Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Deception (Shu + Feels) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:12 pm
She wanted to be useful, she wanted her friends to think she was important again. But inside her, a self-destructing core was operating, it made her do things against her wills. She thus focused on her hunter duty, if she just did something that newly waken trainees were doing, then why giving her greater ranking? Thus, she went to request for more extra work.

Taking a deep breathe to calm her throbbing heart, she knocked on the door of the Death Lead's office and waited. It was the first time she talked with him face-to-face alone, she hoped she could leave a good impression.

Zoobey
Thank you <3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:20 pm
"The door is <******** open," said a voice by default. To be fair, it was partially open.

Mark was there as well, though the Death Assistant seemed half asleep on his desk. There were about six energy drinks that littered his area.

On the main desk was the Death lead in all his glory and surprisingly perfect hair (or unsurprisingly), looking slightly annoyed as he pressed random buttons on one of the SPECTRE watches.

Meegane

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:35 pm
With the voice of permission to enter, Shu opened the door and walked into the room. She stood very straightly and her eyes skimmed what were on the desk quickly. She must find a wrong hour to see him, she made a sigh in her heart.

"Sorry to bother you from your work, Sir. I would like to volunteer to investigate the recent events, like the infection caused by the artifact, the everlasting conflict between Merlin and the knights and such." She honestly stated her purpose, not wasting any of his precious time. While Mark was half asleep that she lowered her voice, the paperwork of their leader never cease to pile up into tower high.

Zoobey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:41 pm
"Yes," said Caelius absentmindedly as he managed to somehow get the holographic UI to show up but just about nothing else, "and save the goddamn world while you're at it." If Shu could not see the heavy sarcasm, it was probably a good time to exit the room.

The watch beeped loudly, and Mark snorted, suddenly looking around with a sort of panicked expression. Upon seeing Shu he managed to raise both his eyebrows at once, which turned into a very puzzled expression. When he thought Caelius wasn't looking, he mouthed to her the words 'Are you lost?'

Meegane

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:14 am
Unfortunately, the petite huntress would be fall into the categories he said stupid and time-wasting he classified people. Thus, the naive girl answered, "No Sir, I wasn't arrogant enough to think I can save the word, I just want to help." She pleaded.

The eyes looked around spotted Mark, and three words, luckily was easily to fathom his meaning, Shu gently shook her head. She wasn't lost, Uncle Mark.

Zoobey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:34 am
Caelius just stopped and stared at Shu in long disbelief. "If-"

-"Missions!" Mark suddenly intervened, standing up really straight, knocking all the thankfully empty energy drinks off the table, "Shu is here, to help me with my uh, current mission. Uh, project mission."

"Shu is here to help you map out Hunter Rank classified area 38-I."

"Yes! I mean no!" Mark began to sweat bullets. "Maybe?"

There was a long pause. It seemed like Caelius was debating whether or not he should just let Mark lie in his own grave along with Shu. "Very well. I will meet you both at the lighthouse in fifteen minutes. You are dismissed for preparation until then."

The Death Assistant wasted no time pulling Shu aside, out, out of the room, out of Caelius' hearing range. "Look, I don't know why you're here but now, is like, a really really really really bad time." He sighed at her, pulling nervously at his own hair, "You're on your own from here, I can't help you any more okay?"

Meegane

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:00 am
Shu stared back with a genuine serious look at Caelius, for exactly how long he spent until Mark bounced up. Mission, he yelled, like someone woke up from a dream. The petite Asian widened her eyes with a puzzled look at the Death Assistant, wondered when she agreed to help him or it happened during the outbreak of infection and she forgot.

One or two lines between them and she was dismissed, she couldn't catch up with what happened with her stupid mind. She hoped Mimsy was there because she would kindly explain to all her questions. "Look." He said when she was dragged out of the office, so she stared at Mark with intensity. Which time she wasn't on her own, especially recently? And she didn't ask for his help at all, she didn't deserve, she was just a resource anyway.

"I don't know what you mean." She blinked and frowned. "I know the following-up for the infection is busy, so I want to help." She lowered her head, it was hard to tell if she was crying. "I just want to help." said Shu softly.

Zoobey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:06 pm
Mark just sort of stood there, awkwardly, and when it looked like Shu wasn't going to get any better, attempted to reach out to assure her, stopped himself, reached out again, and stopped himself.

He made a strange whining noise at the back of his throat pretty much equaling how much did really did not want any of this ever. "You can like, totally help," he said, each word dragging out to eternity, "sometimes you can um, help by you know, not helping- err, not that you're not helpful or anything because you are helpful. In your own way." A pause. "Um. Uh. Anything can happen if you...put...your mind to ...it....."

He was slowly inching away from her.

meegane

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:51 am
Shu didn't notice Mark's awkward touch-not-touching moments, but the hidden camera totally recorded the precious time, because they were on the corridor. She was trying her best to fathom what Mark's words meant.

He talked in English, but the petite Asian found it hard to follow. She could understand each word separately but not when they combined together. It was great that Shu was a patient girl, and Mark could use whatever amount of time for explanation.

She tilted her head like a curious but puzzled bird, "I'm a hunter, Uncle Mark. I've gone through a lot of dangers and critical moments since I woke up from the pod." She faced him and said with a determined face. "I know missions are dangerous, but I'm an intermediate level hunter now, I want to be useful to Deus. There're so many things happened lately, and I can help nothing with it. Those events are threatening the safety of my friends and the one I loved and liked."

She paused to take a deep breathe. "You know, I treat here like my second home, I want to contribute to my family." Her words softened, slowed down and her mild honey colored eyes was of a lukewarm temperature.

The petite girl could be aggressive if she wanted, but most of the time she didn't show it. "Don't worry, if anything happened to me, no one will blame you." Thinking he might regard her as a trouble, she beamed innocently. She made the decision and it would be her problem if anything happened.

"Tell me what're you worried about?"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:32 pm
Mark was thinking of a lot of things as Shu talked. He was thinking of breakfast. He was thinking about all the things that he ate that he really shouldn't have. He was thinking how overpriced the vending machines were, and that perhaps Sun Hunters were pretty clever on monopolizing the most popular of vending machines for personal profit and how he should take a page off their book. He was thinking of building a personal jacuzzi in his room that would also play the Star Wars opening theme when one walked in. He was thinking of a large amount of things that had absolutely nothing to do with Shu.

"Okay," he finally said, not hearing what she had said at all, or really understanding it. "So are we going to get something to eat because I refuse to use that stupid pocky vending machine that I never buy from."

Meanwhile, Caelius just stood there at the lighthouse, upsetting pretty much everyone within a ten meter radius of him by presence alone. Where upsetting was a euphemism.

Meegane

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:12 am
Mark spent too much idle time not replying her questions at all, Shu checked on his expression and noticed his soul was somewhere else. At that moment, Shu had a whim to catch the soul like she saw in anime, but even she knew it was too silly to do so. Thus, she spaced out as well, like two people with their souls wandered outside and only left the shells there. Just what they were thinking were so distinctively different.

First she thought of how many days he didn't sleep, he was so close to become a panda. Then, her muse went to fathom how the Death Assistant got hired on the post for that long when he often daydreamed, and she thought of if that meant she could daydream but still succeed as a hunter. Floating on a cloud, her mind went to the cakes in cafeteria, the today's special, etc. She might drool but before that happened, her soul returned to her body. Thinking to call Mark back to his body too, she was ready to clasp her hand together loudly in front of his face, when he said something.

She jolted and awkwardly dropped her hands, but shortly raised an eyebrow at the man. "I love Pocky, strawberry's my favourite." Without thinking, her first reply was that. "Wait-nope, no Uncle Mark, he's waiting for us at lighthouse and we're supposed to be preparing for it, like you give me a briefing and we go to pack up." The girl stated in a discovery tone, they had been wasting time. "OMG What time's it now? How long we've left? No time to eat!" Shu was in a jittery anxious mode realizing what they should be doing but they did something they shouldn't do.

She bounced around, hopping back and forth, mumbling "What should we do? what should we do?". "No time to space out or daydream! Oh dear oh dear we shall be too late" She hurried like the herald-like white rabbit late for his position. If Mark left her rambling, she'd caught his arms and began to shake him like a tree sheds coins when shaken.

Zoobey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:06 pm
Mark gave a pair of sexy Mist ladies passing by the smoulder, which they of course ignored.

"Huh?" He caught the tail end of Shu's conversation. "We can still get food at the vending machine. There's like, five and a half in the cafeteria, and if we're lucky, someone's probably handing out free only partially immoral food supplies." He had entirely forgotten about the lighthouse thing. "Why are we packing, are we going... camping?"

The Death Assistant texted Dwight just in case.

lizbot

Text from Mark:

Hey Dwight bro, we're going camping bring your stuff and like stuff but we gotta babysit Shu so like bring a stuffed animal or those things you collect the toys or whatev. C u in 5

Meanwhile, Caelius was deeply considering firing Shu and Mark from the division forever.

Meegane

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:50 am
Uncle Mark, Shu had been rolling her eyes like doing eye exercises for your flirty mind and non-sense.

"Caelius sama asked us to meet at the lighthouse after 15 minutes!" She kinda yelled it out. "Don't tell me you forget?!" Sorry Sir, Shu had really no intention to be fired, but she was dealing with the most clueless guy in the world. She tried and deserved a gold star.

However, she was a serious girl on serious matters, so - "I don't know if we're gonna camping, you don't even tell me ANYTHING about the mission we're going." She was a bit crazy at the moment. "He said meeting us in FIFTEEN minutes. AT THE LIGHTHOUSE." She stepped hard against the ground.

No, she wasn't lack of sugar. She was fine, but not fine.

Zoobey
Where are we going zoo? /squints at

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:56 am
zoobey

Text from Dwight:

Those are collector's items.

zoobey

Text from Dwight:

I'll bring the new runic tent prototype. They aren't setting themselves on fire anymore.

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:28 pm
"Relax," Mark texted Dwight a quick response of a smiley emote, or a few smiley emotes, before returning to look at Shu. "He said fifteen minutes, we've only been here around seventeen minutes and thirty-five seconds. Thirty-six. Thirty-seven. You can help me think of a cool and totally legitimate excuse, I usually use the I couldn't close my computer excuse. "

He looked around. "You got any smores? Dwight's bringing a tent man. Last time we had these like R2-D2-shaped ones, and we melted them, and well, like, the cracker sort of burned, but it was freaking awesome and we should do it again. Well, Dwight and I will do it again, and you can like, I dunno, tend the campfire."

Double thumbs up.

meegane

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas