Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:54 pm
Four Fronds was a prime tourist destination for plenty of reasons—fine dining, beautiful landscapes. The Imperious Coliseum, however, was on par with the lakefront itself in terms of sheer tourism draw. It was big, shiny, government-approved entertainment. This night was no exception. The latest match had been between two psychics leading to a display of pyrotechnics that nearly melted one of the screens on the jumbotron.

Despite the fight having come to an end, the excitement was still resonating strongly throughout the crowds as they spilled out into the lobby. The front area of the coliseum roared with screamed recaps of every punch and energy blast of the last couple hours. Trolls of all colors mingled together, bonding over a shared enjoyment of competitive bloodshed. The floor was more spilled popcorn than tile from the ruckus.

Gl!tch~

LordPocky

Only Gl!tch~ and LordPocky are allowed to post in this thread.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:15 pm
BOY was he excited! The fights were exciting....hell, the fact that the two psychics had been so even in both physical prowess and pyrotechnics was amazing! He'd never seen a troll using psychic powers before, he'd of course heard about trolls with special abilities, but seeing it in person was something else entirely! It was more....focussed than he'd imagined, he though it could just POOF and happen. Man, he wished HE had some kind of special powers like that, something that he could do with his mind. Hell, if he could clean WITHOUT using his hands....that was the dream....no longer worry about getting dirty while cleaning the house....

A growl came from his lusus as the raptor nudged Miache's back with his head, moving the young troll along. He shook himself from his thoughts and kept walking, he'd stopped in the lobby to think about the match some more, but with all the bustle that wasn't the smartest idea, his lusus was right to keep him moving. "Think I can join some day?" he asked his lusus. "You know....when I'm big and strong." Sure he wasn't too keen on the gambling aspect....but he kind of liked the idea of fighting others that were just as interested in a good row, plus it was healthy for trolls to fight, an arena seemed like a perfectly healthy way for young trolls to deal with agression. Though, his lusus seemed to disagree, giving a rather noncommital growl, again nudging the little troll along.

Gl!tch~
Hivestuck

LordPocky

Cunning Codger

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:15 pm
It may have been the first time in his life that Reemus had been in a place with a smell that reminded him of his hive. How lovely. Meanwhile, the kid was almost blind from how many stars were in his eyes from the last match. He had only seen powers a couple of times in his life leading up to this, and nothing anything like the display between the two wrestlers who had just fought.

"Did you see how that one bloke picked up the other with his mind? And the big blazes n'- n'- I thought at least one of 'em would get roasted! Jeeeeeeez," Reemus sighed to his lusus with the utmost awe. Woofmum, meanwhile, was licking up popcorn off the ground. Her tail was wagging away. While it was a little too...trollian for her, what with no one trying to tear anyone's throats out or anything like that, the close-combat tussling was easier for her to understand than things like, say, television or bowling. Her charge was happy, and that's what mattered. There had been something of a slump in his usual pep after Bloodfest. His fashion show had not gone too well, and the many negative opinions at once seemed to have gotten to him.

"I gotta bring Voscil here sometime!" Reemus chirped to the howlbeast who had no way of indicating that she was listening. "Oh, man, can you imagine if one of the gladiaterriers had powers like hers? That could be cheatin', even!"

He was not really looking where he was going, either looking at the concessions (maybe there would be cupcakes somewhere around this area. Or just...sugar in general. He had grown quite fond of those snacks, and it was starting to show) or at the instant replays, or his lusus. With all the trolls around, he was making some effort to bob and weave around them, but he wasn't keeping his face forward, and swooping around a troll who had just stepped back from their group made him unable to see the blueblood right around that mess.

Before he knew it, Reemus had smacked right into the other kid pretty hard.

LordPocky
SLAM BAM THANK YA MA'- oh s**t

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:54 pm
"OOF!" Miache let out a rather undignified grunt as he was bowled into his lusus (Thankfully protecting him from the filthy ground). He huffed, immediately brushing himself off of any invisable dust that MAY have landed from contact with another troll. Thankfully his lusus was already preening his hair, raking his claws through it the put every strand back in perfect order. He really did have the best lusus.

When Miache finally finished righting himself he finally acknowledged the other troll, immediately scrunching his nose in distaste of the mustardblood. Figured. He'd never met a more noble blood colour so clumsy as to walk into someone else. Though....he was aware that without his lusus' prompting he may've done the same. He took a few moments to survey the other troll, from his horrible souvenir shirt to his ripped pants. Clearly he didn't put nearly as much care into his attire as OTHER trolls did. He'd met other trolls, even lower bloods that had a little fashion sense, but this was simply a travesty. Did he have absolutely NO self respect?!

"Well..." he began, voice rather stiff. He suddenly felt the urge to take a steaming hot shower, but there were none available, he could wait he decided. It wasn't like he'd hit the ground after all. "You REALLY should watch where you're going, " he finished somewhat lamely, eyes narrowed sharply at the scruffy mess.

Gl!tch~

LordPocky

Cunning Codger

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:33 pm
With a noise of surprise, the yellowblood flopped back into the popcorn-laden floor. He heard his head crack as he landed, though the overall sound otherwise was a large WHUMP. "Ow..." His fluffy lusus was quickly on the scene to help him up, snuffling at Reemus to make sure he was okay. Still kind of dazed, he used Gillian to get to his feet, first two hands on her flanks, then one while he rubbed his head. There was a dull buzzing between his horns. That floor was hard. He couldn't see the popcorn sticking in his hair. "S-sorry, mate. Got a li'l thrown off course-" He stopped when he got a good look at the other troll.

It wasn't the voice that got to him, though it should have tipped him off. The sight of a well-dressed, ticked highblood, however, made his blood-pushed sink. A blueblood. What was with these guys and the fashion sense and the snooty tone? But Reemus didn't get to contemplate that long, or even wrinkle his nose. His fear programming caught up to him, and he fell right back on the floor, belly up. "Y-yes, sir! I won't be no trouble." As long as the other bloke didn't have a fit or start calling the puppy kid names...

LordPocky

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:44 pm
Sir? Since when was he a sir? They were the same age and Miache held no ranking position. His face scrunched further in confusion, oblivious as to why he suddenly inspired fear. He was fairly tolerant of the lower class....so long as they didn't get him dirty. The sight of a prostrated lowblood also threw him for a loop. This wasn't normal behaviour, was it? It made him uncomfortable seeing someone roll around in the dirt like some filthy animal. Not only was it unhygienic, it just seemed to further destroy one's self respect. Did lowbloods have NO decency? Though.....a yellowblood really should be better than that, right?

Miache exchanged a glance with his lusus and nodded, waiting for the raptor to very gingerly n** the baggy shirt and pull the mustardblood upwards. "Uh.......happens....I guess?" he demurred, still baffled by the overreaction. "No reason to go rolling around on the dirty floor and make yourself look worse." Would it be too forward to offer to sort him out a little? Maybe knock some popcorn out of his hair or off his clothes? Maybe at least remove the gum from his tacky shirt? The sight of such disrepair made him increasingly uncomfortable, and he could tell his lusus felt the same. Instead he took a half step back, unable to decide if he should clean up the troll or if he should just walk away.

Gl!tch~

LordPocky

Cunning Codger

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:42 pm
”Feh! What’s this! Two yellow-bellies for the price of one?” A low voice rumbled from above Miache.

A tall male troll stood, surveying the pair just behind Miache. He was clearly an adult, but his face seemed ragged more from combat and poor disposition more so than simply the passage of time. His body was dressed immaculately in a pressed suit that did little to hide the muscled bulk beneath. Aside from his face, only his hands were visible—scarred over many times and decorated with gold rings. What’s more, he was an indigoblood, pressing very closely into purple territory.

His visage doubled briefly as an advertisement for an upcoming fight flashed on one of the monitors behind him. Machia Sphair, a professional fighter scheduled for a match the following night. The advert showed him lunging for his opponent bare-fisted in light combat armor and a pair of spiked greaves. His expression appeared about as intense in violent promotional artwork as it did in real life.

The monitor flashed away to an advertisement for the coliseum’s concessions stand. Machia continued to stare down at the children, unamused.

”You gonna let some pusblood mock you with this dogshit? Get up this instant, kid, you ain’t no animal. Lowblood or not, you’re a troll so you better damn well act like it. You’re embarrasin’ everyone.” Machia’s eyes flicked to Miache. ”You most of all. Slow children with poor upbringings aren’t going to learn anything if they don’t have their superiors’ guidance. Your subordinates speak to your character, son. And what do you think this one is saying..?”

Machia ended his question slowly and purposefully. He was waiting patiently for an answer. A correct answer.

LordPocky

Gl!tch~

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:18 pm
Gillian watched with a low growl as the other troll's lusus reached down for her charge. She snapped at him to step off, not willing to risk some overgrown lizard biting Reemus's head off. She had a responsibility to keep the child safe, and this was part of it. She made no effort to harm the other lusus, though, just trying to let him know that this was her charge and no other wild beast could touch him.

Reemus pawed at the howlbeast in the meantime. While it was an effort to calm her down, all it did was remind her that he was still on the floor. In Raptordad's stead, she grabbed Reemus by the collar and get him on his feet.

Reemus was surprised to hear what the blueblood said to him. He was...dismissing the whole affair? It was okay? Make yourself look worse... Huh? Oh. Maybe he wasn't as presentable as he thought. Again. Like Fashion show all over again. Or just those highblood standards that had given him a hard time before. But he was trying so hard to look okay! His clothes had a habit of getting destroyed for one reason or another, and this shirt was doing so well. It had been, anyway. Before he had started to grow again. Nothing seemed to fit like it used to....

But before Woofmum could even lift the freckled child up, a new character came into the scene, towering over them. Seeing an indigoblood made Reemus want to fall right back down on reflex, if not hide under his lusus. Two highbloods in one day? And one who was absolutely terrifying? At the order, at the mean, cut-throat attitude, Reemus tried scrambling to his feet, which just made him bap the back of his head into Woofmum's snout. He yelped and held his head, looking up in total fear. But he had to get up. Trembling, Reemus got to his feet with the assistance of his lusus. He held onto her while Miache was chewed out.

The words didn't make sense, Reemus realized once he got to process them over the sound of his bloodpusher. He wasn't mocking anyone! He'd never-! "I-I was just sayin' I was sorry!" Reemus peeped. "Honest! 'M sorry I didn't do it right! I-I'll do it again the right way!" Whatever way that could be. If words and demeanor weren't enough, then what would be?

As respectful as Woofmum tried to be of other trolls, especially those with any sort of power over her charge, she had never felt Reemus be so afraid while socializing. Now, she was giving Machia a low grumble, a protective mother howlbeast who didn't like someone so large scaring a defenseless child.

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

LordPocky

Cunning Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:30 pm
Miache's eyes wandered curiously up to the voice behind him. Sneaking up behind someone....cowardly. He didn't like the adult already. He had to admit a certain admiration to how snappy a dresser the other troll was. He dressed in a manner and had a physique Miache hoped to have himself some day, he wanted to stand in the ring just as tall and muscular as anyone else! Though.....the scars bothered him. They looked so ragged and slopped under such a fine suit....maybe he could suggest a lovely pair of gloves, that would be more aesthetically pleasing with a suit!

It took a moment before the words actually started to register in his mind, his thoughts taken up by judging the elder troll's state. Mock? He was being mocked? Miache knew he was fairly thick-headed when it came to others insulting him....but that didn't look like what the musta--no....the yellow blood, was trying to do. Suddenly using hemo-related slurs felt different...maybe it was the calling him a pus blood? The term was so vile he wavered slightly. "Subordinates....I don't have any subordinates. As of yet I have not acquired any ranking sufficient to take on wards of my own. Nor have I any prestige to have inspired followers." The idea of demanding a lower caste's loyalty without doing anything to earn it wasn't right. Miache was capable of great things, he was pretty all around amazing, the idea that he had to force his amazing on others was simply unthinkable!

His eyes wandered to the yellow blood in confusion. Was he supposed to properly scold someone of lower caste than himself? He didn't like the idea of hurting someone that wasn't looking for a fight...a mutual brawl, sure, that sounded like GREAT fun (so long as he didn't get dirty). But beating someone up or harassing them when they just laid down and took it? Was that fun? Was it supposed to be good? ".....was he mocking me?" he asked as an afterthought, "looked more like he was...." he paused, look of confusion evident on his features "well I dunno....." he finished lamely.

Gl!tch~

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:39 pm
Machia didn’t pay Reemus any mind. He could see his point had been made there. Kid certainly had the right attitude, if nothing else. The little blueblood was a more pressing issue.

”Son… Are you drinking the sopor?” Machia’s expression was so grim it was difficult to tell if he was actually just making a joke. ”I’m asking because your lusus has clearly done you a damn disservice in your schoolfeeding. Shameful.” Machia spared Miache’s lusus a dark glance of disapproval, but quickly turned back to Miache. There was some serious work that needed to be done there.

”In case you hadn’t noticed, you’re a blueblood. Your rank is that of a superior to a good eighty-percent of the population. Hemospectrum 101, you cloudy fool. It's your damn hatchright to lead the lowbloods of Alternia, and it's existed in your veins since the night the mothergrub birthed your egg sac. Don't go telling me you're disregarding the hemospectrum because you're just not feeling it. Leadership is a responsibility, boy--one not even the damned clowns scrimp on. If a highblood ain't going to be a leader, he may as well be some nameless, rustblooded cullfodder.”

Machia’s eyes flicked back to Reemus and his lusus. The growls of Woofmum didn’t phase Machia in the least. He turned his attention back to Miache, pointedly ignoring the both of them.

”Now tell me, is that what you are?”

LordPocky

Gl!tch~

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

LordPocky

Cunning Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:39 am
The insults thrown around seemed to not phase the raptor, instead Miache's lusus looked more bothered by the mess, perhaps a small indication of Miache's own priorities. Somehow he'd always seen himself as yes, better than lowbloods OBVIOUSLY.....but he didn't think he needed to punish them for it. Was he supposed to be a complete jerk to a stranger just to prove his superiority? Did that make him supirior? His brows creased as he thought in silence, taking a few moments to respond to the highblood. Clearly the indigo was impatient and agitated, but Miache did tend to like to think about his point and making it clear that his case was the correct one.

"Obviously my lusus did a proper job raising me,"
he huffed, clearly at least a little stung by the barb thrown at his beloved lusus, "had he not I might look more like you." Of course, his mind was still on those scarred hands and face. His lusus had taught him words had as much power as physical force....maybe not in so many words and maybe more in the form of returning home with countless books, but the message his lusus presented was clear. "A role of leadership, when I have truly EARNED one with my own accolades, will not be spent shirking and degrading comrades and subordinates!" he huffed, nettled by how Machia seemed to tarnish what SHOULD be a position of honour and pride. Miache wanted to lead, sure....but he wanted his followers to respect him for what HE had done....not others of his caste. Riding on someone else's coattails wasn't what a TRUE gentletroll and true leader did.

Miache hardened his stare and stepped in front of the nameless yellowblood, maybe he was supposed to hit him to prove his superiority....but he couldn't see himself respecting someone that had hurt HIM or his lusus. He was somewhat relieved the highblood's attention was on him....he hated how he kept shifting his eyes to the already terrified troll. Man was his lusus going to be mad that he was goading on the highblood by wanting to protect the other kid rather than hit him.... "I'm no 'cullfodder', but I won't be like you. I'll find my OWN path!" he hissed, shoulders haunched.

Gl!tch~

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:30 pm
Machia gave Miache a look of utter disbelief. What a shame all the sense of these children seemed to have gone to the lowblood. Machia barely understood the insult. What self-respecting Alternian held disdain for scars? They were symbols of a life of struggle and victory. Machia was not one to skate by on his highblooded status in conflict. He enforced it. It was something this brat didn’t seem to realize despite overwhelming evidence.

One, very slow blink later, Machia was through watching Miache try to take a stand for his wishy-washy beliefs. Time to talk to someone reasonable.

”You.” He nodded at Reemus. As always, Machia’s voice was sharp, but he was decidedly less intense than he’d been when speaking to Miache. ”Tell me—as a lowblood, what do you look for in a leader?”

Machia waited with a surprising air of calm about him. This yellow kid was clearly terrified. He wasn’t going to say anything worthwhile if he was too busy trying not to piss himself. That obviously wasn’t what Machia was after.

Gl!tch~

LordPocky

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:46 pm
He had been mostly ignored, for the time being, despite being the cause of the ruckus to begin with. Reemus felt very, very small. Despite that, he watched the back and forth between the highbloods with intrigue even though his legs were wobbly under the pressure. The blueblood had been very brave, talking to the superior like he did. Reemus wished he could be brave like that. The other kid didn't buckle or even look scared once. Was it a highblood thing, or was he just bold?

The things the purpleblood said though...he didn't understand. The seasoned fighter spoke of leading. What, exactly, did he mean in regards to Reemus's accident? There was an apology, and an attempt to make up for screwing that up in the eyes of this guy. What kind of 'leadership' had anything to do with that? It was such a small, small thing he was getting so huffy about...

As Reemus was processing these things and making his own opinions, the purpleblood turned to him. Suddenly he was relevant to the conversation again. It happened so quickly, it caught him completely off-guard. "W-what? Oh..." He scratched the back of his head, thinking. "Jeez, uh. W-well, if anyone were t' lead me I-I guess, I'd want 'em to be brave n' know when t' fight n' knock people around but! A leader's gotta be fair to their pack, er, team, too! Cuz no one just wants to be up 'n arms n' get beat up all the time..." Wasn't it the point of a good group to get along and help each other?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:26 pm
Miache flushed a little, irked that suddenly the yellowblood was the center of attention, it only made him want to protect the other kid all the more. He didn't like that the highblood was suddenly paying him more attention. He wondered if maybe he could get the kid's lusus' attention to drag him away from the highblood, Miache got the feeling that he didn't give the right answer to protect him from assault. Though....he had to admit that he liked the way the kid talked, he spoke of a PROPER leader. Someone that WAS bold and strong, someone that knew when to pick his fights (Something Miache hadn't yet learned), someone that would INSPIRE his comrades! Not someone that would kick and scream and throw a fit if he wasn't listened to. So what, the highblood would just pummel anyone that didn't follow orders well enough?

The small blueblood puffed his chest and smirked. "Well, you heard him! And you don't sound like the 'leader' he's looking for." He immediately bit his tongue and scrunched his face. That was a dumb thing to say.....why was he antagonizing the highblood that was already angry? And even worse.....why was he pointing attention AT the lowblood? That was the opposite of what he wanted to do! Maybe he could get the other kid to just leave....or even just be excused by the highblood. Would he have to draw even more attention to himself though? He wasn't sure if it was such a great idea considering just how much the highblood already seemed to dislike him. "This seems a bit above his head. Really, his lusus SHOULD just escort him out of here," he said in his most pompous tone, just hoping that would be enough to incite the others' lusus to act.

Gl!tch~

LordPocky

Cunning Codger

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:38 pm
Machia nodded at Reemus. A fair answer. Naïve, but fair. He couldn’t have expected a lowblooded child to do much mental heavy lifting considering the state he was in.

That short diversion was all it took for Miache to start clamoring for Machia’s attention again, it seemed. Machia smirked. The blueblooded kid was attempting to turn the conversation in order to get what he wanted—for the lowblood to leave. It was an admirable effort, but hardly enough to get results.

”The only one missing the point here is you, kid.” Machia lifted an eyebrow at Miache.

”The point is that neither of you get a choice in the matter. You’re the leader, and you,” Machia pointed his gaze at Reemus. He wasn’t about to let him exit the conversation that easily. ”Are the follower. Your options are to either one: suck it up and play your parts. Or two: stay out of the way while someone better suited takes the reigns. And for the love of the Empress, have some goddamn dignity. A weak follower is useless, but a weak leader just makes things… messy.” Machia flexed his scarred hands, causing his rings to glitter. ”No one is spared. If you’re not willing to call your inferiors out on their s**t, they’re never going to change and society falls apart.”

The core of the hemospectrum was order. However, the hemospectrum could only do so much on its own. The system required dedication to function efficiently. The Alternian Empire didn’t conquer galaxies with a soft touch.

”Be grateful you’re learning this lesson now and not on the battlefield. Now tell him, blueblood. Use your blood-given leadership and tell him how to fix what’s wrong.”

”Lowblood, listen up!” Machia called to make sure Reemus knew he was about to be in the spotlight again.

Gl!tch~

LordPocky

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas