Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]
[I/T] Kiburi Chambawa - Closed and Cancelled Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:27 pm
Okay y'all, I need your input please! I am considering doing an overhaul on what markings indicate.

Rather than focus on WHERE the markings are, we could focus on a job needing a certain KIND of marking. So... let's say... hunters need to have spots or splotches, soldiers need stripes or tribals, teachers need to be plain (so as not to distract the kids!) or with TLK type basic markings.... hmm, warriors (which I'd really like to re-purpose and re-name somehow) would need senic or space markings... that sort of thing? Those that have multiple sorts of markings could choose where they'd rather go.

What do you think? It'd sort of make a lot more sense than what we have now, but it would likely mean reshuffling the ranks your characters currently have. Wings would remain a royal marking, of course. It also might mean we should have more types of ranks.

Please give me your thoughts on markings, and make suggestions for other possible ranks! I'd really appreciate the help!

R4gn0r0k IV

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Annchen

SilverLutz

CaliWolfe

nessiaing

Syrius Lionwing

Puhterodactyl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:59 pm
Forgot to mention, I was thinking that seers would end up as Royals as well, due to their connection to the gods. Under the new markings ideas, that is.  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:53 pm
Talencia

I like the idea of reorganizing it to be more based on different kinds of marks, even if that does mean a bit of reshuffling of where all the characters go role-wise right now.

As for seers I feel maybe there should be some social stigma against those without wing markings, but are seers and thus end up a royal anyway. Like, maybe some of the wing-marked royals are suspicious or something. Just a thought is all.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:07 pm
::nods:: I had thought that perhaps we could replace the "Warrior" rank with a seer rank. They'd end up sub-par royals, but royals nonetheless. Breeding would be less of a focus for them than the other Royals, since it'd have been proven that it isn't likely to breed true, as opposed to the wing markings.

Also, it seems awkward to have separate ranks for "warrior" and "soldier". This was something I struggled with at first when creating this. Replacing the warrior rank would resolve this, though I likely would rename the "soldier" rank with the name "warrior" instead. If that made sense.  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:45 pm
I plan to toss some people in here! C: But I'll wait until the ranks are reshuffled <3
-snugs Tallycakes-  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:46 pm
Awesome ^^!  

Syrius Lionwing

nessiaing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:43 am
I love the ideas. Took me a few days to think about it but I came to the realization that the reshuffle and ranks based on appearance opens up a whole new level of plots and struggles for different individuals in the pride.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:42 am
OKAY... here are the prospective ranking definitions. (New wordings too.)

ROYALS
First Queen - wing markings - ruling queen who leads the pride and makes the important decisions, keeps a court of her mate, the First Consort, all the other Firsts, as well as any other favorites.
Sister Queens - wing markings - answer only to the First Queen, may dictate things in the pride as well, may have their own 'courts' of favored members, encouraged to breed however they wish.

First Consort - wing markings - mate to the current ruling queen
Consort - wing markings - often work as the go-fers of the queens, encouraged to breed however they wish.

Sages - no specific markings, MUST be a seer - considered with wariness and reverence, they tend to be outside any accepted social circles due to their lack of consistent marking style.

MUNDANES (Muns for short)
First Hunter - must have prominent markings - reports to the First Queen, organizes the hunters activities.
Hunters - natural animal markings - responsible for feeding the pride and scouting.

First Warrior - must have prominent markings - reports to the First Queen, in charge of all warrior activities.
Warriors - tribal, stylized, or other bold markings - patrol the border, deal with in-pride issues, and protect the pride.

First Teacher - TLK or otherwise minimal markings or no markings at all - reports to the First Queen, determines what teachers will impart
Teachers - TLK or otherwise minimal markings or no markings at all - instruct the cubs concerning the pride, the world, and their place in the pride.

First Crafter - prominent markings - reports to the First Queen, determines what needs crafting and how best to handle trade
Crafters - swirls or other fancy and otherwise uncatagorized markings - create artwork, jewelry, or other trinkets, handle trade with outside the pride.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Firsts of any rank should be a prime example of the kind of marking their rank requires.

Those with mixed markings still could choose their ranking (aside from the Firsts positions), except for those with wings, with would automatically be Queens or Consorts.

The basic idea behind the pride's reverence of wings and seers will remain, thus why those are the royals.

None of these concepts are affected by COLOR, I'd like to note as well. If there is a lion with leopard-style spots in brilliant pink and green, that works just fine as a hunter (go figure!).

I also was thinking this might mean there should be some sort of ceremony where newcomers and cubs have their choices laid out before them. The newcomers will choose ranks then and there, and then adols would step forward and declare their rank. So it would go something like this on the form:
Cub > Hunter > Hunter

SPEAKING of which... any suggestions on what to call the cub rank?

Also, should we allow wing markings on any part of the body to be queens and consorts?
Hip markings and facial markings are two places I know I've seen wing-type markings. Thoughts?

Did I forget anything? Got a question? Speak up!

R4gn0r0k IV

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Annchen

SilverLutz

CaliWolfe

nessiaing

Syrius Lionwing

Puhterodactyl

Talencia

Blessed Friend

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:46 am
What about seers that have wing markings? Tem's dad is a god so he's a seer by default. Would they be the queen/consort rank or would they get to pick? Perhaps calling them Sage Queen/Sage Consort to denote that they're both a seer and winged >> Mebby  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:53 am
As a note... I understand that this sort of forcing jobs per markings is NOT going to 'work' for all characters... that's kinda the idea in fact. It's geared intentionally to create conflict and discomfort. These things make for better stories and better character development. I get it if anyone is not comfy with putting their characters through this! I just thought it'd be interesting.

ALSO of note... please note how easy it would be for there to be shifts of power in Kiburi. The First Queen is not set for life. The First Consort is not guaranteed to remain so. Sister Queens can gather power to themselves, there is plenty of room for intrigue and power shifts. I'd love to see this happen! I fully intend on taking advantage of this in metas.

Possible loopholes in the rankings:
Teachers grooming young ones in a particular way
Hunters dealing with traders or outside factions
Warriors bullying individuals or showing favoritism in disputes
Crafters being dishonest, hoarding, or funneling support to those in power
ETC!

So get those thinkers moving, there is plenty of fodder for plotting in Kiburi!  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:56 am
SilverLutz
What about seers that have wing markings? Tem's dad is a god so he's a seer by default. Would they be the queen/consort rank or would they get to pick? Perhaps calling them Sage Queen/Sage Consort to denote that they're both a seer and winged >> Mebby

Hmm. By original definition, they'd be defined by their wing markings first and foremost, always. ::mulls:: I don't think we should give official recognition of the seer aspect, HOWEVER, that could really be used quite well as plot-fodder for gathering importance to himself, asserting it qualifies him more to be First Seer perhaps? Or that he SHOULD have a special rank. If it becomes more common, we could add the rank later via meta fun, too.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:02 am
Talencia
SilverLutz

Hmm. By original definition, they'd be defined by their wing markings first and foremost, always. ::mulls:: I don't think we should give official recognition of the seer aspect, HOWEVER, that could really be used quite well as plot-fodder for gathering importance to himself, asserting it qualifies him more to be First Seer perhaps? Or that he SHOULD have a special rank. If it becomes more common, we could add the rank later via meta fun, too.

He's not the type to cause a fuss so he'd probably just take what he was given when he came in XD Fun for others to play with though >w>  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:08 am
SilverLutz
He's not the type to cause a fuss so he'd probably just take what he was given when he came in XD Fun for others to play with though >w>

Hmm... but would you be open to him being claimed by a queen who DID want to use his double advantage as extra influence?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:57 am
SilverLutz

*cough* Tem is descended from gods, but his immediate parents are both mortals.  

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Shameless Elocutionist

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:55 pm
Oh derp XD That's right, he is. I was confusing him with the Kizi cubs that just happened. So Tem actually isn't a Seer XD  
[OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff