Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] On a Slow Walk (Akihito Nyorai x Morwen x Mzimu)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:26 pm
Cajanic
*sigh* fails

Akihito Nyorai slow walked the far from the borders of his pride. It was an exercise of tranquility and peace. Especially so soon after challenging himself yet again by entering the dark. It always seemed to startled those near whatever cave or deep, dark and close-in place Akihito chose to meditate in when he opened himself up and battled his fears, conquering them. That exercise always gave him confidence and peace of mind - until he walked out and saw the faces of those so near. Peace of mind went right out the tree knoll when he caught a look at them.

Granted his method was unconventional, but it worked for him. If it didn't he wouldn't continue to enter those places even as a Jedi Knight. Despite his knowledge of himself, his methods and all, Akihito constantly found himself walking away to do a nice slow meditative walk to get their shocked, concerned or wary faces out of his head.

This time it took him right into the rogue lands without him noticing anything more than his next step in his measure progress. As he reached his goal of wiping the laymen's faces from his mind. Akihito Nyorai stopped, closed his eyes and took a deep breath, releasing all the negative energy that had knotted within him and released it in a slow measured breath to match his slow walk. It took several moment to release it all in one exhale, but Akihito knew it was important to do this for himself. Once it was all gone, he opened his eyes and looked around him.

He nodded a bit to himself as he acknowledged that he was indeed further from home than he had intended to go. He'd have to take a rest before heading back. Perhaps he'd run back to exercise his body as he had exercised his mind. Both were important to keep healthy and alert. Spotting a tree shading a bit of the land beneath it, Akihito made his way over to it and lay in the relieving shadow it provided.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:46 pm
Resting under the shade of some nearby trees were two figures- a female lying lying down by the trunk of one of the trees, and a large male standing beside her, as though keeping an eye out for her behalf. The female had some very deep gashes running along her stomach, though they looked like they had been cleaned and treated with some herbs.

The lioness raised her head when a new scent came into the area, the lioness looking over at the lion that had settled not too far from them. She frowned, watching the creature carefully for a moment before turning her attention back towards her travel companion.

"That lion... I think he's an enemy," she hissed lowly, though found herself annoyed when the lion shook his head in response. "He's in our territory! Go over there and kill him, would you?" Again the large lion shook his head, gaining a frustrated growl from the lioness. She attempted to get to her paws, but her weakened body sagged, and she soon plopped back onto the ground. She sighed heavily, closing her eyes for a moment to let the pain ebb away from her body. Meanwhile, the large lion took a step towards her, giving her a sniff.

"I'm fine you idiot, go check on that lion! You can at least do that, can't you?!" she snapped, pushing his face away with a paw.

Huffing, the large lion silently moved away from her, wandering over to the other male. He offered him a nod of his head in greeting, saying absolutely nothing as he approached.

Dame NightFury

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:38 pm
Cajanic

Settling down into a comfortable and peaceful sphinx position, Akihito nodded as the lion silently approached. The sphinx was his meditative position and he had hoped to rest through meditation, the position allowed him the ease of bounding up in case he had to make peace or defend himself. He didn't foresee that happening, but a Jedi Knight shouldn't go assuming much without being prepared.

Akihito Nyorai rarely had rogues and strangers approaching him when he went out on his slow walks or his diplomatic missions for the pride, so the lion's intrigued him. He closed his eyes as he took a long deep inhalation of breath to stabilize his thoughts and emotions. It also served to give him information about the area. On the exhalation, Akihito opened his eyes. He would have to wait to see if he was correct, but Akihito was guessing the lion was protecting the female. The scent of blood and herbal medicines wafted on the breeze.

Akihito was a large lion and so he had no doubt the lion was trying to ascertain his intentions. Was Akihito Nyorai a treat to his wounded companion or a simple traveler? Akihito relaxed, loosening his muscles and put rested his head on his front paws, waiting for the male to make his decision so Akihito could determine the best way to pacify any misunderstandings if they arose.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:08 pm
Mzimu stood in front of Akihito, watching him for a long moment. He said nothing as he stared at the other, but only because he was waiting for the other to say something, first. Usually when he approached another lion, they were quick to explain themselves. Now... it wasn't happening.

Meanwhile, Morwen saw the two saying absolutely nothing to one another and got even more annoyed. She sighed heavily and pushed herself back onto her paws again, this time managing it when she had failed before. Once standing, she limped her way over to the two silent males, muttering and grumbling the whole way. As she came up behind Mzimu, she bit him on the tail.

Idiot lion- he wasn't good for talking! She just needed him for his muscle, she supposed. He didn't have to be smart.

"What are you doing here, buddy?" She demanded of the lion, "you think you can wander into other lion's territories and it's no big deal? This is my home, I'll have you know, and my friend here will make you leave if you're going to cause trouble." She would have killed him already, but Mzimu couldn't see that side of her. He would leave and she would have no protection from tougher foes.

And she had made a lot of enemies.

Dame NightFury

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:42 pm
Cajanic

Akihito lifted his head as the female approached and noted the tail bite. Despite her injuries, she was irritated. Or perhaps because of her injuries she was irritated. Obviously possessing a warrior's spirit, at the very least, she couldn't enjoy allowing someone else take care of matters such as these.

Despite her aggression, Akihito Nyorai nodded his head towards her calmly. He often found that lack of aggression helped keep the peace and to calm down such violent reactions. It didn't always happen that way, but a good percent of the time it helped in his Peacekeeping duties. "Greetings, warriors, and rest easy," Akihito greeted calmly. "I have no desire to cause or be troublesome for you, your companion or any other traveler. Though I do offer my sincere apologies. I did not scent your markings while walking, but I was doing a very concentrated slow walk and so missed the beginning of your territory. I merely plan to meditate and rest here for a short time before I head back to my pride and home."

Akihito gestured to the tree's shade, "Perhaps you would care to join me. Sometimes meditation can help the speed of the healing process and numb any pain associated with it." Akihito Nyorai couldn't help but be concerned about her limp. Many a warrior had irritated their injuries to the point of permanently damaging themselves. With the lioness's aggressive, Akihito was concerned that was would be a possibility.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:58 pm
Mzimu moved out of the way for Morwen, moving himself closer to her side so he could help support her in case she fell. He didn't really know much about her, just that she was weak and needed someone to help her out. He was happy to be the one to do that- it wasn't like he had anything else to do.

You know, besides hunting down his most hated rival and killing him. Aside from that, he was totally free to babysit a wounded lioness.

Sometimes he felt he was just too nice.

When the lion explained himself, Morwen huffed. She wasn't sure she liked this guy. "Meditation? That's absurd. The only thing meditation is good for is for letting your guard down and getting yourself attacked!" Mzimu, though, nudged her.

"You should," he said at last, "meditation is good for you." With that, he moved to sit himself down, so he could join the lion in his meditation. "My name is Mzimu," he offered with a bow. Morwen let out a huge sigh, not saying her name as she reluctantly sat herself down next to him.

"Whatever," she breathed.

Dame NightFury

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:09 am
Cajanic

"It's a honor to meet you, Mzimu. I am Akihito Nyorai," he introduceh himself, nodding bow and a calm smile to the lion as the other accepted his offer and joined him. Though the lioness was still annoyed, demonstrated by her need to withhold her name, she none the less sat down next to Mzimu. Perhaps to humor the lion. Perhaps to get off her feet and rest because of her wounds. There were undoubtedly numerous reasons, but Akihito was just happy to see her sitting and not damaging herself further.

Akihito nodded accepting the truth in the lioness's statement. "Yes. Meditation can lead to lowered guards. Usually in the novice or untrained in meditation or even the novice warrior. You and your companion are not likely to allow this to happen, but it is not impossible for the trained and experienced to fall into deep meditation." Once he had acknowledged that truth, he provided another truth in exchange. "But deep meditation is not necessary in this moment."

Breathing deeply and planning a impromptu lesson on meditation had not been on his agenda this morning. There was a reason he wasn't a teacher of the young, but Akihito truly enjoyed meditation and hopefully he wouldn't confuse his companions. And if he did, with the help of the Force, he could unconfuse them. With an outline of what to do while meditating in his mind, Akihito explained, "The key to meditation, whether it is a deep session or a relaxing and purpose driven session is comfort. A great many individuals take on traditional poses when attempting to meditate and are constantly pulled away from the peace of mind it offers when their bodies grow uncomfortable. If you can find a comfortable position, you can allow the awareness of your body to lessen. This allows the mind to broaden and the senses to heighten."

Watching the lioness, Akihito emphasized another truth. "A warrior with a body already in rest, but a broaden and conscious mind as well as heighten senses is a hard individual to take by surprise."

Holding down to his position, he continued, "I prefer the sphinx position as you can see. It is a natural and comfortable pose for lions, so contortions are unnecessary. It also allows the individual an opportunity to spring into action at a moment's notice. Whether you are being attacked or you feel the beat of the earth as a herd of elephants are stampeding in your direction and need to move immediately. Do you agree, Mzimu?" Akihito asked, engaging the lion. Though not a Jedi or of the Jedi pride, the lion seemed very calm and knowledgeable. Probably because he spoke little unless it was called for. Akihito liked this in the lion. It reminded him of the temperaments of his pride members. And even his father.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:52 pm
"It is nice to meet you too, Akihito," Mizimu replied with a nod of his head, offering him the faintest of smiles. He liked the tranquil nature of this lion- it was certainly different from Morwen's cranky and boisterous personality. The contrast was quite nice, really. Though he wasn't going to be mentioning that to Morwen anytime soon, of course.

She could lash out when she was angry.

Morwen arched an eyebrow. "If you say so. It just looks like you're sitting there with your eyes closed to me." She didn't get the point of it. But then, she didn't WANT to get the point of it, so of course she wasn't willing to open her mind a little and learn about something new. Morwen was nothing if not stuck in her ways. Her cruel, unrelenting ways. So as he explained his process, Morwen's eyes glazed over, her mind going somewhere else entirely as she thought about how much she would like to kill both males with her.

Mzimu, on the other paw, seemed to be intently listening, absorbed in what he was learning about. He nodded along with the male's thought, enjoying himself despite the expressionless nature of his face.

"Yes, I think a more comfortable post is the best, though I'm afraid I'm not as keen on the terms as you seem to be! It is very interesting to hear just how much you can learn from meditation. Though, I'm afraid it doesn't seem as though my friends cares much. I apologize for her." Morwen probably would have snapped at him for that if she were anywhere in the same universe as them.

But she had clearly checked out some time ago.

"Perhaps we should be on our way soon. Much longer, and I fear she may turn violent."

Dame NightFury

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out