Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Very Mythical (Xiu / Hel) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:40 pm
Hel had heard rumors...er, well, they weren't rumors. It was gossip, and it was something she'd known for a while, but couldn't find the time to do until now. Gene and Xiu, after graduating, had opened up a cafe in town. She needed to visit, obviously. Alumni connections and all that, but it'd also been a very long time since she'd seen either of them.

Especially Xiu. Though she had fell out of contact with the Baku, the ghoul was always a thought in the back of her mind, and now she was going to go about rectifying it.

The reaper's entrance into the cafe was marked by the loud WHOOSH of the door opening, followed by the very dominating presence of Hel. This was followed up by the valkyrie's over sized raven familiar, poking it's large feathered head into the cafe after her with a 'kweh?'

"OOOOOOI!" She hailed, waiting for someone to address her back as she scanned the cafe.

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:51 pm
With it being Gene's turn to do the weekly supply run, Xiu was left to tend to things in the cafe on her own until her friend's return. Fortunately, they had always planned these trips to ensure that only one person would be in the cafe during the least busy time during the day. Both ghouls were run ragged during the breakfast and lunch time rushes, and the very thought of either of them having to deal with that alone had been enough to prompt them to sit down and make plans to ensure that that would never happen.

Xiu was in the back kitchen, working on a new cake recipe that she hoped to add to their menu one day. She had only just managed to get the pan in the oven when a loud call from the main dining area gave her a start. Just narrowly burning herself on the hot rack, the baku hastily shut the oven door and set the timer. With wide eyes and a puffed-up tail, she rushed out of the kitchen to greet the new customer.

"Ah, yes, hello! Welcome to Shifting Blossoms, how can I help yo...u...." Xiu trailed off into stunned silence as she took in the figure in front of her. Familiar--very, very much so--and yet so very different since the last time they had seen one another. Her mouth dropped open. "...Hel?"

Lucyal

Kaiyumi

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:53 pm
It was taking a tad too long for Hel's impatient standards, and the reaper looked around as her hands planted on her hips. Hrm. She didn't see Gene or Xiu...was this not the right place?

Luckily, the crisis was averted at the arrival of Xiu.

Hel's head snapped towards the Baku and she immediately froze, dark red eyes going a bit wide. The reaper didn't move for a long moment before she started again, but this time, very slowly. She circled around the demoness carefully, keeping her hands in sight, and approached her like a human might approach a Unicorn:

Something rare and mythical that would startle and disappear at any sudden movements and never be seen again.

The familiar on the other hand, had paused as well...if only to stare at it's reaper's newest antics.

Drawing closer, Hel then did opposite of what she was currently doing, and rapidly closed the distance between her and Xiu, banging her hands loudly on a counter between the two. An eager and excited grin split her face. "Xiu! Is that you, friend!?"

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:41 pm
Xiu tensed up when Hel didn't immediately respond, her mind whirling with questions. Did she get it wrong? Was that not Hel? But no, she's know the Valkyrie anywhere! Maybe she didn't recognize her? It had been a while, after all, but the baku didn't think that she had changed that much.

...But then why wasn't she saying anything? Why was she just staring?

Her tail flicked uneasily, her whole body tensed at the other ghoul's slow and calculated movements. W-what was she doing? Ears drooping a little, Xiu opened her mouth with the intention of saying something, only to jump in fright at the loud bang that reverberated through the tiny cafe.

But then Hel actually spoke, and all the tension drained right out of the baku at the familiar voice. Her lips suddenly split into a smile as she bounced around the counter that separated them (jumping over it would have ended in disaster, she was sure) and threw her arms around her old friend. "Yes, it's me! Jack, Hel, it's been so long!"

Lucyal

Kaiyumi

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:25 am
"Indeed it has! Far too long!" Hel returned the action, wrapping her arms tightly around the Baku, but went further. She swept the ghoul up and spun her around in a circle before she set her down. Pulling back a bit, Hel's hands rested warmly on her shoulders as she got a better look at her.

"And time shows it! Look at you! You look good, Xiu!" She grinned, and then couldn't help but reach up to pinch her cheeks. "All grown up!" The reaper laughed, and one hand left the demoness to gesture to the cafe. "And running your own business! How wonderful! How did the last bit of school treat you before graduating, eh?"

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:44 pm
She laughed happily as she was spun around, her pink eyes bright and face flushed with joy. It was so, so good to see Hel again, and so terribly nostalgic as well. It was impossible to stop the rush of memories of their school years from invading her mind, especially when she compared this Hel to the one she had remembered back in first year. How she had changed!

Xiu ducked her head in embarrassment at all the praise, her lips curved into a shy smile. "It treated me pretty well! I mean, it wasn't without its troubles--"--something Amityville students were all pretty used to, she was sure--"But...I made it!"

She held up a hand and flapped it in a dismissive manner. "But enough about me, look at you, Hel! You look amazing!"

Lucyal

Kaiyumi

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:11 pm
"Good, I am glad!" The grin was probably permanent on her face at this point. Hel didn't think anyone would skate by to graduation without some bumps and bruises, but making it out whole, for the most part, truly was a best case scenario. She was glad Xiu was one of those.

The reaper laughed. "I know I look amazing!" She shot Xiu a wink, and then shook her head a bit, blowing some of her bangs out of her eyes. "Things are going well! I can not complain--" Here she paused, and then leaned in to whisper to Xiu conspiratorially. "Except that I am not married yet." She pulled back and grinned once more, letting go of Xiu's shoulders with some more affectionate squeeze. "I am the personal assistant to the head Trick or Treater and a Treater myself!" Her tone as she spoke was very proud. "I focus less on scaring though, and do more adventuring, scouting, and treasure hunting. I travel a ******** ton!"

A chitter sound from behind snapped Hel's attention back. "Ah, right!" Hel jabbed a thumb at the horse-sized raven that came up behind her, craning it's neck over Hel's shoulder and cocking it's head to get a good look at the Baku. "Also, this is my familiar, Famine! New addition since we last saw each other, eh?"

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:34 pm
Xiu had been concerned for a second when Hel leaned in to whisper in her ear. She had automatically assumed that it was something bad, but when the real "issue" was revealed...

Lips spreading into a smile, Xiu laughed and gently swat at her friend's shouler. "Hel! Don't worry, if it makes you feel any better, neither am I." As the valkyrie continued, however, Xiu found her amused expression shifting into one of impressed awe. A Trick or Treater!

"That's amazing, Hel!" she beamed, reaching out to clasp one of the ghoul's hands in both of hers, "I'm so happy for you!" Jack, it sounded so exciting! Xiu was very much content with her work here at the cafe--it had been her dream to open one upon graduating after all--but she found a part of herself longing for this life of adventure and traveling. She would just have to live vicariously through Hel, she supposed!

The baku jumped a little at the sudden noise, pink eyes going round at the sight of the massive bird that moved to stand behind her friend. Mouth dropping open, Xiu gaped for a good few seconds before shaking herself out of her stupor. "Yes...yes, a new addition for sure! Jack, when did you get a familiar, Hel?"

Lucyal

Kaiyumi

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:11 pm
"It does not make me feel any better!" Hel replied with a laugh, and then did a fist pump. "It is my existence's dream." She grinned at the Baku as she grasped her hand. "You want to come along with one day?" She offered. "I got sent on a five October long trip some time ago, but they are not usually that long! A few days to a week usually. Sometimes a month."

As her familiar brought up, Hel's eyes rolled up to the ceiling as she rubbed her chin. "Jack..." The reaper muttered. "It has been forever ago, friend!"

While Hel thought about it, Famine stepped around her and moved up to Xiu, towering over the Baku and then craning it's head down to inspect her very closely. It bobbed it's head this way and that, and then rubbed the top of it's head against the side of Xiu's before lightly nibbling on some of her hair.

"Hey! Stop that, you--" Hel idly waved her hand at her familiar, who waved one of it's wings back at Hel in a mock slap fight.

"...End of my third year! Right before I graduated. Found Rage in the bird park, ya!? Challenged him to a battle and he shattered my spear. Literally shattered! b*****d! Anyways--Was not certain what to do! I had never heard of a reaper's weapon breaking before, so I kept the pieces in my closet and some time passed and next thing I knew--" Hel reached out to grab the wing that was flapping at her, and at this point Famine was starting to preen Xiu's hair.

"This b*****d bird came out of the closet." It was uttered with incredibly fondness though. Hel couldn't imagine not having a sentient being as her constant companion.

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:00 pm
Xiu hesitated at the offer, wanting very much to say yes. There was nothing that would please her more than traveling with Hel, though...

"I'm not sure that I could," she admitted, smiling sadly, "We keep this cafe open most days, and I couldn't just leave Gene alone to deal with everything." Then again, Hel did mention that some of the trips only took days. If it fell on a holiday or something--

She didn't get much of a chance to finish her thought when the reaper's familiar suddenly took an interest in her. Eyes going wide, she held completely still when the creature leaned in, only to relax and give a little laugh at the head rub. The baku ghoul didn't even seen offended by the fact that it was nibbling at her hair, lifting a hand and gingerly trying to stroke it on its beak.

"Jack, the end of your third year? It really has been a long time since we've seen one another then!" she exclaimed, eyes going wide, "But that's...amazing. I never heard of a reaper's weapon breaking before either, nevermind...this happening."

Xiu gestured pointedly at Famine, giggling at the familiar's actions but otherwise making no move to deter it.

Lucyal

Kaiyumi

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:18 am
"Oooooh come on, Xiu~" Hel sing-songed at the demoness. "Just a few days? Ya? Gene is more than capable of holding down the fort, I am certain!" She grinned, still holding onto Famine's wing. "Ha, ya! Just thinking about how long is a bit shameful..." Hel then shrugged. "Ya, same! But it worked out--" She then pointed to the collar around the large bird's neck.

"I also acquired an artifact that allows this bird to transform back into a spear! Then back into a bird again--- it is the most useful!"

Hel then tugged on the wing, pulling the bird back and away from Xiu. "Jeepers, knock it off!" She then looked around the bird, grinning at Xiu. "Say, friend! I can try some of your food, ya!? As a paying customer of course!" Her grin widened. "It would be a shame if I did not!"

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:52 pm
"I really would love to," she admitted, clearly being swayed towards saying yes, "I mean, I definitely would have to discuss it with Gene, but it would be so much fun to go on a bit of an adventure with you." Folding her arms across her chest, Xiu grinned. Maybe she really would talk it over seriously with her business partner and see if they could figure something out.

The baku tilted her head, eyes widening in surprise. "Jack, that definitely sounds like a handy artifact! I still think it's kind of bizarre--in a good way!--but..."

Trailing off with a smile, she lifted her hand to the familiar in a silent request to pet it. Then, glancing at Hel, the ghoul's eyes immediately lit up. "Yes, of course! And shh no, don't worry about paying! It's not everyday that I get to see you, after all!" Beaming, she beckoned towards the seats to indicate that Hel could take her pick of tables, and then she clasped her hands together and furrowed her brows. What should she serve the valkyrie...?

"Any requests, Hel?"

Lucyal

Kaiyumi

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:33 am
Hel just grinned widely at the Baku, and waggled her brows in an unspoken: Do it, Xiu, do it.

Famine was more than happy to oblige Xiu to her silent request, and in fact rolled it's head and pressed it into the demoness' hand. It cooed happily, and Hel rolled her eyes heavily. "Ham." She hissed to the raven, who just made another coo sound. The reaper turned away, and went to go claim herself a seat, setting herself heavily into it. "Bah, no! I insist on paying!" The reaper replied adamantly. "This is a business, ya?"

Hel let out a loud hum, before she grinned once more. "Bring me your meatiest and heartiest dish! I will try that!"

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:00 pm
Laughing loudly at the eyebrow waggling, Xiu threw up both hands. "Okay, I'll definitely ask! And I'll text you to let you know!"

Shoving a reminder into her brain to discuss it with Gene, Xiu temporarily brushed aside those thoughts for now in favour of focusing on the here and now. Affectionately rubbing the familiar's head ("Aw Hel, he's so sweet!") Xiu stuck her tongue out when Hel insisted on paying for the food. She really shouldn't have been throwing free cakes and things out like mad, but...hey, friends were special exceptions, okay?

"Unfortunately, our menu isn't packed with a lot of meaty dishes," she admitted with a sheepish smile, "But Gene has some great sandwiches--including one that has like four different kinds of meats--and I could throw in a free cake and drink too if you'd like!"

Lucyal

Kaiyumi

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:01 am
("Do not encourage, Xiu.")

"Oooooh~" A brow quirked, and maybe she found it a bit ironic that Gene was in the business of food...being a ghost and all. Regardless--- "Ya! That sounds most wonderful!" She grinned at the ghoul, and then raised her hands and waved them at the Baku. "Ack, no! Stop it with your free things, you!"

She shook her head, and laughed. "I am not fond of cake, anyways!"

Kaiyumi

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas