Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:27 pm
Moose
Two lions entered the rocky, mountainous region with little more than vague rumors to guide them. Akarui knew they were lost; they had left Avatefeh behind for the day to explore, but he couldn't bring himself to acknowledge just how lost they actually were. Looking over his shoulder he saw the fading forest he had come to know and felt themselves ascending higher into the mountains themselves.

The trip was nothing for the strong built lion. He carried himself easily up the stones, and when they passed flat terrain he started out at a jog. "Be on alert, Susumu. I haven't seen any prey for a while now so there's probably a pride near by." Though, he couldn't smell any scent markers, but that didn't mean they were safe....

I'll cut off your paws and then maybe you'll take a break. Susumu thought bitterly. His legs were aching from non stop walking. It seemed that only their lioness friend could keep up with the big brute of a lion, and they both often left Susumu in the dust. He just wasn't meant for constant travel; he was too delicate for that.

For the most part he went along with their whims with little complain, but someday he would get to the beach, and sleep for days. Huffing, he saddled up next to the big silver lion and looked him over. "Good. Maybe they can give us directions."

Sabra
Another beautiful day. Zarya found herself moaning in pleasure as she stretched out along the rocks decorating her shrine. It was so lovely here with the waterfall cascading down over her den protecting her private life from view while the stream swirled around the rocks marking her shrine towards the water goddess. Only on the rarest occasion did her heart ache for the salt water of the ocaen because this was good for her as well. Out here she was surrounded by water and pleasant faces of others who wanted to worship the water goddess. Travelers always made her life interesting and she loved hearing how they too traveled along all the waters.

Every stream finds its way back to the mother after all. So in a way as long as she had some water to thrive next to she could imagine the streams bringing pieces of the ocean spirits with them. Iara and Naiya may have chastized her for becomming so content with life, but Zayra just shrugged off the thoughts.

The sun is beautiful, I'm warm and content, what more could I ask for? There was little traffic today of travelers and for that Zayra was thankful. Not many took the high mountain paths towards her side of the pride as most knew to come in from the flater regions. A guide would then take them to her shrine towards the edge of the Shrine Keepers where the waters ran and collected themselves to make her home the Shrine of Water.

Moose
"It's water, stupid, what's the worse that can happen?"

"...Drowning, water creatures, ambushes..."

"Gods blood, Rui," Shaking his head, the spotted lion paced around an outcropping of rocks towards the scent of fresh water. If he wasn't so tuckered out from his walk he might have listened to the big lug and passed it on by. What he wanted, however, was a big ol' gulp of sweet sweet-

Well, well. Pulling to a stop the lion simply looked on at the lioness on the rocks. He tilted his head, getting a nice long look at her before his companion joined him. She did look awfully peaceful, so he was reluctant to interrupt. Before Susumu could leave, however, Rui made himself known.

"Susumu, you're going to get yourself killed one of these days." His voice was stern, but not unkind. He doted far too much on the spotted male and that was likely why he was so spoiled. How could I have let him run this wild? Ah, what one wouldn't do out of love.

Perturbed by the other males lack of response, he furrowed his brows. "Are you listening? What, what are you looking...at.." Had it been in his friends intention to spy upon the sun bathing lioness, or was this just an odd coincidence? "Sorry miss, we'll go elsewhere."

User Image
Sabra
Zayra's ear twitched as she laid on the rocks. Maybe if I just ignore it they won't really be here. Still as the voices grew louder she had to sigh. Seemed like today was not going to be as quiet as she had thought. It was strange because she was certain she had asked Raiquen to tell travelers that the shrine would be off limits for the day. Her silver gaze flicked up to study the intruders as one addressed her, "Did you not want to be here?" She questioned before stretching once more.

Stiffling the yawn from her nap's interuption Zayra turned so she could see the lions better, "If you are wanting the water shrine then feel free to pay your respects." She raised an eyebrow at their chosen path, "Especially if you decided to take such a path to get here. You know the guides could have taken you through the flat lands instead." Suddenly concerned over her appearance the lioness raised a paw to brush back some of her mane that was dangling in her eyes, "Water is freely given here, but if you're wanting something else you can go to the Shrine of Pleasure for that."

She specifically eyed the male that had been glancing in her direction, "It's either you drink or you can dive in as needed." Or more specifically drown yourself if you need. Maybe she was slightly grumpy from missing out on her sleep. Still the lioness smiled ever so warmly before moving to sit straight on the rocks.

Moose
Before Rui could say something rude and ruin it, Susumu stepped forward with a smile. It was a little awkward, judging by the female's tone, but he tried his best to seem pleasant. "We didn't come to see a shrine...actually, I didn't even know any were here, did you?" He turned to Rui, who just shook his head. "We're rogues and sorry for interrupting you, but we just wanted a quick drink. We'll be out of your mane in no time."

Guides? "I don't know what flat land you're talking about, but we've walked these mountains for miles and it's all rough." Actually, Rui hadn't seen flat lands for a good long while. It might have been a sort of relief to find a guide, but so far he had yet to see one. He bristled a bit before coughing into his paw. "The Shrine of Pleasure? Sounds like a trip for another. We're not interested in that."

"Nope, not a bit," Susumu quipped. He'd already moved down towards the water and was drinking his fill. Much to Rui's irritation he was even slurping and murmuring 'so good' under his breath. Did he really grow up or did he steal that mane?

Instead of sating his thirst along side his companion, Rui stepped forward, "Where is the shrine? We've already pressed ourselves in your territory and I don't mean to disrespect the diety you serve." That was all they needed; a pissed God. He also generally didn't' want to seem rude. They weren't bad lions; just tired ones.

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:58 pm
Painted Moose

They must have really fallen off track. Zarya frowned at the thought. Surely travelers came through that were lost often enough, but it was rare for a pair to come through her shrine due to its distance into the pride. Her waterfall guaranteed it was the hardest path to take from the outside and so she had cuddled against the walls feeling secure in her home. They really must be tired then. Sighing at her soft heart the lioness motioned with a paw towards the waters, "Feel free to drink and rest up. My shrine is also here for weary travelers to take a moment and rest."

She smiled faintly at the comment, "My apologies, but since I've lived here for so long now it's hard to remember that rogues can see what I call flat now as mountains. Still it is easier to take the paths through the center of the pride as the edges are still not completely tamed." Her area in general with the waters had been hard to conquer. It was fortunate that the carvers cared enough to help her to make the perfect shrine here for the water gods. At the reaction to her comment concerning pleasure Zayra laughed, "The shrine keeper would be disappointed to hear that considering." As much as she was loathe to admit it the lioness had noticed that both males were rather attractive. She would have definitely liked their visit.

As the larger lion stepped forward Zarya raised an eyebrow in surprise, "If you wish." The shift in her expression was obvious as she stood and leaped onto another rock, "You can follow me then." She was happy to see that the lion did indeed want to pay respects. Any other in their state would want to stay by the waters and rest like his friend, "Just take care as you walk. The water gods have had enough sacrifices for this moon." Teasingly she grinned at him before moving on.

Just a bit away from the area the lions had encountered her was a calmer area of stream. The waters pooled around giant stones that were carved to appear like lily pads and allowed a bridge of sort to form. The water surrounding them was crystal clear and had petals floating from the lilies and flowers that Zarya had carefully allowed to grow along the water's edges. She truly had worked hard to keep her home perfect for the shrine as in the background was the waterfall which cascaded down covering her own personal den.

Walking across the stones Zarya made the way to a small stone shelter that was completely smooth save for a rock in the center carved to look like a decorative bowl. There in the center rested a clear pool of water that escaped upwards from the ground, "Feel free to pay your respects here and drink from the water." She smiled gently towards the lion, "It'll be the best water you've ever tasted. Only few get to drink from here, but on occasion when a lion comes to pay respects they may drink. I hear it is a blessing from the water god and will give you good luck and strength for your travels."

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:37 am
Sabra Knight

"So it's your shrine, then? That's pretty neat." Susumu commented. Slowly he had begun to slink his way into the water until he was nearly submerged. The only reason his maw was above the water was because he had found a rock to anchor it to. If he had any say in what they did from now on, surely the male would demand a nap in this lovely, lovely stream. "Does this pride just worship pleasure and....water...?" His voice trailed off as he watched the female lead Akarui off. Shrugging, he just closed his eyes and let the water do it's work.

Rui looked over the area in front of him. It was truly pleasing to the eye, and reminded him of the pride he had left not so very long ago now. Unlike Susumu, he doubted that the pride solely worshiped pleasure and water. If that were the case they would be located closer to the shoreline. Taking her warning to heart, the large silver lion paid extra attention as to where his paws were at all times. The last thing he wanted to do was to sacrifice himself after traveling for long.

"Gods above," he murmured. Rui's eyes were wide as he took in the setting. A lot of work had been poured into this place, either from paws or the Gods, and it showed. He stepped forward softly, with his head craned so that he might be able to see it all at once. "Good luck and strength, hmm?" Walking across the lily pad stones, he moved towards the raised dais. "We'll need all the assistance the Gods can give in order to find our destination." Closing his eyes, Rui murmured a silent prayer. He hoped for the strength to see Susumu to the safety of the ocean. He prayed for the constitution to make it there without losing one or both of them. Most of all, he prayed that Susumu's mouth would close a few hours of the day.

Then he dipped his maw to drink from the water. At first he couldn't believe the crisp taste, but soon he found himself eagerly lapping it up. "This is...the Gods really did this?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:27 pm
Painted Moose

Zayra laughed quietly, "Thankfully there's more than just that. We are a pride that has shrines dedicated to many gods and beliefs. Water, fire, wind, earth, healing, and pleasure are just a few of the many..." She was no guide and could not name all of the many paths that crossed through the pride. Mostly she was content to stay here in her little haven where the waters were crystal clear. If she tried hard enough the sounds of the waterfall could almost remind her of the swirling ocean tides...just the memory made her heart ache.

Losing the ocean had been her one downfall to this piece of heaven.

But she so did enjoy how her piece of heaven was noticed by others. As Rui's reaction made the lioness beam she watched him move towards the water. It was nice seeing how appreciative the other lion was of the shrine and the gods, "A saying that's never been truer." Zayra smiled. There was no telling where the gods would take one. Even such chance meetings as these two lions stumbling into her home could mean something important in the long run....she brushed the thought aside. Here in the Shrine Keepers there were always strangers to be had so she doubted this would be any different.

Zayra laughed at the question, "Who else?" She teased lightly, "I don't think I could drool that much to even fill the cup." It truly was delicious water though and she could only wonder about how such a source was always bubbling from beneath the surface, "Back along the coasts I once saw a spring like this." She murmured lightly, "My sisters and I worship the ocean above all else and it was there that such springs were in abundance amongst the caves. I was truly fortunate to find one here as well." At the mention of the ocean her gaze held a deep longing before the lioness quickly shook her head, "As it is, be careful that you don't drink it all~" She couldn't help teasing the lion as he drank. Once she herself would have done the same...both Iara and Naiya would have to drag her away from the springs.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:14 am
Sabra Knight
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rui quirked his maw into a little grin. This lioness reminded him a lot of Susumu in his more charming moments, though obviously more poised. He was rare emotion and charisma; she seemed like the water itself. Cool, refreshing, and pleasing to behold.

He stood to his full height after drinking his fill, careful to heed her teasing warning. The way she spoke of her sisters was as if they were still with her, but that far off look...it was one he knew too well. "Susumu and I are traveling to the ocean ourselves. If we're lucky, we'll find a spring as magnificent as this one once we arrive."

"What he means to say," came a soothing voice, and upon inspection it was Susumu, drenched head to paw with water. "Is that we've been going in circles for months trying to find the ocean, but this is as close to it that we've come yet."

He sat close to Akarui, and seemed perfectly content to have the larger lion fuss over this drenched mane. "If you have a general direction we can go in to get there quicker it would be very much appreciated." Susumu reached up a paw to bat away the larger silver one near his face. For every scowl given to him he stuck his tongue out in return.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:27 pm
Painted Moose
Going to try and end by having her finally jump the gun~ XD

"The ocean?" Zarya's gaze glistened before she shook her head with a small smile, "Just make sure you don't fall into those springs recklessly. Mine is a tiny opening to the world beneath the earth. Some others can actually suck you in." She remembered the stories told to her siblings and how they once actually tried to test it. The clear blue waters had indeed seemingly went down forever before they had to give up and swim back to the surface.

Laughing lightly at the spectacle, Zayra grinned. "Seems like just pointing you in a direction then may not work." Glancing around thoughtfully the lioness sighed, "I suppose I can actually guide you." It was a faint hope in her heart, but perhaps maybe going back there could give her clues to her lost kin. This was her sanctuary, however, and she was loathe to leave it. Yet she had the feeling if these two never got help then...

Had the water gods led them here for this reason?

"The ocean spirits must want you to live there since they led you to me." The lioness glanced towards the boys, "I'll guide you to the ocean itself. It'll take several leagues, but I know the way by heart." She would have to let the pride leader know....surely it would be fine. After all the only thing to keep her from returning to this home was far gone. There was no possible way that she could ever find her sisters, right? Still, it wasn't wise to ignore the gods. They had tossed these two into her waters for a reason and it was her duty to guide them home.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:15 pm
Sabra Knight

Susumu craned his head to the side so that Rui could finish preening his fur. In truth he would have done it all himself, but such was his fate; to be pampered by a large, rhino of a lion. "You don't have to if you don't want to. It sounds like you don't, not with that sigh, so don't feel like you have to. We can manage."

They were still alive, right? That was something. No where near the ocean, but still kicking, so in his book that was worth a golden sea star. In truth he just wanted to hurry up and get there instead of just pretending that this spring was the whole damn ocean.

Rui paused in his work to look the lioness over. There was that same sadness about her, the one that called out to his so strongly, but he knew they wouldn't get anywhere without her. It would be a damned shame to take her away from this place, though maybe she would find whatever she needed to ease her heart along the way.

It would be a gamble...

"If you're sure you wish to do this, then we would be grateful for the assistance." He nudged Susumu, letting the smaller male know in not so subtle ways that their time for relaxation was over. It was time to start the hunt anew.

[IC] Ulili-Mlindaji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games