Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:52 pm
Quote:
“Dearest Odette Cygnet,
I hope that my mail finds you well. I have been quite busy since the Queen’s last military expedition in the swamp, but I so dearly wish to see you again and have not heard hide nor hair of you. A dear skating queen has informed me recently that for your public appearances it would be beneficial for us to meet, as well. It is hard to manage the public eye nowadays, what with many changes made after the newest media development that has seemed to put the ashes before the bird. I’ve been following your dance troupe and have become aware of the Scouting opportunities in your area, and simply must snap you up. Shall we meet to discuss your new identity as an acting talent under myself? I simply must meet you – it certainly feels as though this is life or death. I'll be in touch.

With great sincerity,
Aandes LaMode”

The winds whipped across the sparkling ground of Chittentown. The day after an uncharacteristically hard rainfall lead to a thick crust on the surface soon uprooted by a sandstorm. Chunks of sand varying in size whisked across the ground like ping pong balls, dissolving into grains and becoming swept away in waves of bitter gales. The foreboding weather set upon a sleepy sector of the city which was often dusted by frequent storms. Today, thick slabs of sand buffeted the outsides of the buildings and ripped through the flimsiest of awnings. Wooden signs weathered the storm, slapping violently back and forth like the slickfronds on a frantic scuttlebuggy. There were few brave enough to trudge into the choking sands this night. Some stores had closed up for the day, while others boasted cool and protective spaces for others to flee. The darkness overhead from clouds and the thick sand was enough to keep most residents locked up tight in the illuminated haven of their hives. In other words, it was the perfect weather for a secret meeting between traitors.

Aandes sat in the corner seat of a quiet bar, taking occasional sips of a steaming cider beverage. The interior of the cozy retreat was made lonely – the lights occasionally flickered in distress, the sounds entirely coming from the rustling of the outside flurries. Other than the greenblood, a tiny smattering of lowbloods crowded around their beverages, humming and mumbling to eachother in quiet solidarity. It was a locally run diner, lowblood run traditionally with very little military interest. A hole in the wall (had the original Hole in the Wall restaurant not been utterly destroyed by gunfire), it was a little known staple in the most community oriented neighborhoods of Chittentown. The Mudhole. A fitting name for tonight. The greenblood looked out the window to no avail – they were practically caked with murky sand. He adjusted his scarf. Aandes had dressed for the occasion with sand and cream tones. Nothing anyone would recognize him by, with the only show of hemotyping being the stripe in his hair, which he kept relatively covered with a headscarf while traversing the dangerous landscape on his travels.

It occurred to him now that it might be difficult for any troll to find him… But perhaps it was better safe than sorry. Besides. Vremea Everai supposedly lived in the area, Rasali had reported. Odette should know the layout of the city at least somewhat. He took another sip and hummed to himself, feeling a tightness in the pit of his stomach.

Kimbley Kitty
Only Kimbley Kitty and Sypon may post in this RP. Please quote the mule when you are finished with the growth!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:48 pm
Odette unbuckled her shawl, shaking it off outside the bar. Finding the place had been easy enough— while she wasn't familiar with the specific location, she had been to Chittentown enough to know where the seedy bars would be. Getting there was slightly more complicated. Thankfully she had been able to scrounge together a disguise, making travel a little less intimidating. Still, she took to traveling by air, a tiring but much, much safer process. By the time she had arrived in Chittentown, however, she was positively exhausted. She kept her cool, though, making sure not to sweat through the makeup covering her natural blush.

Clicking her cape back on, she entered the bar, moving soft and trying to avoid too much attention. The click of her heels on the tile was the only sound that escaped, and though she expected it would make some heads turn up, it certainly wouldn't warrant suspicion. She didn't spend much time looking around the place, keeping her walk steady. She wasn't expecting anything fancy, as much as she craved to have a nicer meal. All she wanted now to see was that specific flash of green, and when she saw him at the corner of the bar, she couldn't help but give a soft sigh of relief. As much as she wanted to quicken her pace, she continued a steady walk towards him, stopping finally at the seat next to him.

She leaned over the stool, tilting her head coyly. "Hey stranger," She joked, glancing down and fluttering her eyelashes at the mint blood, pressing her lips into a small smile. She was ready enough to play this game of personalities with Aandes, perhaps a little too ready, she thought. She ran a nervous hand through the side of her new, short hair, trying to keep her cool.

Now that she was actually here before him, she could feel her bloodpusher beating with excitement. The drama, the action, the tension! As scary as everything was, Odette couldn't help but feel more thrilled than afraid. So she watched Aandes with bated breath, smiling and waiting for him to make his move.

Sypon

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:27 pm
((Just to confirm, you’re welcome to RP Odette as grown as of now! Thank you very much for being so patient these past months.))

So she had arrived. Aandes followed the stranger from above his drink, trying his damndest not to appear tense with the cup clutched in a vicegrip below his sniffnode. With a nearly untraceable flicker of his finger he beckoned her over, but she’d already taken a step in his direction. Her subtlety could be improved somewhat, but her presence made up for it in spades.

Aandes removed himself from his chair with a fond grin. The game was fitting in. Shady dealings were quiet and obscure. Reunions with friends were warm. On a day such as this there was a somber air, and playing a demure role was appropriate in the atmosphere. Perfect for two actors playing their parts – and carrying out schemes. “My dear,” Aandes announced. He drew close and gave Odette a kiss on either cheek, then stepped back to allow her to sit. “I’m so glad you found the place. Couldn’t have asked for better weather.”

He winked, a twinkle in his eye denoting the playfulness of his jest. It was the least he could do to still his nerves. Aandes returned to his chair with a slight bobbing motion and rested his arms on the tabletop. “Would you like to order something? There’s a bit of sand in everything, so I recommend something with spices or additional texture. But first…”

Aandes spoke lightly as his hand weaved down into his pocket. An envelope found its way into his cupped palm, and he took Odette’s hands in his and carefully passed it into her grasp with casual sleight of hand. “I’ve got something for you. Happy Wriggling Day, old friend.”  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:24 pm
Interacting with Aandes hardly felt fake to Odette. Despite the conditions of their surroundings and situations, this very much felt like how things were meant to be for her. Polite, friendly, warm, it was everything she wanted. And at the same time, a bitterness stirred in her, reminding her that it was just a game, and a dangerous one too.

She took her seat, crossing her legs over. Much taller now, it took a moment to adjust to sit comfortably in the seat. Propping an elbow up on the bar, she rested her head on her fingers and turned casually towards Aandes.

"It would be rude not to order, wouldn't it?" She answered, smiling with pursed lips. "What you're having looks wonderful." She added, gesturing to Aandes' cider with a delicate hand. Truth be told, she wasn't incredibly picky. She had spent enough time in Chittentown to get used to the sandy taste at this point. But she trusted Aandes' intuition, and she wanted him to know that, too.

Odette did her best not to appear too surprised at Aandes' "wriggling day" gift, though a bit of surprise seemed appropriate in either case. Regardless, she was very aware that the contents of the envelope were probably more precious than a simple card.

"You shouldn't have, really," Odette jested, taking the envelope and holding it in her lap. "It just serves as another reminder to how old I'm getting," she chuckled, but with a twinge of genuineness to her tone.

"But I could never reject a gift from you, dear," she elaborated, turning the envelope over in her hands. Gingerly, she held it by the sides, almost tucking a finger under the crease. "Should I—?" Odette asked, turning her head up at Aandes, waiting his instruction.

Sypon

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:37 pm
"Go ahead and open it. I'll get you a drink." Aandes gave her a wink and excused himself. He nearly disappeared in the dim lighting of the establishment.

While Aandes conferred with the bar-matron, the contents of the letter would reveal themselves. Foremostly: Identification. A small plastic card with Odette's image and wriggling information were typed clearly and professionally - identifying her as significantly younger than she was. Her rebellious teen phase prior to her other teen phase was to be concealed. It was a blemish free identification that looked quite average. Next were papers - a few official documents noting living situations (some totally falsified). Finally, a tightly folded up series of pamphlets and one gold-edged certificate. The Civisect Rehabilitation Center had issued a declaration of sponsorship to Aandes LaMode, in order to correct the behavior of one Odette Cygnet.

When Aandes returned, he held a steamy cup of hot cider in one hand. The rest of the patrons in the bar appeared to have gone, as though he had orchestrated their removal. And perhaps he did. His smile was broader and more self-assured, his snaggletooth exposed. "I hope you like it. It's a bit of a coupon, so I hope you'll take it up."

He sat down and slid her beverage toward her. "Go ahead and have a sip and I'll tell you all about it if you'd like." His eyes darted back and forth. "I'll be brief."

Kimbley Kitty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:01 am
Odette was surprised. She had assumed the contents were important, yet Aandes was having her open the letter here, before all of these other trolls. Though confused, she proceeded to open the letter with a careful hand, using her nails to avoid damaging the contents.

It seemed her one assumption was correct, she realized, taking out the contents of the letter, piece by piece. It was absolutely amazing, the work that went into all of it. It seemed very obvious to her that Aandes knew what he was doing, securing documents that she would not have even thought of being an issue.

He had taken up the task of recreating her identity, but for what reason? The royalists knew her identity, what was the point of taking off a few sweeps? Surely, it would be easier for her to simply take on a new alias, wouldn't it?

It was all so confusing.

Then of course, there were the rehab documents. Things were starting to become clear, though she wasn't sure if she liked it. Aandes wasn't insinuating that she completely drop her cause for fame, was he? There were people relying on her now, grubs and kids who needed to be protected. And she was only considering this path under Byakko's instructions, too. Aandes was smart enough to know that, right?

There was more to this story. A scheme of sorts. Something that she couldn't fathom at the moment, but the greenblood would make clear to her.

When Odette finally picked her head up from the documents, she was shocked to find that the bar had emptied out in the meantime. A small smile returned to her face. Of course. She almost felt silly for putting on such a show before, playing an act to no one in particular. Organizing the letter's materials in her hands, she tracked Aandes over as he approached her seat.

"You've certainly done your work," Odette commended, taking a sip from her drink. She glanced down at the paperwork, and back to Aandes' eyes. "I hope it's not to rude to ask, but why? Surely you have other clients with simpler needs, why get wrapped up with me?" She asked. It was key for her to understand Aandes' motives here, but she also genuinely wanted to know. She knew the greenblood saw a glimmer of talent in her, but was it really worth all the effort?

Sypon
:3

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:58 pm
Aandes folded his hands on the table, demeanor hardening by the moment. “Of course not – that’s actually a fine question, and there are plenty of reasons why I’m so invested in you. I’m going to be frank.” And frankness, for Aandes, was incredibly dangerous. This was the second life-changing commitment he’d made in his young life.

“I consider myself to be permanently engaged to Rasali, my kismesis. While I frown upon her means, methods and affiliations and in doing so ensure her safety, I respect the cause that your Initiative promotes. Not to be rude myself, but if I wasn’t previously doing the tango with the rebellion I wouldn’t take this kind of risk. However, there are other reasons. I’m a well of ambition, and as much as I intend to improve and promote myself on this planet I have realized that I shouldn’t be the face of showbiz.”

The troll smiled and took a sip of his cider, finishing it off. He gestured to Odette fondly. “I don’t know if you recall Bloodfest, but that silly little event gave me the striking realization that you’re incredibly resilient, no matter what life throws at you. You’ve made it this far after all, and based upon that small show of media attention you ended up a gold star winner – so really you’ve also shown you’re unbelievably marketable. I, on the other hand, should fade into the background. I shift too much to present as a single sparkling entity on the screen, but you’ve got a clear shot to victory. You just need a single direction and you can bust into the big time. And frankly, darling, no one else has interested me nearly as much as you have.”

Aandes cleared his throat and put up his hand. “Your career benefits both you and me, and your organization, tremendously. You are, at your very core, unbelievably pitiable. You have a unique situation in that the rebellion has by all accounts faded as a threat – and has become more of a ghost story, or novelty. We can use this to take the focus off of the Initiative, and perhaps even create a false idea in the public eye of who might be involved in the group. Building you up as an innocent victim of the rebellion’s corruption will appease the Crown, clear your name and give us acute control over how the public perceives your particular movement. It will also allow you fame, fortune and any luxury you desire – as well as greatly expand my business. You seem to be a threat in fashion, acting and dancing – not to mention your powers and history. Very brandable. And we can easily craft alibis for you whenever you need to do work for the rebellion – you’ll certainly have connections and funds to funnel into improve whatever… infrastructure you have in the swamp.”

Breathing out, the troll laced his hands together and swallowed the lump in his throat. “This is a risk, but if we play it right we’ll be on a level neither of us could have ever imagined. What do you say?”

Kimbley Kitty

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 5:25 pm
Aandes' explanation was complex, almost too complicated for Odette considering her current nerves. Rasali was a component she had never considered, not fully aware of the extent of the two greenbloods' relationship. But his apparent loyalty was continuing to win over Odette's favor, even more than the praises he proceeded to shower her with.

He made it very clear that he believed in her, that his plans situated them both on the cusp of greatness. Greatness for her wasn't some hollow joy, either. She'd be perfectly capable of manipulating her success into guaranteeing a future for the rebellion at large.

For a moment she felt a hint of maturity, a stronger sense of responsibility than she normally felt with the other rebels, despite her high rank. She knew her position of power wasn't just a face, that she had her own job within the ranks of the rebellion, but she always felt that she wasn't pulling as much weight as she could.

If what Aandes was planning were to work, well she'd have just about everything her childish heart desired. Adoration, respect, worth. She'd mean something to the team and she'd even make something of herself while doing it.

Clearing her throat, she turned her attention back to Aandes, moving her whole body to face him. She leaned in slightly, making eye contact with the greenblood. "I'm all in," she answered, giving her official word. "What do you need me to do?" She asked, the look on her face assuring her seriousness.

Sypon

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 5:37 pm
Aandes breathed out in restrained relief and grinned dryly. A new customer entered the establishment with the faint jingling of the door’s bell. The service staff slowly faded back into view, and with new faces around them Aandes straightened and adjusted himself, taking his time by finishing off his beverage. “Great. I’m so glad to hear that.”

He pulled forward and took her hands in his, lowering his voice now that there were others in view. “I’ve set myself up as your sponsor at the rehab center, so you shouldn’t be under heavy government surveillance while I’m around. Once you get established that will go away. You’ll need to enroll in the center and complete the course. And importantly, we’ll need to rewrite some of your history. My plans are to make you into a redeemed starlet – unfortunately, this means we’ll have to pin the blame of your fall from grace on someone. Just follow my lead, and things will unfold, darling. Now…”

He rose from his chair and gestured to the service staff. “Our meal is paid for. I can accompany you to the station and we can talk more outside. There’s plenty of nitty and gritty out there.” He explained, knowing full well the storm would obscure their faces and words. He slid a small cream and chocolate business card across the table. Written on the back was: “memorize and destroy”. Aandes’ address and personal contact hub. He gestured for her arm to depart.

Kimbley Kitty

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:47 pm
Odette nodded occasionally, keeping up with Aandes as best as she could. It was all a bit overwhelming, despite all of Aandes' measures. She had a sip of her drink, which had been hardly touched as she talked with the greenblood.

She let out a deep breath, exhaling slowly. There was a lot to piece together, but she knew she was more than capable, and especially with help. Try what she may, the full scope of the situation was having a hard time settling in her thinkpan. She wasn't sure what to feel.

Worry was certainly a factor, but that was an ever-present feeling for Odette. No, the strangest inkling was something like... happiness? She twiddled her fingers. The idea of responsibility brought her joy, thinking of the good she could do for the rebellion with this. But there was the selfish joy, too, of becoming something important.

A well-known name. A starlet. She smiled. Would her lusus be proud of her? Yes. Odette was certain of it. There wasn't a shadow of doubt in her mind.

She followed Aandes almost mechanically, grand thoughts fading away as she took his business card and grasped his arm softly. "I'll follow your lead," Odette said, smiling fondly at her knew agent.

Sypon

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas