Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[1x1] Hit with the Hammer [Clyde/Shu] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:28 am
Clyde was just drifting, watching other people spar. It was exciting, watching other people spar, and seeing all the different kinds of weapons, but being new, Clyde still wasn't full comfortable sparing yet. Though the only mission he had been on was with that insanity thing, he had defended the whole time and that didn't count as a fight really. That whole situation was just weird and creepy.

He had learned this whole place is just weird. Not at all like the rest of the world. It was exciting but also confusing. The rules were really tight, almost suffocating. But he would adapt. that's just what you did in a new situation. Besides he had gotten what he was promised, the opportunity to see a new world.

Still it might be better to be a little more prepared before being assigned the bigger stuff. He just, lurked in the area for now, observing.

meegane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:13 am
On the training fields where the wooden dummies located, a petite figure had been wielding her hammer. Recent virus outbreak had proved she wasn't good enough in her battle skills, she needed to be more familiar with her weapon. As a result, on the bright sunny day, in a tank top, shorts and a pair of long stockings, she dressed conveniently and went to the fields to carry out a training session of her own.

<Don't let the thread entangled> The beast reminded, seeing the chaotic swinging. The sphere traveled a big round and wrapped around the dummy. <See. Your movement is too big, use the head to target> Shu tugged the sphere back and hit it with the hammer head, the sphere shot towards the dummy. <Try again, don't stop until you break this one. Remember to hit on the red spot or it's no use>

The petite Asian sweated under the hot weather, the shaft of the hammer became slippery. With one last blow, the dummy finally bent and broke but something wasn't right. The hand supposed to grab the hammer was empty, she snapped backward and saw the hammer swirled around. "Watch out!" She yelled while running to hopefully catch it before causing trouble. Z, you should make yourself a bit heavier. <Nonsense. You can't wield me as easy as you now if I do so, silly.>

phantompanther13

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:35 pm
Clyde was half observing Shu, half observing the others when a hiss alerted him to danger. Suddenly there was a hammer coming right at him. Clyde flailed and dodged to the side hitting the deck. Quickly he turned himself around and crab walked away just a bit.

Good reflexes were good. Not getting hit was always nice. Clyde just laughed it off, still on the floor. "I know you are in death but how about not killing your fellow hunters." he teased, not that concerned. It wouldn't have killed him anyway with the fear shield.

Vanessa was less impressed.

Meegane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:35 pm
Chasing after the hammer and barely managed to catch it with a hop, Shu panted while resting it against the ground. "H-Hello Clyde....you probably just get a painful hit, won't die......forgot to wear my gloves...slippery -but I'm glad you dodged." Her words were intermittent and disorganized, but still understandable through some analyses.

Shu then had her head inclined oddly in a considerable magnitude from the left, grimacing. A while later, she sighed and waved her hand to dismiss something. "How are you, Clyde? Sparring with someone?" She finally beamed at the hunter.

phantompanther13

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:21 am
"Not gonna like I'd rather over react than get hit." he stood and brushed himself off. "Don't worry about it. I was just down here observing for now. I wasn't expecting to get much training in myself yet." he gave her a grin. He wasn't bothered by the near miss. Vanessa was grumbling in the back of his mind saying the ghoul should be more careful, leaving Clyde to wonder what ghoul she was talking about. But he saved it as a question for later.

He assumed she was talking to her weapon from the way she tilted her head. "Nope I'm not currently sparing. And I'm doing pretty good. I have food to eat every day, and a bed to sleep in. I call that success." though he was slowly starting to get stir crazy but that was another matter.

Meegane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:28 am
Indeed the beast was howling like thunders and lightnings inside Shu's mind, he called her a klutz for her carelessness but ended his reprimand with a "Agile catch though". "Oh-" she replied Clyde with a weak hint of disappointment, "C-Chillaxing! Glad to hear that you're doing well and accustomed to the new life so quickly." She smiled, happy for the male hunter finding his way of deal-with-it.

The small droplets of sweats still attached on her nose and forehead, above her lips and along the neck. One won't find it hard to figure out she had been there for at least an hour. After resting a bit, she grabbed the hammer and held with her hands, without intention to desummon it.

Shu didn't forget the arrangement they had - for a spar when she was fully recovered. However, she had no idea to tell whether Clyde remember it. Since she already sweated, she wondered if she can make the hunter to spar with her. He did say he wasn't finding someone to do so, but maybe she could convince him? The petite Asian contemplated, fingers wriggled on the long thin shaft of her weapon.

"You won't know when you need to fight, so it's better you prepare yourself by familiarizing your own weapon. That's a caring advice from your senior." She said with confidence and a smug smile, eyes twinkled with shrewd sparkles. "So will you be my spar partner? I might not be the strongest, but I'm not weak either."

phantompanther13

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
phantompanther13 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:24 am
"I'm like a geko. I adapt." he stuck out his tongue and then chuckled. She looked tired while he... he hadn't been doing much at all. How long had she been working out out here? A while he gathered, it seemed that being here somehow strengthened them. So he doubted she was nearly as weak as her tiny frame looked.

Especially after seeing her swing around that hammer. So he had to guess she had been here a while.

An amused look crossed his face. "Oh you want to kill me on purpose now?" he clearly didn't think she actually meant to kill him. "Alright, I shall take you up on your offer. Though I honestly don't know how well I'll fair against a hammer. I think Vanessa is more built for long range."

Van let out a hiss that he couldn't fully discern. Did she agree? Did she think otherwise? He couldn't tell but he could feel an unwinding feeling and a restlessness as if she reared a head back to strike. "Van says she will take you on." he translated before pulling out his tape measure. he pulled it open and let her split in two, falling into place in both hands.

Meegane
rolling initiative.

Meegane rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:19 am
Her eyes opened widely at the misunderstanding, she'd known it was a joke but the moment she heard that, her body reacted faster than she could think carefully. Head shaking, she gave the hunter a small smile knowing he accepted the request for a spar. "It will be a good experience for you then! How will you thank me for that?" Shu took the advantage to tease him back. It was what she learned from the time on the island.

"Van? That's a nice name. Is that her name?" The girl changed her relaxed position into defending posture when they walked towards an empty area for them. "Wow a measuring tape!" Her voice almost resembled a screech and the eyes pinned on the pair of guns appeared in Clyde's hands.

She moved the hands along the shaft, "As you can see, my weapon is a hammer and he called - I call him Z anyway." She dismissed the idea to introduce the full name of the beast, after knowing Chinese might be difficult in westerners' viewpoint. "You can go first." The petite huntress didn't change her pose but asked Clyde to attack first, beaming brightly.

phantompanther13
You first~

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
phantompanther13 rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 8 Total: 16 (2-16)

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:06 pm
"Her name is Vanessa. I just call her van sometimes, I guess. She doesn't mind." Clyde shrugged a bit. It was just a nick name, and the one that stuck. He had van in his head 24/7 for a while now. It was getting comfortable. Though he still felt odd about it at time, they seemed very compatible. though Van was probably compatible with everyone.

"Z huh? Nice to meet you Z." he gave the hammer a friendly wave. He wasn't sure how it all worked but he acknowledged the presence with Shu.

"Oh well if you insist Shu." he smiled at her and then launched into an attack. he had no plans on letting her hit him with that hammer and hopped a full on assault would help. He fired shot after shot at her, pepper spraying her with little energy stakes that dissipating after hitting. No one in particular would hurt bad on it's own, but there were a lot of them.

HP: 40/40
Damage: 10

Meegane
Clyde don't hold back.

Meegane rolled 2 10-sided dice: 1, 10 Total: 11 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:50 am
"Ah....Vanessa, Van." She repeated after Clyde's words, memorizing the name of the a new weapon. Shu treated every weapon she had met as an individual soul, some hunters might think they're simply sentiment tools, but she thought otherwise. They meant partners or even friends to her, from the fact that they were once a living entity. The beast however, not too happy to be called that name.

Having a year of experience accumulated also implied the huntress won't freak out like she initially do. Shu swirled the hammer to create a temporary shield to block the energy stakes, her fear shield took the damage but she was pretty much unharmed. All her actions showed it wasn't the first time she encountered gun type. "I would be grateful if you don't hold back." The petite Asian lunged forward and swung her hammer, aiming Clyde's abdomen. Z howled low in her mind, wanted to snap more fear to satisfy his hunger.

HP: 40/ 50
DMG: 5
Charge: 1/3

phantompanther13
bless your luck =v=

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
phantompanther13 rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 2 Total: 10 (2-16)

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:28 pm
"I won't." She might be small but she was was competent. And that hammer smacked him hard. Clyde tried to step back and shot off more bullets at her, keeping his assault strong.

His blood started pumping and a grin spread over his face. This was fun and Vanessa was having fun too; she was telling him exactly where to go and where to place the shots. Clyde was confident that it felt like a paint ball fight to Shu. So he didn't hold back an inch. And while the hammer hurt, the pain wasn't so bad thanks to Vanessa's protection.

HP: 35/40
Damage: 4
Charge: 2/3

Meegane
Clyde apparently kicks butt for a baby hunter.

Meegane rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 4 Total: 10 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:00 am
She ran and dodged around like a bunny scurrying, not all the energy stakes landed on her shield, but some scratched across her skin surface because of the speed. The petite huntress, however wasn't wasting her energy purposeless. Even the bullets shot at her like arrows, she managed to evade most of them and knocked down the rest she couldn't.

<No worries, the shield is still good.> The beast reminded Shu, he was saying in a delightful and excited voice, clicking his tongue and digging his claws. <Now, our turn.> She nodded in a very small magnitude and then jumped forward to land her hammer for a strong blow, targeting his shield instead of his body. If weapon's natural form was visible in human eyes, they might see a saber-toothed giant beast pressed his paw against Clyde, cracking a wry grin.

HP: 36/ 50
DMG: 4
Charge: 2/3

phantompanther13
Not Shu's butt okay :/

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
phantompanther13 rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 8 Total: 11 (2-16)

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:41 am
Clyde was a little confused when her next hit didn't exactly hit him. He saw the indentation in the air around him. Strange...

Van's feeling of alarm mad him double think what Shu had done. Was she after his shield? She wasn't hurting Van was she?

Clyde twisted away and tried to dance around her aiming for her back. One of the shots flew a little lower.

HP: 31/40
Damage: 5
Charge: 3/3

Meegane
I'm sorry, I all heard was shoot Shu in the butt.

Meegane rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 9 Total: 14 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:56 am
For hunters sparred with the petite huntress would choose to keep a certain distance from her unless they were speedy enough to get into her blind spot of defense. Unfortunately, it was the first time Clyde saw her weapon, thus a mistake was created even though he had good reflex and battle instincts. The hammer was literally a hammer, but she also mentioned that it was based on the design of a Kendama, he missed that part.

That was why when he slid to Shu's back and thought she couldn't react fast enough, the sphere thrust at him like a cannon ball, nail on the head from aside while she stood still to let the remaining stakes scratch her and be the pivot for the sphere to swing smoothly.

<Not bad.>

It would be a tail swishing action if the hammer was the beast.

HP: 31/ 50
DMG: 8

phantompanther13
I think she doesn't like you targeting her butt.

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
phantompanther13 rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 4 Total: 10 (2-16)

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:25 pm
Clyde never saw the ball coming. For some reason he had thought she was a shorter ranged fighter. He quickly learned otherwise when the ball hit him in the stomach.

He fell back rolled and popped back up again, keeping the firing up on her as he shot another bullet her way.

"Dang that's hurts." Thankfully Vanessa was protecting him. That could have broken bones, he knew it should have but it did not. "Nice hit."

Vanessa was less impressed but also rearing to fight. He could feel a sensation of protective coils and hear her hissing in the back of his head.

HP: 23/40
Damage: 4

Meegane

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items