24,415 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:42 pm
A PRP with the following Soquili;

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

User ImageUser Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:39 pm
It had been a good while since Neve had felt this light hearted on setting out to track down her own mother. A killer, and last time she had seen her, hell bent on wiping out what she saw was the tainted blood in the family line. Not a task that should be enjoyed. But here she was, eager to get going this morning..and it was, she guessed, all down to the young companion that had offered to help her look.

She wasn't sure if she was getting old or what it was, but it seemed that young men had gotten prettier than she remembered them being in her youth. Not that Marius hadn't been pretty in his own way (and wasn't that the first time she had thought of her ex in a long time), but he at least hadn't made her feel slightly ungainly, not like Aramis. But he hadn't seemed vain, just sweet and happy to help.

Neve had had a momentary sobering thought that maybe he was just giving her a hand because he thought she was a sweet old lady Soquili, but that thought was quickly stomped on. She took to the wing, and was soon at the spot that they had agreed to meet, a fairly high hill that overlooked sweeping fields. She passed the time until he showed up by grooming her wing feathers

~~~~~

It was morning! Fragment tumbled out of the flower he had been sleeping in, and did his morning stretches, which basically consisted of stretching his wings by doing a few intricate loops a few feet from the ground. That done he broke his fast on some grass shoots that he managed to find (they were always the sweeter he thought) and got a drink from a nearby stream. Thus suitably fortified to face the day, he took a moment to think about where he was headed that day, and then he remembered! That was why he'd been so happy to greet the new day, he was taking Rocksteady on an adventure.

He grinned to himself at that, a day of finding adventure and with a pretty mare. He hadn't really planned on where they were going properly, but he did have a vague idea of somewhere that would be quite challenging and maybe a little bit risky but he decided that he would discuss it with Rocksteady when they met up and let the lady decide how adventurous they would be.

With those thoughts in mind he took to the wing once more, flying low enough over the ground that his tail, and sometimes even his mane would brush the grass. Flying any higher though would take more energy and he wanted to conserve that for whatever came their way. Eventually he arrived in the area he had met Rocksteady before, and then he flew a touch higher, looking for the mare, his wings fluttering enough to keep himself from drifting about too much as he looked around.

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:17 am
CitrusCupcake

User Image

Excitement coursed through his veins as he soared through the sky towards his destination. He'd spent a lifetime adventuring with his mother and brother, but never was it something like this. Snow went out looking for soquili to help or heal, today Aramis was looking for trouble and danger. He flapped his many wings and soared higher, then dipped and dove swiftly. The wind rushed in his ears, silencing all but the sound of it. He leveled suddenly, returning to a peaceful glide as he watched the ground race by below him. The sun was out, the sky was blue and there were nearly no clouds marring the beautiful day.

A smile broke out upon his face when he caught sight of his companion waiting for him at the appointed place. The day was suddenly much more beautiful. He couldn't quite place what was so appealing about the mare, but he was infatuated. Perhaps it was the fact she wasn't trying so hard to impress him,, and even seemed to distance herself slightly. He knew she was older, but that didn't matter to him at all. She was worldly and intelligence and charming. The smile remained when he landed beside her with a flourish of wings.

"It's good to see you Neve! Are you ready for our errand?" He knew she was apprehensive about their task. Tracking down a murderous mare wasn't exactly a walk in the park in terms of pleasantness, so he attempted to lighten her mood with his smile and charm, such as it might be.

User Image

She wasn't much for mornings, but she had managed to get up early enough to make it to their spot before the stallion. She had then promptly curled up and fallen back to sleep to wait, knowing she didn't have much chance at spotting the diminutive stallion before he spotted her anyway. She stood out with her bold colors against the reds and golds of autumn, so she had little fear he wouldn't find her. Better to take a bit of a nap and then be well rested for their adventure! Truth be told she hadn't slept well the night before. She was too excited for the adventure they were about to undertake, though she had no idea what Fragment might have in mind. She didn't really care though. She was happy just to be seeing him again.

Her excitement woke her again, and she blinked owlishly around her as she tried to adjust to being awake again. She must not have been sleeping long, but that was ok. She felt wired with energy anyway and rose to stretch and yawn. She started looking around and picking at the plants for edibles, enjoying the snack as she waited.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:40 am
Aramis had arrived a while after Neve had finished grooming her wings, and the small part of her that occasionally raised its head and kept her from being happy to be a single mare, subsided again and she smiled warmly in greeting at the young stallion. It wasn't that she thought anything could happen (would he even look at her that way? Most likely not, she was just stroking the pride that had been dented when her mate had left her), it was just gratifying to be in his company, it was nice to be greeted in such a cheery way.

"As ready as I can be." she replied truthfully.
"And you? I told you about my mother and her vendetta for the progeny she thinks is tainted. You know what she's like. I'm giving you the opportunity to back out if you want to. I won't hold it against you." she said, looking straight at Aramis. She knew him briefly, but she didn't want him to get hurt, eager though he had seemed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There she was! A lovely bright spot amongst the greenery, and he propelled himself forwards a touch faster so that he could catch up with Rocksteady. Just before he got to her, he spotted a late blooming flower, and he snagged it as he flew, snicking it loose and catching up with the mare, flitting around her and hovering a short distance above the tops of the grass, he proffered the flower and smiled at her.

"Goom morning" he said, slightly indistinctly around the stem of the flower, his wings moving swiftly so that he could stay in one spot long enough for her to see him and to take the flower.

Fatal Irony
*tucks Aramis in her pocket* He's a sweetie hehe

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:59 am
CitrusCupcake

User Image

His grinned widened as she smiled at him, his chest warming at the sight of her. She was a striking mare, truly, with mysterious eyes and a guarded demeanor. She was a puzzle he wished to unlock, a delicate one that would require subtlety and gentleness to break open. He was patient though, despite his youth.

At her suggestion that he should turn away he laughed, throwing his head back and shaking out his messy mane. "I have faced many foes alongside my mother, surely yours will be no different." He wouldn't dream of walking away now. It was simply too gallant an adventure for him to pass up. Besides, if he left now he wouldn't get to the bottom of the mare's mysteries. "Though what shall we do when we find her?"

User Image

She blinked in surprise as the stallion and the flower danced before her eyes. She smiled softly and took the flower gently, allowing Fragment to relax without his burden. "Good morning!" She replied around the stem in her mouth. She turned and tucked the flower into the hair of her tail, adding the many colors of her overall look. She turned back to him with a glowing smile. "So what's on the agenda for today?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:25 am
"Fair enough." she said, smiling despite herself at his enthusiasm. Truthfully she was happy that he was joining her, it was quite a lonely task as she didn't want to involve her children, didn't want to involve anyone really as her mother was unpredictable, but she'd warned him, she'd given him an out, and he still wanted to join her.

"If we find her. It was only rumours, and it could just be another Kalona that resembles her." it was clear that Neve was feeling some reluctance, despite having his company. She wanted to make her feelings clear, wanted to get her mother to back off once and for all, and if that meant physical violence then that was what had to happen. But it was her mother, and although Neve was now a grandmother herself, she still felt like a filly wanting her mother's love and approval.

"If we do. Then I talk to her. If she doesn't attack first." she turned on her hooves, and slowly started walking down the hill.

"Have you fought many, or any Kalonas before?" she asked, delaying the moment of taking to the wing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He smiled happily as she accepted his gift, watching as she pushed the flower into her tail. He caught himself staring at the mare and checked himself, landing a short distance from her and changed size, shaking out his mane.

"Hmm, what did you want to do? We could have an adventure. We could go generalexploring..orrrr." he said, looking slightly mysterious, maybe a little bit of male ego rearing its head as he offered the second option.

"Something a little more risky. Maybe a bit dangerous. I've always wanted to go to Rockslide Falls. But.." he said, looking at the mare.
"It's tricky for groundeds. It's tricky for those with wingeds if I'm honest, from what I've heard at least. So I'm okay if you'd like to go elsewhere."

Fatal Irony

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:48 pm
CitrusCupcake

User Image

"If it's not her, then we'll deal with whatever kalona it is. Kalona are easy," he said, winking. "We've taken care of many of them. Most of them are just egotistical jerks. I'm not concerned." He was boastful, he could hear it in his voice how inflated his own ego was around the mare. He didn't mind it, though. He wanted to impress her, and it wasn't a lie besides that. He almost hoped it was some random kalona. That would be easier than confronting Neve's mother. He could hear her hesitance and tried to put himself in her place. His relationship with his adoptive mother was a positive one, though. He couldn't imagine being at odds with her. It must be so hard for her. "If it's her..." He struggled with the right words to comfort her. "I'll protect you." It seemed inadequate, and he shrugged with a sheepish smile. "I'll be here whatever happens."

User Image

She admired the mischievous twinkle in his eyes, her ears perking up at the suggestion of danger and adventure. She was ready to undertake something like this. She had spent too much of her life living the easy, safe life. A little danger and excitement was JUST what she wanted. "I think we can handle a little hike." She grinned from ear to ear. "And I'm sure you could protect me from any danger," she said flirtatiously. She felt giddy around him, like a young mare once more. It was a rare experience, with her being a grandmother. She still couldn't believe that was true. "So shall we go?"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:52 am
"I suppose some of them are, I only really know my family members." Neve said softly. Her siblings were the same as she after all, only their halfblood traits were easier to see. She often wondered how her brothers were doing, it had been a long time since she'd seen either of them. She gave the young stallion a sideways glance and tried to sound serious when she added;

"So there's a chance I'm half a jerk is what you're saying then?" she pressed her lips together, trying not to laugh. When she could manage a straight face again she continued, half opening her wings to give them a little stretch before they took flight.

"With my mother, ego was not her problem. Sanity was. Or lack of it."
Neve had never really gotten to the root of why her mother had gone off the deep end, when she was younger she had worried that too may have been a kalona trait and had been terrified that maybe she or her siblings might go the same way but it had never happen. Instead the fears had become more tangible as her mother spiralled more out of control.

"I appreciate that, I really do." she stopped for a moment, looking up at Aramis.
"I just don't want you to get hurt because of or for me." she looked at him for a long moment, as if she wanted to say more but then seemed to think better of it.
"Well, I guess we should fly. There's a ways to go and I don't want to lose the trail."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<@

Fragment sure puffed up at those words and he stood a bit taller than he had before, his wings vibrating.

"I will protect you with my very life!" he said, feeling proud, and noble and all the things he had hoped to feel one day whenever he did the thing that made him feel like a true warrior, a proper flutter hero.

He bowed before her and nodded in the general direction they would need to travel in order to reach their destination.
"After you m'lady." he said, feeling another thrill at being able to say those words and to such a lovely mare. He hadn't quite wrapped his head around the fact that maybe a proper hero didn't actively lead a lady into danger, but adventure had been promised and it didn't have so much of a thrill if there wasn't some risk involved. Right? Right.

Once they were moving, he spoke again;
"Are you well? I hope things have been good since we last met."

Fatal Irony

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:24 am
CitrusCupcake

User Image

He was caught off guard by her sarcastic comment, and blinked at her for a moment before collecting himself enough to quip "If I'm lucky you're only half a jerk." He grinned from ear to ear, chuckling softly and anticipating some physical retribution for his retort.

When they recovered from their banter he flapped his wings eagerly, excited to get underway. He paused when he heard the concern in her voice when talking about her mother's instability. "You know that what's going on with her has nothing to do with you, right? You aren't like her." He said it definitively, as if he had known her all her life and could attest to it personally. He didn't have such knowledge of course, but he felt as if he knew her and she seemed sane to him.

He smiled softly as she expressed her concern for his safety. There was a spark of vulnerability, something she was holding back from telling him. He was touched and felt compelled to touch her, give her some physical reassurance. He reached out with a wing and caressed hers gently. "I gladly take on any risk. Besides, who will protect you if I leave? Now, let's fly."

User Image

"Let's hope it doesn't come to giving up your life for me. I would much prefer to keep you alive. After all, who else would keep me company?" She gave him a playful wink, slowing to walk beside him as he let her set out first. She certainly didn't want anyone else's company at the moment. She set a steady pace, paying attention to the flutter's natural pace and matching it. It promised to be a beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky. The sun was making it's way upwards towards its zenith, warming her pleasantly.

"I've been well since we last met," she answered, looking at him as they moved. "I was looking forward to this adventure with you. How have you been?" She wanted to know if he had been thinking of her as much as she had been thinking of him. She turned back forward, suddenly feeling a bit embarrassed and shy.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:40 am
Neve gave him a long look before replying.
"Touche, sir, touche." then she laughed.
"So I'm okay with you then if I'm half a jerk huh?" she said it half to herself and then shook her head. This was all very fun but it was distracting her and she needed to be focused now. They were searching for her mother and so levity had to be pushed to one side. She let out a little sigh before replying to Aramis again.

"You sound so sure, I could almost make myself believe it. And most days I do. I'm her child and she was broken before I was born, so my coming into being had nothing to do with her weak grip on sanity but when you realise your mother has become the thing that you need to protect the rest of your family from it kind of affects the logic side of your mind." she looked at him again, his wing touch stirring her from the turbulence of her thoughts. She smiled a little at him, touched by earnestness. Could he like her? Neve still felt that she carried too much baggage, and too many years for this young stallion to think of her that way, but it was a sweet hope to cling to as they searched for Izusa.

"Yes, lets." she took to the wing, circling until Aramis joined her. She turned, wheeling in the sky and headed in the direction of Rockslide Falls as it was an area that she had yet to search.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------<@

"I shall still endeavour to do so though, but I really will try not to disappoint you. Though I'm sure you wouldn't lack for company for long, your so..umm." Fragment stuttered then, confidence faltering for a short moment.
"Beautiful." he finished the sentence, and then coughed, continuing on as if he hadn't just said that and revealed that in a small way he had already gotten a little bit enamoured with the unicorn.

"I've been good, just been doing my usual. Flying and stamina training mostly." he knew he wasn't a proper Knight yet, in his head he needed to have much more adventures and save a damsel in distress (he was aspiring to a very old fashioned type of Knighthood) and so most days he pushed himself to his limits in his training.

"Likewise m'lady." he said with a broad grin.
"Today took too long to arrive. So I was very glad to greet the morning as I knew I would be meeting you this morning."

Fatal Irony

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:17 pm
CitrusCupcake
This can be where Izusa finds Rocksteady and Fragment and they can start getting in trouble XD

User Image

He enjoyed the way her gaze lingered on him and the way she laughed at his poor attempts at humor. He smiled at her, basking in her sweet company. He knew the next leg of this journey would be difficult, and he would take what happy moments he could while they lasted. He knew how often these encounters turned ugly, and with the target prey being Neve's mother he knew there was no scenario in which the mare walked away happy from this. Still, he also knew there was a chance at bringing her peace of mind, and to that end he would walk to the ends of he world if he had to.

Luckily however, he was gifted with powerful wings that would propel him wherever he wished to go. And just now, as he watched the older mare circling above him, he wanted to go wherever she was headed. He took a mighty leap and unfurled his wings, gaining altitude quickly and circling swiftly around Neve, a wide grin on his face. "Shall we go adventuring?" He wished they were on a happier path together, but accepted that this was what the mare needed to do before moving on. "Lead the way." He began sobering up, stealing himself for the grim task ahead.

User Image

His comment gave her pause and caused a flush to color her cheeks. Beautiful? She felt a far cry from such a description. Her mother was beautiful, and her sister inherited similar looks. Rocksteady found herself more plain in comparison to her family. If the stallion wanted to call her beautiful, however, she would be fine allowing him doing so - as often as he would like. She let him pretend he hadn't revealed his hand, simply smiling at him knowingly. She couldn't help but enjoy the attentions of the stallion and didn't want him to stop flattering her.

"You train so much! I wish I could fly so I could train with you." She didn't mind her lack of wings really, but any excuse to spend more time with the stallion would be welcome.

"I agree that this day took too long! I'm excited to be adventuring with you." Her grin only grew wider. She continued beside him in companionable silence, searching for ways to impress him. She was so distracted by her ruminations that she neglected her path. Before she had time to notice she was tumbling end over end down a steep hill, having missed the edge of the narrow trail. She wasn't hurt, surprisingly, but as she began clearing her blurred vision and peering out from behind her bangs she noticed she was in deep underbrush. She looked up but couldn't see the trail where Fragment was undoubtedly looking down for her. The branches above her through which she just fell were too thick and she was bathed in darkness. It took a moment for her eyes to adjust, but when they did she was met with a shock - movement nearby that seemed predatory in nature. Worried, she called out "Fragment! Are you up there?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:07 am
"We can go adventuring another day" Neve called back, hoping the wind would carry her words to the stallion as she wheeled on the wing. She couldn't think of this as an 'adventure' because to her that carried the hint of excitement and wonder. And hunting her mother down was neither of those things.

She turned again, and flew onwards towards Rockslide Falls. They would have to land a short distance from the area itself and walk the rest of the way, it was not easy to fly there and she wanted to get there in one piece. Eventually the rocky edifices that made up the area came into view, and she could feel the wind becoming harder to fly already. She motioned to Aramis and then groundwards and started her own controlled descent, landing a short time after, and waited for him to join her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------<@

"Well, you don't need to be able to fly to do that if you really wanted to join me." Fragment said, a happy thought that was indeed, thinking of spending much more time with this lovely mare.
"I run to raise my ground stamina as well, for any occasion when it's not advisable to fly."

Which described the Falls. His lighter frame would certainly not be able to withstand the sharper of gusts if they did travel too high but he hoped to have enough adventure without them getting into danger. They carried on for a time, and whilst he was looking ahead for anything that might stick out as a sign of something to be wary of, he at first missed that Rocksteady was no longer with him. He lost a few moments to blaming himself for not keeping an eye on the mare and that it would be his fault if anything happened to her, but soon snapped out of it and backtracked slowly, checking the ground to see where her hoofprints veered off from their path.

---------------------------------------------------------------------->>

Izusa didn't often find her meals fall into her lap, but apparently she had been a very good Kalona today and the spirits had provided. She had been wedged up in an old, going to rotten tree, resting between two branches, her tendrilled tail moving around like a restless snake. She had been half dozing when the mare had taken her tumble, and landed rather noisily not far from where Izusa was hidden. The sound had stirred her and then the shouting had made her move. If there was another about she would need to be swift.

She dropped as quietly as she could from the tree, circling around between tree and brush, and called out softly from a spot a short distance from the unicorn.

"A little trip, a little fall. Did you get hurt my dear? Is there blood.." she moved forwards, sniffing the air for her favourite scent.

"No blood. Such a shame." she crooned a little, showing her fang teeth.
"Still, I know a way to fix that. Rips and tears and cuts. It will flow so sweetly."

Fatal Irony
Okie doke ^_~
Please let me know how far Izusa can go, if she can just be a menace or if she can actually physically touch your Soqs

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:15 am
CitrusCupcake
She can hurt them! Not anything life-threatening, of course. But Aramis is a healer and Rocksteady could probably muster a little healing energy if she tried XD So they can take a beating

User Image

He could hear the seriousness in her voice and sighed a little, hoping with the wind blasting them both in the face she wouldn't notice. It was a somber trip, and he tried to get himself into the correct mindset for the mission at hand. His practiced discipline took over and he began expertly scouring the area below them for trouble. He adjusted as the two of them descended, trying to avoid the dangerous gravity disruptions that sometimes occurred around mountains. It was a clear day so there were no lenticular clouds to tip them off to such dangerous air. He forgot about those particular problems when the wind hit him full on, causing him to careen a bit off course. He righted himself and continued, landing near Neve. "That was exciting," he said brightly, smiling at her in an attempt at continued levity. His face faded back into seriousness. "Did you see anything from up there?"

User Image

Her blood froze in her veins as the voice called out from the shadows. She was in trouble, she knew it. Her mother had often warned her about the dangers of the world, not that Rocksteady had heeded any of it. She was beginning to regret that now, as she found herself quite alone with the predatory mare. As the kalona emerged and bared her fangs Rocksteady took an involuntary step back, realizing the mistake as she bumped into the side of the near-vertical slope down which she had tumbled. "Fragment!" She didn't need to worry about begin quiet, since the danger was literally staring her down. "Fragment down here, there's a kalona!" She didn't want him following her without knowing what was happening.

She hadn't taken her eyes off of the kalona as she called up, not wanting to make it too easy on her to do the things she was already promising. "You'll be the one bleeding if you come any closer," Rocksteady said, glaring down the kalona. She knew the threat to be hallow - when had she ever fought anyone? Her puny horn wasn't very intimidating, and she lacked any real skills. Still, she hoped her determined attitude would be enough to keep the mare away from her as she waited for the help fo ehr stallion companion. She edged sideways, trying to clear the back of her so she wasn't pressed against the terrain and cornered.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:02 pm
There was something. She'd caught it as she had been landing, a gust of wind had blasted straight into her face, catching her off guard as she had landed. Not because it had buffeted her, by then she had all four hooves on the ground and so it just made her wobble a little but because it carried the scent of something familiar. Someone very familiar. Izusa. Her mother had definately been here, and recently.

"Not see. But she's been here. Her scent is on the air." she murmured, shivering a little, telling herself it was the stiff winds that was causing it, but she knew it was that her mother was nearby.

"This way I think.."she said, spending a few moments to sniff around, seeking out the strongest and newest hint of her mother that she could find. She also found a few stripped bones from some unknown animal at one point, which caused her mouth to set in a line, and she walked onwards, heading towards an area thick with trees and other foliage.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------<@

Fragment found the place where Rocksteady had left the path, stopping as he did so. He called the mare's name, and then went quiet, listening. The surroundings absorbed sound somewhat but he caught her shouting for him, and he slid down the same hill that she had fallen, hoping that she was okay as he did so. His descent was hard and at one point he launched himself, taking to the wing and shrinking at the same time as it would be swifter. At the bottom he landed, his blood running cold as he saw the mare that was advancing on Rocksteady.

"Leave her alone!" he shouted, concentrating again, landing and reverting to his larger size. He pushed himself forwards, placing himself in between the kalona and Rocksteady. His heart was thudding, this was his first real test of all his training and he hoped he was ready. All he knew was that he would protect Rocksteady, long enough for her to get away if he couldn't beat this menacing mare.

---------------------------------------------------------------->>

"How nice. You have some fight to you. It won't do you any good, it just means you're slightly more amusing than I thought you were previously." Izusa smirked.

She tilted her head slightly as she heard another approach.
"Oh lovely. Two meals, no waiting."
Her tail flicked along the ground, the tendrils twitching as she did so. She watched as the flutter male appeared and then landed, changing his size.

"My heart! It's your knight on pretty wings. Whatever will I do?" she swept one of her wings across her brow and then laughed behind the wing membrane, before shooting a look of venom at them both.

"This." she said again, replying her own question as in one movement the wing flew back, she twisted and swept her tail around and hooked it around one of Fragment's front legs, pulling his leg forward in a painful fashion, the spines digging into his flesh as she pulled backwards with the wrapped tail. As he started to fall forwards, she bought her wings into play, sweeping them forward and slapping him on either side of his head, trying to stun him.

Fatal Irony
Okie doke ^_^
Rocksteady and Aramis may wound Izusa, she's a tough old crazy XD

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:43 pm
CitrusCupcake

User Image

He saw the visible change in her. She was trembling, and his heart went out to her. In reflex, he reached out and caressed her with his wings, offering his support in this trying time. He breathed in, scenting the kalona himself. It was interesting. The smell was similar to Neve, but different. It was somehow harsher, more tinged in blood. He looked to Neve's directions and followed, keeping his head on a swivel to look for any sign of trouble, glancing backwards every now and again to keep an eye to their rear. The scent was becoming stronger; he knew they were getting closer.

His adrenaline was up, his heart was beating in his ears, but he breathed deeply to keep it under control. He seemed to see with intensified precision, noticing every bend in the branches, every imperfection of the leaves. His hearing was nearly preternatural with its heightened awareness. Not that he needed it to be particularly great to note the cries for help coming from the direction they were headed. His eyes widened and he looked frantically to Neve, trying to signal her without making noise. He quickened his pace, folding his large wings close against his body and making as little noise as possible as he stealthily dashed through the growth until he came close to the sounds that had lead him there.

He saw flashes of color through the trees and heard the fear in the mare's voice, but it wasn't until he caught sight of the kalona that his blood ran cold. She was vicious looking with murder in her eyes as she sneered at the hapless mare who had somehow cornered herself before the dangerous other mare. It appeared as though she had fallen from above, and had her back pressed against a nearly-sheer cliff face that had her trapped. Aramis and Neve had happened up the scene from the side, clearly seeing both mares before them through the leaves but remaining hidden themselves. Luckily they were downwind. He looked to Neve to see if there was some plan of handling this situation. It was clearly her mother before them, and she had yet to spot them. He moved to position himself behind the kalona, facing the poor mare that was in trouble. He hesitated in attacking, however. He was poised and ready, his muscles tensed and ready to spring at a moment's notice. Yet this was Neve's mother before them, he could tell by her scent. This was a much less straightforward situation than his normal encounters with malicious soquili and he wanted to handle it properly for the sake of his companion.

"Should we attack?" He mouthed to Neve, raising a brow. Before she could reply another soquili slid down the hill and joined the first mare and he looked questioningly to Neve again.

User Image

She felt somewhat better as Fragment joined her, though that was also tinged with worry for the smaller stallion. What were they going to do against this threat? Sure he trained hard, but realistically what was going to happen? She thought about telling him to fly away, but she bit back that thought, knowing he would refuse such a suggestion. Instead she squared her shoulders and bore down on the kalona, tilting her head down to ready her horn, should she need to charge the dangerous creature.

"We aren't here for amusement. This is your last chance. Leave peacefully or we'll take you down." Her voice didn't waiver at all, to her credit. It did no good, however, as the kalona attacked and dragged Fragment from his feet. She started for him, then changed direction and ran at the kalona instead, bending her neck to attack with her horn. It may be small, but it was still sharp and dangerous enough. Especially if she slashed with it, which was her plan of attack. She aimed at her wings, which were flying around as she pummeled Fragment, presumably in an attempt to knock him out. Rocksteady took heart at that, figuring the mare must find them at least a bit of a threat to be trying to take the stallion out of the game swiftly.

Rocksteady wasn't about to allow that, however. She slashed wildly with her horn before darting off, trying to avoid the tail and wings of the beastly creature. The mare had never been in battle before and her heart was pounding loudly in her ears, almost deafening her. She wasn't aware of anything but the threat before her and the mad desire to save Fragment and herself from harm. As she darted around, diving in and jumping away in a frenzy of horn and hooves, she was getting whipped across the face and chest by tree limbs and leaves and thorns, and was quickly bloodied by her own actions. She felt none of it, however, and was only dimly aware that she was bleeding.

"We have to work together," she called to Fragment, hoping he was still aware enough to hear her. If they could just circle the beast, they could maybe get her to leave them alone, if not beat her outright. She didn't think the later scenerio particularly possible, however. She bit her lip in worry as she tried to take her bearings of the battle and see if Fragment was still ok. If was then that she noticed the stranger watching the activity. "Hey! Help!" She called out, hoping it wasn't an accomplice to the kalona. Hope spread through her chest. Were they saved?

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff