User Image
hibi: Sara sit outside Nawiri's den, sharpning her claws on the edge of a pointed rock. She was preparing them for what had become her daily routine of coating them. It varied what she coated her nails in from day to day, but she made sure they were coated in something. Whether it be oils to perfume, or poisons to kill, she made sure something adorned her claws to ad to the air about her.

The children had been rather curious of it ever since she had begun, and while she had been instructing them carefully about the plants she used, she had yet to make poisons a part of her lesson. That's because they were all still children in one semblance or another. They still fought on occassion, and they were still careless to a degree. She couldn't possibly allow them to mess with poisons and forget, accidentally scratching themselves or someone else. The last thing she would want is a witch hunt of her family.

No, for now their lessons were sufficient. And if she decided it was time to teach them about the arts that made her deadly to even the Captains and the Warlord, then she'd bring them together and teach them her ways. But for now, healing.

nessiaing: Tyr had been moping in the den. The young male had yet to terms with the fact that his appearance was so different from the rest of the family. Really it shouldn't matter to him but since the day the male had been born he remembered feeling out of place. After all how could he not when there was a set of triplets, a set of twins and him. Of course to add to that he was the only one that had yellow in his pelt. He knew that it came from his grandfather but it wasn't as if anyone in the den he shared with his mother and siblings looked like him.

Huffing the male got up and made his way to the enterance of the den. He smiled a little when he saw his mom's "friend" Sara sharpening her claws just outside the mouth of the den. Tyr liked Sara and he immediately decided to join her.

"Good morning." he said warmly offering her a bit of a nudge as he came up beside her and began to sharpen his claws as well. He hoped to gain her approval.

hibi: "It's a good day to die, child," Sara responded placidly, taking a moment to glance around the area incase of prying eyes before she nudged the tan boy back with a smile as he mimicked her ritual.

"You must always act as if the whole pride watches, Tyr. You never know when it actually will," She chided softly, before focusing her attention back to him as she watched him sharpen his claws.

"Do not sharpen yours so much," Sara commented, placing one of her paws next to his and extending her nails and toes slightly, "Your paws are much larger than mine, and hold great strength. Your claws must stay sharp, but thick to support your weight in battle. Mine? My paws are smaller, and my swings not as powerful so I must sharpen my claws extra so that they slice clean and true."

nessiaing: Tyr frowned for a moment looking aroudn the pride, of course no one was watching him. Why would anyone pay the odd one out in this little family of his. He let out a sigh, he knew what Sara meant no one was meant to know the relationship that she and Tyrs mother had. In the pride's view it wasn't proper and the family could be ostracized or worse becuase of it. "Yes Sara" he said bowing his head and giving her the respect she deserved as his elder.

When she began to talk to him about the strength in his paws and the length of his nails he stopped sharpening them and pulled them up to take a look at them. He flexed his paws to make each and everyone of his nails come out. Tyr despite his hang ups was pretty proud of his size and strength, he hoped one day he would make his mother proud and become a Reaver.

"Won't I want them sharp in battle though?" he asked Sara as he studied his claws flexing them in and out of his paws. Before he started to swing his paw in powerful strokes through the air.

hibi: "Yes, but not too sharp," Sara explained, watching as he swiped at the air with a small smile. "If they are too sharp, they will break under the damage of the blow. Then what? Your blows will be handicapped."

Sara watched as Tyr's paw swept through the air. The sound of the force echoing the sound of swift flying birds, or exceedingly fast prey. He needed to redirect this power of his before he lost it, or worse, ignored it. Sara and Nawiri had not yet talked about what the children would do with themselves upon age. She wondered daily if they both were simply too eager to keep them as children forever. It was not Nawiri's first litter, but these weren't just Nawiri's children; they were also Sara's. Ones she wanted good futures for. Advantageous futures for.

"Tyr, have you thought of what you wish to do with yourself?" Sara asked, plucking a nut shell with what looked like green goop from inside her make-shift hyde pouch. "Your newphew, Gidjeon, wishes to be a Lawspeaker. It is a good fit for him, because he watches and knows. What sort of fit do you think is good for you, child?"

User Image
nessiaing: Tyr frowned a little about at the mention of his nephew. Tyr had always found it strange that his half siblings were so much older than he was, and his nieces and nephews were also a fair bit older than him. It just seemed weird to him. He shook his head, age shouldn't matter lets face it his family was all over the place and the fact that his nephew was older than him was the least of his concerns.

"Well I know I don't wish to be a lawspeaker." he answered without missing a beat. "I have to much physical strength to be sitting about talking about the rules. I much rather be out and about testing them." he said with a micheivous grin on his face.

"Do you think I could be a Reaver, or even a Captain?" Tyr asked with a hint of worry in his voice.

hibi:

nessiaing:

hibi:

nessiaing:

hibi:

nessiaing: