Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:20 am
AstoriaFallen

User Image

The lion wasn't entirely sure of how long he had been out here now... The moment that his pride had effectively collapsed around him hadn't been a pleasant one. He had watched as the king and queen, heck, the entire royal family had been murdered and a new 'king' had risen to power. More worryingly he had brought the 'low' born with him and risen them beyond that which the gods had granted them at birth. All this change had come about abruptly and violently, so much so that he hadn't felt safe in his home any longer and had fled as a result.

Had it been cowardly? In some ways, yes... He had left his friends and family to their fate, but at the same time, it had been impossible for him to tell if anyone other than he had been unhappy with the transition. He was but one lion and to attempt to prevent such a coup would have been suicide, but he still didn't feel any better about the entire situation.

He had been forced out of his home and now he was in a world he barely understood. Even after all this time the rogue lands were still foreign to him, and right now he could only count his blessings that he had managed to find a watering hole that looked reasonably safe and peaceful!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:29 pm
Epine de Rose
Man this boy is so pretty. And reading your downfall of the royal family made so much more sense than when I read it in the key notes from the meta hahaha.

Areo was feeling rather unmotivated to do just about anything else besides lounge around in the shade. However, you could only do SO much while laying down and after a quick cat nap and some pawing of some insects he had decided he was going to go get some water.

He stood up and shook himself of the dust that had settled on his pelt and he padded over to where he knew was some water. Maybe there would also be some potential food around. If not, he wasn't sweating it.

It wasn't long before he came into view of the watering hole and he spotted a brown lion with pale markings and he smiled. Someone to talk to! Finally. His boredom would be no more.

He approached at a pace in which he was fairly certain wouldn't startle the male and he smiled as he got within speaking distance and walked to a part of the water that was not to far away, but close enough to speak. "Hello stranger. What brings you over this way?" He was rather close to the pridelands, but the male could very well be lost. He figured he'd ask anyway. He dipped his mouth to the water and lapped it up graciously.

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:00 pm
AstoriaFallen
Yeah from what I can remember it was a coup, Shang assassinated the royal family and took their place. Rose his loyal low born followers to a much higher 'guardian' rank and anyone who disagreed... Yeah, Cruithne noped out of there real fast. <_<

Although I'm not sure what's happened since then, I'd need to ask Mouse as she's really good at explaining it.

"Oh I don't know," Cruithne responded in a conversational tone, heaving a sigh as he turned his gaze towards the approaching black male. Cowardly he might have been for fleeing his home, but it seemed that the approach of a stranger didn't really startle him. "Circumstance, I suppose?" he finished after a moments consideration and gave a hapless shrug. In all honesty he didn't know why he was here, it had just sort of happened...

"It seemed like a nice place," he remarked and offered a sheepish smile. "And I figured I'd stay near a place where I knew I wouldn't starve to death rather than heading in uh..." he paused and glanced about him as if trying to get his bearings. At one point he had come very close to the desert, but now that he had time to think about it, he wasn't entirely sure of where that desert was now.

"Uh..." he repeated and scrunched up his nose in confusion. "Well I was going to point in whatever direction the mountains of sand were but I appear to have forgotten where that is," he confessed. "I'd have probably died out there."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:53 am
Epine de Rose
Have you considered throwing him back into the pride since The king fell? Just curious lol.

Letting out a light 'oh' type sigh he gave a small nod of his head. He wasn't one to pry too deep unless he really wanted to share with him.

The area wasn't terrible, though he wouldn't say it was the creme de la creme of locations, it was still alright though. "That's always a smart decision." Especially if he was going to be travelling for a great deal of time.

"Perhaps I could assist you? I've spent a great deal of time travelling out here recently and I could guide you if you wanted help." He offered to him. If he declined he'd understand. "I'm Areoiris."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:23 pm
"Well I'm a bit green out here so it was for the best," Cruithne's smile was a weak one but it was there, even he could find humour in things despite the circumstances he might have found himself in!

"Circumstance doesn't make me completely stupid, fortunately," he pointed out and then shook his head. He took a quick moment to glance around his immediate area before returning his attention to the surprisingly helpful lion. If he encountered enough strangers like this then he might actually be okay; this was more of a reassurance to him than Areo would probably ever realise.

"My name is Cruithne," he said at last and cleared his throat. "I don't suppose you can give me directions, maybe tips on where to head next? I'm sure this won't last me forever but I'm not entirely sure what I should be looking for as my next move to be honest..."

AstoriaFallen
He's back, but still very wary. He's elected to make his final choice in a while, it all depends on the new Queen making substantial changes that he likes haha.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:40 pm
Epine de Rose

He gave a nod, he had been uncertain once in his life as well. It was most certain the other male would learn in time the ways of the rogue lands. One just really had to be smart, which he seemed to be.

"Well, circumstance has also brought you to me. I can either show you the way somewhere, or I can even take you to a place that might be suitable for a time?" He offered, he was quite alright with doing either. He had plenty of time on his paws so he really wasn't in a rush to get rid of the poor guy. Plus he did want to know that he got somewhere safe.

It would be terrible if he found out later he had starved or died in some awful way. "It's nice to meet you Cruithne, despite the circumstance. What are you wanting to look for in particular?" He was hoping the male had a sort of idea of where he wanted to go.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:58 pm
Did he really know what he was looking for? Quite honestly, he didn't...

Areo had opened a can of worms and Cruithne wasn't sure how he should answer it. He had no overall goals, no end game, all in all he was simply wandering about in search of inspiration until such times when things made sense again. Nevertheless, he did afford a few moments to think about it and it was in this time that he fell silent, though he still kept his gaze on the black lion.

"Right now," he said at last and took a deep breath. "Maybe just point me in a direction that won't get me killed," he confessed. "I can hunt, and source things fairly well," he remarked and then shook his head. "But what I don't have is an awareness of where is safe, and where isn't," he grimaced. "I would prefer that I don't end up a slave, or dead," he pointed out.

"Honestly I'd go for dead, rather than a slave if I had a preference... but preferably neither if you happen to know a path."

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:56 pm
Epine de Rose

"I can definitely do that for you." He took a moment to gather his surroundings so he could recall the best place. "Well, if you go that direction it'll take you to some rather friendly prides and there is a nice forested spot before reaching there were you can find food and water."

He looked about and motioned in a nother direction. "There is that way as well but it's a longer distance before you find a spot for shelter and food."

He could understand the males position and hoped that any information he gave him would at least leave him with some form of comfort that he'd be safe.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:59 am
Areo had provided him with more than enough information - truth be told, Cruithne had no great desire to wander in a particular direction that even risked being barren for a brief period of time. He was still learning to be self sufficient and the greater distance would place more pressure on him than he needed at the moment. Thusly, it seemed appropriate that he move towards the regions that he was most likely to find food, shelter and pleasant faces first.

...Once he was slightly better at being on his own, he'd strike out elsewhere.

It was for this reason that he nodded slowly and took the details into account, filing them away for use. He didn't need to know exactly who lay in that direction, assurances that they were welcoming would be enough to go on. If they asked, he'd simply advise them that another friendly face had come to his aid and ensured he went in a direction where he wouldn't be harmed!

"That's more than enough help," Cruithne sounded truly grateful, though still a touch tired and cleared his throat. "I'll head in the direction of the more friendly faces and work from there, you have my thanks," he added.

"For now though, perhaps you would like to rest your own legs... We can both move on when we've gathered our heads," he suggested with a wry smile; it seemed he didn't have anything further to say for now...but it was clear he had other things on his mind.

AstoriaFallen
One more post from you possibly to finish it off?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:18 pm
Epine de Rose
Fin! smile

Pleased that he had been a small help to the male he found himself suddenly aware of his body's needs and graciously accepted the males offer to rest with him for a time. "Now that you mention it, some rest would be good. I feel as though I'm starting to realize I'm not a young male anymore." Giving a hearty chuckle he spotted a rather nice looking spot not too far away and motioned for the male to join him in the shade.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas