.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Iknimaya Lands [IC]
[PRP] Friendly Sparring (Hawnu x P'xan)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
SilverLutz rolled 5 6-sided dice: 3, 2, 3, 5, 3 Total: 16 (5-30)

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:11 pm
User Image

Hawnu followed his nephew to a clearing where they could spar. He hadn't needed to fight anyone or anything in a while so he hoped his skills weren't too rusty. He wasn't an old lion by any means, but he was always wary of the younger lions that roamed around. Some of them had a lot of energy and liked to get a little rough.

"All right, little nephew," he said with a grin as he turned to face the other lion. "Real friend, right? No claws or teeth, just strength and speed!" He lowered his head and wiggled his rump like a cub. "And when you give up, just say 'uncle'!" he added with a little bark of laughter. Oh, he had jokes, yes he did. Why couldn't be like this in front of the ladies? Ugh.

AstoriaFallen
I figure we can roll kinda like the Ela, roll 5 6 sided die, 1 is a miss, 2-3 is half, 4-5 is full, 6 is double. Just so we have some way to steer the rp! biggrin

AstoriaFallen rolled 5 6-sided dice: 2, 5, 4, 5, 5 Total: 21 (5-30)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:10 am
SilverLutz
Oh ok. So a double would be like, you attack and hit then do a second attack and hit again? I've never honestly spared before lol.

User Image
He came to a good spot in the center and turned to face his uncle and nodded to the rules. "Those sound like admiral rules to me." He said and then laughed at his play on words. "I'll put that at the top of my to say list." He said with a wink as he prepared himself for the sparring. "Care to go first? Age before beauty afterall." He gave him a cheesy grin and rolled his shoulders slightly as he waited for his Uncle to begin.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:10 am
Hawnu had to laugh as Pxan teased him a bit. "Oh, you'd better watch out for that little comment," he said, grinning at his nephew before taking the initiive. He didn't want this to be a painful sparring match, of course. He just wanted to let out some energy and make sure that his nephew would be all right in a fight.

He pounced forward with a loud roar to startle him more than anything one paw coming up to swipe at his shoulder. He kept his claws in, of course, but the blow was glancing and light. He wanted to see if he could make the younger lion jump back in surprise.

AstoriaFallen
Yikes, lost the post! Sorry this took so long! And a double would just mean it was a super critical hit, but I don't think any of us rolled a 6 so you're good XD 1 means the attack misses, 2-3 means it's a light hit (like how I did in this post), 4-5 means it's a normal hit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:37 am
SilverLutz
No worries. I've not had the muse to respond back XD Is this okay? I added his second attack to it and striked it out below.

He laughed at his Uncles comeback to his joke, "Oh yea? What are YOU going to do about it?" He said with a twinkle in his eye as Hawnu pounced and struck at his shoulder and landed a light hit. He, instead of jump back countered with a return swipe, aiming for his opposite shoulder. He felt his paw land a light blow against it and he ducked and rolled to the side and pounced at Hawnus hind legs to knock him slightly off balance and connected with his knees. "I do say, you still have quite some fight in you." He said warmly, the joke being aimed at his age.

He was very happy that they were able to do this, it had been a while since he had spared with someone and even longer still that he had gotten to spend time with his relatives besides his siblings. It was definitely a good time for him thus far and he was very much enjoying this.

2, 5, 4, 5, 5  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:41 am
Hawnu snickered softly as his nephew complimented him on his energy. He wasn't that old! There wasn't a hint of grey in his mane! He knew P'xan was just teasing him, of course, and he retaliated with a little bop on his nose. Enough to sting, not nearly enough to really hurt.

"That's what you get for teasing your ol' uncle, you little punk," he said with a grin as he danced away. "I've got more than enough vim and vigor to kick your butt from here to the savanna."

He wanted to rile P'xan up a little bit and hoped the good-natured teasing would do just that.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:38 pm
SilverLutz
For whatever reason, I had thought we'd finished this ;; We can wrap it up soon smile

A small pop to the nose caused the younger male's eyes to water up slightly, Rubbing his nose with his paw he chased after his uncle with renewed vigor to show him that while he was young he could hold his own against a seasoned veteran.

"That was cheap shot you know, but I guess I deserve it." Swinging a paw at his uncle's rear as he had chased after him. He was hoping to cause him to slip up maybe or even get him to turn around and face him so they could finish this little spar.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Iknimaya Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas