Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Pridelands [IC]
[PRP] Helllllooooo Nurse! (Hecate/Areoiris)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:05 pm
User Image

It was in the early morning hours that Hecate found herself dreading the work day. She rolled onto her stomach before pushing herself up with a groan. Since she saw most of her patients in her own den it would need a little sprucing before the work hours started up. As it stood little pieces of poultices and herbs were sprinkled here and there; a result of a late night spend between Hecate and her lady love.

The tan lioness grumbled a few curses under her breath as she popped the creaks out of her bones. Sleeping in just wasn't a possibility when so many needed her services. Even if it did have a certain appeal to it. Maybe just once....? No, her luck she would be woken up by the very patient that needed her. Hecate rolled her eyes and set about cleaning up the main area. Their den was relatively small, though it did have high ceilings and enough ledges in the stone that Hecate could easily organize her wares. If and when she gave two shits, of course.

Ugh, if only she could get herself going. The healer half-heartedly placed a healing mixture on a ledge before leaning against it with her eyes shut.

Astoria Fallen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:24 pm
Painted Moose
Every time I read the name Hecate I think of this book series I was reading. The girl in it named herself Hecate. (Can't remember if it was spelled the same way.) I'm working right now.. -shhhhh-

User Image

Darn it all! A groan escaped his dark maw as he stared down at the gash on his right fore paw pad. He could do this! He could still walk on it. 'Alright you got this!' He took a step forward and instantly regretted his decision. 'Nope!! No you don't have this.' He growled to himself and flattened his ears against his head. What was he to do? He rarely.. No. He NEVER got hurt. So this was a first for him. At least not in a way he couldn't deal. And this was definitely something he couldn't deal with.

It took him a moment of thinking to remember that the pride had healers. They just weren't something he ever had to utilize before. For this, however, he was going to need a professional. He could walk on three legs right? He'd seen animals do it before, but they often fell prey to his hunger so maybe that was a bad example to use.

After a few failed attempts he finally managed some awkward form of a hop-hobble and made his way towards the closest healers he could find. At least he hoped one was there. The large lion came within eyesight of the place where Hecate was residing. He cleared his throat as he came towards the entrance. "Hello?" He called wondering if anyone was there.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:45 pm
AstoriaFallen
If you remember the books, you should totes let me know. :O -won't tell a soul your secret-

"Hmm, huh?" Hecate murmured. The lioness had very obviously fallen asleep, half slumped up against the side of her den. She blinked her eyes and attempted to focus. Was Calypso home? This was pretty early for her...Oh hot damn! Patients. Hecate pushed herself off the wall and cough to clear her throat. "Just a second!" Her voice was high pitched, and obviously trying to hide the yawn that came out right after.

She dipped her paw in a gourd of water and ran it through her mane to take care of the worst tangles. It wasn't perfect, but it would have to do. Hecate rolled her shoulders before moving towards the lip of her den. Her eyes widened immediately as the took in the full view. The one day I look like a hot mess... She did her best to smile as she motioned him in. "Come come, have a seat and tell me what's wrong."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:03 pm
Painted Moose
The Godspeaker Trilogy!!! It's spelled Hekat in there.

He chuckled as it seemed to him he had caught the female within the darkness unaware. It was something he was used to, showing up at the wrong time to places. He just accepted it as part of what being him entailed. Orange orbs fell upon the soft tan lioness and he couldn't help but smile in relief at the fact someone was there and he wasn't imaging the voice. "Don't mind if I do." He gave her a wide and toothy grin and hobbled in behind her and laid himself down in a manner that wasn't exactly dead weight, but not like a feather floating either.

He turned his injured paw upwards and looked at it and then back at the female before him. "I've appeared to have injured myself in a way that I need some assistance." There was dirt and dried blood caked in the gash now. Goodness wasn't he the prized pupil eh? "Sorry that it's so filthy." Though he shouldn't really apologize for that. It was he, himself, that it was affecting, not her. Though she was the one who had to work on it.

He looked back at her and smiled again.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:51 am
AstoriaFallen

Hecate moved closer to the male so that she might take his injured paw into her own. Her touch wasn't unkind, but it was stern enough to show that she wasn't afraid of getting rough. Clucking her tongue, she turned it towards the light and looked with mild horror at the filth around the wound. "I hope this is fresh, otherwise you're looking at a possible infection and painful swelling." Of course she knew it wasn't that bad, but it wouldn't hurt to see him fret a little.

Releasing him, she twisted her body so that she could pulled the little half-gourd of water closer. Hecate took up a worn, though clean, strip of cloth through the water before using it to clean out his paw. She smiled a little and met his orange eyes with blue. "It's alright; just try not to walk on it for a few days and let it heal." Once it was clean enough to suit her standards, she put the now dirtied cloth aside and stood up to rummage around in her concoctions. "So how did you hurt yourself? It wasn't trying to impress some girl was it?" Hecate looked over her shoulder with a devilish grin.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:28 am
Painted Moose
WOW, I'm a derp. Areo was approved to be a scout FOREVER ago... lol. I need to request a cert change for him now lol.

He watched as she examined and noted her expression towards how unclean it was. At least it was a fresh wound and not something that was days old. He had better sense than that. The only reason it had gotten dirty at all was because he had continuously attempted to walk on it while he was making his way here. "What if I said it was a few days old?" He was pulling her leg, he figured she knew it was relatively fresh.

He winced only slightly as she cleaned it and god the dirt and grim out of the cut. He groaned at her words. A few days?! How on earth would he hunt now? It was his duty to bring in food for the pride and now he couldn't even do that for a few days. He was going to try and become a scout anyway but still. He needed his feet to be in working order. "If the lovely doctor says so, then so it shall be." He said giving her a warm smile. Though he was still slightly upset at the fact he was basically useless until it healed.

He cocked his head slightly. "Oh, you know how it is. When a lion see's a pretty face we lose all rhyme or reason." He gave her a wink in return to her grin. Though it wasn't how he hurt his paw, he figured he'd let the banter go on for a bit before telling her how it actually happened. Though it probably didn't matter. He wasn't much of a show off, maybe when he was younger, but not so much anymore.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:16 am
AstoriaFallen
LOL, it happens. xD.

"I would say that you're lyyyyiinnng." With her voice pitched to match drawn out word, Hecate even went so far as to tap her claws in tune on the stone wall. This one was all smiles and talk, so Hecate decided to go with a poultice with a numbing agent in it. The herbs were harder to find than most, but surely Calypso wouldn't mind a little trip into the rogue lands to get more.

"Would you listen to yourself? Flirting with a mated lioness." Of course Hecate baited him with smiles in return, and her playful banter did nothing to dissuade such talk. In fact, she was rather enjoying it. She brought her concoction over to him, scooped up a gob of the dark green goop and gave him a warning look, "It's going to feel cold for a little while, but it won't last long." Hecate held his paw in her left, and applied the poultice.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:26 am
Painted Moose

He chuckled. "I guess you've found me out then." He raised a brow as she spoke of being mated and he made a hum in his throat. "Well, I'll be sure to keep the flirting to a minimum, I don't want to step on anyone's toes now do I?" He gave her a wide grin and then sighed when she put whatever it was on his paw. It was cool and numbing and it felt delightful in the cut. "I can't help but give a pretty lady a compliment when it's deserving though." He added to his earlier jest.

The feeling in his paw was interesting to him and he gave her a warm smile as he spoke. "I assure you, I am mostly bark and no bite. I too have someone to call my own." He cared deeply for Mati, even if she couldn't remember who he was or anything of the sort at times.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:06 am
AstoriaFallen

"Oh, I never said you had to stop." Hecate chuckled with a suggestive little smile. "My mate is...very indulgent to my fancies, you see. She really is too good to me, so I'm sure she would want me to have as many compliments as you care to give me." It was very amusing to ponder over Caly's reaction to all of this. Thankfully the larger lioness wasn't known to be jealous; most likely she would just be dumbfounded by it all.

Maybe embarrassed because of Hecate, but so it went.

"Though now it seems like I might be the one stepping on toes." Hecate reached for a clean cloth and wrapped his paw.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:15 am
Painted Moose

Her words made him raise a brow. "Isn't that so very nice of her to be so considerate of your needs." He said coyly. He watched as she reached for a clean cloth to wrap his paw and he gave her a shake of his head and smiled.

"There are no worries there. I assure you. She is very open to relationships and she kind of has a very bad memory." He said trying to think about the best way to explain it. "She doesn't even remember having the children she has now that are adults." Yea, there was no easy way to describe her condition. Let alone to say that they weren't even his. He wasn't mad about it, it was just a pity she didn't remember.

"What is your mate like?" He asked, changing the subject.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:33 am
AstoriaFallen

Hecated smirked, but otherwise remained suspiciously quiet. The little wheels in her brain were running every which way. There was a little more to this than she had initially expected out of this visit, and if she worked it just right...

"Poor dear," Shaking her head, Hecate looked over her work once more, and when satisfied, began the process of cleaning up. "I imagine that's difficult for you all. Her children, you...maybe not so much for her, exactly, but the dear needs to be looked after." What does he do with her when he's on call? Hecate was the nosy sort, and wondering about what his mate did all day while he was gone stumped her. It was a wonder she didn't just walk off into the sunset, never to return.

"My mate? Well, if you want to know what she's like, you should meet her." Hecate pointed out. She moved to place her materials back on the 'shelf'. "She's kind, kinder than she should be, and strong. Physically, emotionally, mentally...Caly's the type to take others problems onto her own shoulders, even if she's already buckled down. She puts up with me, if that says anything." She laughed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:56 am
Painted Moose
close this up soon? Would you like to start another one with them and caly?

He did care deeply for Mati, but her seer abilities had destroyed her memory and it was tough, mainly because she didn't remember who he was half of the time. At least she didn't try to attack him because he was around. He didn't want to admit it, but it was frustrating at times. "I appreciate your concern.... And you're right. She does need help, though I've not the means to be able to do it myself." He said with a sadness hitting his eyes slightly. He was pleased when she started talking about her mate and it made the sadness disappear as he was able to focus on the conversation at hand now.

"She sounds just like one of my sisters." He said with a laugh as she described her. "I would very much like to meet her then." He said with a smile and a nod as he looked down at his bandaged paw, moving his toes gently and closing them to test movement. It would probably bother him to walk a bit, but he was sure it wouldn't be too big of a deal.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:26 am
AstoriaFallen
Yes and yes. c:

At least he was trying to make things better for his mate. A lot of males wouldn't have stuck around with so much heart ache, but this one was a different breed. It made Hecate appreciate him all the more. Loyal, humorous, easy to talk to...not bad to look at...

Oh yes, this could work.

"Well, if you would like, you could stay here until she comes home. Or we could try meeting tomorrow. Whatever is best for you, really." If Caly returned at her usual hour it would be some time now, but if she sent a messenger...That is, if Caly didn't sniff her out and avoid them both.

That would be horrific.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:23 pm
Painted Moose
We can probably start another post now :3 I'll get it up.

He cocked his head slightly as she spoke about waiting or coming back tomorrow. He mulled the options over in his mind for a moment. He honestly wouldn't mind waiting. He liked to get to know the pride memebers, though she sounded awfully familiar to him. Maybe his mother had mentioned the name before. He wasn't sure at this point.

"I wouldn't mind hanging around until she get's here. I very much like your company." He said with a warm smile and a wink her way. He looked around for a moment and was quite impressed with the size of the den. Though, she was working from home it seemed such a large place was necessary. So much room for activities!  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas