Zphal
badgerworld
Zphal
badgerworld
honestly the legal stuff is the part i'm looking forward to least (and i'm terrified of the side effects of hormones so that's saying something)

good luck with all your stuff bro

Heh, there was a time early on in my transition where I wasn't sure if I wanted to get on hormones, but a year or two later it became very obvious to me that yes, yes I did want to.

(Still waiting on that though, cuz I'm getting eggs frozen first.)

mainly i made the mistake of reading health advice from other trans women on hormones like "make sure to get lots of calcium since progesterone can make your bones weak" and all this other stuff that's terrifying

i'm reasonably sure i'm going to start hormones at some point but it's scary and i'm p sure i'm going to have to self-med because i don't know if there are any therapists in the area and even if there were i don't want to risk getting a bad one

Ah yeah well I mean, all cis women have to watch out for osteoporosis too so yeah.

And hm... since I don't know where you live I can't make recommendations, but my plan is to go to the nearest Planned Parenthood that does "informed consent" for HRT.

i live in minnesota, a few hours away from the twin cities

so let's make that i don't know if there are any good therapists in the area or any planned parenthoods, i know there definitely isn't one in my immediate area