Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands [IC]
[PRP] Stories Make the Heart Grow Fonder (Dareia x Vivek)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:18 pm
User Image

It didn't take Dareia much to get bored.

Right now, she was perched on a broad rock, staring out at the rest of the pride. She liked places that allowed her to watch over everything, get a broader scope of what was going on. Regardless of the fact that she was completely ignorant about the larger, political going-ons around her, she liked the little bits of gossip she heard and witnessed placing herself like this. It was typically the highlight of her days. After all, she didn't have any actual friends to speak to or any duties within the pride. It was her contribution to lounge around and look pretty at this point. Which wasn't exactly the worst.

Idly, she let her mind drift off. Dareia did this sometimes, daydreaming about those days she'd lived before. She was lucky, some would say, to have lived quite a few life. Now a lady of the Mwezi, she was once a lone rogue, and before that a princess in the old harem pride, Ukuucha'Wafalme. She had lived through much, and it was oftentimes entertaining to recall it all. It was a great way to avoid thinking about the in-pride warring here, after all. So, dropping her chin to rest on her front paws, she let her mind wander, take her to other places - it's not as if there was much going on here, anyway.

Excited Apathy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:23 pm
Vivek was not an amazing guard. He wasn't lazy, nor did he dislike his job...he was simply painfully adequate. It had turned out to be something of a mixed blessing in these troubled times, keeping him off the radar and free to pry tales out of the friendlier newcomers. Not that he'd met any on this last patrol, he lamented to himself as he padded in. Was word of the unstable state of the pride spreading? He caught up short of heaving a sigh at that when he saw he was no longer alone. A lioness--and lovely at that--that he vaguely recognized as belonging to the high class.

A subtle shift here, a lift of the head there, and his public persona was back in place--graceful, precisely mannered, and deserving of the Great Lion's favor. His father might have even approved. "Good evening. Are you well tonight, my lady?"
Ruler of Everything

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:18 pm
It was all she could do not to smile when she blinked opened her eyes. Not only was someone standing before her, but it was a male - they'd always been her favorite. Not only was it a male, but he was quite handsome. He had beautiful, swirling patterns upon his legs and his coat was a rather shocking white. His posture was easy and confident. She noticed.

Stretching out her paws, she smiled dreamily. "I'm doing quite well... now." She blinked her midnight-colored eyes wide, yawning slightly. She giggled. "Excuse me; I never tend to sleep much at night so all of it tends to hit me mid-day." Dareia shrugged, then climbed down off of the rock she had perched herself on. She padded forward slightly then settled down into a sitting position, wrapping her tail around herself. "I'm Dareia. Who might I have the pleasure of addressing?" High class or rogue, Dareia never forgot her manners. One of the positive outcomes of being raised by a whole colony of lions, she supposed.

Excited Apathy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:50 am
"It's no problem at all," Vivek assured her, as he knew he ought even if he honestly didn't mind. "It is well, then, that the pride keeps to the night save for the guards that must keep us secure at all hours." It had not been quite so much so, when he was very young, but Shangyue had insisted. His logic had been hard to ignore. "Dareia, hm? It is a pleasure to meet a lady of the high class. I am Vivek, a guard of the upper-middle." There was a hint of genuine warmth to his tone, and a gleam in his golden eyes as he added, "Do I understand it correctly that you are relatively new to the pride?" He had a passing knowledge of her, as he did most of the high class. His father insisted that he act fit to belong there, and part of that was knowing who your "peers" were.

Ruler of Everything

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas