Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Pirated Lunch (Dawson / Claude) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucyal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:21 pm
It took her twenty minutes to get lunch because she was helping herself to the left overs and food in the fridge of her brother's house. There were a few reasons for this. First, it beat out the ******** cafeteria any day. Seriously. Lex should have been a gourmet chef if he didn't end up...here. Second, pirating. Third. Little sister privileges and annoyances and fourth, because she could.

She made it to the courtyard no later than twenty minutes though, and made a bee line for Dawson once she spotted him. Claude was carrying a bag, and once she was under the shade and next to the Moon trainee, she took a seat next to him, sitting Indian style.

Silently, she took out a container of pasta salad, and another container of fruit, and then another container cold cuts of meat and cheese---along with some bread.

"Help yourself." Claude murmured.

medigel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:14 pm
For his contribution, Dawson had brought one of his most picnic-ish blankets out from his room along with two large water bottles and set up their spot in the shadow of one of the buildings. He could have swapped his shirt out for something a little less pit sweat stained, but hey, a few new layers of deodorant counted, right? Catching sight of Claude, he beamed and pat the spot next to him.

He'd expected maybe a sandwich or some snacks from the vending machine, not...this. "Hot damn, Cap'n!" he exclaimed with a low whistle. "People food! You don' kid around, do ya?" God, when was the last time he'd actually eaten food like this? Not caf food, not his usual greasy grub, not candy...

Dawson offered her a water bottle and asked, "You went around lootin', pirate queen?"

Lucyal

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Lucyal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:24 pm
"No, I don't kid around." She took some break, broke it apart, and then broke that half further apart. Claude then set to making herself a sandwich out of the cold cut meat and cheese.

The nick name and pirate reference had her smirking, and she paused to take the offered water bottle. "Thanks." This was followed by a nod. "Of course. Would you expect anything less?"

medigel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:44 pm
"Nope!" Grinning, he guzzled down some water first before trying the fruit. "So watcha been doin' fer three weeks, huh? I know ya said some other base but, like, where n' stuff?"

Lucyal

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Lucyal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:30 pm
"Not much, honestly." She replied. "Watch the monitors, watch the landscape. Sun bathe. Read. Think. I did a lot of thinking..." Claude murmured. "Another tropical island. Somewhere in the Pacific." It wasn't too specific, and only a portal away.

"...Admittedly, it was a nice break from Deus." She took a bite of her freshly crafted sandwich and looked over at Dawson.

"You?"

medigel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:40 pm
"You tellin' me you basically got paid vacation?" Dawson asked with a squint. "Well, s**t! Maybe I should ask fer a transfer, see how ya'll handle going three weeks without me." He chuckled to himself as he helped himself to another piece of fruit; like he wouldn't be the one most anxious about the separation from the familiar.

"Welp. As per usual, s**t hit the fan, booze was drunken, Twitter bitchin' was had. Were you here when we had like a whole, like, overgrown garden virus shitstorm?"

Lucyal

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Lucyal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:59 am
"Yeah." Pretty much. She smirked a bit, and couldn't help but think if Dawson did disappear for three weeks...some people would probably unravel at the seams. Of that she didn't doubt. It tended to happen when someone who was so willing to give up everything for others and brought positivity into their lives disappeared...

She set her sandwich down on her lap, and uncapped the water. "Ah." She took a swig, and then shook her head. "I missed a lot of things, apparently."

medigel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:53 pm
He gave a humorless laugh. "Awful, awful s**t, Cap'n," he told her. "Whole place got tore up by some giant stag beast, n' all these Sleepin' Beauty vines cropped up. Not t'mention we had some kinda virus r' two goin' around makin' people all nutso berserk zombie s**t. I was literally playin' Whack a Mole, 'cept instead've hittin' people, I was tryna defend 'em."[/clor] Dawson put it so casually; time allowed him the distance necessary to not fret so much discussing the highly stressful event. "Thought I was gonna lose a few a'them...Me n' Chance kinda barricaded ourselves up in the lighthouse with a few others until the cavalry came."

He looked like he was going to say more about it, then just uncapped the water bottle and drank some more.

"Wasn' good times," Dawson said with a shake of his head. "Glad ya didn' hafta see. We didn' have our weapons r' nothin', I dunno what was sealin' 'em...Scary s'hell, t'be honest."

Lucyal

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Lucyal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:29 am
She wasn't sure if she should count herself fortunate or disappointed to have missed all of this. Everyone she actually gave a ******** about was still breathing and walking, so in the end things turned out well, regardless of where she had been. Claude couldn't help but give a soft and exasperated sigh as he mentioned Chance. That dumb a**. Just so nonchalant about everything...and still not good at telling her things.

"I'm glad you and everyone are okay." She murmured. "You made it, though."

medigel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:15 pm
"Yeeeup." He took a sip of water like it was beer. "So you touched base with Astroboy, huh?" Dawson asked with a chuckle; Claude's reaction was hard to miss. "Guessin' that went well?"

Lucyal

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Lucyal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:45 am
Claude stilled and stared at Dawson. "Astroboy." She repeated, and then nothing short of an evil smirk stretched her lips.

"I like that."

It was getting added to the arsenal of what to address him by. She was amused. Terribly so. She then gave a small nod, her smirk simmering. "Touched base, yes. It was fine. He makes everything out to be nothing more serious than a walk in the park." With very lame detail.

medigel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:50 am
"Yeah?" He grinned. "I got plenty more. Starchild, silly Asian stringbean, Astronaughty s's**t..."

Dawson side-eyed her. "He tell you he got a boyfriend now? Some punk named Otto."

Lucyal

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Lucyal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:29 am
She gave a soft amused chuckle, finding all of those appropriate, but as Dawson dropped the latest news on her, she stilled. A brow rose slowly as she looked at him, and in an equal slowness she replied, "No."

Oh that Chance. Mister "I don't get tied up in complicated relationships".

He was a dead man walking.

"...Why do you call him a punk?"

medigel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:06 am
"'Cuz he is," Dawson replied shortly. He couldn't begin to go into it all right now with Claude, but it was clear from his tone that he was set on this. "Chance was all mystery about it with me fer a bit fer some stupid reason, but yeah. Not like everyone don't know already. Twitter.[/]"

Snorting, he forked a piece of fruit to his mouth.

"Promise me you got better tastes, Cap'n."

Lucyal

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Lucyal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:36 am
"Have you met him?" She questioned, and not for the sake of fishing for information about Chance and his boy thing. She was well above that, but out of curiosity as to why Dawson seemed so set against him. She had the impression someone had to try really hard to have Dawson set against them...

"Ah." Twitter. The cesspool.

"Well, Dawson, it's hard to make a conclusion if I don't know what I'm comparing to." She smirked a bit, and took another bite of her sandwich.

medigel

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces