Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Likno Tis Zois Lands [IC]
[LOG] Napping is for Old People (Lari/Sandalphon)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:18 pm
Velveteen Angel
Lari was feeling old. Her cubs, her third litter, were now adults. She was a grandmother from Ili’ella, but thankfully no others that she knew of, but Giz had found females, so she was sure that there would be grandcubs from them eventually. She was proud of her cubs, they had all grown up beautifully but the idea of them having their own cubs…well that was terrifying. The young-at-heart female hated the idea of getting older, but she could feel her body aging every day, her muscles becoming weaker and her bones creaking just a bit more. Aging was one of her worst fears. She was just grateful for Aij and Sandalphon, for they kept her young.

She moved slowly through the pride, back to her den. She was definitely not sneaking back to the den for a mid-afternoon nap. That was what old people did. She was young, and vibrant. She yawned as she drew closer to the den.

Painted Moose
There was something about waking up in the middle of the night with a splitting migraine that eliminated all possibilities of a productive day. Sandalphon had tried to take a walk on the border to clear his head in the early morning hours, far beyond when his mates had woken, but it hadn’t eased the tension. There had been a few snippets of forced work before the grey lion had simply given up for the day. No one was back in the den; not at this time of day, anyway. All of the cubs were grown with work of their own, so who would be there to notice if he had a little nap?

Of course he hadn’t planned on being asleep for as long as he had been. In truth, Sandalphon was still stretched on his side when he saw the approaching figure of his lady love. He gave her a lazy smile. “Short day?”

Velveteen Angel
Lari felt better when she spotted Sandalphon sneaking in a short nap as well, and offered him a warm smile. She felt happy with her mates; there was something so comforting about knowing that she had two males who would protect and love her, even as she aged. “I thought I would come back and keep you company,” she lied, excusing her presence back at the den. She had no idea he was at the den, but it gave her a good excuse for a lie-down, while pretending to be a doting mate.

She walked over to him, and lowered herself graceful next to him at a comfortable distance where she could nuzzle his cheek affectionately. “Are you feeling alright?” She asked warmly.

Painted Moose
There was a little knowing tilt to his grin, but Sandalphon didn't question it on her. Lari's age wasn't a lost factor to him. He tried to be as accommodating as he could be without saying too much about it. After all, age was only how one felt, and Lari had enough energy for a young adolescent. Somedays he couldn't keep up with her!

He nuzzled the tuft of mane on the top of her head before drawing her closer with a paw. "Bad night." Sandalphon shrugged. It wasn't so unusual for him to be woken up with some dream or another, though the majority of the time he was able to walk it off the next day. "It's looking like a good day, though. I wasn't expecting to see you until later, but I'm not complaining. This is nice."

Velveteen Angel
Lari enjoyed the physical closeness of Sandalphon, she knew that she didn’t spend as much time with him as she wanted to, or that he probably deserved, but that was the good thing about harems. It wasn’t up to her and her alone to make him happy, there was a third member of their group that could keep him happy while Lari was absent. “Well I’m glad that your day is improving at least,” she said comforting, and offered him a grin. “Oh it better be nice to see him!” She huffed. “Else you and I would have some talking to do!” She pawed at him playfully, though she was gentle about it. She wasn’t sure if ‘bad night’ equated to ‘blinding pain in skull’, so she didn’t want to push him too bad and hurt him.

He was her mate, she didn’t want to break him…but that didn’t mean she wasn’t going to mess with him.

Painted Moose
The rare moments that he spent with his mates away from the cubs were precious few. As of late he had spent more time with Aji than anyone, which was something of a small wonder. The male had Sandalphon utterly wrapped around his paw, but that wasn't to say that Lari didn't have her claim as well. If anything, spending time with Aji taught him certain techniques that he could show Lari as well...

Sandalphon chuckled and pawed her back with mock huff of his own. "Now I'm not so sure! It seems my lovely, enchanting mate has been replaced with a chuffing badger. Have you seen her, Miss Badger?" He was tired, exhausted even, but the pain for the most part had left him. Sure he wouldn't be running after his sons when they chose to play their games, but he also wasn't an invalid.

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:49 pm

Lari gasped dramatically, her pale eyes widening very large before they narrowed in a fake-anger that was so over the top that it was clearly just her having fun with the winged male. "Ohhhhh, you are so cruel to me Sandal!" She gasped, pawing at him gently, careful not to hurt him with her claws or push him too much really.

"Perhaps I should find another mate," she sniffed dramatically. "Someone who treats me right, and doesn't call me such awful names like badger!" She fluttered her eyelashes and sighed. "Oooh, he would be big and strong, and treat me right." She winked playfully at him.

Painted Moose

Velveteen Angel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:47 am
Velveteen Angel

Sandalphon couldn't help bursting out with laughter at her antics. His deep voice echoed in the den, and would surely carry to the outside world. "Sounds as if you're mind is set, my love, but-" Grinning, he wrapped his paws around her and pulled Lari on top of himself as he rolled onto his back. "-who says I'm going to let you find him, hmm? I can be very possessive, you know." He couldn't even fake a stern look at this point. "A big strong male who treats you right...hmm, wherever would you find one? Sounds like a hard find. And one that doesn't call you badger? Impossible!"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:52 pm

Lari giggled like she was a young adult again as he pulled her atop him and gazed down at him with a fond expression. She knew that things were rough at times, and she knew her family was messy, but she liked it. This, right here, was her happiness. "Just you wait, Mister!" She warned him dramatically, leaning down to bump noses with him, a broad smile on her face. "I'll replace you in seconds, you better be careful." The look on her face said that she wasn't going to be doing anything of the sort.

Lari was surprised that she was actually...happy...finally. It felt like it had taken her years to achieve this, but she had it, and she was not going to let it go now.

Painted Moose

Velveteen Angel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:36 pm
Velveteen Angel
Fin!

He reached up to press his cheek against hers and on the way back down brushed his nose against Lari's. It was wonderful being so well loved. There were times that he could remember so much hate in his heart, and although he couldn't place the ache it had been soothed by their love. This was the only life he wanted to remember; the only one that mattered.

"I'll have to remember that." Sandalphon grinned. Looking into her eyes was like looking into Lari's heart, and he was overjoyed to know he had a place there. He held her as close as he dared without harming her. These were the days he wanted to cherish.

Earlier all he had wanted to do was nap, but that was for the elderly who had given up on youthful activities. He had no desire to nap now, and all Sandalphon could do was to hope that Aji had a long, long day at work.

[IC] Likno Tis Zois Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games