Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Dying to Know (Lucky + Quinn + Mimsy) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Molten Tigrex

Shameless Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:06 pm
"You're uh - you're sure you can reverse it, right?" Lucky asked Mimsy for probably the tenth time since he'd arrived at her house, and maybe the twentieth since he'd called her.

Quinn had been adamant about total secrecy, and Lucky couldn't exactly fault him for paranoia. So here they were, in the basement of the Morris household, the farthest place from prying eyes and security cameras. Even Mimsy hadn't even asked questions about the 'experiment'. The quantifiable measurements he'd read up on were of no comfort when he was lying on a cold steel counter, preparing to experience it firsthand. He scratched at a very specific spot on his forearm in nervousness, one that Quinn would probably disapprove of him drawing so much attention to.

"Hey, Quinn," he called to the hunter in the broken-down gurney next to him, "Maybe I should be supervising with Mimsy instead --"

nothing yet

lilwolfpard
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:29 pm
He felt bad for the secrecy, but in the end he also rather his life than a scythe to the face. Though his life was a bit moot at this point, with Lucky's suggestion and all. He had to admit, Mimsy's enthusiasm for the idea was a bit comforting, and yet a little not. Was she happy because she felt confident she could do this, or happy to have two lives on the line?

He didn't have the nerve to ask.

Quinn hoped Lucky was still as confident as he was earlier, but from the look in his eyes and his words that was not the case. "No." He managed to mutter back, narrowing his eyes in an attempt to not look as panicked as he felt. His voice lacked the confidence he hoped he appeared, unfortunately. "Mimsy knows what she is doing." He reallllyyy hoped. Otherwise they would become a statistic in the 'dumbest experiments ever' list somewhere.

nothing yet
Molten Tigrex

Lilwolfpard

Magical Unicorn

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:29 pm
It was not often that someone - two someones - outright requested a death at her hands. There had been occasions where such a thing was implied, certainly, but not like this. Not in a circumstance where it was allowed. This easily fell outside of what was categorized as murder, which Mimsy still considered to be against the rules, and the potential gravity of the experiment itself seemed to imply that it would quite possibly grant some very impressive knowledge that might give them a much-needed advantage.

Refraining from questioning the nature of this experiment was incredibly difficult, and it felt at times that it might burst out in the form of a thousand inquiries at once, but she managed to contain it. Her readiness to accept a part in this undertaking, however, was instantaneous. This could have had something to do with some perceived wrongdoing that was stirring the embers of some sort of grudge, or it might not have. But it probably did.

She'd shed her apron and changed into her sturdiest lab coat, and began to braid her hair tightly behind her, all while explaining to Peter that 'mommy is going to do a fun experiment with Uncle Lucky and our friend Quinn and they're going to die for a little bit but then they will be alive again congratulations!' By now she had learned the sort of voice that one should use when attempting to incite excitement, so this idea delighted him into squealing and hand clapping.

Everything about this was undeniably professional.

That included her appearance, which was as mad scientist as it could be, with her white coat and long rubber gloves and prescription goggles in place of her glasses. The only sincerely responsible detail was that Robert was nearby in case a true medical emergency did happen to occur.

As she finished setting everything up, she did her best to keep an eye on them. This was the case for everyone she allowed into their home, but there was an added agenda this time, should observation yield any clues; Lucky seemed to be fidgeting with one point in particular, and Quinn radiated nervousness, which was to be expected. But it didn't take any extra effort to overhear their conversation, so she was unsubtle with her interjection.

"No, no," she echoed, affectionately patting Lucky's cheek. "Quinn is absolutely correct. I am confident in my abilities. I am in Life division, after all."

The emphasis was very obviously deliberate.

"However, should I fail to reverse this, I am equally confident in Robert's expertise from his infirmary work." She smiled, which might have been pleasant, had she not been holding what appeared to be a modified runic dagger in each hand. The first was pressed flat against her brother's chest, tilted just enough for the pointed tip to introduce itself, so to speak. "I promise that there is no one else more trustworthy than I am with your heart."

One might argue that this was a very strange thing to say before stabbing someone in that aforementioned heart (or near enough to it), but that was what happened nonetheless. She made quick work of repeating the process on Quinn, not stopping to offer any reassurances, before hurriedly setting to work on monitoring charges and vitals and any indications of change whatsoever. This was her element, and that feeling of familiarity was so pleasant that a soft, near-constant giggling emerged unimpeded as she worked, though there was no other indication that she was anything but calm and collected.

Molten Tigrex
Lilwolfpard
Zoobey
PRESENTS 4 U DEATH SENPAI

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:58 pm
Unfortunately, Quinn and Lucky did not get to see a room involving the exact thing they were waiting for. What they saw instead, was Mimsy.

She was there, and so was the room they were in-

- And so were their bodies. It seemed Mimsy had not noticed at all that she had made a strange sort of happy accident; everything seemed duller, more blurred, as if sifting through the room in a thick fog.

They might have made a small miscalculation, or several.

AstaraeI

Lilwolfpard

Nothing Yet
At this point Quinn and Lucky are "unconscious", with their hearts stopped. She cannot see their uh, very incorporeal forms

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Molten Tigrex

Shameless Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:37 pm
A cold prickling feeling traveled down Lucky's spine at Mimsy's insinuation, and all thoughts of arguing with Quinn were momentarily on hold. Of course she'd never let that one go. Maybe this was a bad time to be letting her brandish a knife and stab him in the h--

"Ah!" Lucky yelled instinctively as the thousand volts of runic electricity finally felt like they had dissipated from his system. He sat up immediately, trying to blink away the fog but finding it very persistent. "Ugh. Well, I think something is definitely fried and it's not my heart. Why are we using barrier daggers again?"

He lightly pushed himself off the countertop, still trying to blink away the blurriness.

"Quinn, you stay there, I'm going to check that those things are actually... calibrated..." It was at that point he had turned around, and noticed Mimsy was ignoring him entirely in favor of checking Quinn's vitals. The other death hunter did look rather fitting of his division now, completely unmoving on the gurney. It was a little bit creepy, actually. "Oh. Uh. Well. Good luck, Quinn..."

"I think Quinn's, uh, data will be enough. For this experiment. Hey, uh, Mimsy? You don't have to pretend I'm not here, it's not like I'm -" Mimsy, still completely unresponsive to him, had moved on from Quinn to the next dead body lying on the counter. But the counter should have been empty. He was looking down at his own body. "Oh my god."

"Oh, no. I think I'm going to be sick," he groaned, taking a few completely silent steps back, until he was standing neatly in the middle of a completely solid model of a monstrous skull. He didn't even get the luxury of seeing a ghostly body. When he looked down, and when he held out his hands, there was nothing. It was both surreal and extremely disconcerting for someone as corporeal as he tended to be. "Can I even be sick if I'm dead? Urgh, that's a yes. Quinn, what happened to your damn restaurant??"

Not that he expected Quinn to answer him. He was thinking aloud at this point, the only thing he could do to delay finding a way to faint without a body.

lilwolfpard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:00 pm
It was a damn good thing he had asked Mimsy to strap his wrists down before they started this. After the experience of watching Lucky being stabbed in the heart he REALLY was having second thoughts, struggling and watching Mimsy with something close to dread-

Only it was too late.

Quinn also made a involuntary noise as the dagger struck home, sending thousands of volts of electricity from the tiny thing straight into him.

"GAH!" He squeaked out finally, also sitting up rather abruptly. Looking a bit frantic he looked around- noticing that Mimsy was fiddling with something to his side while Lucky laid silent and un-moving on his gurney. He might have come to a similar conclusion as lucky had too originally, if he wasn't weirded out by the fact he was also hearing lucky's voice, only it sounded like it was coming from Above lucky... and his mouth wasn't moving. That was around the time he realized he was sitting up, wrists free. Not only did he look down and not have a body, he saw his fleshy remains below him. "Aw, crud, Lucky are you here too?" He whispered, even though something told him no one but lucky right now would be able to hear him.

"Crap crap, this wasn't supposed to happen like this!" Now he just sounded frustrated, standing up felt weird like this but somehow he managed. "Last time this happened the smell of garlic nearly assaulted me as i woke." He started to pace - not noticing for a little while that said pacing meant going through his own gurney and a few other objects. "I can't see you, by the way, can you see me?" Were they just floating voices?

molten tigrex

Lilwolfpard

Magical Unicorn

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:39 pm
Though she was entirely oblivious to any miscalculations, Mimsy had frankly not expected this to go quite as intended. Unless this was somehow far simpler than she perceived it to be, their chances were likely stacked statistically against success. If it was successful, that would be wonderful, of course - and if it didn't...well. This was the nature of excluding variables. That would be a valuable lesson for them, with little effort and lots of enjoyment on her part.

And, speaking of...

Both were registering as unconscious but not critical in any immediately concerning way, 'safely' suspended as she waited for them to accomplish whatever they hoped to accomplish. They had both willingly placed their lives in her hands, which included this particular period of time that allowed her such freedom with their physical forms. After checking once again to ensure that they were as all right as they could be, she immediately shifted her course and moved to see what Lucky had been scratching at.

An hourglass. She frowned, gently poked at it with one thickly-gloved finger, and determined that it seemed to have some permanence. A tattoo? When had he gotten a new tattoo? Her eyes narrowed and her lips pressed themselves into a thin line, curiosity dragging her towards Quinn.

Who, she discovered upon similar inspection, had an hourglass too.

"What did you do?" she slowly inquired of Lucky's motionless form, slowly releasing Quinn's arm again.

Molten Tigrex
Lilwolfpard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:44 pm
The room was paler now, with the exception of dark shapes around them. It was difficult to make out if the shapes were actual existing Hunters, or something else.

There was someone however, blatantly watching them from what looked like the exit of the room, though it was impossible to tell if it was exit or wall, the concept of space itself seemed to bend and borrow a little bit when one was quite dead.

The figure, a rather small one, almost like a child, looked solemnly at Quinn and Lucky with entirely missing eyes and pointed left.

Molten Tigrex

Lilwolfpard

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Molten Tigrex

Shameless Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:23 pm
"Quinn? Oh, no. You can't be here - you were at least supposed to - to - we had those marks, I thought -" It was probably easy for Quinn to tune out most of what Lucky was ranting about - just repeatedly stating how much failure they were currently experiencing. He didn't take the failure well when his own life was on the line. "- and now we are looking at our own dead bodies -"

Nothing Quinn said was of any reassurance.

"Well, it's not here! We are nowhere." Lucky continued to pace and gesture with missing limbs. He still felt like he was there, but it was like everything had gone translucent, and foggy. The longer they spent like this, the less real everything else around them seemed to be. Just the vague, dark shapes of what he could have told himself were real, living hunters... if they hadn't done this experiment so far away from them all. "And no, I can't see you, or me, unless that's you over - uh - hm -"

He got closer. What he thought might be Quinn's ghostly body turned out to be a girl with no eyes beckoning them beyond the room.

"Oh, we've got company. Hey, Quinn! Look! Maybe we're not the first people to electrocute ourselves into this stupid ghost purgatory! I feel better already." The sarcasm was more corporeal than Lucky was right now. Never mind that this had been his idea all along - the fact that it had not gone according to plan was definitely all Quinn's fault. Lucky noted the way she pointed beyond the room, and by extension the safety of waiting around their corpses for a chance to get back in. They were already dead, and disembodied... and they'd wake up alive at any moment, in theory... It would be a waste to come all this way to another plane of existence and not at least look around.

"Well, it can't get much worse than this, can it? We are already dead. Let's just see what she wants to show us. Over, uh, there."

Lucky attempted to move in the general direction of 'left', through what should probably have been a functional wall.

zoobey

lilwolfpard

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:29 pm
- And he did tune Lucky out, Sorry bro. Quinn was currently more focused inwardly, thinking a LITTLE TOO HARD as to why the heck this didn't work. They did it exactly as it happened in the field, the heart attack is what went him to the garlic room... right? Their plan should have worked, Mimsy sure as hell had a fun time stabbing them - He looked down at his body again, hoping they werent...bleeding to death.

Mimsy wouldn't just let them die, right?

That not-so-comfortable thought in mind brought Quinn back to the present, Lucky calling him towards the corner of the room where - "holy geez that's not creepy at all." He added onto Lucky sarcasm, not pleased at all to be stuck here himself. "If we are stuck in this form we might as well see what the kid finds so interesting... Maybe it's a way back." Why the way back was further from their bodies he was unsure, but hey it was a working theory better than just hanging around, literally. Quinn had a slight urge to question the child but...a look into those eyes and he thought better. Instead he also went in the same direction the kid was pointing in.

He had to admit, he really wanted to get away from his 'body' and the weird eyeless child for now, it was freaking him out.

zoobey
molten Tigrex

Lilwolfpard

Magical Unicorn

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:20 pm
Upon staring closer at the shadows, if it could be called staring when one was incorporeal, the sensation being much closer to sensing an approximation of what was happening, the figure took the form of a small girl. She was wearing a tidy dress with an apron and seemed to be gesturing urgently to them, always a few steps ahead as they traversed to the general direction of left. It was impossible at this point to tell if they were still on Deus as everything had become cloudy and muddled, a strange blackness permeating.

Both of them would feel a sudden sense of urgency, as if being talked to but not quite. "Hurry," it whispered, "You don't have much time left."

They walls were getting darker and darker now, leaking into the grey, and then the floor around them took the form of a table.

On the table was a sword, and they sensed that too as seeing as almost impossible now.

Lilwolfpard

Molten Tigrex

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:15 pm
It was a good thing they did not have physical bodies, because quinn right now would have been making a dumb face as he looked at the girl they followed. Curiously, he thought she seemed familiar... that was when he remembered - Wonderland. "Hey Lucky." The words sounded no different than normal, just two ghosts and a little girl walking here clearly. "Is that who i think it is?" Lucky went to wonderland too - hopefully he would also know it was Alice.

Quinn might have wanted to confirm he was seeing the same thing Lucky was, though. It was creepy not knowing the other hunter was there too. He hoped he was....

The sense of urgency was alarming, reminding him of the last time he was within a area such as this one. Death had told him there was no time, was this it? The rooms grew darker as they continued, in time he stopped seeing anything and yet he sensed which direction to go in. Even stranger, they seemed to be standing on a table now. But how could he know that? All he could see was darkness. "Lucky please tell me you are there and..... " Even curiouser, there was... something in the darkness. His eyes still failing him, Quinn could not even use touch to find it. His senses dulled he felt the first signs of panic set in. He could not see, Smell, touch, taste.... the only sense available to him was sound. "Lucky do you see the sword."

zoobey
molten tigrex

Lilwolfpard

Magical Unicorn

Molten Tigrex

Shameless Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:07 pm
As they floated farther from their bodies, Lucky felt his senses blurring together. Sight, sound, feeling, all essentially the same thing here. Just pure intuition. Everything was starting to go worrying dark, and filled him with a wordless uneasiness. He moved a little faster.

The flickering feeling of another presence was strangely... familiar. He'd seen her before several times - in Wonderland, and after. He knew what Quinn was getting at, and the name was impossible not to say when speaking was the only way he could confirm he was still there. "Is that -- Alice?"

They were so far beyond anything remotely resembling a real place. Just grey in all directions, dark grey. It was no place at all, and it was a table, and they were in front of what felt like a sword. They had no means of interacting with it though, blind and ethereal as they were.

"Feels like it, yeah." The spectre of Lucky radiated confusion and hesitation toward Quinn in a mixture of word and feeling. He shifted around the location of the sword, as if waiting for something to happen. "So, uh. Does this mean anything to you? Can you... pick it up?"

zoobey

lilwolfpard

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:42 pm
"....we don't have bodies, how can we pick things up?" Then again they also didn't have brains, so how were they thinking?

Or eyes for seeing...Mouths for talking....

Oh what the hell he thought REALLY HARD about touching the thing. Maybe this was like peter pan, if you believed it was possible...why not?

zoobey
molten tigrex

Lilwolfpard

Magical Unicorn

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:58 pm
The sword hummed, and it was a buzzing noise that shook everything as the black, grey, everything began to shake, blue-white crystals sprouting all directions until -

- "You just had to didn't you?" In a room was a familiar voice and they did not sound that impressed by what had just happened. Everyone had a visual form now, it was a little skewed, more majestic than they normally looked, and they now stood in a brilliant banquet hall of blazing gold and white. "You just had to," the voice repeated.

Immediately, in a seat next to the banquet hall, a figure in black materialized, but instead of wearing his usual suit he was wearing suit with armour on top of it. He didn't look all too impressed by it, and the more time progressed, the more of his black suit began to turn gold and white. "And now I'm stuck here."

He gazed at Quinn and Lucky, both who were beginning to sprout fantastical armour plated over their arms legs, chest, head, whatever opening it could find. The food around them burst into life, wild and exotic, fresh fruits and game of all varieties.

He did not eat any. "Well, I hope your journey was exciting because you are stuck with me for a very, very, long time."

Lilwolfpard

Molten Tigrex

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas