Submit

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:55 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Some heroics, some sparring, and maybe a little peace and quiet somehow...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:04 pm
Quote:
Keionx
HP: 20/20
Military Grade Weapon: 1d6+1
---

Of all the 'Scouts', Keionx was the least affiliated with Athene. All the other scouts were held in high esteem. They were her dearest friends, her most towering heros, the people she trusted most of all (despite the fact that they had been on opposite sides this whole time). They were smart, powerful, beautiful, and they cared about her. It was nice to be so appreciated, though her Lusus was never short of bone-crushing affection. Somehow, though, his betrayal had been more than theirs, and though they had made up at bloodfest, things between her and her lusus were not as warm as they once were. He didn't understand, and she didn't want him to, and the scouts made up the difference when she could meet with them. She had known all of them for a long time now, and her memories with each of them were to be treasured.

Except for Athene.

Keionx wanted to change that.

Bells announced her arrival as she pushed the door open to Athene's tailoring shop in New Hemisect, relieved to be out of the city streets. It was so unlike home, or the wilds she traversed while questing, so crowded and almost harsher than the surrounding environs. It fed her melancholy, but Keionx was here to brew understanding not despair - a fuller understanding of what the scouts were about, and why they did what they did.

"Hello?" she called out, letting the door close behind her...

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:34 pm

The small shop was her home as well as her livelihood and Athene spent plenty of time in it when she was't out doing rebel affiliated things. In fact, she spent most of her time in it when she wasn't with her friends, which was a bit of a shame. She was more accustomed to the small space that held her wares than the city she lived in, more accustomed to a town that wasn't hers. It was a little sad but then again, she had other things to worry about most of the time.

Today was a slow paced day though and Athene was leisurely working on a shirt in the chair, occasionally looking up to see who was passing in the streets. She had become focused on a particular seam though when someone walked in and she only gave a sort of hum at the chime of the bells, not looking up to see who was in yet. It wasn't anyone she knew, or so she thought, until she heard them call.

Looking up, she was surprised to see the orange blooded girl. She didn't know much about her but her friends did hold her in high esteem and so she said with a smile back "Hello, how are you?" It was a nicer greeting than most of her customers got, but she was a friend.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:21 pm
PeanutButterpies

Keionx smiled back, a little nervously. ”Oh! I am well, thank you! And... and yourself?” she walked over, tilting her head to see what Athene was working on. It was... a shirt. Okay. A shirt. She glanced down at her own outfit, one of three seriously travel-worn tunics.

I need a new shirt

”Are you free for a, um, chat?” Keionx asked. Speech was awkward sometimes without her accent, but she didn't see the point in using it here. To be honest, the whole thing was awkward – approaching someone she barely knew, hoping to get to know them and to get a handle on why the Scouts did things the way they did, and maybe... be a part of it. ”Or are you busy?” with the shirt?

I need a new shirt. she reminded herself again. Maybe if she was here, she could... get a shirt? Maybe she had some money left? Maybe? Hopefully? Perhaps?

”Because I could come back later, if you were... I'd really like to talk to you.”

Bah. That sounded awful. Keionx needed to work on her charisma. ”About things.”

And that wasn't much better.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:30 pm

Keinox seemed so nervous and Athene couldn't help but giggle slightly, her grin broadening. She'd never had this happen before.

"I'm fine, just a bit of a slow day. I do have time for a chat, what do you need?" She inquired, setting her work to the side. The shirt itself could always wait, she'd rather talk to another than focus on that seam. Belatedly her mind realized that the talk could be about something that was better said in private and she added "Is it um. Something better asked in private, if I may ask?"

It was always better to be safe than sorry, especially with everything that Athene had seen happen.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:48 am
PeanutButterpies

Keionx looked towards the door and the window display for a moment, then turned back and nodded. ”Yes, I think...” she said, ”Yes, maybe that's a good idea.” She certainly didn't want to talk about such things where others could overhear... after all, it was not a safe thing to talk about. Even Keionx understood that.

”Maybe, er, in the back? Have you... hast thou... had lunch yet?” Keionx's stomach growled, betraying her own hunger. New shirt, a hot meal, and a talk. she reminded herself, A lot of things to do, here and now. She hoped she would get the chance to do them all.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:48 pm

Athene nodded slowly, rising from her chair. She moved out from the back of her counter and to the front of her shop, flipping the sign that said open to close. If they were to talk in the back, she didn't want to be interrupted.

"Here, follow me," She said, moving back behind the counter and into the room that was behind it. It was a small room, holding a table with two chairs and various other projects around. "I haven't had lunch but I can make some, we can eat and talk," Athene continued, thinking to what she had that she could make for her.

DraconicFeline
heyy! No rush but i'd love to finish this before meta as I really would like to get another battle req in for athene! :}

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:42 pm
PeanutButterpies
Athene first

~~~

Food was in front of her, scrounged from what Athene had had in stock. It was scrambled together, but to Keionx it was a wondrous feast. Yet, despite her hunger, it took real effort to eat. Eating and talking brought forth a strange nervousness that paralyzed her. It was, of course, because of what she wanted to talk about. Nerves frustrated Keionx, and she forced her meal down in an attempt to quench it. Instead, upon swallowing, Keionx found herself wordless.

”I... Maybe we should, um...” Keionx bit her lip, ”Would you mind if we trained first? It...” she couldn't explain her feelings. ”I want to get to know you. I doth... um... thinketh... that thats the main... um... goal. Of talking.” she stood up shyly and abruptly, ”S... sorry. If I don't make sense.”  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
grayseasons rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 1 Total: 7 (2 -12)

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:53 pm

With the food Athene ate quietly, wondering what Keionx wanted to talk about. But she was hungry and she was able to get it down and clean up a little, finally looking up at Keionx when she began to talk.

Training? Well, that was something Athene wouldn't turn down. "Sure, I would love to train," She smiled, cleaning up the area and shifting around the furniture so they could have room to train. If they need more space well, they could always go out the back door.

"Here, I'll start," Athene grinned, pulling out her garrote and giving it a good firm pull before flicking it out at Kei. It wasn't a hard attack, just something to get her attention. She could do more later.

HP:20/20
Athene did 1 dmg!
DraconicFeline

DraconicFeline rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 3 Total: 4 (2-12)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:37 pm
Quote:
Keionx
HP: 19/20
Miss!

Keionx actually had been about to offer her the first hit, but apparently she didn't need to. She nodded and quickly drew her sword, swinging it in a wide forward arc – a miss, but it bought her some space. She decided to go without her shield on this one – it would be good practice, and the mental concentration it required would help her think. She needed to think.

PeanutButterpies

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
grayseasons rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 4 Total: 5 (2-12)

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:48 pm

Kei's attack had luckily been a miss and Athene grinned, trying to go in for her own. But she misjudged the distance and it only air, a frown crossing her face. She'd have to do better, after all, she wanted to get better at fighting.

HP:20/20
Athene did 0 dmg!
DraconicFeline

DraconicFeline rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 3 Total: 6 (2-12)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:31 pm
Quote:
Keionx
HP: 19/20
4 damage Dealt

Think, yes, think think think – there was a lot of thinking to do. Some nights, it was all Keionx could do. She wasn't a stupid troll, but thinking was not what she was built for. Keionx was a troll of action, apparently, but how could one take action when you didn't know what to do?

She struck again, scrambling internally for questions as she barely dodged an attack...

PeanutButterpies

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
grayseasons rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 2 Total: 6 (2-12)

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:28 pm

In her attempt to dodge Kei, she got a glance to her arm for her efforts. Letting out a small hiss of pain she focused her attacks on the troll. It was a good workout, just being able to practice this. But did she also want something else?

HP:16/20
Athene did 2 dmg!
DraconicFeline

DraconicFeline rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 1 Total: 3 (2-12)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:24 pm
Quote:
Keionx
HP: 17/20
0 damage Dealt

The clang of metal on metal... a touch of sharpness on her flesh. Her swing went wide, though, so she could not repay the favor. But she had it, a good starting question... but was now the time to ask? Or soon?

PeanutButterpies

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
grayseasons rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 5 Total: 10 (2-12)

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:33 pm

Whatever thoughts Athene had about her question were gone the minute she moved to dodge the sword, keeping a careful eye on the weapon. She fought back with her garrote, swinging wide with the wire. It luckily hit, although she was more focused on making sure to not get hit.

HP:16/20
Athene did 5 dmg!
DraconicFeline
SORRY I DISAPPEARED

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items