Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
What is your story?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Toxic Masochism

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:56 pm
What you identify as?
Coming out story?
How you knew?
Etc.
These are just examples but you got what I mean I hope c:  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:00 pm
I always was classified as gay, but I am starting to think I am more homoromantic. Long story short I most definitely like men, but the naughty parts are just mundane to me. I am more interested in love and compassion. Anyways, I have always known i have liked men and never hid it. sweatdrop and yeah.  

Toxic Masochism

TigerLilyChick

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:40 pm
I identify as bisexual.

I could take time to type an entire story, but I'm only out to online friends and three friends from college. I came out to one of them (a lesbian) after coming back from a night out of LGBT nightlife, I came out to another (a pansexual trans man) after an LGBTQIA club meeting, and I came out to the last one (my bisexual ex-boyfriend) in the living room to his on-campus apartment. Yeah, I only came out to LGBT friends since I know how my straight friends would react.

How did I know? Well I only realized my bisexuality last year. I liked a girl during my sophomore year, but didn't like another girl again until my senior year when I liked other girls too. Since I didn't start liking girls until college, I was scared to come out in case anyone thought it was just a college thing (since there are people labeled as lesbian until graduation or bisexual until graduation).  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:21 pm
I identify as lesbian, and yes I'm a girl using a male avi so that'll end the confusion. I don't really use terms though, I just like what I like, which is basically only girls.

My coming out story is kind of complicated unless you know my background. So my mom dated this guy on and off throughout most of my life, and the guy was like a father to me since my real dad was never there. When I got my first serious girlfriend, he was the only one I told. I told my mom I had met her at a track meet. Anyways, a few months in and my girlfriend asked me to go to her prom (she lived kind of far away) and of course I said yes. I told my "dad" but he refused to let me go so far away unless I told my mom the truth. We argued back and forth one night outside of my house until my mom finally came home. It was so awkward, I couldn't even get the words out. She jumped to conclusions and thought I was trying to say I was pregnant, which I almost laughed at. But I finally got the guts and told her I didn't like boys. Needless to say she ignored me for two weeks. It's been about 5 years since then and everything's ok now with my family about me being gay. I broke up with my girlfriend a few months after I came out, had another serious girlfriend for about 3 years, and now I'm living the single life; which I'm very happy about because my last girlfriend was really controlling.

But yeah that's my coming out story. I think I always knew I was at least interested in girls more than boys since Kindergarten. I had this infatuation with this girl in my grade all the way up till 6th grade when I moved away. I've just always enjoyed girls both physically and emotionally more than boys.  

TayoSensei

Noizless

Deathly Prophet

15,125 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:48 pm
I am bisexual. Slash still questioning. I think I might actually be asexual. And wanting to identify as a male. That last part is still up in the air.

I found out when I was 14 yo. Something just one day clicked as I started realizing I was attracted to girls as well as guys. Been gay (or bisexual) since. My mom says it might have something to do with something that happened when I was 10 yo, though.

I don't really have a coming out story because my mom confronted me about it. I told her I believed I was bisexual and she was really accepting about it. I love my mom and she is my support. <3 My stepdad, though, said he would disown any child of his that was gay. Before me, my older stepsister had come out that she was lesbian and she is still accepted in our family. And I am as well. When I told my extremely religious grandmother, she said she was very disappointed in my choices and then swept it under the rug and pretended I was "normal". I still haven't told my biological father and don't know where to begin.

I love being me and my gay self. <3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:17 am
I'm a demisexual agender with demiromantic inclinations towards those of the opposite sex, the p***s-bearers.

I don't really have some major coming out story or anything like that, because whenever I tell somebody what I am it always feels more like I'm explaining myself instead of "coming out." How many people have heard of well... Any of those? Plenty in the LGBTQ+ community haven't heard of the intricacies involving aces and non-sexual attraction. And it's not like I'm "gay" either (meant as an umbrella term for those whose romantic/sexual attraction extends to that of non-opposite sexed/gendered persons), in fact on the surface I easily pass as just another regular ol' straight person. For both aspects of my queerness I didn't even realize there was a term for them, I just figured I was weird and had accepted that as a fact of life up until my senior year of High School. That's when my school's GSA (which I'd been a member of all 4 years) taught us about asexuality for Asexuality Awareness Week, and I didn't learn about agender until it was brought up somewhere in the internet and a lightbulb kind of flashed in my head.

Okay, now's where I tell you how I'd been questioning my sexuality and gender identity for years prior to this ever happening, even though I'd accepted my weirdness as fact. For demisexuality, I went through a period freshman year of questioning whether I was asexual or not, but since it didn't truly describe me I dismissed it and figured I was weird. As for my agender-ness I've known for as long as I understood the concept of gender roles and gender and stuff that I was different from the other girls in class. It's hard to explain, but I never liked being told to do something just "because you're a girl" but I also hated it when people called me a boy for doing something "boyish". I went by the term "tomboy" for years, and I played with hot wheels dinosaurs (personally, I feel that dinosaurs are gender-neutral but others disagree), MLP, Littlest Pet Shop, Pokemon, Beybladers... (To be honest, I really only played with MLP and LPS because they were animals and I love animals so much). Dad says I played tea party as a little kid, which I think is just adorable. I was never one to stick to toys or playmates of one particular "gender stereotype" because well damn it I liked what I liked. I never truly associated myself with either the boys or the girls in my class, and admittedly there were many occassions where I disassociated from the girls in class altogether and I preferred to play with the boys. I didn't want to be treated as "the token girl" I just wanted to play with the kids I thought were more fun. I've always thought it silly that people did things "because they're a boy/girl/whatever", and it's always confused me how others could justify that stance. When it comes to clothing my mother (early on in childhood, she gave up after a few years) had to force me into dresses, skirts, anything girly for pictures. I've always preferred "masculine" clothing, especially as a child when I was unable to comprehend the idea of androgyny (or, "I really don't give a s**t just let me wear what I'm comfortable with") and in an attempt to not be forced into gender conformity I would reject any femininity in my outfit choices. I was always uncomfortable being forced to gender conform because I never associated myself with my birth-assigned gender (Something that I did understand even at a young age, even if I didn't comprehend the idea of being gender-neutral). As an adult and before I knew what gender neutrality/agender is, I was extremely uncomfortable with being forced to gender conform, you know, since I didn't associate myself with others of my birth-assigned gender. Because I didn't identify as male, I shrugged it off and thought I was just a tomboy who didn't "grow out of it" like I've always been told I would. Same thing with demisexuality, without having a term to go with I've always been told that my lack-of-interest in p***s-bearers is "just a phase" and "you'll grow out of it" which seriously annoys the hell out of me.

It's really strange describing my growing up because so many could pass off my feelings of disassociation, non-comformity, sometimes even complete rejection of femininity so I could be treated as a "real tomboy" by society (because god-forbid the "tomboy" does ANYTHING effeminate like be scared of bees or like playing with my ponies), and the actions I did as a result thereof, etc., as "just a phase". Now as an adult who better understands myself, I'm happy to express myself in the way that I have always wanted to without fear of social pressures to fit perfectly in some nice little box. Even my own mother, after I explained myself to her, was all, "Oh... That makes sense. Yeah I already knew this without knowing the terms." Hey, mom knows, she always knows. o.o  

Dogdemon_5

Omnipresent Heckler

11,925 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Toxic Masochism

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:28 am
Dogdemon_5
I'm a demisexual agender with demiromantic inclinations towards those of the opposite sex, the p***s-bearers.

I don't really have some major coming out story or anything like that, because whenever I tell somebody what I am it always feels more like I'm explaining myself instead of "coming out." How many people have heard of well... Any of those? Plenty in the LGBTQ+ community haven't heard of the intricacies involving aces and non-sexual attraction. And it's not like I'm "gay" either (meant as an umbrella term for those whose romantic/sexual attraction extends to that of non-opposite sexed/gendered persons), in fact on the surface I easily pass as just another regular ol' straight person. For both aspects of my queerness I didn't even realize there was a term for them, I just figured I was weird and had accepted that as a fact of life up until my senior year of High School. That's when my school's GSA (which I'd been a member of all 4 years) taught us about asexuality for Asexuality Awareness Week, and I didn't learn about agender until it was brought up somewhere in the internet and a lightbulb kind of flashed in my head.

Okay, now's where I tell you how I'd been questioning my sexuality and gender identity for years prior to this ever happening, even though I'd accepted my weirdness as fact. For demisexuality, I went through a period freshman year of questioning whether I was asexual or not, but since it didn't truly describe me I dismissed it and figured I was weird. As for my agender-ness I've known for as long as I understood the concept of gender roles and gender and stuff that I was different from the other girls in class. It's hard to explain, but I never liked being told to do something just "because you're a girl" but I also hated it when people called me a boy for doing something "boyish". I went by the term "tomboy" for years, and I played with hot wheels dinosaurs (personally, I feel that dinosaurs are gender-neutral but others disagree), MLP, Littlest Pet Shop, Pokemon, Beybladers... (To be honest, I really only played with MLP and LPS because they were animals and I love animals so much). Dad says I played tea party as a little kid, which I think is just adorable. I was never one to stick to toys or playmates of one particular "gender stereotype" because well damn it I liked what I liked. I never truly associated myself with either the boys or the girls in my class, and admittedly there were many occassions where I disassociated from the girls in class altogether and I preferred to play with the boys. I didn't want to be treated as "the token girl" I just wanted to play with the kids I thought were more fun. I've always thought it silly that people did things "because they're a boy/girl/whatever", and it's always confused me how others could justify that stance. When it comes to clothing my mother (early on in childhood, she gave up after a few years) had to force me into dresses, skirts, anything girly for pictures. I've always preferred "masculine" clothing, especially as a child when I was unable to comprehend the idea of androgyny (or, "I really don't give a s**t just let me wear what I'm comfortable with") and in an attempt to not be forced into gender conformity I would reject any femininity in my outfit choices. I was always uncomfortable being forced to gender conform because I never associated myself with my birth-assigned gender (Something that I did understand even at a young age, even if I didn't comprehend the idea of being gender-neutral). As an adult and before I knew what gender neutrality/agender is, I was extremely uncomfortable with being forced to gender conform, you know, since I didn't associate myself with others of my birth-assigned gender. Because I didn't identify as male, I shrugged it off and thought I was just a tomboy who didn't "grow out of it" like I've always been told I would. Same thing with demisexuality, without having a term to go with I've always been told that my lack-of-interest in p***s-bearers is "just a phase" and "you'll grow out of it" which seriously annoys the hell out of me.

It's really strange describing my growing up because so many could pass off my feelings of disassociation, non-comformity, sometimes even complete rejection of femininity so I could be treated as a "real tomboy" by society (because god-forbid the "tomboy" does ANYTHING effeminate like be scared of bees or like playing with my ponies), and the actions I did as a result thereof, etc., as "just a phase". Now as an adult who better understands myself, I'm happy to express myself in the way that I have always wanted to without fear of social pressures to fit perfectly in some nice little box. Even my own mother, after I explained myself to her, was all, "Oh... That makes sense. Yeah I already knew this without knowing the terms." Hey, mom knows, she always knows. o.o

oh my , my brain died  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:35 am
BabyGenocide
Dogdemon_5

oh my , my brain died

Was that too much? I sowwy, never tried telling my story before.  

Dogdemon_5

Omnipresent Heckler

11,925 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Toxic Masochism

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:40 am
Dogdemon_5
BabyGenocide
Dogdemon_5

oh my , my brain died

Was that too much? I sowwy, never tried telling my story before.

its okay its just its past midnight so my brain succumbed to death by words XD  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games