Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:17 pm
User Image

The flight back from the Pridelands had been a long and hard one for the small, mostly white bird, but his little wings had faithfully carried him back. There was nothing to report to the Emperor beside that the away-team had arrived safely and had begun training the Pridelands' soldiers, but that had been the first thing he had done when he had arrived in the Tianxia. That wasn't why he was back North though. Oooh no, Tie Shi had a message, rather a few that he wanted relaying back to some tan lioness in the North house.

"What a vague description to go on..." Coo-Ku mumbled to himself as he glided over the higher terrain of the North, looking for whatever lioness could possibly match the description given to him. By the time the little bird had even made it into the North's territory, nightfall had already come and now his search was all that much more difficult. Being paired with a Falconer really did bite some times.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A dull growl escaped Lingchen's throat as she clawed at a tree trunk. Deep gashes, new and old, were barely visible with the moon's soft glow this evening, but the lioness wasn't quite ready to quit. It had been a couple weeks since she had been stood up, and though the immediate fires of her anger had quieted, she still felt a bit torn up about it. No word, nothing, for so long. It only proved to her that every possible hint of anything was all in her head; a foolish girl's dream. So she had thrown herself into training, and knew that she was just a step away from officially becoming a soldier.

That'd teach him. She wanted to see the look on his face when he returned to find her climbing the ranks without his help. Hmph.

"Ah, I should probably stop now," she said with a tired sigh, pulling herself away from the tree trunk. She knew that if she pushed herself harder she'd find herself with a nagging muscle strain, which would mean a pause in training.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:54 pm
There was a lioness down there, but she looked black. Was she brown and the lack of light was playing a trick on him? Tucking his wings in, Coo-Ku let himself fall, spreading them only in time to slow his descent and land on a branch of a nearby tree. The little white bird hopped slightly towards the edge of the branch as he leaned down to look at her easier. She was definitely brown, but how dark...he couldn't really tell in this lighting.

"Hey! You don't happen to know a Lingchen do you?" He asked, the red headcrest fanning as he spoke the name of the lioness he was looking for.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:06 pm
"Hmmm?" Lingchen hadn't anticipated anyone being around (as foolish as that would be), but she certainly hadn't expected to hear her name being asked for. She wasn't that important, at least not yet.

"That is me." Her first thought was that the Duke was looking for her. But why? She deserved no special treatment, though she appreciated his help in getting her training started. She found more thrill in guardsmanship than she ever found while hunting.

"Is there something I can help you with?" she asked the bird. The poor thing looked a bit tired, and she was surprised that it wasn't asleep at this very moment!

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:14 pm
Coo-Ku's feathers fluffed as he scrunched down only to fix them before straightening up to appear much more formal. "Yes, I have a message for you that demands your utmost attention." It was late, she could easily just brush him off and tell him to come in the morning, but by the crack of the sun he needed to be come and heading back towards the Pridelands. Without giving her too much time to shoo him away, he continued speaking.

"Captain Tie Shi sends the following message to you..." Clearing his throat, Coo-Ku clicked his beak before beginning to recall the captain's words with the utmost accuracy. "I hope this message finds you well, Lingchen. I apologize for being unable to make out match, but I hope Duke Shan was able to explain to the best of his abilities the need for the haste in my departure. End first message."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:39 pm
W-what? Tie Shi sent her a message? She felt an absolute wave of emotions crash into her as she sat down on her rump with a thud. It was difficult to pull herself out of her mind long enough to actually listen to the message that the avian was delivering her.

She swallowed hard, giving herself a small breath to balance herself. "Thank you for the message." She knew that her voice didn't sound perfectly like herself, but at least she was able to say something. So he cared enough to send her an apology? Sure, it was late (really late), but at least he bothered to make sure that some sort of word got back to her. She had no idea when he would be coming home, which was half the reason she drove herself to be her best once he did. She'd give him the spar of his life, damnit!

"First message? I assume he has one for the Duke as well. Sounds like him, with what the Duke has told of me." She was still feeling lightheaded, but thumped her tail on the ground regardless in an attempt at humor.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:58 pm
"The Duke? No, I don't have any messages for him." Coo-Ku shook his head in a rather matter-of-factly manner, oblivious to her attempt of humor.

"The second message is as follows," Another click of his beak, "Now that formalities are out of the way, how is your training going? At least I think you're training now. You are, right? We were going to spar and you were thinking about becoming a guard. I only realized now that I'm here how much I miss boar. I think I've been spoiled. Insert laughter. I'm sorry for not getting a message to you sooner, but we've been on the road since I left and only arrived a few days ago." The words were much more casual than how Thrain usually spoke, which was odd enough but he was casual enough around Rumi, granted the small bird's voice couldn't convey the awkwardness Thrain had endured when trying to tell all of this to Coo-Ku.

The falconer's bird hopped a little bit, bobbing its head before saying. "End second message."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:51 pm
Thankfully it seemed like the bird was here only on business, and didn't seem to take notice to anything other than that business. Rumi felt her cheeks flush as the second message was much more relaxed, and more...personal than the first one. It touched her deeply, and made her wonder if maybe she wasn't imagining things.

"Um, uh...thank you for the message," Rumi stuttered, her cheeks still feeling warm. "Is it possible to have a short message sent back to him? I can offer you a payment of some sort, I believe." She hoped she could. She wanted to send him something back other than silence, but she didn't know this avian or who he worked with. She was hardly in a position to make assumptions.

But gods, he sent her a message! It was hard to get that thought out of her mind, and made her heart drum in her ears.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:31 pm
"The last message is simply, 'I can't wait to be home.'." Coo-Ku relayed the final message that had been given to him by Thrain before spreading his wings and glided down onto the ground in front of her. "Of course, that's my job after all." He said, puffing with pride. Some seed or even a bit of fruit or nut would be more than enough payment, though a ride to the North's aviary for at least a little rest before heading back to the Pridelands wouldn't be bad either.

At least he had a good memory so actually remembering all of the things he needed to say was easy enough, though there was a lot of repetition in his head during those long flights.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:57 pm
This bird was going to make her heart burst. It wasn't fair.

"Just tell him that my training is going very well, and that I wait patiently for his return. He owes me a spar." She wanted to say more, so much more, but it wasn't her place to. She wanted to challenge him more openly, but now he was a superior officer, and she wasn't going to talk so casually (through a bird, anyway) to him about wanting to knock him flat on his a** when he got back. Or that she couldn't wait for him to come home so she could see if there really was something between them. She met him once and yet he always filled her mind. Was it the same for him?

"Also, just...tell him to be safe. I'm sure he'll enjoy himself there." She smiled softly, hoping that her own message back wouldn't be too awkward for him to hear.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:44 pm
Coo-Ku chirped in acknowledgement as he replayed her message in his head a few times. "Message received. I'll relay it to Captain Tie Shi upon my return to the Pridelands. Until then...can you carry me to the aviary? My wings are tired and I'm hungry." The little bird was certainly blunt as it puffed itself and flew the short ways from the ground onto Rumi's back. Settling down into the lioness' fur, he chirped softly, happily even. It was nice to be home, even if it was only for a little while.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:06 pm
A light laugh escaped Rumi's throat as the poor bird nestled onto her back. "Of course. I'm sure you deserve a good long rest. Thank you for your hard work." She turned to carry him to the aviary, and then herself to bed. Hopefully she would sleep tonight, but she had a feeling her heart wouldn't let these messages go too easily...  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas