Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[1v1] Misties Not Swifties (Momo x Finley) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:30 pm
It was weird.

Momo had found herself out and about on the practice sparring fields way too many times lately. Ok, maybe it wasn't quite so weird. There were some pretty hot looking guys and gals out here sparring. And she could spend all day watching them if she wasn't careful.

But then someone always came along and wanted to spar her, which wasn't so bad she could assume. It gave her a chance at dealing with Kurokoushaku's size and weight against various other types of weapons. Which gave her less time admiring that one hunter over there with the snazzy outfit or that other one with the long purple hair.

As she sat on a bench, she had her head phones one. Tapping her fingers against her thighs as she bounced lightly.

Ephebe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:46 pm
That was some amazing hair, really. Finley was pretty fond of her own hair, wavyness and brown colour and all, but how could that possibly beat turquoise hair? She was sure that if there ever was to be some sort of hair off at Deus, this would be the hair to win it. Well. Not hair off as in actually off, but as in competition-off!

"Your hair is absolutely ace!" she announced, blithely plopping herself down on the bench beside the other hunter. And then once again, when she finally noticed the headphones the other girl was wearing: "YOUR HAIR IS ABSOLUTELY ACE!" Just a tad louder this time. A tad.

Yayoi

Ephebe

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:04 pm
If it weren't for the sudden shift on the bench Momo wouldn't have noticed Finley's arrival at all. Her focus on the music coming from her headphones and on the Hunters out on the training fields was pretty iron clad. But luckily as Finley repeated herself, Momo had pulled out one of the ear buds and caught it.

A wide grin spread across her lips as violet eyes turned their attention to the new arrival. Giving her a quick little look over. Nice.

"Thanks chickie. Your's is pretty rad itself, for a natural color and all." Momo had a lot of pride in her look. It was something she'd spent years cultivating. Sure there were those awkward, experimental years. But for the most part what she had going for her now was something she was pleased with for the time being.

Right, introductions. The Mist was still getting used to this whole thing. It was still odd being in a place where she didn't know the majority of people by name. "Don't think I've seen you around before...." Though she probably should have. "Momo Hayashi." The sound of metal ringing from the training field drew her attention away for just a second. "And you are?"

Ephebe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:27 am
The brunette patted her own hair with a pleased look at the compliment. "Thanks! It takes a bit of work keeping it nice, what with the length and all, but you probably already know that," she said with a glance at the other Hunter's hair.

"Nice to meet you!" Smiling and quite pleased with Momo's friendliness, she relaxed into her seat, idly kicking at the air. "I'm Finley O'Byrne, Mist trainee and only just returned from a longer stint in the Amazon. Which is probably why we haven't seen each other before, because I would definitely remember you!"

Yayoi

Ephebe

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:49 am
Momo chuckled. Giving her long hair a quick brush back over her shoulder. "Sure do. I'm pondering changing the color here sometime though. Not sure to what. Perhaps some sort of ombre thing."

"Ahhh you're a Mistie too, eh? Well then I suspect we'll be seeing each other quite a bit since I am too." Tilting her head slightly, she quirked a slender eyebrow. "Yea, its kind of hard to forget someone like me. I tend to stand out in a crowd. But I'm nothing super special."

Well that would be a good reason as to why Momo hadn't seen her around. "Amazon hm? What's that like? Sounds kind of humid and full of bugs."

Ephebe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:09 pm
"Ombre..." Finley wrinkled her forehead, "that's the gradient thing, right? Hmm.." She cast an evaluating glance at Momo's hair, "maybe a dark purple fading to turquoise? Or reversed, either or."

"Indeed. Mistie buddies!" She nodded, before shaking her head, "being here means you're super special though, doesn't it? I mean, I know we're not super heroes but we're still pretty out there."

Fiddling with her hair and shrugging with one shoulder, "that's pretty much it, to be frank. Well, no, the plant life there was brilliant and the assignment was pretty interesting; seeing how Halloween plants behave in the human world. Although I guess you might have to be interested in plants to think so." She huffed a small laugh, "honestly though, the amenities were shite. This practically paradise compared to the outpost."
Yayoi

Ephebe

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:51 pm
"Yea. Though I also hear pastel grey is in or something to that effect." She fiddled with the cord on her head phones before finally taking them all the way off and stashing them in a coat pocket. "There are a s**t new trends popping up all the time though. Like some people are doing some weird pixeling pattern to their hair. Its...actually kind of neat. Also chevron patterns." Momo could go on and on about hair and fashion all day if she was allowed to. Though it was hard to find others so passionate about it around here. You'd think with all the different people with their own styles and how much time one usually had on their hands it would be a more wide spread topic of conversation.

She laughed with a grin. "We need some sort of secret handshake now." Shrugging lightly. "I suppose. Though its hard to stand out and be special among a whole group of special people."

It didn't surprise her about the amenities. "Seems like HQ tends to be a bit frugal when it comes to those things. I'm sure they could do more they just don't want to put forth the effort. And of course they leave it up to us to do the dirty work."

Ephebe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:17 am
"Pastel grey would be neat too!" She nodded firmly to emphasize her point. She'd never heard a s**t used like that before, though. Like a ton, maybe? Contemplatively, Finley mouthed the words 'a s**t new trends' for a moment before snapping out of it and returning to the conversation at hand; "that does sound pretty interesting! Although maybe a wee bit hard to maintain here? Unless someone's a trained hairdresser. That'd be kind of cool though, our own Hunter hairdresser - I bet they could make a lot on the side, too! Oh, but I don't know how often you'd need to dye it to keep it like that. Maybe it's really not that often?"

Giggling along with Momo's laugh, she waved a hand in the air, "nah, that'd get too hard to remember! And we have our coats, right?" Bringing up the side bit of her own coat to show the mist pattern on it and beaming. "Ah of course, there is that! But there's always specialization, right? That'd set you apart. And your actions are your own, so I'm sure you'll be able to distinguish yourself!"

"Mm, I suppose so. But that's what we're here for." She grinned, no less proud of being a Hunter after eleven months away from the Island. "I don't mind a little dirty work, gotta get your hands dirty if you want to learn the ropes!"

Yayoi

Ephebe

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:07 pm
She dug the toes of her red boots into the dirt, contemplating what Finley had just said. "That....would be a really awesome thing to do in one's spare time." Now she was kind of excited at that prospect. Momo could totally do something like that. "It depends on how fast your hair grows really and how long you feel like letting your roots show. Which is kind of tacky really."

Specialization. Yea. Momo honestly had no clue on specs. She wasn't even out of trainee status so there wasn't much point in it now. "I'm not too worried about it really. I'm pretty happy with where I'm at and who I am at this point and time so wanting to be super duper special baby isn't at the top of my list."

"I suppose you're right. Speaking of dirty work, you wanna spar a bit?" Momo pointed a thumb at the training field. "I could use a bit of a go."

Ephebe
Haha I meant s**t ton oops. >3>

Ephebe rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:45 pm
"It would!" Finley nodded obligingly. "I suppose the equipment might cost you a fair bit to acquire, though. And mm, I suppose so. That's one thing I don't have to worry about, at least!"

Momo's words made her smile as she fiddled idly with her hair, "that's a pretty good place to be in, if you ask me."

But at the mention of a spar, all hair-fiddling was immediately abandoned as she did an enthusiastic (and sudden) fist pump into the air. "Yes!" By the tone of her voice, there were multiple exclamation marks to that statement. "I absolutely do!"

:: Finally we're getting to something a bit interesting, :: Zayde chimed in.

Yayoi
ohhh haha!

Ephebe

Yayoi rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:38 pm
"Once you have the equipment its really only a matter of supplies." Momo laced her fingers together, resting her chin on the tops of her knuckles. "Ohhh I could see it now. They are rebuilding parts of the town on the island....so maybe..." Ah, she shouldn't be day dreaming like this. Momo had given up the singing and guitar playing punk life, but the fashion and the hair and all the trends that swept through kept her titillated.

Nodding, she leaned back on her toes. "Its the perfect place to be."

When Finley agreed to spar Momo hopped off the bench, giving her arms a good stretch over her head. "Alright then! You have to start though, it takes me a second to adjust once I summon my weapon."

Ready when you are.

Ephebe

Ephebe rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 5 Total: 10 (2-16)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:03 am
"Okeydokey!" Getting to her feet, Finley laid a hand on Zayde's slave bracelet and summoned her into weapon form. The two wind and fire wheels rested comfortably in her hands and she gave them a little twirl before focusing back on her sparring partner.

"Well then, without further ado, here I go~!" Tensing and quickly getting into battle form, she leapt at Momo, slashing with both wheels. A quick and nimble landing and then she was back to bouncing on her feet, waiting vigilantly for a counter-attack.

Quote:
HP: 40/40
Damage: 4 dmg
Charges: 1/3

Yayoi

Ephebe

Yayoi rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 1 Total: 7 (2-16)

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:45 pm
Well, she certainly hadn't expected Finley to spring right into action like that. But that would be Momo's mistake. And hopefully the only one.

She shifted her body slightly at the other Hunter's attack, nothing too harmful for a first attack. And at least she had a few seconds to react. As Finley moved away, Momo summoned her heavy serrated back blade. Giving it a sharp, swinging arch in her direction. A warning shot.

Now that she had a second to catch a better, no quite so up close and personal, look at Finely's weapons she had to admit they were pretty neat. "Those are pretty neat. I guess I better be careful letting you get in too close."

Quote:

HP: 36/40
DMG: 2
Charge: 1/3

Ephebe

Ephebe rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 3 Total: 7 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:28 am
Ohhh wow, that was a super cool weapon! Finley ogled for a second, but still managed to dodge the sharp swing the other Hunter threw at her. Well, mostly.

"Thanks!" She beamed, holding up her wheels to show them off better. "I quite like them too; yours is pretty awesome as well though! Very intimidating." Nodding along to her own words, the Mist trainee had almost forgotten they were in the middle of a battle.

Well, that wouldn't do! Attempting to go for Momo's side, she went in for another slash of her weapons.
Quote:
HP: 39/40
Damage: 1
Charges: 2/3

Yayoi
if Momo is a trainee too, then I'm pretty sure she only did 1 dmg, not 2! ouo

Ephebe

Yayoi rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 1 Total: 6 (2-16)

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:57 pm
She grinned. Kurokoushaku was a beast and she was proud of him. Even if he was modest by most standards of just how awesome he was. "His name is Kurokoushaku. My Black Prince."

Momo was ready this time for Finley's next attack, bringing the heavy blade up to block her side the wheels only brushed against her side. She leaned all her weight into her sword to try and knock the other hunter back a few paces.

"So tell me about yourself, Finley."

Shouldn't you be focusing on fighting?

"I can multi-task."

Quote:

HP: 35/40
DMG: 0
Charge: 1/3

Ephebe
Yea I'mma derp lol

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items