Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Introductions
New Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

New?
  Yes
  No
View Results

xWinchesterrx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:51 pm
Hello there ...

I'm TYL3RR!

I've been on Gaia Online a few years back.
So I'm not totally totally new, but I see a lot of stuff is different now.

The inflation, zOMG gone, TekTek gone.

So I'm new ... but slightly not!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:30 pm
TYL3RR
Hello there ...

I'm TYL3RR!

I've been on Gaia Online a few years back.
So I'm not totally totally new, but I see a lot of stuff is different now.

The inflation, zOMG gone, TekTek gone.

So I'm new ... but slightly not!

Lol ya XDD I clicked on the title of the thread because it said new. Then I saw your avatar and was like, "Yeah, this one's not new. That's a vintage outfit."
XD <3 Anywho, welcome to the NSTG and welcome back to Gaia!

The new current it game on the site is Lake Kindred. It's also the easiest way to get items and gold. Very time consuming though. Have you been given the rundown on zOMG and the inflation and such?
If not, here are a couple reads:

This one explains the inflation:
User Image

And this one gives a recap of the past few years:
Hiatus Recovery Centre

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

xWinchesterrx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:33 pm
sdrawkcab
Yeah, I basically remembered the items I used to have and that is about it. Haha.

And everyone talks about that Lake thing?!
I'll read that article.

So thanks! emotion_dowant  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:40 pm
Hello, dear and welcome to the guild!
Yes, Lake Kindred is pretty fun! You´re welcome to go and have a chat about it in my thread. But all in all welcome and I do hope you end up having a smashing time here, and make awesome new friends in the progress biggrin  

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:44 pm
TYL3RR
sdrawkcab
Yeah, I basically remembered the items I used to have and that is about it. Haha.

And everyone talks about that Lake thing?!
I'll read that article.

So thanks! emotion_dowant

Yep, don't even try to keep up with items. XD Gaia now makes one item and then releases it in many different colors. We effectively get tons of new items each day now. I only really remember the old items too. ;D

Lake Kindred is kind of a bare bones pokemon game.
You can access it from: www.gaiaonline.com/pets
And there's a mobile version: www.gaiaonline.com/pets/lite

There are lots of guides for it, but I'm not sure if there's one with tips for just starting up. I'll have to look into it. But, basically, you can make gold by selling the rewards you get in the marketplace. And, not all of the pets (kindred or kin) are created equally. If you want to actually play the game to make gold, you'll need one of the strong tier kin. .... Orrrr, there's an area (Fafnir's Peak) that you can play that will drop RIGs/CIs and you can get some items (to sell) that way. And you don't need a strong tier kin for that.

Anyway, I'd suggest just trying it out first to see if you don't mind the game. XD
Then focus on possibly earning gold.

Another nice link to have is the Dumpster Dive. Users donate items to the dumpster. Those items can range from cheap to rather expensive... so it can be good to check. (You can dive once every five minutes.)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:55 pm
Madeleine Heilburg

Thank you ... I'll check it out possibly.
I haven't played it yet.

I hope I make some new friends.  

xWinchesterrx

xWinchesterrx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:58 pm
sdrawkcab
That game seems a little excessive. Haha
I miss zOMG!

But thank you so much for tips. emotion_hug  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:04 am
TYL3RR
sdrawkcab
That game seems a little excessive. Haha
I miss zOMG!

But thank you so much for tips. emotion_hug

No problem. If you do decide to play Lake Kindred, be sure to drop by Madeleine's thread. c:
LK is super simple once you get into it. ^^

I miss zOMG too. Did you play it a lot?
At the time, I was annoyed by the social aspect of that game. I always had the most annoying crews. XD
Buuuut~ now I find myself wishing that LK could have more interactive aspects with other users.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Auriga La Shock

Mythrill Knight

80,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Stargazing Knight 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:02 am
lol Welcome back!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:34 am
sdrawkcab

No problem. If you do decide to play Lake Kindred, be sure to drop by Madeleine's thread. c:

At the time, I was annoyed by the social aspect of that game. I always had the most annoying crews. XD
Buuuut~ now I find myself wishing that LK could have more interactive aspects with other users.

I was never a big fan of the social side of zOMG either. Most of the time just getting a crew together with all the correct rings could take half an hour or longer. :/  

Call Me Nefret

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:01 pm
Call Me Nefret
sdrawkcab

I was never a big fan of the social side of zOMG either. Most of the time just getting a crew together with all the correct rings could take half an hour or longer. :/

Ugh, totally.
First it was just about finding people.
Then explaining to them why they needed a certain ring(s) or they wouldn't be able to attack at a certain time. Or that they had all attacks and should bring a heal or buff because the crew needed it as a whole. u .u;
Then explaining why they should wait for buffs instead of starting the instance immediately after loading in.
And thennn you play one round or two and half the people have to leave. XD So it started all over again. And, I swear, the people who couldn't follow directions were the only ones who'd stick around. x ----x;

Most of the time, I soloed whatever I could. > <

Before I stopped playing, I began to play with a few friends from the forums.
It was heavenly. @ .@ We all understood what to do and followed directions / strategies. I didn't have a mic, but I could hear two of them on voice chat. XD And it made the game so much funnier. That's why I have rose tinted glasses towards the social aspect. ^^;;;

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:28 pm
sdrawkcab

Once I got into it I played it when I could. I don't remember how far I got into it but I just remember it was a lot of fun.
And I don't think I joined a crew.

But I will be sure to check out her thread if I get into it.  

xWinchesterrx

xWinchesterrx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:29 pm
Auriga La Shock
Thank you! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:41 pm
sdrawkcab

Ugh, totally.
First it was just about finding people.
Then explaining to them why they needed a certain ring(s) or they wouldn't be able to attack at a certain time. Or that they had all attacks and should bring a heal or buff because the crew needed it as a whole. u .u;
Then explaining why they should wait for buffs instead of starting the instance immediately after loading in.
And thennn you play one round or two and half the people have to leave. XD So it started all over again. And, I swear, the people who couldn't follow directions were the only ones who'd stick around. x ----x;

Most of the time, I soloed whatever I could. > <

Before I stopped playing, I began to play with a few friends from the forums.
It was heavenly. @ .@ We all understood what to do and followed directions / strategies. I didn't have a mic, but I could hear two of them on voice chat. XD And it made the game so much funnier. That's why I have rose tinted glasses towards the social aspect. ^^;;;

Or they would only have like 2 buff rings and they refused to stay in one place so the group attacks weren't as effective. And that's not even talking about leeches.

That's the one thing I like about Lake Kindred. While I wish there were more objectives to master (like bosses to beat) I like the fact I can go about it at my own pace. And if I feel like talking about it, there's always the forum. There are a lot of guides to kins in there.  

Call Me Nefret

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500

Nenanah

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450