[PRP] Butterflies and Rainstorms (Mpeko x Jengo) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Well, you know, it could have been worse. He could have been starving.

*grumble*

Wait, no scratch that. He was starving now, it had just gotten worse.

Jengo was sitting in a nice heap of rocks and his butt was just starting to get sore as he eyed the river in front of him. It wasn't a big river, in fact if it wasn't for the fact that he swore he saw a fish swimming in it earlier, it'd be a stream.

The cheetah wasn't exactly in a good mood. His day had started with him getting awoken by a bee sting and then there was the whole mud puddle situation and now this. The fact that he was starving and didn't even see one fish in the river to catch.

Great, just... Great. No food, his butt hurt and he stunk like a warthog. As far as Jengo was concerned, his day couldn't have gotten any worse then it was right now.

NovaCracker
I almost wrote (Mpeko x Mister Grumpy) as the title. xD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:06 am
CaliWolfe
BEST TITLE THOUGH

Mpeko trot along for a hunt happily, the large, fluffy lioness almost dancing as she moved along with a bright smile, and she almost danced as she moved, smiling cheerfully. It was a lovely day, and she felt the others at the Oasis might enjoy break fast, and the lioness' bouncy step was delighted enough that on some levels she could be said to be dancing.

And maybe she was; Mpeko was smiling as she moved along, humming to herself as she moved until she sighted another, rather lithe figure, and tilted her head, smiling more brightly as she began to trot towards them, quite happily.

"Hello!" She called. "Good morning!"  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:42 am
I guess his day could get worse after all! Jengo wasn't exactly the most... "Social" cheetah to ever exist. He preferred to keep his space from others and in return nobody bothered him. It was a good system, a system that worked for the anti-social grump.

Only now it seemed that system was failing.

"Er. Well, it's morning alright. Wouldn't say it's all that good though." He muttered to himself, unaware that he had actually said all that out loud.

Goodness but that lioness was big. Jengo was unfamiliar with the term "firekin" and had never seen the fiery giants before so to him, Mpeko was just a big girl.

"What do you want?" He asked in a gruff voice. The only reason he could think for someone to approach him was if they wanted something. He had nothing to give to anyone, unless complaints counted, but still. She must have wanted something.

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:28 am
CaliWolfe

"Oh, I'm sorry your morning is bad! Anything I can do to help?" The fluff asked without thought he might've thought outloud. Wide eyes looked worried at him and she leaned to lick his ear worriedly, before pausing.

"Want?" She blinked, and sat, head tilting like an overgrown cub.

"Oh, you just looked like good company! That's all!"

Because love saw no grump, apparently. Even generic, indifferent to everything and purely platonic love for everything love.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:29 am
Good company? Jengo blinked and stared at the cheeky lioness for a moment in a small state of shock. Maybe if she decided that his obvious scowl was actually a smile then Jengo could see how she would mistake him for being good company. Otherwise wasn't it obvious that he was in no mood to play nice? He had been sitting hunched over, his day was horrible and he had told her so and now she was just... Not leaving.

The cheetah sighed, and sighed loudly. "No, if anything your making it worse." Ugh, he was going to get a headache from all the happy energy she was outputting. And did she think if she sat close enough she could infect him with her happiness? Like a disease or something?

"If you want good company, try someone else." He waved his paw in the air. "I'm busy fishing."

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:34 am
CaliWolfe

Aparently, she thought she could infect him with happy, because she sat to stare at the water.

"I can help! I live near water and I have really big paws. I'm sorry your day isn't getting better." Her tail swished - he reminded her of Hana, and so she was now going to do her best to help.

"I'm good at hunting too!"  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:13 pm
"Humph." was his response to her 'apology' for interrupting his day.

Jengo raised an eyebrow. Good at hunting? The fact she had said so very proudly made Jengo wonder... As irritating as this new pest was maybe she'd actually be worth having around, if only for this moment.

He stretched a paw out, pointing to the entire river. "If you think your so good then fine! Go ahead, catch a fish!" His voice had only a mild hint of sarcasm, Jengo didn't know whether to actually believe or not that she'd be able to catch any.

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:17 pm
CaliWolfe

Mpeko beamed, and nodded, watching the water for what seemed a long time before a silver shimmer caught her eye. The female's maw opened, and she dove, falling in with the grace of a drunk gazelle before she peeked from the water with the creature in her mouth, looking contented as she tossed it to him.

"Fishies!"  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:45 pm
A curve of a grin worked it's way onto Jengo's face as he watched Mpeko- rather ungracefully might he add, surge into the water. Yet he had to stop himself from allowing his jaw to drop at the sight of her pulling a fish out not five seconds later.

"Fishies!"

"B-buh.." He watched for a moment completely flabbergasted. He had spent near two hours, not minutes, HOURS waiting for a single fish to come by and here with girl came along and- and

"How?!" He demanded. He needed to know. Was this some sort of trick? Was she magic?!

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:21 pm
CaliWolfe

"He was really deep near the rocks." Mpeko blinked. "Fishies like the deeper stuff, but I got him!"

And she puffed her chest with such pride, a smile. "Oh, uhm, can you swim? It helps."  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:11 am
Jengo resisted, very, very deeply the desire to snarl. Instead he made due with simply muttering to himself with a scowl riddling his features. "Stupid girl and her stupid fish..." His voice trailed off to a series of mumbles and mutters, none of which were quite audible.

He turned to go retrieve the fish she had knocked to shore, greedily digging into his new meal without so much as a 'thank you' to the lioness who had gotten it. He couldn't help it, it was just so delicious... Food, actual food! Not berries, not week old carcasses...

His ears perked up when he noticed she had asked him another question. Great...

"I can swim, doesn't mean I want to."

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:14 am
CaliWolfe

Mpeko watched with a sense of happiness the male enjoyed his meal and smiled inwardly, sitting before he responded and then nodded.

"I understand, but it does help! What if the fishies were too deep to catch from shore?" She asked, worried.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:19 pm
Ugh... "Then I can just go fishing somewhere else." Jengo replied best he could, his mouth full of food. He didn't like water very much, no, not really. It wasn't like he was scared of it, but Jengo wasn't a fish himself, he felt unnatural being in the water.

The cheetah swallowed a particularly large piece before adding, "Or I could just go hunting for land-prey. At least then I don't have to get wet."

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:22 am
CaliWolfe

Mpeko tilted her head, blinking innocently before looking thoughtful.

After a moment she frowned, looking worried.

"What's wrong with water?" She asked in a soft voice.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:07 pm
"Everything." Jengo hissed. "It's wet, it's cold and it sticks to your fur for way too long! It's horrible!" It was almost as bad as snow, but then, thinking back on his journey to the mountains Jengo began to think he hated snow more.

No, he definitely hated snow more. It was freezing and it stuck around even longer then water did!

NovaCracker

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces