Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:05 pm
The Dark Swamp
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

As you half-wade, half walk through the damp, chirping undergrowth, the trees creak damply around you. Above, the canopy meshes together so thickly that moonlight is unable to get through. In the distance, marsh lights glow and bob, providing the only natural lighting around. And if you stand still, you can feel dozens of eyes emerging from the darkness to watch you, curiously. This was once the most northern part of the great Four Fronds forest - slowly claimed overtime by the seas to the east until it became a wet, overrun swampland. Structures that had been built by previous troll generations had slowly sunk into the ground as it eroded, leading to a slow but sure exodus to stabler, more desirable environments. The water-dwelling creatures had also moved in, as dangerous as the highblood trolls that their lusus brethren favoured. There was always the industrious troll willing to try and tame it, to find a use for the place, or to simply live in peace and quiet. Time after time, the swamp had claimed them all. Now, no one visited the swamp, not even trolls fleeing as far from society as possible. It was too dangerous, too overgrown, too isolated, too unpredictable, and far too squishy.

Quote:
đź’ŁDanger!đź’Ł:
As you wade through the murky darkness, you can't help but think that your journey so far was too easy. Sure there's the threat of the other trolls passing through the swamp right now, and the occasional dangerous lusus, but both can be avoided. If this is all there is to the swamp, why have no trolls colonized this area of Alternia? Perhaps you are just the strongest, smartest, most amazing troll in all of history. It is possible, but not likely. Out of your sight, behind a clump of swamp reeds, a decaying hand slowly rises from the water, sending out wide ripples...
In your rp posts from now on in the swamp ORP, if you are a teen or older, you MUST roll 2d4. If you roll the same number twice in a row, you must immediately start the fight in the spoiler below. If you are trying to roll for other bosses, roll 4d4. The first 2d4 are for this new boss, the second are your accumulated totals for the other boss.

[align=center][b][size=18]You have encountered a hoard of Early-Rising Undead![/size][/b]
[i]Mini-Boss Rules[/i]:[spoiler][i][size=9]Only a maximum of three trolls may fight this boss.
This is a mini-boss! Unlike regular boss battles, the mule will not be posting new rounds, and players can simply post as fast and often as they want, [u]taking turns to attack one at a time[/u].
Players who have trinkets or abilities may also post to use one [u]directly after posting their attack[/u], giving them a maximum of two turns for that round.
When each troll in the fight has had a turn to attack the mini-boss once and use one power/trinket, a new round begins.
At each new round roll the standard 2d6 and use the table below to see what damage you've taken.
As always, the first number is what you should check for your damage, and the second is the amount done to the mini-boss.
Once the mini-boss or all players fighting it reach 0hp, this can be counted by all trolls participating as a battle rp for growth. If you have any questions, please PM the mule![/size][/i][/spoiler][/align]

[align=center][img]http://hivestuck.octospiracy.com/aug15/mini_3.png[/img][/align]
[align=center][b]HORDE STARTING HP: 100/100[/b][/align]

[i]You're pretty confident at judging when it's light enough to go inside, shut the door, and drop the bolts. Here in the dark of the swamp, with treetops clustered so close overhead, you'd assume that there would be little to few undead, and definately not now. These creatures relied on sunlight to live, didn't they? So what was this medium sized hoard doing, shambling towards you? Questions would have to be cut short, as the moans from behind you indicated that you were surrounded.[/i]

[b]If you rolled a 1,[/b] several of the creatures surround and pin you down. They tear at you with surprisingly strong hands and rake you with still sharp teeth, despite the mould and decay. [b]Take 4 dmg and deal no damage.[/b]

[b]If you rolled a 2,[/b] you get body-hugged from behind. The thing holding you is cold, wet, lifeless, and surrounding you in a choking embrace. [b]Take 3 dmg and deal double damage.[/b]

[b]If you rolled a 3,[/b] hands grab at your feet from below. Looking down, you see a torso with no legs, fastening onto your feet and trying to pull itself up. [b]Take 3 dmg and deal double damage.[/b]

[b]If you rolled a 4,[/b] one lands on top of you for a moment, wet dead air forced from it's decaying lungs into your face from the impact. You quickly kick it off. [b]Take 2 dmg and deal double damage.[/b]

[b]If you rolled a 5,[/b] suddenly one displays a terrifying burst of speed, charging towards you. It grabs onto your front as it's legs disintegrate and it topples into the muck. [b]Take 2 dmg and deal double damage.[/b]

[b]If you rolled a 6,[/b] you look around, trying to find a place where you can at least get your back against something solid. There is nowhere to be found, they are all around you. [b]Take 1 dmg and deal triple damage.[/b]

[i]*damage multipliers should be applied before age/weapon bonuses*[/i]

[b]When the mini-boss or all trolls have reached 0hp, please look in the spoiler below.[/b]
[spoiler]
[b]Mini-Boss at 0[/b]
[spoiler]You have managed to cull enough of the hoard to dart through the shuffling crowds and break free of their waving embrace. Still, you won't be able to survive out here for long. You should probably continue pressing north, or retreat back south to the safety of Four Fronds.

[u]You must keep rolling 2d4 in the main thread, the swamp is swarming with undead! If you have not won a prize from fighting this boss before, you can now roll 1d100 in their next post. [/u]
[b]If you get a multiple of 3[/b], one of the undead your troll brought down had a 3 use novice trinket, pinned to the front of their rotting clothes.
[b]If you get a multiple of 5[/b], one of the undead your troll brought down had a 3 use adept trinket, pinned to the front of their rotting clothes.

[i]The multiple of 5 overrides the multiple of 3. Always take the larger prize.[/i][/spoiler]
[b]Players at 0[/b]
[spoiler]The hoard is overwhelming, unrelenting, and unstoppable. You can't stay here - you must either continue pressing north, or retreat back south to the safety of Four Fronds.

[u]You cannot stay in the swamp anymore, it is too dangerous! Swamp ORP must be wrapped up and your troll may move to one of the two final ORPs, depending on their side.[/u][/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

If you are a child, your parent will be forcing you onwards, and you cannot linger here! To be honest, it would probably be safest for trolls of all ages to get out of this area as soon as possible.
Please wrap up all roleplay in this thread and move to one of the final destinations below.

If you are a rebel, there's no way out by going back, the swamp is swarming with hunters. Your only choice is to keep your head up and
=> push further north.

If you are a royalist, your TPS will loose power if you keep heading deeper into the swamp. If you're seeking safety then you should
=> return to Four Fronds.

This orp encompasses the entire northern swamp of Alternia, and is open to the rebels and royalists who did not sign up for the Wild Hunt portion of the meta. It is where the mother grub should be brought through by the trolls tasked with protecting her, and can be rolled in while roleplaying to encounter mini-bosses for groups of trolls to fight. (See below) Trolls from both sides are welcome to cross paths and fight in here or private battle threads, and private meta-inspired rp threads can be set in this area. Happy hunting!

If your trolls are teenagers or older, and are interested in exploring just how dangerous this area can be, read the spoiler below.
âśżBabytime Battlesâśż:
While your troll and a few friends explore the swamp, they might run into one of the many trolls now blundering through it in pursuit of the scattering rebels. In your rp posts, roll 2d4. When the group total of all rolls equals or exceeds 25, copy and paste the code in the spoiler below into the first post of a new [BATT] thread, and follow the instructions given!
(min 3 teens recommended)

[align=center][b][size=18]You have encountered a Disoriented Drone![/size][/b]
[i]Mini-Boss Rules[/i]:[spoiler][i][size=9]Only trolls who's rolls contributed to 'summoning' this mini-boss may fight it.
This is a mini-boss! Unlike regular boss battles, the mule will not be posting new rounds, and players can simply post as fast and often as they want, [u]taking turns to attack one at a time[/u].
Players who have trinkets or abilities may also post to use one [u]directly after posting their attack[/u], giving them a maximum of two turns for that round.
When each troll in the fight has had a turn to attack the mini-boss once and use one power/trinket, a new round begins.
At each new round roll the standard 2d6 and use the table below to see what damage you've taken.
As always, the first number is what you should check for your damage, and the second is the amount done to the mini-boss.
Once the mini-boss or all players fighting it reach 0hp, this can be counted by all trolls participating as a battle rp for growth. If you have any questions, please PM the mule![/size][/i][/spoiler][/align]

[align=center][img]http://hivestuck.octospiracy.com/aug15/mini_1.png[/img][/align]
[align=center][b]DRONE STARTING HP: (final group's rolling score x number of group members)[/b][/align]

[i]Grunts, buzzing and groans are commonplace in the Dark Swamp, but these noises aren't like what you've been hearing so far. You and your group immediately prepare for battle as a huge, horned form rears out from behind a swampy bluff. The figure staggers and groans. Electrical static emerges from his broken equipment, and soon it is clear that you have stumbled across a dazed drone lumbering through the swamp. A crumpled, bloodstained map seems to hang uselessly from his hand. He clutches his injured head and tries to focus his one good eye on the party.

"Ehh??! WHO GOES THERE! B-BY ORDER ... THE QUEEN!" He exclaims. The drone's gruff bellow turns into a raging roar and before an explanation can be given, he charges the party! "TAKE THIS, REBELS!" The drone barely remembers to retrieve his Bo staff from his backpack before swinging with wild, delusional abandon at his opponents.[/i]

[b]If you rolled a 1,[/b] in the flurry of sweet Bo staff attacks, you are caught dead in the chin by a swift blow. The drone rolls right over you, beating you senseless over and over again as he screams something about "FORCIBLE MANEUVERS!" and doesn't appear to want to stop his "maneuvers" until you are a colorful pulp. [b]Take 4 dmg.[/b]

[b]If you rolled a 2,[/b] you are in the radius of the drone's attacks as he strikes out ferociously. He reaches into his bag while you're stunned and pulls out a broken radio, which he attempts to bite the antennae off of and toss right at your noggin. "GRENADE!" he hollers. At least it's not an actual grenade, but it [i]is[/i] actual head trauma. [b]Take 3 dmg.[/b]

[b]If you rolled a 3,[/b] the drone whirls around, demanding an answer from you. "WHERE AM I?". He lifts you up with impressive force and begins slapping you senseless. "WHO ARE YOU?" [b]Take 2 dmg.[/b]

[b]If you rolled a 4,[/b] you skirt back and forth between the drone's quick blows but don't manage to make it out in time to receive a swift rapping up and down your back. [b]Take 1 dmg.[/b]

[b]If you rolled a 5,[/b] the drone's erratic maneuvers ends up creating some very difficult footwork in the swampy terrain. Before you know it, you trip up and fall over a log into one of Alternia's incredibly vibrant and painful species of flora. You manage to escape the drone's blows this time, but the Swamp had the last laugh. [b]Take 1 dmg.[/b]

[b]If you rolled a 6,[/b] you exploit the drone's damaged vision. With some quick misdirection to the already disoriented foe, you are easily able to slip around to his back where his large blind spot is. It's almost comical how he tries to look behind him as you make quick attacks from behind his bulky backpack, and you take advantage of the confusion to let off some serious steam. [b]Take no damage and deal double damage this turn.[/b]

[b]When the mini-boss or all trolls have reached 0hp, please look in the spoiler below.[/b]
[spoiler]
[b]Mini-Boss at 0[/b]
[spoiler]With a long, low, pained groan, the drone lowers his weapon and sits down on the soggy ground. After a few minutes of silence, he looks up and addresses the nearest troll, his voice and good eye unsteady and petulant, like a wiggler. "I'm tired. Muffin, I'm [i]tired[/i]. I'm going to nappy-naps now." Without waiting for a reply from 'Muffin', he gently lies down on his side, and a few minutes later begins to snore. Neither shoving, nor hitting, nor screaming will wake the sleeping giant.

[u]Do not continue to roll 2d4s in the ORP - you may only win against each boss once. Each player can now roll 1d100 in their next post. [/u]
[b]If you get a multiple of 5[/b], your troll has noticed a 3 use novice trinket of your choice that has tumbled from the sleeping Drone's backpack during the fight.[/spoiler]
[b]Players at 0[/b]
[spoiler]The drone continues to thwack around wildly at the group, braining any troll who gets too near. You and your allies are vastly outmatched, and all your strength seems to be flaggin. It appears that despite his most likely severe head and eye injury, his strength and stamina have not been compromised one bit. Stepping forward to you, he raises his weapon and you close your eyes in anticipation of the connecting strike. "HALT! I SEE YOU! S - STOP RIGHT THERE REBEL!" The blow never comes. You open your eyes to see him turn and rush over to a patch of thick swamp grass. Raising his weapon, he begins to frantically attack the empty patch of swamp. You decide to take his lapse in vision as the opportunity to hurry away.

[u]If you want to have another go at this fight, you can continue to roll 2d4s in the ORP. You may re-try this mini-boss a total of three times if you loose each time. However, you may only commence another fight against this boss once all posts in this thread have been filled in with rp.[/u][/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

đź’€Tough Thrashingđź’€:
While your battle-hardened trolls and a few friends explore deeper in the swamp, they might run into some of it's dangerous fauna, startled from it's resting place by the influx of trolls into the surrounding area. In your rp posts, roll 2d4. When the group total of all rolls equals or exceeds 30, copy and paste the code in the spoiler below into the first post of a new [BATT] thread, and follow the instructions given!
(min 4 teens recommended, military grade weapons, trinkets and powers good, win not guarenteed!)

[align=center][b][size=18]You have encountered a Smiling Swamp Parent![/size][/b]
[i]Mini-Boss Rules[/i]:[spoiler][i][size=9]Only trolls whose rolls contributed to 'summoning' this mini-boss may fight it.

[align=center][img]http://hivestuck.octospiracy.com/aug15/mini_2.png[/img][/align]
[align=center][b]PARENT STARTING HP: (final group's rolling score x number of group members)[/b][/align]

[i]The Dark Swamp has sent you through many challenges, but none quite this toothy. As you step on a particularly enormous (and oddly pale) white log, something doesn't feel quite right. It requires the reflexes of an acrobat not to tip over and fall into the water as a watery groan sounds from the depths... And soon, you realize that the swamp's muddy paths and perilous crossings pale in comparison to the enormous white monster that lunges from the water right in front of your sniffnode! The ferocious beast is looking for a troll-sized snack to bring back to her clutch, and you're on the menu tonight. She wastes no time. She snarls and sets upon your group with a smile.[/i]

[b]If you rolled a 1,[/b] your limb is tragically caught in the enormous jaws of the Smiling Swamp Parent. If you have paid attention to Alternian Nature Reality Programming, you know what's coming next: a Death Roll. The creature twists her full body around in a barrel-roll powerful enough to cause an immense wave to come crashing down on your companions and bring you (hopefully with limbs intact) with her. [b]Take 4 dmg and deal no damage.[/b]

[b]If you rolled a 2,[/b] a thick whip from the Swamp Parent's huge tail sends you straight into the swampy waters. The wind is knocked out of you and your vision swims before you realize that you're actually underwater. She plants herself on top of you with her mighty girth before you're barely able to escape. [b]Take 3 dmg.[/b]

[b]If you rolled a 3,[/b] thrashing and splashing makes everything incredibly difficult to see. You are caught in the jaws of the Swamp Parent and struggle to escape. Climbing out of her teeth is a deadly event, and you end up more carved up after the fact than when she first chomped you. [b]Take 2 dmg.[/b]

[b]If you rolled a 4,[/b] your attempts to find solid ground are in vain as ground is knocked loose and mud is slung all around you with the flailing of the creature. A piece of debris knocks you into the water and you find yourself pierced by a sharp set of claws that meet you there. [b]Take 1 dmg.[/b]

[b]If you rolled a 5,[/b] the Swamp Parent delivers a love-bite and is then distracted by one of your other party members. It's a simple nibble, of course... But it's also a nibble coming from a predator with a troll-sized maw full of razor teeth. [b]Take 1 dmg.[/b]

[b]If you rolled a 6,[/b] you manage to find higher ground and position yourself on a low-hanging branch. It's a good place to strike, even though it's risky. With your adrenaline boosted, you launch onto the blindspot of the beast and land a solid hit! [b]Take no dmg.[/b]

[spoiler]
[b]Mini-Boss at 0[/b]
[spoiler]The beast begins to thrash about with even more abandon! Are you doomed to a toothy grave? It seems not, as after a final wild splashing, she blinks once or twice, smiles at you again, then with a ripple and a splash, turns and lowers herself back into the deep water, vanishing below the surface. As she swims away, you notice a jumble of moss-covered bones surrounding you. It seems this was her lair, and you were the uninvited guest.

[u]Do not continue to roll 2d4s in the ORP - you may only win against each boss once. Each player can now roll 1d100 in their next post. [/u]
[b]If you get a multiple of 3[/b], your troll notices the glimmer of a 3 use novice trinket, hanging from the ragged clothes of a waterlogged skeleton.
[b]If you get a multiple of 5[/b], your troll notices the glimmer of a 3 use adept trinket, hanging from the ragged clothes of a waterlogged skeleton.
[b]If you get a 'double number' 11, 22 etc[/b], your troll notices the glimmer of a 3 use expert trinket, hanging from the ragged clothes of a waterlogged skeleton.

[i]The 'double number' overrides multiples of 5 or 3, and the multiple of 5 overrides the multiple of 3. Always take the larger prize.[/i][/spoiler]
[b]Players at 0[/b]
[spoiler]You can understand now exactly why no sane troll lives here. As you turn tail and run through the sucking, clawing muddy water, you can hear the smiling swampbeast swimming easily along behind you. You're not sure if turning to look would be the dumbest, or second dumbest thing you'd ever do at this point. As you run, blindly hurrying away from the danger, your foot comes down heavily on a [i]second[/i] enormous white log. Whoops. The new smiling swampbeast rears up in the water, sending you flying far forward into the bushes, and as luck would have it, on to some solid ground. Behind you, by the sound of it, your original assailant has been interrupted by the arrival of a second of her species. You thank your lucky stars, and leave them both behind in your dust.

[u]If you want to have another go at this fight, you can continue to roll 2d4s in the ORP. You may re-try this mini-boss a total of three times if you loose each time. However, you may only commence another fight against this boss once all posts in this thread have been filled in with rp.[/u][/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Children may participate in these battles if they want, but they will count as rp rather than battle (if wordcount is met). There must be, at minimum, one teen or adult in combat, groups of children are not allowed. One adult = two teens in terms of recommended minimum trolls fighting. As is with all battles, a loss still counts towards growth as long as all trolls fighting against the mini-boss have hit 0 hp.

As posting these battles does not qualify as a mule-started meta thread, quest trolls may not participate in the battles.

Rebels and Royalists from the Wild Hunt will also be passing through here. If you are playing one of those and have followed directions to this thread, read below in the spoiler for your next options.
Getting Caught By Royalists for Dummies!
By Annieo Nymous

So you've been clapped in chains and are on your way to an unfortunate end? No immediate chance of rescue? Feeling like this is the end? Never fear! There's always a few options for the industrious troll who's not above grovelling for their life. First off, there's the options of using your words. Maybe you can convince your capture to let you free through mature dialogue. If that doesn't work, see if you can punch them in the face. Finally, should they be too dumb, strong, or emotionally immature to consider working with, rather than against you, then remember: lock picking is a talent that any troll worth their salt should invest some time in. Grab some sort of stick, and get working!

It's up to each user to work with the person who's troll has captured theirs to work out a resolution. If you'd like to have them captured for plot, feel free to do so, though the shop will not be organizing any more 'jailbreak' opportunities and you will be responsible for doing that yourself. If either user is interested in their troll defecting to the other team, now is also a time you could potentially do that. You can also have a battle, triple-promise to be a better citizen and never work with rebels again (honst!), or work something else out! If you have no idea at all what to do, the official shop suggestion is to roll 1d4 in each of your character's posts interacting with their captor. Once your cumulative roll total equals 15, your troll picks their shackles, or manages to slip away from their captor another way. We encourage people to use this importunity to be creative! If your trolls end up parting ways after this has been resolved, they may both join in the general orp & activities of this thread.

If your captor/captive has disappeared from the meta and you cannot get in contact with them, you are free to roleplay as though your prisoner/you has escaped, and join in the general orp & thread activities.

Activity in this orp, mini-boss battles, and meta inspired rps will count towards meta rewards just as much as playing the Wild Hunt with your main troll. Quest children may not rp in any private [RP] or [BATT] threads, only in this thread and any respective Wild Hunt thread should they be registered for it. Any questions regarding this orp & the event in general may be posted/asked in the main meta thread.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:05 pm
Keionx Rutace

Her injuries had made lifting and storing the eggs painful and difficult, but not impossible. Keionx was happy to help and did not complain, even when it became clear that she would probably need another wrapping for her stomach wound. When it got to be too much, she took care of it herself, and kept going, and she was determined to keep going. After all, she had a promise to keep to Stryke, and there was no rest for a true hero. Not now.

She did rest, though, to be honest. To a modest degree, she even slept when it was called for. But only as long as she needed to, and she was all to happy to awaken from her nightmares and return to doing the Right Thing.

Busthind was her homeland and she managed fairly well on the narrow paths with her percariously healing wounds, but she would admit to some relief when they moved into the forest and swamplands at the foothills. They were difficult, still, but Keionx was willing to keep going.

She looked around her, at the group of trolls all forging ahead to their future, and smiled. She was in the Right place.

((Open for all interaction, including and especially scouts, Zariah, Alexin, and... any. Also open to battle threads and such <3 ))  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:06 pm
An iron taste crept into Ganyma’s mouth. The night was young and the canopy was thick here. It was fair protection from the sun, thank gog. But what would protect him from the wildlife? He sucked in a breath and let the sounds of the swamp fill his thinkpan. There was a chirp to his left, then to his right. As he stood still, the creatures in the swamp became more bold. Something hopped in the reeds. His foot, half-submerged in the murk, was tested by a tiny swamp creature. This was an untamed wild. Tiny creatures were less than cautious, and predatory creatures would be sure to be around every root and in every boggy slick. But he had to rest.

Ganyma stumbled through the wilderness without direction. He had long since hooked his mask onto his belt. Unkept, greasy hair was tied on the top of his head and his clothes were stained through with sweat and mud. No healing, no sleep. He waded as long as he could and then collapsed onto his knees in a thicket of weeds. Ganyma stared straight ahead into the night. Finally, he was able to let his thoughts catch up.

His tangled teachings were coming apart at the seams. At the core of it all, the very meaning of troll life was at stake. Which realities could he grasp now to keep him secure? How would he know if he was doing the right thing? Hands bore into the dirt and ripped up muddy reeds. Ganyma sank down onto his legs and pressed his palms into his forehead. If he were to perish in the swamp, it seemed just as well. He was nothing without a leader to follow, but there was no leader worth following.

???
ganyma is a cryperson

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:06 am
Electricity sparked from the body of the small yellowblood as she leaned in to examine a particular piece of the wide spread foliage that surrounded her. It received a small zap as she poked her tongue out before bouncing away from the spot with a mischievous look on her face. While the mud made it slow going for some trolls, she from time to time fluttered around trying to be useful and act as a look out. The mire to her sensitive nose was less than pleasant; the mountain air had been far more pleasant than their current location. To make matters worse all the plant matter brought back disturbing memories of Chittentown's doubt. Swallowing, she put on a brave face as she stuck close to her lusus, a hand on her pelt as they trudged in the mud. Insects pulled and clawed at her as she moved around. They met a fateful and rather tragic end via the living bug zapper.

While it was fun and games to entertain herself as they marched along, Voscil had with a great deal of reluctance agreed to go along and help protect the Mothergrub. Zeffer had encouraged her to go, not wanting her at risk directly if it could be helped. While it had bothered her only in part, she understood why he'd asked her to go this route. Much to her lusus relief, the yellowblood psionic actually agreed to go. As they left the narrow caves and made their long trek across the wilds of Alternia, Voscil couldn't help feeling unnerved.

Sure she hadn’t meant to go chasing right into the rebels base when she followed Reemus, but it had happened. For better or worse she was hear, and would lend her assistance to these trolls. In a single night, Voscil had learned more about the harsh reality of the world they lived in than any other. Recalling the speech the queen had given; verse the events that had unfolded Voscil felt sour to say the least. It hadn't been right; as the young troll saw it the greenblood in the caverns had been the insane and dangerous one. Blowing up anything in his path, she'd been more terrified of him in that instance than Aendal ever had managed to achieve. Kursha plain and simply had been willing to do ANYTHING to exterminate them.

She pursed her lips in consideration. "Come on MamaJu let’s see if we can scout around maybe look to see if we find anyone else we know?" It wasn't like she needed to do the coaxing to encourage her mother to follower her, even injured the roarbeast had remained vigilant in her watch. Still Voscil found herself talking out loud chattering as she pleased. "We'll stay close of course. Hey. Maybe we can something to snack on...I dunno what's edible out here so maybe not." She wrinkled her nose in consideration, not willing to risk eating something potentially poisons.

Mud splashed her legs as she took another step forward almost losing her shoe in the mud making a grossed out face as the squish sound caught her sponge clots. However, Voscil noticed how the bugs seemed to ignore those portions of her skin that had been splashed. Her eyes lit up with consideration applying some to her exploded legs and arms for some measure of relief beside her own personal way of "handling" the problem at hand. Looking up after having splashed mud all over herself she looked sheepish at best. It seemed like a good idea at the time at least to her.

anyone feel free to interact with her!

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

LordPocky

Cunning Codger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:39 pm
Miache Gahiji
Captured by Chiara Moteku

Miache tugged at his bonds, the shackles around his wrists digging into his arms and his suit. The thought made him cringe. It had been a bad day for him, usually so clean.....so austere....so PROPER! He looked like some common lowblood, as if he didn't care about his state of apparel. Manacles, a ripped and unkempt suit, his noble blue blood staining the suit....and the mud. It made his skin crawl thinking just what was on him. He needed his lusus. His lusus kept all manner of cleaning supplies he could tend himself with. He needed a towel to dry himself off and clean up the mud.

As Miache tugged at the bonds on his wrist he frowned. They were tight....she hadn't minded terribly that they would cut off circulation in his wrists, but he wasn't surprised. If nothing else....perhaps he could try to pick the lock? His face scrunched at the thought. What a foolish notion....he knew nothing about picking locks! He was a troll of breeding, he was a high class troll that knew little of such tasteless things. How did one even LEARN to pick a lock? He certainly had no books that answered that!

Zariah Rutace
With Keionx Rutace

"Are....are you feeling better? You looked pretty injured..." Zariah demurred, grabbing her shirt to tug this way and that, eying some of her forming bruises. Kursha had done a number on her....but so had that blueblood....it seemed unfair that of all trolls he would fight HIS twin. He relaxed when he saw her smile, but the concern didn't leave his face. He hated seeing her injured....she often came back to their hive with injuries from her thrilling adventures....but they were nothing more than scratches. Nothing but superficial injuries that healed in two days. The wound in her stomach....well it made him fret all the more when he thought about it.

Zariah's head tilted down. Why was she with them? She had sided with the empress before......she was safer that way. Zariah was a fool and he knew that....but he also knew he could never side with someone who endorsed trolls being culled for their status or blood colour. Byakko may've been a mutant blood colour....but maybe her view of the hemospectrum could change their lots in it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:41 pm
Milieu carefully slogged through the swamp. It was an unpleasant feeling, the humidity making her torn and battered clothing stick damply to her skin. She wished for a hot bath and a long rest, but neither was coming. Instead, more brambles and misshapen trees yearning for harsh sun were in her future. For everyone's future. At least the scouts weren't using this path. Milieu grasped a branch and snapped it in half. From her bloomer pockets she removed a ribbon and tied it on. There, another flag. Once the tealtroll was assured it was secure, she kept moving.

It had been a harsh reality to see the mother grub, the crux of their society, laid bare. Small wigglers and eggs too... What if the missiles that the Royalists had sent missed and instead destroyed the cave? All that life would have vanished instantly. Didn't they care? Then again, Milieu thought with a twisted smile, they had scurried down the phoenix initiative tunnels like vermin seeking hoofbeast-curds to kill the rebel threat. Life wasn't a high priority to the crown. Control first, life second. This was a reality that Milieu had faced since birth. After all, that was the point of her destined job as a mediator.

Shaking her head, the rebel tried to clear away the bad thoughts. It wasn't time for brooding. She reached a new branch and snapped it, lashing yet another ribbon there. The further she left the rebels, leaving a false breadcrumb trail behind, the better. It would also help guide her back to her friends, to the scouts and the mother grub, when she felt she had delved deep enough into the swampy nightmare. When Milieu signed up for the rebels, it never even crossed her mind that this would be her life. It had seemed glamorous, like minded trolls who thought like her about how defunct and pointless the hemospectrum was, fighting for equality, taking the high road...

And then came OHC. And then Teal Hulk... And then Aendal and the plants... And now, Kursha. Kursha and a swamp. Milieu leaned against a tree and wiped sweat from her brow. Moving through the slime with her boots was difficult. She sincerely wished she had thought to change them from the heels back in camp. Alas. Owl mom would not be at all pleased when she finally trudged home, cut and muddy and sore. There were bigger problems than a little mud and scuffs. If some other troll had really seen her features then that meant no more high society. No more beetles. Hopefully they hadn't... Hopefully these two parts of her life could stay separate and unsullied by one another. Was that hypocritical?

Milieu prepared to leave when a new sound came through the thick foliage. It was a soft, heaving sound... Much like crying. Blinking, she turned and carefully slipped some brambles. Her heart thundered tremendously in her ribs. Milieu held her breath and kept listening... Yes. Crying. Was it a child? No, the voice sounded deeper. As careful as she tried to be, the final step into the clearing where Ganyma sat was announced by a loud snap of a branch. Flinching, she looked first at branch and then at the troll.

She knew him. Teal Hulk. Her last memory of him had been in front of Puchen, his tealblood coming out of him, from Kursha's bullets. God, how long had that been? Tears sprang to her eyes unbidden and relief washed down every limb. Milieu approached slowly and knelt down a couple feet from Ganyma, her eyes wide in surprise and happiness. She didn't get why he had changed sides. It bothered her sometimes when the memory of him would surface. But beyond the memory of his leaving, his betrayal really, was the worry that he had died at the hands of the royalists. But here he was. Alive.

Sypon
Nature!Reporter Milieu: And here we see a Ganyma in it's natural habitat. Look at the giant powerful tealblood bask in the mud to cleanse his pain.

Magician Arcana

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

Wizardy Herbert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:59 pm
Adamaz's trash lid clattered on a root as it fell to the ground. A moment later, the little curly-haired redblood fell to the ground alongside it. Both squished into the mud.

Adamaz stared, a little wide eyed. He had definitely not expected to actually prove.. effective? It was a trash can lid after all. He was well aware that it was not the most ideal weapon, even defensively. It occurred to him that it was probably mostly the strength of Papa Roach that made the blow... knock out a little girl. About his age.

"Woops," Adamaz muttered.

Was she even a rebel? Since he was a royalist, he supposed it was possible. Suddenly it occurred to him that it was a little absurd to expect much out of young'ins such as himself. And yet... here he was. Victorious.

Hooray.

He supposed there was only one way to find out which side she was on. At the very least, he should figure out how to apprehend the maybe-rebel. He heard Chiara moving next to him, which snapped out of his inner discourse. He plodded through the muck up to where she fell.

What looked like the captive's lusus was floundering over in the brush. A large creature... with roller skates. It looked very distressed at its wounded ward. Adamaz felt pretty bad. But it was his duty. He guessed. How well he performed that duty remained to be seen. Adamaz approached the muck-covered Redblood.

Doutei

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:13 am
All there was left to do was handcuff herself, Tevini supposed.

Humiliated at losing to a garbage lid, the girl pushed herself up from the swamp waters and looked to her captor with a reluctant grimace. He looked young like her- a fact she wasn't sure how to feel about. Dread pooled in her stomach as the question of what came next floated in the space between them. It was possible she could try to run still but she felt a dull ache in her skull and it made her a little woozy.

"Please." The boy with the mohawk seemed to be regarding her but made no obvious action or comment on what he'd been ordered to do. Nervous, she slightly recoiled as he stepped closer. She spoke with a pleading undertone to her voice, almost frightened to even ask for mercy.

"I never meant for this." Tevini wasn't sure if the Royalist had noticed her back at the banquet or during the long trek over to the tunnels as proof that she wasn't really a true rebel. She'd been dragged into this mess and only fought the drones out of fear and panic. Once Kursha had unleashed his hellish rain of death on everyone, she'd spent the rest of the battle just trying to stay alive.

"Please let me go. I just want to go home." Meeting Adamaz's gaze, Tevini tried asking for her freedom. She didn't want to fight if she could help it, mostly because she'd just lose.

Wizardy Herbert

Doutei

T-Kai

Timid Lunatic

16,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:20 pm
DraconicFeline
Interaction! (finally!)

Alexin had said that he would watch Keoinx's back, and he had intially, but soon the chaos of the fighting had split them apart - especially considering Splitch had almost charged through the royalists to get back to Alexin, and the flurry of white feathers surrounding them had shielded the pair of them well for a while, but whilst Alexin was concentrating on dodging attacks and directing his lusus to attack drones - well, frankly, he'd lost sight of Keoinx, and by the time there was a lull in the fighting to find her again, Splitch had suddenly screeched and thrown themself over Alexin in a way they hadn't since he was truly a grubling! Alexin of course, had started to protest and fight their way out when there was. Well. Even in his extensive vocabulary, he hadn't the words for the combination of noise and sensation. Heat and pressure and such sound! Head ringing, they stumbled out from under their lusus to the scent of burned flesh and a wall where there had previously been none. Well, Alexin observed dizzily, it was wall-like, at least. A fascimile of a wall. Ooh yes that was a good word. Giggling to himself from the shock of the realization he'd been next to a huge explosion and /survived/, he turned to the nearest troll.

He'd been talking to them for a good minute - panicked and jittery and words overlapping before he realised his pauses were getting no reply anymore, that the troll was unconscious. And then like he'd been in a bubble, he heard the groaning, the sighing of injured trolls, saw the peculiar stillness of the dead, and noticed the immutable bulk of the Mother Grub and then...eggs. Fear rose in his throat like bile, but he had done that last time - he'd ran away and hid and what had it got him? Nothing. No. This time....this time he would be strong. (He just had to hope that Keoinx was okay whilst he was doing so.)

It turned out that his version of strong seemed to be helping the injured - even with his new growth spurts, he wasn't big enough or strong enough to move any great number of eggs, or at any great speed, either! And to be honest, the mother grub kind of. Well, she kind of creeped him out! The idea that all trolls came from her, how important she was, how /vital/ she was.....all of it combined to make Alexin very nervous. Very nervous indeed. Still, he sent Splitch to help with the moving and lifting - whilst not the brightest of Lusii, Splitch was smart enough to know what to do when directed and their massive size and conversely gentle talons as well as bird instincts meant that they proved excellent at moving large amount of eggs onto the transport. Of course, there were a couple of incidences where they had to be convinced not to nest upon the eggs, but that was soon sorted out via Alexin yelling at them and shooing them off.

Alexin's medical knowledge was mostly theoretical - from books, and the incessant questions he'd asked the mediculler at the medical exam. Which wow, had only been yesterday? It seemed a lifetime away now. But anyway, it seemed he knew enough to be helpful, and honestly? It felt good. It felt...right, to help other trolls, in a way he hadn't felt right in himself for a long time. Heroes helped people.

After everyone had been patched up to working order - or at least, walking order - whether by Alexin or another of the (somewhat more numerous than he'd expected) rebels, they set off for their tasks. Alexin tried to spot Keoinx in either group and failed, and he was starting to get worried. Anxious. Concerned. Distressed. So he started, quietly, to ask around. Eventually he was pointed in the right direction.

He didn't quite barrel into her - but only because he spotted bandages last minute and stopped himself. It was a veritable black-and-cerulean blur that screeched (or rather with the current terrain, squelched) to a stop in front of Keoinx.

"Keoinx!"

And then, he paused. There was so much to say.

"I... I.. I tried to keep your back safe but the fighting got so bad and then Splitch covered me when the explosion happened and I couldn't find you and - my gog I'm so glad you're safe. Are you okay? I mean the bandages suggest you've sustained injury but have you had it treated? I still have some medical supplies if you need them I saved them for you just in case and I just."

"I'm so glad you're alive."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:02 pm
Adamaz glanced behind him before realizing that the fear in his captives gaze and voice was directed at him. Something cold hardened inside his stomach. Now he knew where he stood. His thoughts turned to Tamiya's fury and how it frightened him. He was quiet for a few moments while he decided what to say.

"Sure you want to go home. I do too." He threw his arm behind him and pointed, eyes fixed on Tevini. "I'm pretty sure my angry juggalo commander won't let me go empty handed, though. I'm also pretty sure you know if a highblood finds you out here, you won't leave the swamp. Much less get home." His face was stone. "Not going to do any good, running. You know that. Come to the base with me."

Adamaz felt like one of the finbeasts from the cavern was chewing its way its way out of his stomach. He was not used to speaking that way. Or... that much. He remained resolute, however.

This is how lowbloods survive.

Doutei

Wizardy Herbert

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:35 pm
Chiara
Captured Miache Gahiji

So this was the blueblooded teen Tamiya was making such a fuss about. Well, he certainly wasn't going anywhere now. She grinned devilishly as she led her captive back to her Royalist supervisors. The teen flinched with each step, looking like he was disgusted by the dirt. What was it with all these teenager trolls not being able to handle a little bit of mud? Chiara knew you had to get your hands dirty to get what you wanted, and in the spirit of it, she reached down and grabbed a big handful of the stuff.

"Grow up." She chided as she threw the handful of mud into the blueblood teen's face. "If you wanted to keep clean you shouldn't have bothered joining a war."

Shlop shlop shlop went Chiara's hardy boots as she joined her team mate Adamaz next to his captured troll. She slapped him on the back, hard "You tell her!" She cheered. This kid was growing a back bone, it made Chiara happy to see a wimpy troll shaping up. "We make a good team! We should get up to more fun stuff like this. And look at this, i remember seeing this kid turn on us during the fight. Caused our friends a lot of pain..." Chiara glared down at the redblood.

LordPocky

Wizardy Herbert

Doutei

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:15 pm
Swirling black murk and visions of bloodshed began to pepper Ganyma’s vision. He had to sleep. In a moment, the weeping tealblood could have tumbled into the swamp. And in that moment he could be gone. At any moment, really – the swamp was unpredictable enough. He was slowly awoken by a quiet set of footsteps cutting through the mush. Thinking for a moment that it was his proverbial maker or a vision, he didn’t react – until a twig snapped next to him. Ganyma scrunched the mask in his hands and pulled back his hair, whirling around to view the encroacher.

The beautiful and adept tealblood from the caves. Ganyma’s eyes widened. Teal Owl. She had grown so much from the silent child on the battlefield. Ganyma flushed and wiped off his face with his mask, but upon seeing her he let out a strangled choke. He couldn’t speak, himself.

She stopped and knelt away from him. When Ganyma worked up the ability to look at her again, he had to stop himself from turning away. Finally, he couldn’t bear it. The tealblood took Milieu’s hands in his own. His blades were still ejected from their hiding spot, covered in mud and once again slick with green. One of them had snapped at the tip – likely finding its new home in one of Kursha’s bones. The shaky grip he had on her tightened. Hands tough from frequent callouses and regeneration seemed soft in Milieu’s grasp. He ran his thumbs over the back of her hands. Lips quivered as his brow followed suit with uncertainty.

Ganyma was a blank slate. There was no telling what she was here for or what she would do to him, but Milieu was a harbinger of something he wasn’t able to understand. For now, though, she was sanctuary. He laid his head to rest on her hands, bringing them clasped to his lips as he rested against them.

Magician Arcana
<3

Sypon
Vice Captain

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:32 pm
ALL PATHS

You glance down at your TPS, checking your map to see what your position is. The screen is black. That's not good. You lift it up and give it a shake, clicking the on off button, and waving it in the air to try and get a better signal. This is your one potential lifeline out of this unending, swampy maze. Loosing it would mean the chances of your returning to dry ground would be very unlikely. After a few pumpbiscuit-stopping seconds, the screen flicks back to life. Hm. It seems to be working fine again. Maybe it was the waving that did it, or the shaking. With no time to give it a more detailed examination, you press forwards.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:33 am
"But if you take me in..." What he said made sense except for one thing. Annihilation, Kursha had said. When brought before the queen as a rebel (even if she had never actually joined) Tevini would be culled. There was no going home after this capture. She didn't know why she wasn't being killed on spot but figured they were going to torture and interrogate her before ending it. Problem was, she honestly had no information to give them.

"I understand. To save yourself, you have to sacrifice me." Averting her gaze, the curly haired girl bit her lip. She didn't know his commander but the concept made sense. In his position she'd probably follow orders too. It was cruel but logical for him to bow his head on this matter and let his superiors do what they wanted. But she didn't want to end here, she had finally started making plans... Cerpin, where had he ended up? Was he waiting for her? Was he safe?

The sound of mud grew louder as the second royalist joined them with a teen in tow. He didn't look well and Tevini spared a moment to glance at him. Wait that was the troll she'd tried to run from! So he hadn't been with the royalists? But- what? Chiara gleefully taunted the man and Tevini winced at the satisfaction in the girl's voice. Then the blueblood turned on her and the redblood began to sweat.

"That wasn't- It was-" At the other young girl's words, Tevini spun and struggled to explain herself but realized they wouldn't believe her anyway. It was kind of stupid sounding to admit your lusus had started attacking drones by accidentally ramming into them and then turned into self defense once the drones got angry. Maybe it was better to let them win that point and focus on figuring out a different way out of this situation. There was no reasoning with these two, one clearly needed to protect himself and the other was just plain mean.

Her only chance was to team up with the ripped up blueblood teen but how to communicate with him when their two captors were right there? Carefully she tried to keep walking with the group but slowly inch closer to Miache and catch his attention. Unfortunately he was pretty distracted by the mud on his face.

Wizardy Herbert
Attempt #2: Guilt Trip!

Micillia
Youuuuu little brat! XP

LordPocky
Tried to leave it open for what you had planned with you know who : )

Doutei

LordPocky

Cunning Codger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:30 am
Miache Gahiji
Captured by Chiara Moteku

Miache's irate, cold stare towards the child vanished in a moment. His feet lurched to a stop and planted firmly in place, sinking soundly into the swamp without a care. His scowl fell blank and face took a sudden pallor. As the mud slid and oozed down his face even his very breathing seemed to come to a halt, when his eyes glazed over it was clear he wasn't snapping out of it any time soon. The teen blueblood stood motionless completely catatonic from the shock of such filth. The rude words of the fellow blueblood went on deaf ears and the pleading gaze of his teammate went ignored as he stared unblinking and frozen.

(Sorry for short post, when he gets cleaned up a little he'll be capable of movement xD)

Micillia
Wizardy Herbert
Doutei

Historical & Archived Events

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out