Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
Familiar Hiring: Congratulations New Hires p.3! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:23 pm
Welcome to Soquili's Familiar Hiring Event!

We're looking to hire some talented colorists to keep this shop alive and active. We need people to paint some Familiars, from customs to breedings and pre-mades for events; from edited to unedited; from Mouse to Bison! The thing is, we can't do this without you.

Think you've got the chops to color, the drive to work regularly, and a desire to help out Soquili? Then this is the place for you!

We're also using different hiring templates -- so please make sure you grab the ones linked in this thread!

Round Two
Starts: November 11-18-15
Ends: November 29 @ 5pm EST

Please Note: We were hoping that we might give some of the final-hires familiars away in a raffle of some sort [following some possible QC/tweaking]. With this in mind, please do NOT make customs or quest familiars. You can if you want and don't mind this possibility but please note that these might very well go to customer homes!

User Image

JUST ONE MORE NOTE! Please do NOT use the templates for references in customs, for other shops, or for personal use. Once the hiring event is over, please refrain from using the templates for personal use, or for references in this shop (or other shops). Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:25 pm
Hiring Information

In this thread we're looking to hire the following:

Edited Familiars Colorists:
Individuals who are able to color Familiars pets, as well as edit them to our standards.

Unedited Familiar Colorists:
Individuals who are able to color Familiars pets, but will NOT be allowed to edit them unless given permission from Mindsend and Uta. This is a color-only position.

We do have a few rules and notes we'd like you to consider, just so you know what you're signing up for, and what we, on staff, expect.

1. Please be able to take constructive criticism. Until you're a Senior colorist, your work will have to go through group Quality Control. If you take customs, the customer might ask for tweaks, changes, or revisions to work you are proud of. We will never be cruel, but criticism is going to happen and if you can't handle the feedback, this shop will not be a good fit for you.

2. Please be active and available. It does us no good to hire someone full time, who can only handle part-time or occasional work. Please be honest with us if your schedules get too crazy and you need to change your availability. Also, please don't try out if you really don't think you're going to be around to color for us for more than a month or two. While we understand RL happens, and unexpected surprises can pull you away, to get hired, only to quit or simply go MIA (and still be active in other shops) is frustrating for staff and fellow customers alike.

3. Please remember, this is a customer service position. You will be dealing with customers, especially if you take customs, as well as dealing with your fellow staff members. A friendly personality, and being an ambassador to the shop are traits we're looking for. Check your drama at the door and remember to be civil, regardless how you feel about people. We get that some people just don't click, or get along, and maybe you don't like fellow staff members. All that said, we are all volunteering our time here and you will be expected to deal with people you don't like civilly. We're a team, so please, keep the drama private.

Availability

We're looking to hire for any of the following availability:

Full-Time: 3 customs =OR= 2 breedings once every two months

Semi-Quarterly: 3 customs =OR= 2 breedings once every four months

Bi-Annually: 3 customs =OR= 2 breedings once every six months

You can always do more than your hired availability, but please note that you need to let Mindsend and Uta know if that availability lessens. If you can't get us your quota, you might risk being let go. You can always do more than the above per quota, but you should not do less.

Quote:

We will only be hiring the following levels to start:

Rookie This is where all of our colorists start. They are allowed to create pets for freebies, flaffles, and mockbreedings. After you complete a successful Wishing Star Event, with Mindsend and Uta's approval, you can then begin to take on customer Breedings and Customs.

Promotions up the rank will happen as you continue to stay active in the shop and produce quality work.

Perks and Payment
So the big question is, what do you get out of this? Not only do you get to join and be part of a pretty awesome staff, but your efforts help keep the B/C community (and this shop in particular) thriving! Additionally, working with all this talent should allow your own color and edit techniques room to grow!

When it comes to payment, you get to keep 100% of breeding and custom pay. You also get to keep 100% of credit paid bribes. You get to keep 90% of personal auctions, personal paid raffles, personal breeding bribes, and 90% of most other 'big payout' events. The reason we take a cut is so we have gold to be able to pay and reward our non-colorist staff.

Additional perks include gaining monthly credits, which you can cash in for pets for yourself or others.

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:43 pm
Rules for Entry

1. Please read this entire front page before you enter!
2. If you have questions or concerns, please PM them to Mindsend or Uta.
3. Please only use your own art in all categories! If we catch you using art you did not color or work on, or stealing others art, you will be punished severely. We have a 0-tolerance for art thieves. Besides, we want to see what you can do, not what someone else can.
4. If you do edits, please remember your style is going to have to match our templates. This is not to say you cannot have your individual touch, as every colorist does, but understand, you might be asked to change a style to be more fitting for the lines we have.
5. Please fill out the form in its entirety.
6. If we have a hard cut-off date or deadline, please follow it. You might be DQ'd if you miss it, even by just a few minutes.
7. We will perform background checks on potential hires and cross-check references.
8. You do NOT have to have worked in a B/C shop before, or a previous colorist, to enter.
9. We understand sometimes people don't get along, and mistakes have been made in the past. We will not hold past mistakes against you, but do understand, if you have a drama-filled background, or we get many complaints from previous employers, this might dampen your chances of being hired.
10. We at Soquili do not need to explain why we choose the hires we do, or justify why we did not hire someone. We do not have to give details on why one was not picked. Please note, that even if you are not hired now, this does not mean you shouldn't try again during future hire events.
11. We will have various rounds, and people will advance accordingly. This process will take a few weeks. Please understand there will be deadlines, and people who miss them, will be DQ'd.
12. Please be aware you're going to need Photoshop, or some sort of photoediting program to color for soquili. If your program doesn't handle the lines, file type, or open up folders and layers, this might not be the best choice. You'll also want AIM so we can get a hold of you outside of Gaia/PM.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:50 pm
The Rounds

Round One
Starts: November 4th now open
Ends: November 17th 7pm EST

If you are interested in trying out to become a Familiar colorist, please fill out the following to the best of your ability! Please use the proper heading and post at least three samples!

The Sample Template can be found here:

Zip File

This time we're using Actual Familiar templates (Original Raccoon, Ferret, and the Hummingbird/Songbird/Quetzal template)! Please note that if opening folders is going to be a challenge, we're sorry, but we don't have any non-foldered templates. Practically all soquili templates have folders, so if you can't open them, then this job probably isn't for you.

Edited colorists, please edit as you wish -- the items are optional.
Unedited colorists, feel free to use the stock edits and items as you wish.

Please use the following code to enter for Round One:

[center][size=24][color=dodgerblue][b]Something Seems Familiar....![/b][/color][/size]
[/center]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Availability?[/b] Full-Time, Semi-Quarterly, Bi-Annually
[b]What Position?[/b] Color Only, Edit Work Only, or Either
[b]Do you have Instant Messenger?[/b] Y/N
[b]Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones?[/b]
[b]Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior?[/b] If you have never worked in a B/C shop, or your old employers have long since quit, can you please list names of people we can contact to query your background on Gaia?
[b]Why do you want to join Soquili?[/b]
[b]Please post at least three samples using the template provided![/b] (if you are colorist only, edits are not necessary; if you are trying for an edit gig, edit them to your hearts content.)
[b]Other miscellaneous art you've created:[/b] (This can be personal works, or past pets created/colored, etc. etc. This is optional!)
[b]Last but not least, are you a current staff member? If so, is this position for a primary or secondary position?[/b] (Primary means you don't want your current hired position and want to make this your main one, secondary means you want to keep your current role, but do this position when you can?)

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:51 pm
reserved for round two  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:05 pm
Something Seems Familiar....!

Name: Of The Epidemic
Availability? Full-Time
What Position? Either!
Do you have Instant Messenger? Y
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? I have. I was in Bijoux for a very short stint. I co owned EASY with Vuu, and I am a guest colorist in Barton Town: Animal Crossing.
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? itsie bitsie spider, Parasitic Candii, the best option is probably King Neroche. You can reach her best on DA also KingNeroche. =3 I can grab her and drag her on here long enough to answer questions though, if you like! XD She was my co owner in EASY. Irish Night Fox, along with micy, is the one that handled my hiring and stuff at ACBT.
Why do you want to join Soquili? It's one of the only places I come on gaia for anymore. I feel at home, I love the community. <3
Please post at least three samples using the template provided! User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Other miscellaneous art you've created: User Image User Image
Last but not least, are you a current staff member? If so, is this position for a primary or secondary position?  

Of The Epidemic

Dapper Phantom

13,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:40 pm

Name: Kaitaia
Availability?  Full-Time
What Position? Either
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C?  If so, which ones? A looooot. Most recently, HellBound. Most notably & extensively, Wayward Children’s Pound. Also Blathanna, Whimiscals, Puchi Pet, Soul Guardians, etc.
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? CitrusCupcake, one over three,
Why do you want to join Soquili? Ever since I started colouring it’s been a dream of mine to be good enough to work at Soq. Especially now, everyone seems so wonderful and the community has really grown into something great.
Please post at least three samples using the template provided! I like birbs.
User Image User Image User Image
Other miscellaneous art you've created: one two three four
Last but not least, are you a current staff member?  If so, is this position for a primary or secondary position? Nawwww.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:25 pm

Name: Kyribird
Availability? Semi-Quarterly
What Position? Either
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? Only ones I've owned myself
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? Zoobey, Lilwolfpard
Why do you want to join Soquili? I like coloring pretty things.
Please post at least three samples using the template provided!
Star ferret
Purple Coon
Malfoy?
Fire bird
Other miscellaneous art you've created:
[1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10]
Last but not least, are you a current staff member? If so, is this position for a primary or secondary position? Nope~

Kyribird

Aged Codger

spelldancer

Swashbuckling Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:14 pm

Name: spelldancer
What Position? Color Only
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? No
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? Miss Cherie, Uta, Regina Aelise
Why do you want to join Soquili? To be able to help out with a shop that has become home to me and provide beautiful artwork to customers.
User Image | User Image| User Image | User Image | User Image
User Image | User Image | User Image
User Image | User Image | User Image | User Image
(template done by Uta)
Last but not least, are you a current staff member? If so, is this position for a primary or secondary position? No  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:08 am

Name: Pollack
Availability? Semi-Quarterly (Will likely be doing a full time load though. Putting down Semi-Quarterly just in case my health issues rise up again.)
Do you have Instant Messenger? Yes!
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? Lights Of Ha'Raidu
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? ClockworkMidnight (Past Employer with Lights of Ha'Raidu), Epine De Rose (Personal friend), sage_the_vampric_angel (Personal friend).
Why do you want to join Soquili? Because Soquili is the only reason I come on Gaia anymore. I have adored this shop since diving in early 2008. I want to be apart of the community in a whole different way though now and help pay it forward by providing pretty wittle familiars for all~

User Image
User ImageUser Image User ImageUser Image
User Image

User Image / User Image / User Image / User Image
Last but not least, are you a current staff member? If so, is this position for a primary or secondary position? Nope~  

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

Rhyleigh

Invisible Harvester

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:19 am

Name: Rhyleigh
Availability? Full-Time
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? Yes, Faekats
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? Pinka, Artymus
Why do you want to join Soquili?Gold I want epic amounts of gold XD jk. I love coloring and Soquili is full of awesome peeps which I would totally enjoy coloring adorable familiars for.
More to come. Thumbnails link to larger versions.
User Image...User Image...User Image...User Image...User Image...User Image
Last but not least, are you a current staff member? If so, is this position for a primary or secondary position? Nope  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:13 pm

Name: Devil NightShade
Availability? Full-Time
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? No ^^;;
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior?
Aryn Light (Owner of Beta HQ, been a customer there for a long time)
Geniegirlly
Steal
A good bit of staff here do know me though sometiems I think that's not the best thing *giggle ... bricked*
Why do you want to join Soquili? Because I adore the shop and the people in it, and it would be a wonderful oppertunity for me to flex and grow my coloring skills ^^
User Image - User Image- User Image-User Image-User Image-User Image
Other miscellaneous art you've created: None
Last but not least, are you a current staff member? If so, is this position for a primary or secondary position? Nupe  

Devil NightShade
Crew

Marzipanz
Crew

Divine Nymph

10,625 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:07 pm

Name: Marzipanz
What Position? Either
Do you have Instant Messenger? Yes.
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? I mostly just stay glued to Soquili. I don't venture outside of the shop much at all.
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? I'm fairly certain that those who are on staff know me and my history on Gaia. Some old friends/co-workers include Atheart, Mindsend, and Honeyed Cupcake.
Why do you want to join Soquili? I am already apart of staff as an item colorist but would love to show what else I could contribute to the shop. I would balance both items and Familiars to meet my quota for the month.
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Other miscellaneous art you've created: n/a
Last but not least, are you a current staff member? If so, is this position for a primary or secondary position? Secondary Position.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:34 pm

Name: techabyte
Availability? Full-Time ( Christmas season will be a little slow for me, since I work retail, but I think I could still manage the quota, and after that it opens a ton of time for me! )
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? N/a
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? Yumitoko II | Novablu | Vistada | Lunadriel
Why do you want to join Soquili? I've always admired Soquili, and anytime I thought of coloring anything, I would think of how I could advance to be better and hopefully, one day, join. The people here are amazing and wonderful, and I'd love to just be able to join the group!
User Image User Image User Image User Image
Other miscellaneous art you've created: n/a
Last but not least, are you a current staff member? If so, is this position for a primary or secondary position? I am not a current staff member. :3  

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Ovarian Paint
Crew

Bashful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:07 pm

Name: Ovarian Paint
Availability? Full-Time
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? Children of Centaurus(Haitus), Spirit Valley, Durem Humane Socitey(Closed), Pride Lands
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? Libby Libra, Lunar Mirage,Niloufer
Why do you want to join Soquili? I'm an oldie from way back when, Ive been around the shop for longer than I should admit and I really like the current staff and how things are now and honestly, I've always wanted to color familiars, as I must admit that coloring actual soquili is just to daunting a task for this mom.
User Image User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image
Last but not least, are you a current staff member? If so, is this position for a primary or secondary position? N/A  
Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff