It had been quite a long time since Janja had returned to the pack’s lands, and she returned toting three children. Her stomach was still sagging from their recent weaning. The litter was small, probably due to her travels and how often she had forgotten to eat when she was travelling, but she was home now.

Or at least, close to home. It was difficult keeping three rambunctious cubs close to her, especially on her travels. She made it though, coming up to the edge of the pack lands. “Mother,” she heard a voice greet her. Who else could it be besides Koka. The one child that stuck with her throughout her life. She gave her child a small smile, brushing forward. She nudged against the soft orange fur of her daughter.

"I've missed you, Koka," She told her daughter sincerely. "It has been a long road. Come help me with your new siblings, and I'll tell you of my journey." Janja could feel her daughter tense at the worse, but she moved forward, looking down at the three bouncing cubs. They were all black and orange and they looked... Interesting, to say the least.

Koka didn't say anything though, as she picked up on of the girls between her teeth, bringing her along with her. She saw her mother pick up one of the others, leaving the bright orange youngling to follow them. Fortunately, the trail from here was quite easy, just a winding path that brought them further inland.

Koka brought her mother over to the dens, her own in fact, as it was deeper and able to accommodate any future children she may have had. Janja had found the smallest den for herself when she first joined the pack. She claimed she would not need to have space. She would be travelling! She was her own dog, and she wanted to see the world.

She had been done having kids. Janja wondered what had happened to that plan, but she only could watch as she set her half-sibling down and helped her mother settle in the best that she could. "Are you okay, mother?" She asked gently as she nudged her mother into her own bed of furs.

Her mother looked exhausted. She hated that her mother looked so tired, as if her life had been drained from her. Janja smiled at her though. "I thought I'd be back before the pregnancy was in full swing. It took me by surprise," the brown and orange female claimed. "It feels like it happened faster than before."

It hadn't though, the pregnancy was normal for the most part. She couldn't understand why she felt that way though. She hadn't showed for a long time. She hadn't even known she was pregnant until she had fall in step with a travelling band of nomadic dogs who had taken her in long enough for her children to be born.

She hadn't been kicked out, of course. They guarded her until the pups were weaned, and they brought her pretty close to the lands. They weren't far away even now. She wondered if they would meet with the leader. The leader of the nomads was nice enough, and had even talked to her personally.

"There was a dog, about half-way into my journey - black as night and as charming as anything," Janja laughed. "And then we spent the night together," Janja gave a small whine, but moved along. "There may be a visitor soon, from the pack I travelled with. They were very helpful, Koka," Janja told her daughter.

So far, Koka had stayed silent, but she smiled at her mother at the end of her speech.

"Maybe you can get them in and talk to us," Koka told her mother. "Are you staying for a while this time?" Though Janja frowned. She wasn't used to staying still anymore. She wanted to run and be free, but her actions had consequences. She had brought more life in the world, even as she claimed she would never have children again.

She didn't regret it though.

"I'm not sure how long I will stay," she told her daughter honestly. "But I will try to raise them the best I can. I would never thrust them upon you, Koka." Janja frowned. Even if she left again, she would likely take her children with her. They could be raised rogues as she had been. It wasn't a bad life, but there was more security and safety in a pack.

It would be up to them, though. Her children had a right to direct their own lives. They would travel again when they were adults, after all, if they stayed within the pack. She didn't want to take the culture of the pack away from them. She could hear Koka sigh, though, and she looked back up at her daughter.

"Mother, the cubs, they won't be a burden or anything. I just want you to be happy, alright?" Her mother had gone through a hard break up with her father. She was so in love with him, and he just left. It broke her heart, and she knew that her mother was hardly healed from that. Janja smiled back at her daughter.

"I know, but I want you to be happy, too." Janja gave a small breathy laugh, pressing her forehead against her daughter's. "I'll stay for a while. I have to report any findings to the Mzegazega anyhow. Then I'll see about getting myself a bigger den." Koka smile, nuzzling her mother gently before pulling back.

"You should probably sleep. You look exhausted, and I don't want you to fall asleep while you're telling your tail to officials," Koka noted. She stretched. "My shift is done in the morning, properly, so feel free to stay here over night. I'll talk to the other guards about prime dens for children while you're taking your nap," Koka stood and walked to the mouth of the den. "Goodnight, Mom," she told the other.

"Goodnight," Janja returned the words to her daughter before stretching out and readying herself for sleep. She had responsibility again, and it was time to stop acting like a petty pup having a tantrum. Tomorrow, everything would fall into place, but for now, she slept.