Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[Mentor PRP] Finally ( Hel / Leo ) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Ephebe rolled 2 20-sided dice: 15, 18 Total: 33 (2-40)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:00 pm
Bolstered by their success, Leo scoured her brain for something Egg could pick up from her dorm. It had to be something lying out, obviously, or at least easily accessible. A frutten was probably too heavy, and she wasn't quite sure how it might take to suddenly being airborne, besides.

But she was pretty sure that she'd left the scarf she'd used in her hairdo yesterday out on her dresser. That'd work, right?

Snapping her fingers, Leo waited until Egg focused on her before continuing, "Egg, retrieve my scarf from the dorm." Quickly, the corvus courier set off into flight, seemingly heading in the direction of the monster dorms. Now all she could do was wait.

But maybe she'd been too specific. Or not specific enough. Should she have mentioned that it was the one with the dead flowers on it? Well, any scarf would do, really, but the others were in the dresser and might be harder to get to.

Anxiously waiting, it really didn't take as long as she'd expected it to before her minipet returned. "You got it!" Leo whooped, holding out her hands and receiving the exact scarf she'd asked for - flowers and all. "You're fantastic Egg, amazing!"

Quote:
two out of three items retrieved!

Ephebe rolled 2 20-sided dice: 12, 10 Total: 22 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:17 pm
Now for the third item... Leo looked around, thinking. It had to be something harder than a twig, obviously, but getting two things from her dorm seemed redundant, now that Egg had already shown itself capable of getting things from there. Maybe something that tested the minipet's resourcefulness?

Yes, that sounded right. Smiling at Egg, she snapped her fingers - inwardly cheering when the corvus instantly focused its attention on her - and commanded, "Egg, retrieve a pencil!"

That should be easy enough to find in a school... right? The bird flew off, and Leo waited in excitement. The wait was longer this time, and she'd almost started to consider that this might not work when Egg finally returned.

Holding out her hand and patiently waiting until the corvus delivered its loot before resuming its former perch on her shoulder, she examined the item.

"Good ghoul Egg!" It was definitely a pencil, it was just.. slightly fancy. "Oh jack, you didn't steal this from someone did you?" It was enamelled and gold plated and really, utterly impractical for writing. But it was definitely a pencil. And most probably someone's pencil, to boot. "I just meant for you to get one of the extra ones from a classroom. Do you think she can deliver it back again?" The last bit was directed at Hel, eyes hopeful.

Lucyal
three out of three items retrieved!! : D

Ephebe

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:01 am
Sometimes it was amazing Hel managed to be a mentor. Teaching was all in good fun, but sometimes she couldn't bear the wait of her little mentees having to figure things out for themselves. As Leo worked with Egg, the reaper had pushed herself to her feet scaled the wall of the reaper dorm gardens, and then perched on top, watching from there. Her feet were pressed together as she sat, rocking. She made sounds of approval here and there, or snorts of amusement, because it was kind of funny to see brat birds...she was more than familiar with that.

As they both successfully completed this part of the training though, Hel let out an excited whoop, and clapped her hands enthusiastically. She also let out a laugh. "NO!" She cried at Leo. "Keep it!" She gave her a fiendish grin. "If the student was not strong enough to keep it from your bird then he does not deserve it!"

Sorry Leo, good ol' fashioned war monging Valkyrie upbringing right there.

Hel laughed once more, grinning widely. "Alright! Egg has got the instinct tapped now! She will retrieve and deliver on command! Now that she has been taught, we shall focus on you now! Especially since it was been a while." The reaper leapt up to her feet, and stretched, popping her joints.

Ephebe
HUZZAH! Congratulations, Egg!
ICly, Egg is a fully certified delivery and retrieval bird now! Feel free to do what that what you like and use it for RP flavor!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:50 am
That... didn't seem quite right to her, but Egg was clearly proud of its achievement and making the minipet return the pencil might deflate that well-earned pride. And plus, Hel had said it was alright - Leo fully trusted her mentor, so she levelled a nod and a serious face in her direction, "nothing for it then! Won by right of might, I guess."

At the older ghoul's next words the serious face melted out to become a vibrant grin, "good going Egg!" She reached up to gently scratch the corvus courier under its chin, proud and happy about what they'd achieved.

But there was more to come! Getting up and doing a quick stretch as well - making Egg fly off to perch on the wall instead - Leo beamed, "I'm ready!"

Lucyal
Yay!! /throws confetti over Egg

Ephebe

Lucyal rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:52 am
"Good--" Hel crouched a bit, a grin stretching her lips. "You better have been practicing your battle tactics since from our first meeting--" She informed the ghoul. "I am here to show you what they are and how to apply them, but for them to be of use to you, you need to do the training outside of these meetings as well." The reaper crouched even more.

"You worked on offense last time, so now you better work on blocking me!"

The was the only warning Leo got as Hel threw herself off the top of the stone wall and was coming straight at her with a drop kick ready. Barefoot and wearing boil's sleep clothes---it was still going to hurt if she couldn't react in time.

Ephebe
Roll 1d20! If you roll higher than my dice, than Leo successfully blocks! If she doesn't then...yeah : ' D

Ephebe rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:14 pm
Leo had opened her mouth to reply, but didn't get the change before the older ghoul was charging at her.

"Oof!" Quick reflexes allowed her to block the attack, standing strong and managing to deflect the worst of it. She'd been worried that her time away from school (and proper training facilities) had affected her battle skills, but clearly the small amount of training she'd been able to do at home had paid off. If nothing else, at least her reaction time hadn't suffered too much.

"I did train, as often as I could. Dunno if I've gotten better, but at least I don't think I've gotten any worse," she said with a grin, still on guard and watching her mentor with a wary eye.

Lucyal
barely made it!!

Ephebe

Lucyal rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:54 pm
"And you keep on training! It is for life!" Hel was pleased that Leo blocked her, her chest swelling up with pride---

But that wasn't the end of it, no.

The reaper landed after her kick was deflected, but as soon as she was on the ground she was charging the ghoul once more. "AGAIN!" Hel pulled back her left fist, and once she was in range, swung out at Leo's gut.

Ephebe
WOO LEO

Same thing as before! : D

Ephebe rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:26 pm
Leo slid back on one foot, slightly hunching over and crossing her arms in front of her, well, front she braced for impact. It was more instinctive than it was thought through, but luckily it worked - her forearms were smarting, but a blow to the gut would have knocked the wind right out of her.

"Alright!" She whooped, grinning proudly. It was one thing to do well, but it was another thing to do well in front of someone you admired and the Mare was beaming.

Lucyal
so lucky dice rolls haha

Ephebe

Lucyal rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:28 am
The Mare was beaming, and Hel was beaming too. She was incredibly proud that Leo had been training, and that it was showing. The reaper didn't give her a verbal heads up this last time. Instead, she pulled her arm back and then spun on her heel.

A round house kick was spiraling towards Leo's mid-section.

Ephebe
Awesome dice rolls! : DDD

ONCE MORE!

Ephebe rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:32 am
This time Leo was not so lucky. She'd let her guard down and the lack of warning didn't give her enough time to put it back up; Hel's roundhouse kick hit her soundly in the side and with a surprised exhalation, the Mare staggered back a few steps.

"Wow okay, I was not expecting that." Hand rubbing at her mid-section where she'd been caught by the kick, she smiled apologetically. "Sorry, let my guard down too fast."

Lucyal
aww haha

Ephebe

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:28 am
Hel straightened herself out once her leg connected with poor Leo's side, and she grinned a bit. She smoothed down her borrowed t-shirt, and gave a short laugh. "Do not tell me sorry! It is a meaningless word in this instance! You just try harder next time!" For now though, it seemed Hel was done with the physical part of this meeting. Between the time it took to teach Egg to retrieve and this little exercise now, she deemed it good for today.

"Remember to keep training! Attacking, blocking, parrying and dodging--" Ah, that reminded her. Sooner or later she was going to have to battle Leo. Yes. "Remember to study your enemy's movements as well, ya? Reaction in battle can be determined by noting what move your opponent will make by their gestures." She blew some of the bangs out of her face, and then rested her hands on her hips.

"That will cover it for your exercises this meeting, but I am not done with you yet--" She paused for a moment before another thought came to mind. "Do you have any questions for me? If you do, speak up, ya!?"

Ephebe
Hey 2 out of 3 isn't bad at all! <3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:11 am
Leo nodded along to what Hel was saying, taking it all onboard. "Yes!" She would keep training; she'd been so close to a perfect record she could taste it. Giving her mid-section a last soothing rub, she straightened up and quickly smoothed out the clothes that had gotten a bit rumpled during the older ghoul's test.

"Questions..." wrinkling her forehead, she thought for a bit. "No, I don't think so. It seems pretty straight-forward; train, get better, learn to read my opponent's tells."

Lucyal
True!! : D

Ephebe

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:18 am
"Well good but--I mean just in general too, alright? If there is anything you ever want to talk about or get off your chest, no matter the issue, you can speak to me, ya?" That out of the way, Hel rubbed her chin thoughtfully, staring up at the orange sky before looking back down at Leo.

"You are a second year..." She mused. "So you still have time to think about what you want to do after you graduate...but have you given it anymore thought as of late?" After all, mentoring was more than just physical wellness, right? It had to do with mental and emotional too!

Ephebe
<333

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:00 pm
"Actually..." Now that Hel had mentioned it, there was something. "I was thinking maybe, you know, about becoming a Boogeyman?" It was phrased like a question, though not on purpose; but she'd never talked about this to anyone before, and saying it out loud made her nervous. "It sounds kind of silly, doesn't it." She laughed awkwardly, scratching at her arm and trying to avoid looking at her mentor.

Honestly, she probably wouldn't have brought it up if it was anyone else, but she trusted the older ghoul a lot. Hel was cool and very wise, had already helped her a lot and she was also pretty sure that Hel wouldn't laugh at her daydreams about becoming a Boogeyman; but still, there was that small part of her insisting that it was a stupid idea and that she wasn't worthy of becoming a keeper of the peace after what she'd done, what she'd willingly chosen to do. It was that part that was making her suddenly withdraw a bit.

Lucyal

Ephebe

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:38 am
Hel, unfortunately, did laugh. It came after a briefly surprised blink, but her laugh was good natured. "Ah!" She exclaimed with a breath. "Ah--I am not laughing at you, Leo--It is just that---" She grinned. "Once, one of my closest friends wanted to be a boogeyman, ya? So there was this tension between him and I for quite some time as we were going through school, because he wanted to uphold the law and I wanted to break and work around it." She gave a soft snort, amused. "So while I am not the most knowledgeable about the procedures to become a boogeyman, I can point you in the right direction at least."

The reaper beamed widely at her, and then gave a decisive shake of her head. "No." She said firmly. "It is not silly at all and do you not dare let anyone tell you otherwise, do you hear me?" Hel thumped a fist on her own chest. "If that is what you feel here, then there is nothing silly about it."

Ephebe

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces