The Nightmare Before Christmas: Winners p. 3! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:41 am
Things have been quiet in the Kawani for some time. There were no fires to put out, no droughts to fight through, no kalona to fight. . . . In fact, things were going well as far as anyone could tell.

Unfortunately, it is during times of peace and sanctuary, that evil best likes to strike. It seems that Oyahusa was busy working overtime, for out of the darkness slips a new band of cursedwalkers. These skinwalkers are new to the Kawani lands, and some might even be newly cursed!

Be wary, Kawani natives. Sleep tight, and beware the skinwalkers bite.

Begins: Now
Ends: December 31 @ 1pm EST
These pets count as December Freebies!

OOCly: This is a cursed skinwalker giveaway! We will be giving out a few cursed skinwalkers, since purewalkers seem to always steal the show. We'll also be opening up some contests for characters to get cursed by some of our colorists!

This is mostly a Writing/RP Event. There will be a very small flaffle you may join. In the faffle is a single purewalker! I'm telling you this now so nobody gets upset when we give it away later. It is the only pure we're giving out as this is a Cursed Walker Event. The Cursed's are the main stars. . . this pure just got lost and a wee bit turned around.

Interested in obtaining a cursedwalker all your own? Well keep on reading!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:50 am
Corpse Powder Contest

Oyahusa is never up to any good. Even though he's already cursed so many, he's got ample powder on hand, and wants to trick some unsuspecting soquili into taking it! He's a crafty one all right . . . . but is he crafty enough to trick an within your herd?

This is a writing contest to curse existing soquili! This isn't based on RP ability so much as creativity. While we won't curse every one who enters, we will curse those who have the most interesting story to read. So don't be afraid if you're not a strong writer -- just explain to us how or why they'd manage to get cursed and maybe we'll make that dream come true!

To enter, please post the following in this thread!

[center][size=18][b][color=red]Get Down With the Sickness[/color][/b][/size][/center]
[b]Character's Cert:[/b] [img] CERT HERE [/img]
[b]Characters Name:[/b]
[b]Character's Current Personality:[/b] This can be as long or short as you'd like.
[b]Character's Current History:[/b] This can be as long or short as you'd like.
[b]How Does Your Character Get Cursed?[/b]
[b]How Will Their Personality Change?[/b]
[b]How Will It Effect Their Current Plots & Story?[/b]
[b]OOCly -- Why Do You Want Them Cursed?[/b]
[b]Any Other Relevant Information You'd Like Us To Know?[/b]
[b]If You Win, What Pelt Would You Choose? Please pick one![/b] Mountain Lion, Bobcat, Bat, Owl, Bear, Original Coyote, Original Wolf, New Coyote, New Wolf, New Fox

A person may enter up to two characters to be cursed, but you may only win one! We'd prefer you post separately if you enter two characters. Current Staff are also allowed to enter, due to the rarity of cursing events.

Note:
1. Please post separately if you enter 2 characters for this corpse powder contest.
2. If it's a co-own, please make sure your fellow co-owners are on board and won't object.
3. We have both edited and unedited colorist on board to cursed current soquili. Please note that we are running things old-school. Colorist assignment will be handed out after we announce winners. You do not get a say or preference.
4. Characters do not get any changes to them aside from a feral form and the addition of a pelt, both of which will be designed as colorst's choice. These are not customs, after all.
5. We do not have a number selected on who will get cursed. We will curse as few or as many winners as the judges decide.
6. Remember, should you win corpse powder, your character ICly does NOT have to be cursed! If you need more time to develop the plots and stories of your character pre-cursed, you may do so. But you must keep the cursed version out of your teepee and must not role-play it as cursed! As soon as you do either of the above, they will be considered cursed, and there's no going back.
7. Skinwalkers lifematings are automatically broken with penalty once they're cursed.
8. Skinwalkers are 100% evil.
9. Please follow the limitations: Hippogryphs, Angeni (and those with obvious angeni traits even if they're mixed or not pure), Usdia, Seathi, and Mer, and pawed mutants cannot be cursed. They're immune and the corpse powder simply doesn't work with their physiology. So please do not enter them or try to get them cursed!
10. This is a contest for adults only. No foals or baskets allowed.
11. Please have the pet finished and on hand to be eligible. So no WIPs or concepts.

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:54 am
Premade Cursedwalker Contest

If you're interested in obtaining a brand new pre-cursed soquili, than this is where you'll want to apply! To enter these contests all you need to do is get in touch with our muse. These ponies will be given away based on personality or history contests!

For rules and more information, see this thread here!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:56 am
Cursed Flaffle

Last but not least, we'll be giving a few curseds -- and one purewalker -- away via flaffle. This is nothing but luck! If the RNG gods are kind, you'll land yourself with a monster to call your very own!

We're still setting this up, so check back soon!

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:43 pm
Reserved  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:43 pm
Reserved  

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:44 pm
Open! We'll be getting the flaffle up in a few days so check back soon!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:43 pm
Question, are we still going to go with the rule that usdia cannot be cursed? I know this was made a rule because no one wanted to do the re-template. Is this the only reason or is there a more cannon reason that makes more sense?  

Roarie Desu

Kindly Gifter

20,615 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Snowflake Collector 50

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:56 pm
Roarie Desu

Usdia still cannot be cursed. I'll add that as a reminder that the rules still apply.

No angeni can be cursed, or those who have obvious angeni traits. . .
No usdia.
No mers.
No seathi.
No hippogryphs.
Edit by Mind: No Pawed mutants either

The canon reason at present is they're simply immune to the corpse powder, just like the hippogryphs. It's not made to curse them, and Oyahusa's recipe simply doesn't work on them. There are just some species that presently cannot be cursed, and likely won't be getting cursed.

Thanks!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:19 pm

Say you want to stay, you want me to
Say you'll never die, you'll always haunt me

Question, by the way, is the pre-made feline skinwalker a specific type or just any feline? I assume a mountain lion, but I have no wish to be wrong and mess things up.

I want to know I belong to you
Say you'll haunt me

Iceis Inscent Sama

Savage Hellraiser

8,840 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:41 pm
Can you enter a foal but get the adult version cursed? Like as a future plot? Just curious. I don't think i'd be able to do it anyway as I don't have the foal yet, let alone the basket but I just thought I'd ask since it was a question that popped into my head.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:49 pm
Iceis Inscent Sama

Say you want to stay, you want me to
Say you'll never die, you'll always haunt me

Question, by the way, is the pre-made feline skinwalker a specific type or just any feline? I assume a mountain lion, but I have no wish to be wrong and mess things up.

I want to know I belong to you
Say you'll haunt me

We have two types of feline, I think -- a bobcat and the mountain lion. The only difference is the tail, whether it's bobbed or not. I'll go adjust that. I was just trying to get an idea of what type of walker you guys were hoping for so the colorists knew ahead of time what they'd be designing.

I'll go adjust that form now.  

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:52 pm
AstoriaFallen
Can you enter a foal but get the adult version cursed? Like as a future plot? Just curious. I don't think i'd be able to do it anyway as I don't have the foal yet, let alone the basket but I just thought I'd ask since it was a question that popped into my head.

That's a good question but the answer is no. I'll go add that to the rules. This is an adult only contest, and I don't think I want to mix in foals getting cursed. I hadn't even thought of that, tbh, particularly if you don't even have the foal yet. For ease of simplicity, this is corpse powder for adults only, and you have to have the pet to be eligible. :3

Thanks for asking!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:06 pm
Get Down With the Sickness

Character's Cert:
User Image
Characters Name: Amadahy
Character's Current Personality: Amadahy is one of those characters that likes to kill everyone with kindness. She's well mannered and needs a little more self confidence sometimes. She's quite gullible and despite everyone's warnings she still gives freely to others and tries to help whenever she can. She doesn't have a mean bone in her body and wouldn't hurt a fly if she could help it.
Character's Current History: She is currently close friends with Astraea and trying to help her remember some of her forgotten past, at least the parts that Amadahy was there for, which weren't too many as Astraea was only around parts of the time. Amadahy currently has an infatuation with Narakray but it will only last until the two have baskets.
How Does Your Character Get Cursed? One evening she's traveling along and crosses paths with someone who offers to give her shelter for the evening and she accepts. It seems to be going well in her mind but she's unaware of the powder that the other has. While there she and the other are chatting and having a grand ole time and she ingests the powder her life path changes from there on.
How Will Their Personality Change? At first she'll be mortified as she's always been one to help and she had gone and killed a creature and had it's pelt bond to her body. Eventually she'll become hardened and more sure of herself as things progress. She will have a bit of an attitude towards some and not really understand everything that is happening to her at first and be very antisocial. She won't become exactly evil at first, but she won't be as nice or as forgiving anymore and won't be entirely tolerable to everyone like she used to be. Eventually she'll become very manipulative and antagonize individuals as a game.
How Will It Effect Their Current Plots & Story? I'm going to wait till some of her current plots and story are finished and then have her become cursed once plots can fall into place.
OOCly -- Why Do You Want Them Cursed? Because it's going to throw her for a loop! That and it would open up a few more plot possibilities, not only with new characters but her friendship with Astraea!
Any Other Relevant Information You'd Like Us To Know? Thank you for the opportunity!! <3 <3 Happy Holidays!
If You Win, What Pelt Would You Choose? Please pick one! Bobcat <3  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

Lita Rutherford

Undead Treat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:17 pm
Get Down With the Sickness

Character's Cert: User Image
Characters Name: Antirrhinum majus
Character's Current Personality: Antirr is not a kind Soquili. Angry and violent, he wants to control anyone and everyone around him. His dream was to have a small harem of mares and stallions who loved and fawned over him. When angered he can lash out with the fury of a kalona, and feel no remorse. When he needs to be, he can appear kind, caring, and often employs this lie in front of his mother. But that is all it is, a clever lie used only for self gain.
Character's Current History: Antirr was raised by Glow Heart, his sweet, kind, caring mother. As he aged and he ventured out on his own, his darker personality developed fully, unbeknownst to his mother. For a short time he had his dream, collecting a few mares to call his own. But his lack of true power failed him, his temper not strong enough to keep them with him or under his control. Then, his daughter was born. A small part loved the little filly, but it was not strong enough to keep him kind to her. While he would whisper sweet words to her, how he loved her and would always be there for her, he was a horrible father and physical violence was not uncommon. Thankfully a mare, one of Antirr's failed conquests, stepped in and worked hard to keep the little girl alive, allowing her to grow into an innocent and naieve mare. Now he is on the search again, looking for that which he wants.
How Does Your Character Get Cursed? He would have heard of this, as many had, but instead of fearing it, Antirr would have saught out the powder, looking for a new source of strength. In truth he would not have truely belived the results would be so severe. But when you play with fire....
How Will Their Personality Change? His violence and tedencies for "ownership" will increase tenfold. Any who cross him will be hard pressed to walk away easily, and any who dare utter "no" will suffer worse. He will likely stalk mares, attempting to herd them into the lands he will make his territory. There he will try to keep them as all but cattle or objects for his twisted obsession. Pretty stallions will also fall pray, like a crow with babbles, he will be unable to help himself. Those that try to escape will end up dead....if they are lucky.
How Will It Effect Their Current Plots & Story? He has nothing super solid going, but being cursed would actually help his plots and such. It would give him more power, and get rid of the moral limiter that plauges him from time to him, freeing him to be the force of evil he wishes.
OOCly -- Why Do You Want Them Cursed? I have always wanted Antirr to be cursed, always. He is my bad boy, my evil snot, and while I try and try to RP him to his fullest there is always a block at a point. Sometimes this is due to the people I am RPing with, sometimes it's more internal, as he was raised by a kind mare. While he tries and tries at times it's as if there is still some good holding him back just enough. Being cursed will rid him of that for certain, and I just really want to be able to let him go crazy (in both ways).
Any Other Relevant Information You'd Like Us To Know? I fully understand the requirments and restrictions on skinwalkers, and am entering because of them. I truely feel it's best for him IC wise to have this happen to him. While he does have family (his mother and daughter) I fully intend for him to break all ties with them (and likely try to kill his mother at the very least). Thank you for the oppurtunity!
If You Win, What Pelt Would You Choose? Please pick one! Owl  
Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces