Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:06 pm
User Image

After settling with Kamia that tonight was the night, Ota and her friend had split up to spread the word to those they could trust- who would spread word to those they trusted and help get the ball rolling. There was only one really big issue they had been avoiding from the start and that was Ota's uncle, who had no problem making a spectacle of his distaste for the king from the start. And who could really blame him?

His visibility as a dissenter was only one factor, another was guilt. Ota and Kamia knew more than they let on, more than they would ever let on.. but it was a secret that would give her uncle peace and knowing they couldn't say anything was a horrible feeling. It got more complicated than that, of course, but for now it was not her place. If Selene and Fuu wished to remain dead to the Mwezi'Johari, that was their choice.

Tonight was different, though. Tonight, their cover would begin to break and he deserved to know that he wasn't alone anymore.

With the help of Vesper, Ota knew where to expect to find Uchanjaa and so she headed out towards his patrol area and hoped to find him quickly.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:58 pm
User Image

He really couldn't take much more of this. The brown lion had been starting to think of taking Kibi and just...leaving. He wasn't the scared young lion who had first returned to the pride, and he couldn't stand to see that goddamned murderer on the throne any longer. His family had been utterly torn apart and they were far from the only one. After all, Shangyue had killed his own parents and grandparents simply to rule!

It made Uchanjaa start clawing the ground just thinking about it. He wasn't thrilled about the idea of leaving the Mwezi'Johari, but it was looking like the only solution he could live with...in more than one way. He was no fool and understood it was only because he'd been relatively quiet - at the insistence of his mate and certain children - that the purple kingkiller hadn't had his shadow remove Uchanjaa before.

Movement. His own internal struggles momentarily forgotten, the lion looked up to see a pale form moving towards him through the night. He relaxed somewhat as he recognized Ota. He wasn't entirely certain what stance she took on Shangyue, but she wasn't a vocal supporter, which he appreciated.

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:32 pm
Relieved to find him, and without any company, Ota's pace quickened when she spotted Uchanjaa. She didn't work as cautiously as she had been in the past, it didn't matter if passers-by saw them tonight, so long as it was not the King or those closest to him.

"I'm glad I found you, Uncle Uchanjaa," she said, smiling when she caught up to him, "I really think we need to talk."

She had never been really close to him but they were far from strangers. She didn't have a plan, she didn't think she needed one. It would come as a great shock if he refused to take part in the rebellion now.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:59 am
Pale purple eyes narrowed. It wasn't that he didn't trust Ota, but any pride ruled by Shangyue was filled with fear and distrust. In fact, he was mildly surprised neither Ota nor her almost inseperable Kamia had approached him after Kamia's children had been born...or conceived. True, the eldest girl was now in training with the new Shaman, but she hadn't otherwise been acknowledged as Heir.

Nor had Kamia shown too much resistance in bringing the three.

Which made the question...why now? What had changed in the pride? Certainly nothing Uchanjaa was aware of.

"About what?" he replied, voice a low growl. The whole situation looked very suspicious and if there was anything that damned murderer had taught the pride, it was that they couldn't trust many people, if any.

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:00 pm
Taken aback by his harsh tone, Ota slowed down and changed her demeanor every so slightly. She didn't know what would make him so suspicious of her, though if she had thought about it she might have realized it. She did wonder, though, if it was the strain of living under the murderous king and the effort it took not to put himself or his family into serious danger.. he wouldn't be the only one living that way.

"About the king," she said seriously, her voice louder than might be expected of someone passing on a secret, "About the pride, about how we can fight back."

As much as she wanted to spill it all, she had a sudden feeling that he might not be the most open to the idea that she and Kamia knew more about the past and future than they ought to- at least not now. It had been hard enough explaining it to Meshach and that demanded more details because it was truly out of the blue that they found him.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:04 pm
To be honest, it wasn't that surprising that she wanted a rebels' discussion. After all, why else approach him? It wasn't as if there were that many (sane) people speaking out against Shangyue, even if he had toned it down overall. Everybody in the pride already knew Uchanjaa's political stance.

"So why now?" he continued, still growling his words. "Why not two years ago, before he consolidated his power, before he had two litters of bastards, and before he took a queen?"

All very valid questions. The brown Guard didn't think Ota was working for Shangyue, but that didn't mean she wasn't or that she wasn't trying to set him up in such a way that the purple lion could get rid of him. Permanently.

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:22 pm
Ota's expression remained the same, she was more prepared for this than she was for his expected harshness- it helped, too, that she believed strongly in their cause and their chances for success. It took some effort not to flinch when he spoke of Shangyue's children, being so close to Kamia, but she stood firm.

"When Shangyue took over, it would have been too dangerous to fight back," she answered, "You found that out for yourself. He divided us before he made his move, we couldn't have taken the pride back then. And we still can't if we don't get as much of the pride as we can on the same side, and there was no hope of swaying the fearful in the wake of his takeover.. and now it's been so long, so many have gotten comfortable as long as things are quiet and peaceful, even if we have no love for our king or how he has treated us and this pride."

She visibly drooped when admitting that it had been too long, but she pushed herself back upright and made sure she never lost eye contact.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:27 pm
Uchanjaa snorted. "It was pretty damned clear to me that any signs of me fomenting a rebellion would be dealt with harshly, as I was an obvious target. But for two years to pass before any rebellion leader contacted me?" He shook his head in disgust.

"You can't run a rebellion by committee," he informed the lioness. "And if this is a show of what the rebels are offering, I can't say I'm impressed."

Uchanjaa knew he was making this much harder than it needed to be for Ota, but he'd been patient and quiet for far too long.

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:53 pm
With a sudden blink, Ota held her tongue and gave her uncle a good, hard stare. She could have all the confidence in the world about their cause but if she didn't have any confidence in herself then she wouldn't get anywhere, that was becoming embarrassingly clear now-- so much for approaching her own uncle being easy.

Lifting her chin up ever so slightly, she narrowed her eyes back at him.

"We need each other, we all do," she said firmly, "It's been a long time of figuring out who can be trusted and who can't. There was never any question of where you stood and there was never any hope of safely discussing it with you after you made a spectacle of yourself."

Her mind was racing and it was a struggle to swallow her pride but she hid it well enough.

"You can help us or you can not," she went on, "But this is happening and it's starting tonight. We're not as unprepared as you might think, we're just better at keeping our secrets."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:00 pm
Uchanjaa eyed his niece with narrowed eyes as she gave as good as she'd gotten from him. In the hardness of what had once been an open and loving heart, he felt pride in how she'd refused to back down.

But it was her last words that his attention battened on. Tonight? Really, what had changed now that tonight was the big night? Almost against his will, Uchanjaa was intrigued.

"Peace, Ota, it's been a long two years. I think we've both made sure of ourselves and each other now. If you say tonight, then I say I'm through with waiting. Tell me what we need, and I will bring in as many guards who oppose Shangyue as I know."

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:26 pm
Ota was relieved that Uchanjaa offered peace, but she didn't really let her guard down. Tonight was a busy night and this was just the beginning- but having his help would be huge.

"We need to start small," she said, "Avoid causing trouble directly in view of Shangyue or any of his closest companions but stop taking direction from those who support him. We need to reach out to the rest of the pride so they know we don't have to just let this keep happening. Since you're high class, it'll be especially important for you to be involved and supportive of the other rebels. We hope to avoid direct conflict too early but we're not going to hide anymore, from the king or the Great Lion."

It was tempting to suggest all activity should stop, that no hunts or patrols should be participated in at all.. but it wouldn't work until they had more support, until the rebellion grew. And she suspected it wouldn't be allowed to get to a point where the majority would refuse to work before Shangyue struck back violently.

"It doesn't seem like much but it won't be the quiet acceptance that they're all used to."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:47 pm
The older lion laughed harshly. "So, do exactly what I've been doing, but ignore even direct orders now? Sounds like fun." It was true, Uchanjaa had been generally obtuse towards Shangyue and Tyfu in particular, refusing to do even the tiniest things unless he was given a direct order.

He was quite certain that there were quite a few among the Guards alone who would be ecstatic for a chance to follow Uchanjaa's lead.

"Just me, or ayone else who is on our side? And where is Antara in this?" the brown lion continued, eyeing Ota to see how the lioness reacted. With that sorry excuse for a queen yet to produce a litter, the Apprentice Shaman was the closest thing Shangyue had to an heir. Hell, she was his heir, even though he hadn't officially named her such.

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:31 pm
"Yes," she said, daring to smile a bit when he remarked it was as much as he had already been doing, "But this time you won't be alone and we're trying to ruffle as many feathers as we can."

Ota was finally feeling more relaxed-- and then he asked the most obvious question. It was Kamia who had borne the king's would-be heir, of course they were expected to have a plan.. but was it too early to let him know the truth? Anybody who knew about Meshach's group did.

For the first time since the conversation started, she glanced around them.

"Antara is already in danger and it will only become more serious as we move," Ota said, frowning, "She's been burdened with more than her fair share since she was too small to truly understand the part she has to play. We can barely hope to protect her.."

Another horrible feeling twisted around in the pit of her stomach, the knowledge that they had knowingly risked Antara's life to save Nketa.. but she hardly expected Uchanjaa, or anybody else, was worried about Antara as herself. That was something only a few would risk everything for.

"Her safety is of great personal importance," she said finally, "But strategically, she is a decoy. The king never got his heir. She is living in secret, on the border, in the care of Meshach."

And if Shangyue discovered the truth, Antara was certain to be beyond help.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:36 pm
A hard smile touched Uchanjaa's lips as Ota described just how much trouble the rebels intended to make for Shangyue. It was finally time to make life difficult for those murderers, and he intended to take advantage.

But he wasn't thrilled to hear that the kid - and she was that as far as he was concerned - was already in a great deal of danger. The girl didn't seem too enamored of her father, though no one could be certain.

Then Ota revealed a secret he never could have guessed at. Antara wasn't the real heir. There was another.

"Meshach's that close, hm? I'm a bit surprised, I'd thought he and his mate never intended to return," Uchanjaa replied, not giving any listeners (not that he thought there were any, though you could never be certain) a chance to hear the big secret twice.

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:15 pm
"I'm not sure they do," Ota said, "But they don't like what's happened here any more than the rest of us. He's head of his own rebellion, and though we have communicated, I think our expectations are a bit different."

She really wasn't sure if Meshach would return in the end, but the fact he hadn't gone far or accepted any invitations elsewhere said a great deal. She was sure they needed as much of the royal family as they could get on their side anyway.

"There will be more time to talk another night, though," she said, glancing up and wondering how long it had been, "If you need to communicate with us, you can go to Vesper, one of Aapep's sons. He'll usually know where to find me. He'll be happy to help you out, too, of course.. but I'm guessing you already have some friends in mind to go cause trouble with."

She smiled.  
[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces