Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Garden of Treasures (Zosite Kaari & Corrina K. Rayle)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:51 pm
This RP is between Zosite Kaari (Divena & DivenasMom) and Corrina K. Rayle (Bardess Ookami)

User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:55 pm
IM RP:

Divena
Zosite Kaari was a mighty raider. He pillaged the seven seas with his brother, Malachite. He was a master of finding shiny objects and buried treasure. With his brother, niece, and other companions, no treasure is safe. But that was only the beginning of his achievements. He was also a master of booby traps and contraptions. He made a point of surrounding their treasure cave with invincible traps, impossible to avoid or escape. He even went so far as to change them every few weeks, leaving only one ever changing safe path to his horde. This path was only ever known to his crew... which seemed to be having an odd habit of growing. But that wasn't the point.

The point was... he was stuck. In his constant rearranging of the traps, he sometimes forgot where all of them were. As seemed to be a common occurrence, he found himself tied up in seaweed, waiting for his brother or someone else from his crew to wander by so they could free him.

Bardess Ookami
She was swimming about having a lovely swim on a nice day. She spotted the stallion all bound up in seaweed and whatnot. Part of her wanted to laugh. She managed to not as she swam closer. She wondered what her sister would think of this stallion and this mess he was in. She dropped down closer to him.

"Are you alright there," she asked. She managed not to laugh, but she couldn't keep the tinge of amusement out of her voice. He didn't seem to be in pain, which did make mirth more acceptable. He clearly needed aid, but didn't necessarily need it immediately.

Still, she'd rather not laugh at him if she could avoid it.

Divena
Zo scowled at the strange mare that had appeared. He tried puffing himself up a bit to look more impressive than he was. The effect was greatly diminished by the seaweed that was trapping him. "Who are you?" he demanded. He did a quick mental calculation and relaxed a bit internally. Not much, just a bit. They were on the edges of his trap territory, so she wasn't drifting too terribly close to his treasure trove. Still, he didn't much like the fact that the first person to find him was a stranger, not a member of his crew.

Bardess Ookami
"Corry," she said with a smile. Why give the silly stranger her full name before she knew that he could handle it? After all, he could hardly handle himself. She flipped upside down in the water to watch him, her hair floating about her head loosely.

"And who are you?" she asked. The seaweed king, mayhaps?

Divena
Zosite frowned at her, watching her flip. For a second, his attention was distracted by the way her silvery hair drifted in the water. It practically shone... No, Zosite! Bad! No shinies! Focus! He shook his head quickly, trying to redirect his attention. What had she asked? Oh, right. Who was he. "Zosite Kaari," he said, once again puffing up, this time in pride. "You've probably heard of me!" Well, maybe not him, but his brother most definitely! Or maybe his niece? Zo wasn't much for the spotlight. He was usually the one who lifted the shinies while his brother and niece distracted the mark.

Bardess Ookami
"Nope. Am I meant to have?" she asked, grinning at him a bit. Since he didn't seem too bothered by his predicament, she chose not to comment on it for now. She rolled back over until she is right side again, flicking her tail lazily.

She eyed him. He was cute enough, she supposed. She wondered what her sister might think of this one. No, she wouldn't show him to her sister, they just finished feuding over that other male, no sense stirring the waves over this one.

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:18 am
IM RP

Divena
Zo gaped at her for a moment, stunned into silence that she had never heard the Kaari name before. Had she been living under a rock or something? No,she looked too clean to have been living in a dirty cave. Maybe a clean cave like his, with lots of shinies around... He shook his head again. Focus. "You haven't..." he muttered. "Ah... maybe you wouldn't..." It wasn't like his family introduced themselves when they robbed someone. Or if they did, they certainly didn't give out their names. Ack! Maybe he shouldn't have told her his real name! "Oops..." he winced.

Bardess Ookami
She waited while he sputtered, finding herself growing more and more amused. He was quite the funny sort, really.

"Oops?" she asked, tilting her head at him.

Divena
"Um... yeah.... can we start over maybe?" he asked, flashing her what he hoped was a charming smile. He wasn't quite as charismatic as his brother, or as endearingly adorable as his niece's new toy, but he wasn't a slouch in the charm department. Not when he put forth an honest effort, anyway. Of course, very little of what Zo did could be construed as honest. Maybe if you took a look at it from a grey area...

Bardess Ookami
"Star over?" she asked, grinning at him. "Would we be starting before or after you got yourself all tangled up in the seaweed?" This was fun. Well, he was fun. She wondered if he would still be fun if he were free. Probably not. A shame.

Divena
"Who says I'm tangled?" he protested. And immedately regretted the question. Any idiot could tell he'd gotten caught in a trap.Still, he tried to bluster his way forward, as if it was completely intentional after all. "Maybe I got myself wrapped all up on purpose. Did you think of that? Huh? Huh? Huh?"

Bardess Ookami
"Ooooh. So instead of my thinking you fell prey to a natural occurrence, or had an accident, which could befall any Soq, you prefer me to think you intentionally and willingly put yourself in this awkward position, leaving yourself vulnerable to any passing Mer who might wish you ill?"

Divena
"Uh... er...." Somehow that... sounded even more moronic than simply backtracking. He scrambled to try and figure out what to say that would allow him to save face... somehow... This conversation was rapidly spiraling out of his control. Oh drat, now he had gotten himself all turned around and he wasn't even certain he remembered what the question had been in the first place. He took a shot and guessed. "Um... No?" he tried.

Bardess Ookami
"Um, no?" she echoed, grinning. Somehow she thought that he rather misunderstood her question. Well, if he were terribly bright, he probably would not have gotten himself tied up by the seaweed in the first place. Still, he did seem rather fun.

"No, you'd rather I think it was an accident, and that you are tangled up?"

Divena
"Um.... yes?" That's what it was, after all. Though... now that he thought about it, he remembered why he hadn't wanted her to know that it was an accident. He scowled at the mare, wondering what kind of mind tricks she was playing to get him to revel such important secrets like that. He would have to make sure not to talk about the crew. Mal would kill him if he blurted out something like that.

Bardess Ookami
"I think I shall take pity on you," she informed him with a bright smile. "Why don't you just tell me what you want me to think about this situation," she asked swimming a slow lazy circle around him, wanting to see if he'd try and turn in his tangled mess to see her when she was behind him.

Divena
He most definitely did try to turn to follow her. Somehow in the process of trying to keep her in sight, he got himself even more tangled up and was now hanging upside down as he stared at her. "Gack..... Can't.... breathe...." he gasped out once he was so wrapped up he couldn't move at all.

Bardess Ookami
She darted close, all joking and mirth gone in the face of his danger. She grabbed the seaweed around his waist in her teeth and ground them as quick as she could, trying to loosen the pressure, so that he could breathe at the least. Her hair floated about her head, smacking into his face as she worked.

Divena
The seaweed snapped under her teeth and he sucked in a sharp breath then started coughing and choking on the mouthful of mane that he inhaled. He managed to spit it all out and wheezed. "You're trying to kill me, woman! What did I do to you!?" he coughed again and went limp, panting a bit.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:44 pm
IM RP

Bardess Ookami
She swam back, tail flicking behind her. "I was trying to save you," she said tartly. "Most people would be thanking me for that, you know. Well, then again, if they've met you, maybe the wouldn't," she teased, a twinkle back in her eye.

Divena
He scowled at Corrina. Maybe she had already met his brother. While Mal had never actually threatened him, Zo knew his brother well enough to know that more than a few times Mal had wished he could strangle his twin. Rather than respond to that ludicrous comment, he squirmed and wiggled until he was able to shed the rest of the seaweed ropes. He huffed out a relieved breath. "That's so much better...."

Bardess Ookami
"Well, if that's that then," she said, shaking out her mane, I'll just be on my way." If he wasn't going to grateful, and he was done being fun, what was the point in remaining? So she moved along the way she had been heading. Unbeknownst to her, she was heading further in along his traps - closer to his treasure.

Divena
"Wait!" Zo yelped, just before she would have swum into a trap similar to the one he had just escaped. "That's it? You're just going to leave? Without a proper goodbye? I mean, you didn't even give a proper hello! Talk about rude! I thought mers were supposed to be polite!" He shook his head, trying to figure out what in the world he was saying.

Bardess Ookami
She gave him such a peculiar look. "If you wanted me to be polite, you could start by being so yourself, you know. You are amusing though, I will grant you that much. Alright then. Thank you ever so for such a thrilling time, good sir. Now I shall take my leave."

That said she tuned again, resuming her path towards his trap, unless he stops her again.

Divena
"Ah..." he tried to think of another way to stop her... but he wasn't quite fast enough as she would trip a trap that snapped a seaweed net around her. "You.... probably don't want to do that," he muttered, more to himself. He sighed a bit. Well, this at least would keep her from discovering their super secret lair and his horde of shinies.

Bardess Ookami
She cried out, startled, as she was ensnared. Her eyes widened and she fought the bonds, thrashing this way and that as she strained to get her teeth to some of the constriction so he could chew free. She was in a mild panic, and was probably quite amusing to watch, herself. Dangerous to approach, however, given how much she was thrashing.

Divena
Zo watched her for a moment, not so much amused as concerned. If she kept thrashing like that, she was bound to hurt herself. He swam around so that he was in front of her. "Calm down!" he snapped. Then he realized that snapping probably wasn't the best way to speak to someone in an obvious panic. He tried gentling his voice. "Calm down," he repeated, this time softer and more soothingly. "You're fine."

Bardess Ookami
She gave him quite the odd look, but she did calm finally. "the plants around here are vicious and fair peculiar," she told him. She stopped thrashing, shoving her terror aside now that her mind was clear of the shock of it. "Return the favor and help me out?"

Divena
"I could... though it's not the plants," Zo said, shaking his head slightly. "I made these traps myself. I can't let you out until..." Until Mal told him to. But he couldn't admit that his brother called the shots. That would be admitting he had a brother. Unless he had already mentioned his brother? He couldn't remember. He decided to continue on as if he hadn't. "Until I'm sure you won't trespass on our... my... territory."

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:20 am
RP Logs

Bardess Ookami
"I'm sorry, I must have water in my ears, for a moment there, it sounded as though you said that these were traps? Specifically that there were traps that were made by you?" she asked.

She'd get into the territory argument later.

Divena
"Yep," Zo said, proudly ."I'm a master trapper! I've got them scattered all over... but I'm not going to tell you where they are, so don't think you can go trying to sneak around them. Er... I... probably shouldn't have even told you that there were more traps in the first place...." he frowned a bit. This was why he didn't handle the interrogations.

Bardess Ookami
"Then tell me, oh master trapper," she said in a voice that was oh so impressed, "how it is that when I came upon you, you were in just such a state?" She grinned at him. "It's one thing for a mare such as I who knows not of the traps to fall prey to them, but should you not have been more savvy?"

Divena
Er... probably. How bad would it be if he admitted that he didn't always remember where his own traps were? No, that would probably make him look like a major idiot. Bad idea. "I"m so good that I caught myself," he said, arrogantly. There, that would make him seem smarter!

Bardess Ookami
"Oh?" she asked, amused. "Is that the case then? Would you not also then be so smart as to foil yourself and only get trapped if you had a way out, ready on hoof? It seems to me that one wise enough to trap even himself would be wise enough too, to know how to escape on his own. No?"

Divena
"I am!" he huffed, feeling suddenly defensive. "I always set up a fail safe so I can get out of my own traps." At least, he had started doing so after about the tenth time he had to wait for Mal to come free him. But that had been a long time ago. He eyed the remains of the trap he had just escaped. "That was an old one, though... I forgot about it... I made it when I was small and inexperienced. That's why it didn't have the fail safe."

Bardess Ookami
"I am not entirely certain that I believe you about this fail safe," she informed him with a teasing grin. "I mean, it is one thing to claim one, anyone could do that." She considered, then smiled, eyes twinkling, "just as any could claim to be the one who laid the traps."

Divena
"I'm not just claiming! I DID! I have traps all over this place. There's only one safe way into our... my territory!" he huffed. He looked around as if to confirmed the traps were all still in place. And they were, he knew they were. He hadn't taken them down yet. Of that much he was certain... though... it had been awhile. He probably needed to set up a new path to their caves and fill in the one that had been there. He was already planning what kinds of traps he was going to put up. Maybe he would try some new ones.... ones with chains instead of seaweed.... oh, but chain didn't hold up well in the water... hmm....

Bardess Ookami
"Oh, then this trap is an older one with no fail safe either? Or are you yourself so rude as to not return a favor to one who aided you?" she asked, tossing her hair lightly to clear it from her eyes. "I would rather you free me before you do, as you clearly will inevitably do, and spring another trap just to prove that you do actually know where they are."

Divena
"I can free you," he told her. He waited for a moment, considering if he really wanted to. After the moment passed, he decided that he actually did. If she actually kept going forward, she'd just get caught up again. And to make sure she knew that, he told her as much. "But if you keep going into our... my territory, you'll just get stuck again."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:21 pm
IM RP

Bardess Ookami
"We can speak of that more once I am free," she said simply. She nodded back to the seaweed. "This fail safe, if you please. While I appreciate the efforts you are making to help me slim down, this is not quite the way a girl wishes to become thinner."

Divena
He gave her an odd look, wondering what losing weight had to do with anything. With a small shake of his head, he swam around her a bit so that he could reach the point that tied all of the knots together. It was a matter of a simple tug at an angle that would have been impossible for someone inside the trap. And just like that, all the weeds sprang apart, and she was free. He frowned at the mess and shook his head over a beautiful trap destroyed. "What a waste..."

Bardess Ookami
"So... that was your fail safe?" she asked, just to be sure. Had he not seen the big glaring issue with it? Clearly not. Well, it would be fun to inform him and watch his face fall. Clearly he needed a minder. Well, she could be that minder for now. Until she got bored.

Divena
He rolled his eyes. "Well, no," he said, his tone making it clear that he thought she didn't have an ounce of common sense. "If it was, it would have been totally useless. In case you didn't notice, you couldn't reach it from inside the trap. That's just the way to release the net from the outside. Obviously."

Bardess Ookami
"I am not sure I believe you," she teased gently. "I think that I would have to see the actual fail safe if you wish me to believe that the knot you just pulled and your fail safe are not in fact one and the same, mi'lord."

Divena
"Milord? Who's Milord?" he asked, once again distracted. "I'm Zo.... Did you hit your head? You shouldn't have hit your head. This trap is all ropes, there's no rocks. That's to the east, not in this quardent....Quick, how many hooves am I holding up?" He held up one hoof.

Bardess Ookami
"Given that you have two total, the choices I was right, even had I hit my head, are one in three," she told him blandly. "You are holding up but one. Mi'lord is a form of address. Not the clothing, but conversation. "

Divena
"Oh.... It sounds fancy... I'm not fancy," he informed her, though he was flattered that she would mistake him for a fancy fellow. Then he stopped and frowned as something she had said struck him as wrong. He scrunched up his face as he thought for a moment. Finally, he figured it out. "Wouldn't it be one in two?"

Bardess Ookami
She grinned at him, somewhere between pleased and smug. "Three, mi'lord," she confirmed. "It could have been a single hoof, both hooves, or neither hooves, of course. So three options. Now had you asked which hoof, there would have been four options, obviously."

Divena
He hadn't considered not holding up any hooves as an option, so yes, one out of three made sense. But how did she come up with four options? He worked hard at trying to figure it out and came up blank. So he asked, with as much sophistication as he could manage, "Huh?"

Bardess Ookami
She stretched out and swam a small circle, just to feel the freedom of the motion. "No hooves, left hoof, right hoof, both hooves. Of course had you asked that, I would then have asked my left and my right or your left and your right. Whatever would you have done then, mi'lord."

Divena
He blinked rapidly. "You're... making my head hurt," he muttered. No one was allowed to make his head hurt except his brother. Though usually Mal made it hurt by hitting it. How did this mare manage to give him such a headache without even touching him?

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:58 pm
IM RP

Bardess Ookami
"Mmmmm," she said, giving him a small almost sympathetic smile. "Thinking does that to a soq sometimes," she said soothingly. "Don't worry about it, the pain fades in time. Until then, I believe you were about to show me the fail safe?"

Divena
"Oh... right... Well, I'd have to get in one to show you... So... hang on," he looked around until he spotted where he had set up another rope trap. He swap over to it and flicked his tail to trigger the trap. When the net snapped shut against him, he squirmed a bit until he had more space. "See that? See how awesomely it snapped shut?" he gloated. Yes, the dunce had already forgotten that it was a bad idea to show her how to get out of his own traps. Let's wait and see how long it takes him to remember.

Bardess Ookami
"Yes, I do see," she said, amused. "You are a master at traps... at least, at getting yourself into them," she said with a grin. "But the question was, could you really get out on your own?"

Divena
"I was just about to get to that. Be a little patient!" He rolled his eyes and squirmed again until he could hook his hoof on just the right knot. Once he had it twisted around his ankle, he gave a good yank. Just as the trap around her had unraveled, so too did this one. He floated there, grinning at her, viably pleased with himself.

Bardess Ookami
"Well," she said with a grin. "Drape me impressed. But I fear our playing has destroyed all your pretty traps. I am ever so sorry about that. All that hard work, and you've not a single trap left. Forgive me, mi'lord?"

Divena
"If that was true, I wouldn't forgive you until you helped me remake them," Zo huffed. Then he grinned. "But it's not true. I've got loads more traps around here... So you're forgiven." Of course, there was a hole in the line of defense now. He'd have to rebuild those traps anyway. Maybe he could make her help him anyway. Though that would mean she'd know all his trapping secrets...

Bardess Ookami
"Loads more, is it?" she asked, fluttering her lashes at him. "All like those? Oh my. that is quite the tangle you've crafted, mi'lord," she said, sounding impressed.

Divena
"Not all like those," he corrected. "It gets boring making the same trap over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... and... over..." he trailed off as something sparkled in the sand, catching his attention. Was that a rock or a shiny? Or was it something even better? Last time something shiny was stuck in the dirt, it turned out to be a sword. Mal let him keep it but only if he promised to keep it in his horde. BUT if he brought home another sword, he could use it. How awesome would that be?

Bardess Ookami
"Oh, what other kind of traps do you use then? I could see that getting boring if you were making a lot, but.. how many traps could there really be, anyway? That you made so many already is impressive, mi'lord, how much more impressive could you be?"

Divena
"Huh?" he blinked at her and quickly replayed their conversation, trying to remember what they were talking about. Ah, right... traps... "Lots of different types. You have to have a different type for each type of terrain, like you wouldn't set the same trap in the reefs that you'd set in a field of seaweed. And some of the traps are supposed to detain while other traps do other things. It's very complicated work, making a trap."

Bardess Ookami
"Could you show me the ones you've made?" she asked, sounding fascinated. "It all sounds so interesting, but I don't think I'm quite visualizing it correctly," she said, fluttering her lashes at him.

Divena
He flushed a bit when she fluttered her lashes at him. Before that, he had been ready to zip off and show her another trap. However that... either she was flirting with him, which Mal always said was bad, or she had something in her eye. He frowned a bit. "Are you flirting?" he asked, suspiciously. Mal always told him to swim away if a mare ever flirted with him, though he never said why. Zosite wasn't quite sharp enough to realize that he was exactly the type of mark that they liked to target. Which was to say, he was easy.

Bardess Ookami
She flushed and ducked her head. "I'm sorry," she murmured. I just..." She shook her head. "I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable mi'lord. We can...can go back to just talking about the traps, if you want," she whispered, seeming heartbroken and sad.

Divena
He blinked rapidly. "Uh... I... I didn't mean to upset you..." He muttered. Mal had taught him to avoid flirting females, but he also taught him not to make a mare cry. So... what in the world was he supposed to do now? Well... she wasn't crying, she was just... sad... so... maybe if he pretended like there wasn't flirting in the first place? "Um... traps.... are fun..." he mumbled, lamely.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 2:35 pm
RP Logs

Bardess Ookami
She gave a small sniff. "You certainly seem to think so," she said softly. "I've never really seen them that way myself, though." she swallowed a bit. "truly, you do not hate me?" she whispered.

Divena
"No! No, of course not!" he quickly assured him, floating a bit closer. "Why would I hate you? Did you do something?" Was it because she was trying to flirt? Maybe Mal was right and it was an over all bad thing. But that couldn't be right, because Zo had seen Mal flirt tons of time in the past. Right before he robbed a mark... ooooh! Zo suddenly understood the warning about flirting mares. Was that why she thought he was upset with her? Had she been trying to trick him? But why? He didn't have any shiny things....

Bardess Ookami
"Because I accidentally started flirting, and you didn't like that," she said softly. "I thought that it upset you. I have so few friends, really. I had been hoping that maybe.. maybe we could get along. Maybe we could be friends, that maybe you would like me. and the traps were so interesting. I... I'm so sorry," she whispered.

Divena
"You didn't upset me," he hurried to reassure her. If it had been an accident then surely it was okay, right? He often accidentally stole things. It was all a matter of reflex. Even Mal would understand that. Why, Mal would probably tell him to apologize! "I'm sorry," he said with a sheepish grin. "I really don't mind. Honestly! And I love talking traps. Mal always warned me to beware flirts, that's all. But I don't talk to many females, so I wasn't sure if you were flirting. That's why I asked. If it was an accident then that's okay!"

Bardess Ookami
"Oh!" she said, reassured. "Oh thank goodness! You don't have any reason to apologize mi'lord. I was the one at fault. I don't know who Mal is or why he warned you of that, but I m sorry that I was flirting, if you did not want me to. I was truly enjoying discussing traps, and would love to do more of that, if you wanted to."

Divena
He grinned. "Of course! Mal is my brother. He gets really protective sometimes... Probably because I can be such an idiot." He laughed lightly, as if that wasn't a big deal at all, or even anything to be ashamed of. And he wasn't, ashamed of it that was. He didn't need to be the brains. Mal did that plenty well on his own. All Zo had to do was build awesome traps, which he excelled at... Even if he did have a tendency to get caught in them himself.

Bardess Ookami
"You're not an idiot!" she hastened to assure him. "I think you're really clever. I mean. I never could have figured out how to build all these traps. And you said that there were more kinds that I hadn't sen yet. That's really impressive. I'm glad your brother is protective, but I do hope he isn't the one that made you feel as though the were an idiot. Because that would be a horrid thing for a brother to say!"

Divena
Zo grinned, deciding that he actually liked this mare. She obviously had good taste. "Nah, he's a good brother. The best, actually. He's never called me an idiot, but I'm smart enough to know how dumb I am." And no, he had no clue how contradictory that statement was. That much was obvious. "But i did figure all the traps out myself," he added, just as clearly proud of himself for that.

Bardess Ookami
"Well, I think the traps are wonderful," she said, tossing her hair and giving him a small smile. "Will you explain the others to me?" she asked him, swimming a bit closer.

Divena
"Sure! I love talking about my traps, though I think Mal and Tash are getting sick of hearing about them..." Oops, wasn't he trying to avoid telling her too much about the crew? Well... Mal and Tash were family, so that made it okay, right? Except crew was family... So he shouldn't be talking about any of them to a stranger... Right? Ugh, his head was starting to hurt again.

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:23 pm
IM RP
Bardess Ookami
"Well, I'm not Mal, and I'm not Tash, and I am not in the least bit sick of hearing about them. I said I find them fascinating, and I meant it. So you can talk to me about traps all you desire. Teach me? I'd love to learn."

Divena
"okay!" He grinned. He didn't have to be asked twice. Well, okay, maybe he did, since she had mentioned being interested more than once. But that wasn't the point! "I'll teach you! You can be like my apprentice!" And how proud would Mal be of him when he told him about his student? Happily, he began swimming away from their territory and the two dismantled traps. "C'mon!"

Bardess Ookami
She followed along. "Are there more traps this way?" she asked, making sure to sound eager. "What kind of traps will I be learning? I really cannot wait to see all the different kinds you have set out!"

Divena
"No traps this way. The best way to learn them and understand them is to start from the beginning. I'm takin ng you somewhere I've already cleared of traps." Starting basic sounded like the best way to do it. Otherwise he might end up confusing her. Or, if he didn't confuse her, he'd confuse himself. Yeah, basic was the best way to start. They could always build from there.

Bardess Ookami
"Oh," she said, managing to sound a bit disappointing as she looked up at him through her bangs. "I was hoping to learn by seeing them in action first. But I suppose you do know best, as the teacher. So... basics. May I ask a basic question then?"

Divena
"There are no basic questions!" Wait... No... That didn't sound right... He shook his head quickly. "I mean... Yeah, ask me anything." Yeah, that sounded more teacherly. Or rather, more like what h thought a teacher should sound like. Maybe he hadn't put enough thought into this whole student thing... Ah well. He shrugged away the doubts. He was already committed, so why bother worrying?

Bardess Ookami
"Well," she said, seeming to think. "Traps are fascinating, and they seem fun, which I guess is reason enough to do most anything, except... well... except there seem an awful lot of them all in one place back where they were. Why would someone ever want to cluster so many traps together? Wouldn't he or she be afraid of tripping one trap while setting another?"

Divena
"That's why you've got to have a really good memory, or system." Neither of which he possessed, which likely accounted for that many times he got caught in his own traps. "If you have something worth protecting, though, you'll want a lot of heavy duty traps. The real trick is putting them close enough together that they can't be missed by someone sneaking past, but not so close that they set each other off."

Bardess Ookami
"That sounds really difficult," she said, making her eyes wide with wonder. "What could be worth that much work to protect it?" she asked, awed.

Divena
His eyes sparkled as he thought of his horde, safely hidden away behind his very best traps. "Treasure," he whispered, revently. What else could be worth so much trouble other than heapsand heaps of shines? The answer really should have been obvious! But he was willing to forgive her because she was still learning.

Bardess Ookami
"Treasure?" she asked, confused. "You mean like coral and cloth bits and crates of tea?" she asked, head tilting slightly. "Is that what you mean by treasure? I've never seen someone get so terrible excited about bits of coral, pretty though they are."

Divena
"Not all that stuff. Real treasure! Shiny things, like pretty rocks and metals. Things that sparkle in the light." Seriously, did he have to explain everything to her? He really couldn't understand how anyone could live without knowing what treasure was. That was such a fundamental part of life!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:47 pm
IM RP
Bardess Ookami
She managed to look overawed. "I... I don't think I've ever sen such a thing, mi'lord," she said, wide eyed. "To my sister and I, treasure's always been small things that we could carry about. Things that shine like that could attract attention, and we could be attacked. I don't think even if I had seen such a thing, I'd ever be brave enough to have any!"

Divena
"People would try to take your shinies from you if you're not careful," he agreed, sagely. He was one of those people, though that bit should probably go without saying. "But that's why you build the traps, see? So you can protect your shinies, and yourself, and your sister all from harm!"

Bardess Ookami
She giggled. "I think my sister would be rather cross, mi'lord, if I put her in a trap, even to protect her from harm."

Divena
"Then don't put her in the trap... Build the traps around her. That's what I do." Sort of, anyway. He built the traps around their home, and he usually went out with his brother. Plus there were the gators... "Oh, or you could get yourself a familiar. Morty and CC are good for added protection. And Squishy is just crazy..."

Bardess Ookami
"But if she's surrounded by traps, and can't get out, isn't that itself a trap? What if she wants to take a swim? Or get something to eat? Or go to the surface for tea?"

Divena
"That's why you always leave a safe path," he explained with exaggerated patience. Then her words sank in and he frowned. "Wait... What's tea?"

Bardess Ookami
"But if there is a safe path, can't someone sneak in and get to her that way?" she asked, head tilted to one side. As the water pulled her mane over her eyes she smiled slightly. "Oh tea? Tea is wonderful, my sister and I just discovered it. I'll make you a deal, I'll show you tea, if you show me your treasure. Since I've never seen any treasure, and you've never seen any tea!"

Divena
He thought about it for a moment. He didn't much like the idea of showing anyone outside the crew how to get to their base. Oh, but he could always bring a shiny out to her... Yes, that would work. "Okay! You go get the tea, and I'll get a shiny, and we'll meet back here in two hours!" That would be enough time for him to find his brother and bring him with.

Bardess Ookami
She shook her head. "Tea is a surface thing, I can't bring it down here," she said, mournfully. "I'd love to, I very much would, but it can only be had up in the air. What if we go see the tea first, then go see the treasure? Both of us together? We could talk more of traps as we travel..."

Divena
Zo frowned a bit and shook his head. "No... I can't take you to the treasure. Mal would never allow it. And I don't go to the surface without Ceese or Mal with me." None of them were supposed to go to the surface alone, though he suspected his niece used to. "I can bring Mal back with me..."

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:56 pm
IM RP
Bardess Ookami
Dang. The brother could be tricky to get around, but in for a raindrop, in for the sea. She gave a bright smile. "Oh! I'd love to meet him, does he know as much about treasure as you do?" she asked brightly, then she blinked. "Though... if you don't wan to bother him, you and I could protect each other. I've been to the surface enough I can keep you safe long enough for tea, and I'm sure you could protect me from the treasure!"

Divena
"Mal knows lots about treasure... Not so much about traps, though..." Zo nodded as he thought about it. Really, he should have gotten Mal to begin with. Completely ignoring her offer to protect him, he told her, "I'll go get him now!" And without giving her a chance to protest, he dove into the weeds. Whether it was by design or dumb luck, he would take a quick, winding path that was guaranteed to lose anyone following him.

Bardess Ookami
She swished her tail in annoyance as she debated if she should wait for him to return or not... He was a fun mark, and she was enjoying the practice. He was simple enough, and sweet. She liked being around sweet people, enough so that she planned to not actually take anything from him. She just wanted to prove to herself that she could do it. She had no need for his treasure, though what she was learning about the traps was fascinating.

Though the brother could be difficult. She wasn't sure what he would be like. She didn't know if he'd be another mark, a challenge, or an impenetrable wall of coral. She hatted swimming into a trench blind, and that's what this was. She didn't have enough on the brother to know how to play this.

That was reason enough to just cut her losses and split. Better to live to con another day. But... she was having fun. She wasn't ready to cut her losses yet... but.... what if this Mal killed her for messing with his baby brother?

Well... she'll just have to be careful.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff