[PRP] Outside the Ring (Kursha + Rasali) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:10 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
When: A month after Bloodfest
Where: Imperious Coliseum

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:26 pm
      [+] Kursha Vidari

For once there was a fight and Kursha was not immediately involved.

“Yeah! Murder 'em!” he screamed as the indigoblood delivered a crushing blow into the ribs of her opponent with a fire iron. The yellowblood staggered, blood flowing from where the hook of the weapon had just stuck, as well as a dozen other places. She grimaced, and the video feed highlighted her expression before panning out. The indigoblood was on top of her, attacking relentlessly. As the yellowblood made her retreat, she parried and blocked strikes with her gauntlets. Twice though the iron struck through her defences, landing a blow on her shoulder, and her chest. She was forced further back. The wall of the ring was fast approaching.

When she was all but pinned, the indigoblood took a horizontal swipe. Kursha leaned over the railing to see better. Suddenly the yellowblood ducked. Where her head had been just a half second before, the iron struck the wall, sending sparks flying. From her crouch, the yellowblood popped up. Seizing the indigoblood by the shoulders, she drew her head back. Then she slammed it against her opponent's forehead. There was a crack, followed by a collective “ooo” from the audience.

Soon cries rallied for the yellowblood, as the indigoblood stumbled. A patchwork of complementary colours stained her face. Grounding herself, she raised her iron to strike once more. Her injury had slowed her down though. Before she could complete the swing, the yellowblood kicked her in the midriff. She was sent reeling backwards, fighting for her balance. The yellowblood never gave her the opportunity.

She boxed her spongeclots between her metal gauntlets.

The indigoblood slumped to the ground and the crowd let out a roar. Some chanted for the fallen troll to get back up but she showed no sign of responding. It was game, set, match.

Putting his fingers between his teeth, Kursha let out a shrill whistle. As the fighters were led (or dragged) out of the ring, he pulled back, grinning. He had meant to merely poke around, see if he recognised any former bounties, and maybe scoff at some of the combatants, but it had turned into a full night event. The Imperious Coliseum was a blend of justice, simple bloodsport, and deadly combatants. In other words, it was perfect. He wondered vaguely why Luxara had never thought to show him around before then dismissed the thought. She was an unsophisticated hermit, living in the woods with no appreciation for culture.

seekingCylem
I DID THE THING.

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:42 pm
What a match, what a match, what a match! Rasali wasn’t even on the edge of her seat. She’d been standing practically since the fight began. The trolls behind her were probably less than appreciative of her enthusiasm, but Rasali was clearly hyped enough to fight anyone who complained to her herself. She’d been rooting for the yellowblood this round. Her fangirl methodology was usually comprised of “who’s closest to my blood color,” versus “who has the coolest weapon,” versus “who would look the best on a poster.” This yellowblooded woman had a sick-a** pair of gauntlets and a take-no-prisoners fighting style to match. Rasali swooned.

It was probably for the best Kappadad had never taken Rasali here as a child. She was hard enough to get into the recuperacoon as it was without this much stimulation. When Ganyma had mentioned he’d gotten a job in Four Fronds, she’d initially just been glad to have him live close by. Now she was positively star-struck. Next time Ganyma had a match, Rasali was going to take pictures and have him sign them.

The final blow landed and the crowd went wild. Rasali leapt into the air. That had been amazing! What a comeback! Rasali needed to see if that yellowblood had any merch at the gift shop. Maybe Ganyma knew her?

Ah, that’s right. Rasali had been too caught up in the festivities to remember the names that had flashed on the jumbotron. Perhaps she could catch the yellowblood’s symbol before she left the arena? Rasali pushed through the crowd towards the railing to get a better look.

Something tall and familiarly green flashed in Rasali’s peripheral vision as she made it to the edge of the audience seating. Was that? That couldn’t have been…

Katanari

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:11 pm
      [+] Kursha Vidari

Kursha's eyes went to the clock in the corner of the jumbotron, as the overhead speakers announced a short break between matches. It was later than he expected, but there was still plenty of moonlight. He could afford to sit through one or two more before he needed to head out.

Interlocking his fingers, Kursha raised his hands over his head in a long stretch. He rocked his head from side to side. There was a faint pop from his neck as his spine realigned. After a moment, he gave a satisfied sigh and lowered his arms. It felt good just to spend a night bumming around. Ordinarily he was too self-motivated to unwind. He liked to keep busy, whether that involved chasing down bounties, restocking ammunition, reviewing the traps around his hive, target practise, or perfecting vengeance plots. Since he had finally tracked down those annoying raiders though, he thought he could use a break; spend some time recuperating as well as scout out any potential targets of interest.

“Hey, you mind?” Kursha drawled, as a tealblood, in trying to reach the stage, brushed past him. It was crowded, but it wasn't that crowded. Kursha matched the scowl she sent him with a pointed grin. Wisely the tealblood ignored him and kept moving. For a moment Kursha was tempted to follow her, and push her into the ring. His good mood won out though, and he settled for sticking a wad of old gum he picked off the rail in her hair. It was a little juvenile, but he was willing to overlook that since he was technically letting her off easy. He wiped his fingers on his shorts. Gross. No one ever understood how he suffered for justice.

Slipping through the crowd before the tealblood could notice, Kursha started towards the washrooms. He would clean up and then grab a snack at concessions. Even with the line, he should be able to get back in time to see the meat of the fight. He was no more than partway around the ring, when he caught a familiar face staring at him through the crowd. His expression changed rapidly. First surprise, then curiosity, and finally delight.

“Oi! Razzmatazz!” Kursha called and waved enthusiastically. Their last encounter had hardly stuck in his mind. Even remembering it, he was unperturbed. With his act of vengeance successful, he harboured little malice towards Rasali. Sure, it would have been nice to bury her in a snowdrift, but until that opportunity presented itself, they were friends. Kind of.

Shouldering past an orangeblood, Kursha loped towards her. A couple seconds later, he had made his way through the crowd. “Long time no see!” he said, beaming. “You here just for fun or to scout out the competition?”

seekingCylem

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:51 pm
Rasali squinted up at the figure partially hidden behind the crowds of people congregating on the stairs. Then the figure started shouting and waving. Rasali felt a groan building up in her chest. Kursha. It was weird to see him outside of a rebel event—like he was a real person with his own life and stuff. She just figured he was in a perpetual state of fighting and causing trouble. She still wasn’t sure how much of their last encounter was Kursha’s fault versus the chaos of war, but the event coupled with their other interactions at the rebel base had left her wondering. And alert.

The yellowblood (temporarily—Rasali still wanted a poster or a thermal hull magnet) forgotten, Rasali turned to face Kursha. She leaned back on the railing and offered a polite smile and a wave. ”Hey!” she greeted as Kursha closed the distance between them.

”Why not a little of both? Though after that last match I wouldn’t wanna take my chances with either of those ladies. I like my face the way it is, thank you very much.” Rasali chuckled and tilted her head. She had to admit, she was worried when Ganyma said he’d gotten a job at the coliseum. Still, being around all the lights and crowds and celebration really got her bloodpusher going. She could definitely see the appeal.

”I’d ask the same of you, but it seems kind of obvious. I’m surprised I haven’t seen you at one of these events earlier, now that I think about it.” Showboating and guns were practically the lifeblood of Four Fronds tourism. ”I don’t remember asking. You from the area or just sight-seeing? I could see you kicking it in the deep-woods somewhere hunting cholerabears and whatever.”

Honestly she could see him hunting trolls too, but that was the answer to a question Rasali wasn’t quite ready to ask just yet.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:54 pm
      [+] Kursha Vidari

Joining Rasali at the rail, Kursha leaned his left side against against it so that he still stood facing her. He scoffed at her response. “C'mon, I've seen what you can do with that chain of yours,” he argued. He did not push the subject though, and laughed along with her.

When Rasali asked him about the cholerabears, Kursha shook his head.“Nah. Sometimes howlbeasts though,” he admitted. “I'm up in Busthind, and there's like a nest of 'em or something nearby. I've put traps out but they've gotten a lot smarter since the last time. They won't even go near the bait I put out. Makes it a pain in the a** to keep their numbers down.” He gave an exasperated huff.

“Anyway...” Scowl fading, he continued, “I usually only come down this way to meet up with a friend. Or you know, if there's a job.” He shrugged. “Today I'm just hanging out though.”

seekingCylem

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:23 pm
Rasali smirked at Kursha’s… Compliment? Weird as it was to take a compliment from Kursha, she decided to interpret the comment as such. She would definitely have to sleep on the idea of actually participating in the coliseum unless there was a particularly sweet payout involved. She’d had enough combat in the past perigee to last her a good long time. She’d have to work her way up to bloodsport.

”Busthind, huh?” Rasali had never been to Busthind. She had never seen much of a point. She could hike perilous terrain all she wanted in her backyard. No need to be cold and isolated from civilization in the process. In particular Kursha struck Rasali as much too extroverted to have come from such a backwoods area. She supposed it was easy enough to see how the terrain contributed to his rough-and-tumble personality, though—not to mention the scars.

Rasali interrupted her own musings so as to not lose track of the conversation. ”Guess there are a few benefits to having so many hunters in the woods nearby. Got the wildlife running scared of trolls. Can’t remember the last time I saw something bigger than my lusus back in there.”

Rasali shifted her weight. This was surreal. It was like the events of the caverns had never happened. It was just small talk between acquaintances. Technically she’d known this guy since childhood. At the same time, Kursha was a total enigma to Rasali save for where their rebel activity overlapped. The whole situation didn’t sit well with her.

Well, Rasali sighed, this was the perfect chance to remedy that, to extend an olive branch. She would just have to get to know Kursha on a more personal level. That couldn’t be harder than what they’d already been through together!

”You owe me an apology for getting me electrocuted by Zeffer.”

Rasali threw Kursha a dry look. Yeah, really she just wanted to know more about this. Namely what the hell.

Katanari

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:25 pm
      [+] Kursha Vidari

Well, that was to-the-point.

Kursha was impressed with her gall. Startled too but by no means concerned. He had dealt with Rasali once before; he could easily deal with her again. Besides, there way no way she would even think of starting a fight here in front of all these people.

“Ehhh?” Kursha feigned a shocked look. “I don't know what you're talking about,” he said, but his words did not match his tone. A familiar grin had crept back across his face. He was lying transparently... and he was doing it deliberately. Rather than guess at how close she was to figuring him out, it was easier to lay everything on the table. That way he knew exactly where her motivations lay. She knew, but so what? He knew that she knew, and he could not care less.

This was going to put a kink in their friendship though.

Straightening a little, Kursha crossed his arms and studied Rasali. Either she would drop the issue or she would go on the offence. Based on what he had seen of her personality so far he was betting on the latter. He wasn't worried though.

seekingCylem

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:44 am
For a split second Rasali feared she’d made a mistake blurting her thoughts out like that. However, Rasali found she was too intent on getting some answers to care much for decorum.

Rasali had been dating Aandes long enough to know a s**t-eating grin when she saw one. Kursha wasn’t even trying. Rasali was almost too confused to be mad. Almost.

”What the ********, Kursha.” Rasali struggled to find purchase on the situation. Kursha was clearly lying about not knowing what she was referring to, even when it would have been easy to lie about getting caught up in the chaos of the fight and whatnot. What’s more was that he was enjoying her calling him out on it. He knew and he wasn’t the least bit sorry about it. That led Rasali to her next question.

”Why?” Her eyes narrowed and she too straightened to stand toe-to-toe with Kursha. ”What could I possibly have done to have deserved that at that point in time, of all things? Was it about elbowing you? That was an accident and not only did I apologize, I offered to let you hit me back right then and there.” Rasali pursed her lips and appraised Kursha carefully.

Katanari

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:24 pm
      [+] Kursha Vidari

“Pft, please.” Kursha rolled his eyes. “I'm not gonna hold something against you that was my own fault.” That much was true. Though he had been bitter about it at the time, the chain of events was short enough that he was able to recognise Rasali's attack as a direct effect from his actions. He hated to admit it, but that was just the way things were.

Anyway, moving right along.

Even standing straight, Rasali was still a good deal shorter than him. If she had meant to intimidate him with that little move, then she was going to be disappointed. He found her demeanour more amusing than anything.“But back on point, if I had to guess I'd say it was karmic retribution. A random intervention of justice for some past action. Friendly fire maybe. Betraying the team. Costing victory. Ringing any bells?” He flicked at her forehead playfully.

seekingCylem

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:59 pm
Rasali gaped at Kursha, completely oblivious to what he was getting at. He seemed to have taken the elbow-to-the-ribs thing pretty hard at the time, general Kursha attitude notwithstanding. If hadn’t been salty at her about that, then what? She’s only met him so many times in her life… Hell, they only even met at the Battle of Old Hemisect.

She listened to Kursha’s “hints” very carefully. Friendly fire against a teammate. Cost of victory. When had Rasali been on a team? Her roller derby team was but a fledgling. All of her work for the rebels in Old Hemisect had been remote recruit coordination—nothing that could result in friendly fire. What other teams had she even been on? It wasn’t like she’d participated in any events at Bloodfest that sweep.

…Bloodfest.

Rasali was visibly putting the pieces together in her mind. Her eyes flickered from one corner to the other as she kept her head low in thought. Her shoulders, meanwhile, seemed to rise up as the conclusion became more apparent. At some point Rasali had stopped assembling memories and had gotten lost in the process of trying to swallow how outlandish the story of “karmic retribution” was shaping up to be.

”You can’t…” Rasali said very slowly, eyes locking onto Kursha. ”You can’t possibly…

Well Rasali wasn’t wrong. They had first met in Old Hemisect City.

”YOU GOT ME BEATEN AND TASERED OVER A ******** SNOWBALL FIGHT!? WHAT THE ******** KIND OF PERSON ARE YOU!?”

Katanari
*shrill whistling sounds*

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:59 am
      [+] Kursha Vidari

It was fascinating. Kursha could actually see Rasali putting it all together. Somewhere in that thinkpan of hers, she still remembered if only barely. As recognition flitted across her features, he bit his lip to keep his grin from getting any bigger. Then he covered his mouth with his hand. Forget smiling. It was hard enough as it was not to laugh.

Suddenly Rasali exploded. “YOU GOT ME BEATEN AND TASERED OVER A ******** SNOWBALL FIGHT!?

Kursha could not hold it back any longer. Bingo! They had a winner! A laugh bubbled up from his throat.

“WHAT THE ******** KIND OF PERSON ARE YOU!?”

That cut Kursha's mirth short. His laughter evaporated and he withdrew his hand from his face. For a half second, he looked almost sour, but then he had pulled up a mask of cool indifference. Clearly Rasali had no appreciation for poetic justice.

“You're being a little melodramatic, dontcha think?” Kursha drawled, putting a hand on his hip. He scowled disapprovingly down at Rasali. “It's not like I was gonna let you die or anything. Not from Zeffer at least, and if you're worried about him, believe me: he had it coming. Actually I guess I kinda owe you thanks for your help in that.” Tilting his head, he gave a brief smile. Rasali's own expression quickly killed chased the grin from his face though.

“Anyway,” Kursha continued, mask back in place. “In the end it was only fair.” He waved a hand. You're the one who started all this, so if you're looking to point fingers, you've only got yourself to blame.”

SS seekingCylem

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:52 pm
Rasali was practically trembling. She had severely underestimated Kursha’s laissez-faire attitude. He showed signs of both amusement and annoyance, but nothing close to acknowledgement of how furious Rasali was.

”Do you listen to yourself when you talk!?” While Rasali’s voice was strained and shrill, she was doing an admirable job of not screaming as she tried to make herself clear to Kursha. ”You tried to injure me on a battlefield for accidentally throwing a snowball at you when we were children. Are those things really equal in your mind?”

Rasali’s horror solidified into resolve as she made a realization. ”Seriously…” Rasali knew she was headed into dangerous territory with her words, but they needed to be said. She spoke slowly, but deliberately. ”Did that snowball hurt you? Is your ego so delicate that you actually waited sweeps for the perfect opportunity to get back at me for it? ‘I started it,’ didn’t I? Then I’m sorry! I’m sorry I victimized you! I didn’t know what fragility I was dealing with. I should have been more careful.”

Rasali could never keep her cool for long as words fell from her mouth hotter and faster.

”Am I too scary for you to approach me about it yourself!? You gotta try and be on my good side so I don’t suspect anything and strike with a proxy!? ‘My fault’—Ha! You couldn’t even take responsibility for your own ‘vengeance’ until I called you out on it myself! You would have just played friendly with me forever if I’d let you, you coward!”

Rasali pressed closer to Kursha.

”TELL ME I’M WRONG!”

Katanari

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:01 pm
      [+] Kursha Vidari

Before, Rasali's attitude had been tolerable, even excuseable. Not so now.

Kursha was too stunned to interject throughout her tirade. Too angry to correct her. The words he was hearing come out of this self-justifying, weak-minded heap of garbage were unbelievable. Yet there she was, tearing into him like she held the high morale ground, insulting him and all he stood for.

Kursha's ears were ringing. His body flashed hot then cold. It felt like his bloodpusher would rip from his chest, it was beating so hard. He needed to say something, get her to shut the hell up. But all his thoughts fizzled.

“You would have just played friendly with me forever if I’d let you, you coward!”

Coward.

That single word occupied his entire being. If Rasali had meant to piss him off, she had succeeded... and possibly overshot.

Kursha's pupils elongated and their corners turned sharp. Suddenly his darkening vision began to clear. What the ******** did she know? About him? About anything? He clenched his fist. The centre of his pupils filled with gold. She had no idea what he had been through. What he had to deal with. He was going to make her pay for her presumption.

As the crosshairs finished forming in his eyes, Kursha reached back over his shoulder to find the stock of his rifle. He drew and let the weapon slip through his fingers. He caught it partway up the barrel, so that the muzzle was facing Rasali. She was too close for him to actually shoot, but the intent was clear. Leaning in towards her, his mouth spread in an expression that was half grimace and half smile.

“You sure you wanna keep running your mouth like that?”

SS seekingCylem
WELLP.

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:17 pm
Rasali had wholly expected Kursha to retaliate. She likely would have gone and attacked herself if the tables were turned. If anything, she was surprised Kursha had let her go on for as long as she had.

That didn’t change the fact she was facing off against a troll with a gun pointed at her and every desire to pull the trigger. Rasali stopped her tirade, but her breathing remained quick and her eyes fiery. She stayed up close to Kursha in order to maintain the awkward angle he had on his rifle. Worst case scenario, she could grapple with the marksman until security took notice. Kursha’s eyes, meanwhile, had visibly morphed. Rasali didn’t have concrete proof as to what it meant, but she had a pretty damn good guess. The alien effect it added to Kursha’s rage didn’t help the chill Rasali felt in facing off against a powered troll.

”You’re not… answering me…” Rasali forced out between gritted teeth. She wouldn’t be fooled. Kursha was trying to shut her up. As much as he may have wanted to kill her, it was the conversation he was aiming at. All he’d accomplished thus far was solidify Rasali’s suspicions. Coward.

Katanari

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces