reflexively said when Yinehi moved a bit. She figured that was the best her paws were going to get, and pulled herself out of the water, sitting near the edge to let them dry a bit.

"The same. Not eventful. It was a younger boy, squirming a lot. Not as used to the tattoos so it wasn't the easiest session I've handled, but definitely not the worst. I added a little line about his dreams, so we'll see what happens the next time he gets more tattoos." She was trying to be a bit more adventurous with the tattooing, but it was a slow and steady pace.

"Hopefully there'll be some sort of exciting story soon, we're due for one."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:26 pm
Yinehi smiled.

"That still sounds exciting, in its own way," she said, "You could add my embarrassing defeat to me if you want, I'm pretty sure there's space right in the middle of my face."

A joke at her own expense, but she chuckled and leaned down to the water to see if she could get a good look at her reflection. An attempted hair-flip and a glance upward and she realized it just wasn't the right light to check for herself, so she straightened up and looked at Dohi instead. The hair-flip didn't reveal her forehead but it did mess up her short mane.

"What do you think?"

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:31 pm
"Hmm, hmm...there is space there, all right." Dohi was looking at some of the older tattoos that Yinehi had, ones that their father had put on them when they were still young and she was just training.

"How about we put instead that you're the most loyal sister anyone could ever ask for?" the dark lioness said with a sly grin. "I think that fits you much better than some statement of embarrassment."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:43 pm
"I dunno," she said, an exaggerated concern in her voice, "Are you sure you're allowed to play favorites like that?"

Yinehi stuck her tongue out and finally sat herself down. Leaning onto her back paws, she reached up with her front paws to try to fix her hair. Momentarily distracted with grooming, she fell silent. When he paws hit the ground again, she looked back at Dohi.

"If you're washing up, you must be done for the day, huh?"

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:06 pm
Dohi threw her head back in laughter, finally feeling a little more free and loose than she had all day. "With all the work I do around here, I can play favourites all I like. Who is going to say anything against the alu'nadi, the wanidatsi's daughter?"

She returned the favor, sticking her tongue out at her sister just like old times. She started to rub a but of dirt on her drying paws, hoping that the grittiness could push a little more of the ink out of her paws.

"Yes, thankfully. Unless a huge emergency comes, I should have the rest of the day free. Did you want to do something...?" she asked, letting that question dangle in the air. Hopefully Yinehi would pounce on it, and they could spend some time together, just to two of them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:11 pm
"Pfffft."

Of course nobody would argue with their alu'nadi, everybody loved Dohi and she was indeed the wanidatsi's daughter. Of course, that would be true in any clan, that the alu'nadi and nvwati were from old, important families.. that didn't work out very well for some clans but Yinehi knew Dohi took her responsibilities seriously, even when declaring she would play favorites whenever she wanted.

"We could go exploring," Yinehi suggested, pausing in brushing the dust from her legs, "It's been a while since we were at this camp, I saw some caves while we were out hunting. I bet there's something interesting hiding in them."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:14 pm
Dohi gasped, looking absolutely excited. "Yes! That would be perfect. Maybe we will be the ones to find something exciting and new and have it tattooed on us. Then we could be the talk of the clan for a while." Dohi looked quite smug right there, not that there was any proof that they would be able to find anything at all in those caves. But it kept her heart young.

"Let's do it. We can tell at least one soul so in case we never come back they'll know where we went, like the fools we are," she laughed. "Maybe Tsi-Tsi?"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:25 pm
Yinehi chuckled.

"Tsi-Tsi would definitely be the best choice," she said, expecting him to take them about as seriously as they deserved for trying to tell him they needed someone to know where they went in case they disappeared.

Then she perked up.

"Maybe if we tell him loud enough, we can trick some of the cubs into thinking there is something in there," she suggested, "If there isn't, I mean. They love that kind of thing, right?"

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:29 pm
"Well, as long as we don't into into trouble....okay maybe a little trouble is ok." Dohi grinned. "Well, what do you say? Let's go rush Tsi-Tsi so he will be super confused at first. Best time to act loud and obnoxious."

Dohi pulled her other bag up over herself, ready to get a move on. She brushed off as much of the mud and dirt she had on herself off, a futile effort if they were only going to go exploring in caves. "A race?"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:31 pm
"You're the alu'nadi and the wanidatsi's daughter, how could you get into trouble?"

She said, jumping up to her feet in a wordless response to everything else Dohi said. If the festival taught her anything, it was that in a fair game she didn't stand a chance- and without warning she took off to find Tsi-Tsi.

If they were going to confuse him, it wouldn't hurt to create some chaos on the way and be out of breath when she arrived.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:34 pm
Dohi shook her head. "Man, I did that to myself." She did her best to sprint after Yinehi, but the extra bag was throwing her off a bit. No worries; she knew that Yinehi would probably beat her anyway. That's why she didn't bet anything on it.

At least the afternoon and into the evening was going to be an adventure!

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games