User Image
Moose: There had never been a time in Ulf's life that he was more humiliated.

In one fell swoop Toril had not only broken his heart, but she'd managed to do it in front of the entire pride. For days they had been snickering behind his back, and making snide comments to one another as he passed. The heart-broken male had tried his best to avoid being near his family, or anyone really, during this dark time. Only one face could have brought him relief, and she wanted nothing to do with him.

"Me? Be your wife? That is the stupidest idea you've had yet, Ulf. You don't even have a spine! You couldn't sire a strong cub if the Gods themselves gave one to you."

Ulf growled and swiped his claws out at a tree. Just because he wasn't what she wanted didn't meant Toril had to act that way! He just wished...well, he had always hoped she would be happy to accept. Or at least begrudgingly do it. I'm a fool.

nessiaing: Torolf was looking about for his brother. Unfortunately he had been wittness to his brothers humiliating let down as had many. He had given his brother time to sulk on his own but now it was time he got over it.

Of course Torolf was some what worried that his brother wouldn't want to see him. They had been raised with Anika's girls, Mom often minding over all of them well Anika was out Reaving. The girls were a strong bunch much like their mother. Of course Torolof's little love story with one of the daughters had turned out much better than Ulfs. None the less Torolf was out looking for his brother, no one else woud.

Moose: There was nothing more that Ulf wanted to do than to crawl into his own skin and hide. Even when his heart healed, who would want him after seeing that? It was shameful! She had ruined him!

Shaking his head on the whole ordeal, the dark lion walked a bit further before catching a familiar scent in the salty wind. Instantly his eyes widened. Why couldn't they just leave him alone? Ulf kept walking, hoping to out pace his approaching brother and thus avoid the coming conversation. He was trying to forget about all of this dammit, not relive it.

nessiaing: Torolf spotted the tell tale dark grey body and bright blue back of his brother. "I SEEEE YOU" He shouted, quickening his pace to catch up to his brother. "You can run but you can't hide your blue was always give you away." Torolf said a laugh in his voice.

"You know you don't have to hide from me... and once Mom catch wind of this all she is goig to be out and about seaching for you too." he said bumping his brothers shoulder as he made it up to his side. He studied his brother, he tried to keep his worry from his face though he knew Ulf wouldn't appreciate it at all.

Moose: Ulf didn't slow down a bit; if anything he sped up. "Just leave me alone! Get the hell away from me, Torolf!" His brother's laughter just irritated him more. What was there to joke about with all of this? His entire world was crashing down around him!

"I know I don't have to, but I want to." The indignant male called over his shoulder. Ulf hadn't even realized how much he had slowed down until his brother was nearly on top of him. For a male who normally had no issues whatsoever opening up to his brothers he was being rather hush hush about the whole thing. Who wanted to hear a male of all things moan about heart break? "Just go back and tell mom I'm okay. I'll be back in a few days...probably."

User Image
nessiaing: Torolf was shaking his head a little more wiht every word his brother said. No no this just wouldn't do. "You are not going to mope about her, and hide away from everyone. If you do you are just proving her right."

It wasn't like Torolf to talk poorly about what was basically his sister-in-law but this time it was called for she was a b***h, she could have let his brother down easier than that.

"Come on now. You want to go and be a Reaver right? So why don't you and I go and find ourselves a captain. We can leave right now put all of this behind you. By the time you come back it will all be forgotten and you will be a Reaver." Torolof was hoping this idea would spark his brothers interest. He hadn't been sure that he really wanted to be a Reaver it would mean time away from Kelda but he figured going for a viking with his brother would be fun.

Moose: "Why, because you say so?" Ulf snapped. "I don't have to prove her right; she did that just fine on her own!" His fangs were pulled back into a snarl, but Ulf's eyes were red rimmed. Before he had even straightened up he was tearing up and trying to stifle them with paw swipes.

He shook his head. "I'm not going to any Captains today. Not for a while. Whose going to want me after she...after...I look like some stupid cub and I might as well be someones Salt Wife." There was nothing more that he wanted to do than to become a Reaver. Ulf had always hoped of becoming a strong asset to Toril on her rise in power, and he had hoped she would see that favorably. She still did, just not the way he had wanted.

"When I said I wanted you by my side I meant just that; by my side. Not on top of me, nor in my den."

nessiaing: Torolf let out a sigh seeing that he wasn't going to be getting anywhere with his brother. "So whats your plan then? Hide out for a few days mope and carry on little a prissy little girl. Then come back and try to pretned like nothing has happened?" His tone was sharp, he had tried the joking approach, the supportive approach it was time for the tough love approach.

"By hididng out here crying like a girl you are showing the pride that you might as well be a Salt Wife. Pick you head up and get your a** back in the center of the pride. You are a hot commodity if Toril can't see that its her loss, there are plenty of females in this pride that would love to give you a peice of their tale. But if you don't want that then fine stay out here and be a girl."

Moose: Ulf snorted with a decisively annoyed frown. If looks could kill then his brother would be worm food. "I am not acting like a prissy girl, and I'm sure as hell not hiding. I just needed some time, but s**t, if you're going to ride me then I might as well go back. Getting back to work sounds a lot better then listening to you gripe."

Walking past his brother, Ulf stopped for a quick look over his shoulder, and then continued walking. He couldn't say it, not then, but he was glad that his brother had come. There was a side to him that really wanted to hit him in the teeth, but that's just what siblings did. Torolf was right though; he needed to get back into the game before whatever tail he could get walked off.

He needed to reinvent himself, and that started today.

nessiaing: Torolf watched his brother walk away. He did well to keep his smile of his face until his brother was no longer in sight. He was fairly confident that if Ulf turned around and saw him grinning that he would come right back here give him a swift kick to the face.

One Ulf had departed Torolf got up and headed back towards the den that he shared with Kelda. He was proud of his brother, it wouldn't be easy staying in the prides eyes right now but it was what needed to happen and he had been serious when his brother was ready he would go out on a viking with him. They could become Reavers together.