[PRP] Catching Up (Etsali + Luxara)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:53 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Etsali and Luxara find time to hang out after their booth duties at Bloodfest.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:56 pm
Finders Keepers was all closed up for the night, the haul she and Zindel had secured stored safely away already, but Bloodfest didn't seem to have slowed down in the least. There was still a steady stream of trolls all along the boardwalk, still so much to see and hear and eat. That probably wouldn't change for some time yet, not until morning came to chase them away from their fun anyway, and she was more than glad to know it meant she had some free time to do some things without worrying about getting back to work.

Other nights she might have used it to scout new targets, but tonight she already had very different plans. She ducked through the crowd, eyes searching, and doubled back towards one of the other booths she'd happened upon earlier. She couldn't be entirely sure they were done yet, since some booths closed later than others, but hopefully...Aha! There was that familiar coat, a quick glimpse of the right shade of green.

Grinning, Etsali pushed forward to approach Luxara and made extra sure she didn't step on that coat this time. As amusing as that reunion had been, her reputation as a great thief could really only stand so much clumsiness. "Hey there!" She had to sidestep one last stranger before she could come up alongside the greenblood, but here she was at last. "You busy? Got time to hang out with an old friend?"

Gl!tch~

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:21 pm
Running a booth was certainly an experience! Luxara had gone into it thinking that people would shoot targets and have fun. While that was generally the case, a mix of personalities led to some clashing, and well...hostilities. Competition. Kursha being Kursha.
Juggling that with events she wanted to compete in herself, plus the leftover feelings from the previous sweep here, tended to weigh the otherwise cheery troll some.

It surprised her how happy she was to end a night and be free from all the hulabaloo for a bit. Once the guns were stowed, Luxara was just about ready to leave. Hearing a familiar voice made her turn, and seeing Etsali scoot up made her smile. A real smile. "Ets! Hey! Welcome back!" Upon the orangeblood's questions, Luxara put her hands in her coat pockets and tilted her head a little. "I think I can free up some time in my schedule for a little shindig. I was gonna look for something to eat, anyway. Did you wanna do something else, or would that be cool?"

All the tunnel snakes were back together, and while it was exciting, everyone was too busy with their own stuff for it to feel like a team thing anymore. So much had changed, and Luxara wasn't especially close to any of them except Forera. Even that was a little messy these days.
But it was really, really nice that one of them remembered her.
Especially someone she had scuffled with when they were kids. Proof that there were possibly more forgiving trolls out there than she thought.

KitsuneAura-
:0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:43 pm
"Food's always good," Etsali agreed brightly. "I even know a good stand if you don't have anything in mind yet, lots of rice or noodley things." She couldn't actually remember if they'd had anything else to eat there, but hey, if one friend liked the place, another might too. She motioned out towards where she remembered it to be and then looked for a good pathway to start heading that way. Most of the other foods would be along the way or near it, she figured, so Luxara could stop at whichever she actually wanted.

She glanced over at the greenblood's face as they moved, considering the scar she'd noticed there again, and hummed. "So that schedule of yours, is it usually very busy? Looks like maybe you've been up to some interesting things since we were last here." She reached up to tap her mask near an eye, just to indicate what she was mostly curious about, because there was no point pretending she wasn't. A scar like that might have come from interesting circumstances, but they couldn't have been fun ones. Belatedly she wondered if she ought to have asked after all.

Gl!tch~

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:07 pm
"Sounds good to me!" New things to try, since her diet was primarily full of meat and root vegetables. Her good cheer, however, was momentarily interrupted by Etsali's next train of thought. "Ha ha, well, there's the booth and keeping the wrigglers from getting too into it. I've been in that diving competition every day, and I've played a few games... Been working on another long-standing issue, too, but it's a feelings thing and who wants to deal with that? But this..." Luxara's hand went up to her scar. It's related. "It's reeeeally complicated, Ets. Interesting things are like when Vul had a hissyfit and made that no girls allowed base. This was more like when things were exploding and people were getting hurt. People you care about on opposite sides willing to blow each other up, in a way." She paused. "I've got some other scars healing from when a glowing blueblood attacked me with a whip. You wanna hear about that? Because ohhhh man, let me tell you, it was the most ridiculous thing! I think it was a rainbowdrinker or something. Those are a thing, right?"

Unlike some people, Luxara had not dealt with the Chittentown fiasco.

KitsuneAura

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:09 pm
Ah, a feelings thing. Etsali nodded her agreement with the sentiment, because yeah, who did want to deal with that? She winced though as the explanation of the scar's origin came, nodding a little slower, and mentally answered the question of whether she should have asked about it with a 'yeah, probably not.' Still, the mention of people on both sides hurting each other dug at her a little, if only because it was hard to forget how well their last discussion on the subject had gone. She was just beginning to wonder if the same friend was responsible for getting the greenblood into that sort of situation again when Luxara moved on to the next topic.

More scars she would've been interested in hearing about, but the second the word 'glowing' sunk in, she started to tense up. She came to a full stop in the crowd, staring wide-eyed at Luxara even as a passerby bumped into her on their way past. "Y-yeah," she had to swallow hard before it felt like she could get the rest out. "Yeah, those are a thing." A blueblood. The one in Chittentown had been green, hadn't he? There were more of them.

She stepped in closer, voice turning urgent. "Did you- Were you able to kill it?"

Gl!tch~

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:16 pm
"And Kursha didn't believe me," Luxara mumbled, almost to herself at Etsali's confirmation. What reason did she have to doubt the raccoon troll? Looking back up, she saw Etsali come over, looking frightened. Just the sight of someone getting upset over this, over something she thought would be so minor, spooked Luxara too. "I-I didn't manage to, no. At least I don't think. I never found a body, anyway. But I shot him up good. He...almost got me," She admitted, much to her shame. "Like, he was trying to be all weirdly polite but also demanding? He tried to get my blood. He stomped on my kill. If I could've killed him, I would've, but it was more important to get away. I did leave him bleeding, so maybe he'll know to piss off. If uppity highbloods can be rainbowdrinkers, then I'm going to have to get better bolts," Luxara finished with a snort of disgust. "Anyway...how do you know about these guys? Are they becoming a real problem?"

KitsuneAura

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:16 pm
"Did you...did you hear about Chittentown? The drought and all that happened?" Etsali had thought word of that was getting around, but maybe not. Maybe she was just hyper aware of every time she heard a mention of it and had exaggerated it in her mind. "I went to help out and there was one there, causing all the trouble. It was-" The thief faltered, remembering what all it had been down there, and then let out a slow breath. "Not the good kind of interesting either."

She reached up to rub her cheek, then dropped the hand and pulled her smile back on. "But hey, yours sounds manageable at least. Must have been a weaker one, yeah? If it had been like ours, well..." You wouldn't have made it. But no, she didn't want to think about that. She shrugged the thought off. "I'm glad it wasn't, anyway. Bet he'll think twice before he comes after you again, too, from the sounds of it!"

Gl!tch~

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:29 pm
"I heard there was a drought, yeah," Luxara replied with as serious a face she could muster despite her usual grin. There had been a note about it tacked to her hive, which Luxara had promptly thrown away. No more royalist business for her. She noted Etsali's demeanor trying to explain. The government reports weren't comprehensive- they never were. Not with OHC, and likely not with the Chittentown, thing, either. "Well, s**t, Ets. I'm..." What was there to say about all that?

"I'm glad you made it out in one piece. That's a something, right? Two bad times down and you come out swinging." Luxara said, trying to add some positivity to the moment.

"I guess the dude I had to deal with wasn't too bad if I escaped. I don't think he was causing any big issue other than taking my kill. I needed that. I didn't have the stores for two people at the time," she huffed. "Shithead comes after me again, I'll have Stagdad with me and we'll gore the a****d. I don't have time for anyone going after me, you know? You can't play around with danger." the greenblood said with a shrug.

"Anyway. Anything happen with you that was a bit nicer than blah drama? I don't have a whole lot on my end, which kinda blows. I mean there's some, but..." She thought about Kursha. Paused. Well, that was a hanging thread she hadn't taken care of yet. "It's a work in progress. Have you got any cool dudes you're hanging with these days besides the coolest crew ever?"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:44 pm
Etsali's head tilted, curiosity rising right back up. She hadn't had the stores for two people? Did that mean someone was staying with her in her hive or something? But maybe she'd just meant she didn't have enough for her and Stagdad both. Would probably be silly to ask. Instead she nodded encouragingly. "Yeah, definitely be ready for him if comes back! Or, uhh, if anything else crazy comes at you. There seem to be a whole lot of dangerous things lurking around lately, you know?"

She considered the next question a moment, then nodded again, totally accepting the change to lighter topics. "Ahh, yeah! When everything in Chittentown got started and I couldn't find you guys anywhere, I had to get into a new team. They're pretty great, I bet you'd like them! We called ourselves Cops and Robbers, like that game," which she'd thought was pretty silly even before she'd found out Zindel was a thief like her.

"There's Zindel, he's kind of grumpy but he's pretty cool! I'm running my scavenger booth with him! And Voscil's here with a Fiduspawn booth, she's this crazy fast and fun yellowblood. And Ephias is an old friend of mine from back during the gerbil races when we were kids, were you around for that? I was really happy to see there were going to be more gerbils here, so I bet I can get him to go see them and maybe you can meet him there if you go too and-"

Etsali paused to take a breath and realized she'd kind of maybe been rambling. She laughed a little apologetically and shrugged. "That's about it though. What about you?"

Gl!tch~

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:46 pm
Luxara just kind of stood there in a blur while Etsali went on and on. She was happy for her friend, at the very least. Idly, she wondered if Etsali had any idea what the other Tunnel Snakes had been up to... But, from the sound of it, Etsali was still squarely a royalist. Best to not say anything.

"Gerbil race! Yeah, I did that a little. I've had gerbils since the WACKY incident a while back. Did you know they come from the desert? Somehow they became this huuuuge thing right after that! Now they're everywhere. It's kinda amazing. Yeah, mine were born in the wild, so I guess they didn't do too hot at the races, but it's okay. I didn't realize you had gerbils, too! They probably have super cool names, right?"

It was easier talking about gerbils than life as it was. "Well, I mean, there's Forera and Vixeni back at our booth. It's all good. I've been hoping to see someone around, but he hasn't shown up. It's disappointing! His boots would look great with the hats we have as prizes!"

That said, she hadn't considered how it would go if Ganyma saw her with both Forera and Kursha. Speaking of...

"If you ever stop by our booth, there's a greenblood who keeps coming around. He's kinda a big dork, but if he makes any dumb comments, you can sass him out. It's what I do. Maybe I'll drag him along if I get to meet up with you and your dude Eph."

KitsuneAura
But it was not meant to be...

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces