.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]
[CHAL] Let Me In (Sebor x Mfalme)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
SilverLutz rolled 5 4-sided dice: 4, 3, 4, 2, 4 Total: 17 (5-20)

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 7:56 am
User Image Mfalme let out a slow breath of relief as the first smells of the Stormborn reached his nose. Phew, that had taken a bit longer than he had anticipated! Granted, he hadn't mind the journey since he had picked up a rather interesting companion along the way. Resque was with him and she was quite interested in joining the Stormborn as well. He'd be interested to see how they both fared in the trial to join.

Standing at the edge of the pride, he roared a challenge to any who would take it. It wasn't long before he spotted a lioness coming towards them and he stepped forward, letting the Reaver know he'd be the first to challenge her. He wanted to show off just a bit for Resque, anyway. They had hunted together but that was about it. It was time to show her that he wasn't just a one trick pony.

"I'm Mfalme and I'd like to test myself against you," he said once the Reaver was in hearing range.  
SilverLutz rolled 5 4-sided dice: 4, 1, 4, 3, 1 Total: 13 (5-20)
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 7:57 am
User Image A roar made Sebor's ear twitch slightly as she lay with her snoozing cubs in her den. A challenger...hm. She looked at the three balls of fluff and, before making sure they were sound asleep by nudging each with her nose, stood and stretched. She had been taking care of her new brood each moment of the day and was itching for some action. Cubs were great, but her first litter had given her six, so this bundle of three was only half the work. Still a pawful, certainly, but she didn't feel like she was going to tear fur out of her head over it.

She sauntered to the border and found two lions waiting both with rather strange markings. Sebor turned to the male first as he addressed her and smirked at his words. He seemed fairly laid back but confident, truly he was meant to be here. But first he had to prove himself.

"I'll accept your challenge. Know that if you don't pass you can try again."

She waited as was her habit, letting the new lion make the first move.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:18 pm
Once his challenge was accepted, Mfalme didn't waste any time in circling or talking. Instead he charged head-on, teeth bared in an intimidation tactic. His claws dug into the dirt as he launched himself at the female, a powerful roar leaving his maw.

Sebor was ready for the attack and charged as soon as the other lion did, and the two met clashing in the air. She was a bit surprised to feel the sting of claws rake over her shoulder and she gave a loud roar of her own to let the challenger know that wasn't okay. This was a test of strength and mentality, not an attempt to injure one another.

The roar made Mfalme retract his claws, but he didn't lessen his attacks. His paws rained down on the female as they fought on hind legs, the both of them with their mouths open and terrifying snarls and roars echoing in the rocky area. Finally Mfalme fell to his feet and retreated a bit, panting heavily. Sebor did the same, feeling muscles aching that she hadn't used in weeks thanks to playing mother to her cubs.

She didn't waste any time in charging again. She liked to let the challenger attack to see how they planned their moves and then she liked to be the aggressor to see how they dealt with an attack. Mfalme was quick to react, meeting her head on once again. He didn't like to turn from a fight, instead meeting the challenge head on and without fear. Sebor reacted in kind, ducking at the last moment to go for his paws.

The move surprised Mfalme but he recovered quickly, rearing back as best he could. It left his underbelly open for just a few moments, but he hopped back to the ground before Sebor could react. They circled each other for a moment, each looking for an opening, and finally Mfalme darted in again. Sebor quickly swatted his nose and made him snarl, using his shoulder to shove her in her side. The lioness went down to the ground for a moment but was back up in a flash, although it was just a bit too slow. A large paw caught her square in the jaw and sent her back to the ground.

Sebor saw stars as she got back to her feet and shook her head. This guy was quick. His tactics were pretty straight forward which was very different from her own style, but she could appreciate that he was strong and knew what he was doing. Mfalme, on his part, didn't attack again while Sebor found her footing.

"All right. I've made my decision," she said, focusing her eyes on the red male. "You are worthy of a place in the pride, Mfalme. I am Sebor and I'm glad to have admitted you to the Stormborn."

At her words, Mfalme's eyes lit up and a grin covered his maw. "Oh, great! Thank you," he said with an incline of his head. She had been tough and he had thought for a moment he had read her wrong, but...no. He'd done well. "If you're not too tired, perhaps you could test my friend as well?"

He nodded over to where Resque was still waiting and Sebor glanced her way. She thought for a moment before giving her body a mental once-over. She was sore but there was that fire in her chest that she got when she was doing challenges that could only be satisfied with more of the same.

"I think I can give her a go," she said as the two turned to walk towards the female. "For future reference, claws and teeth are frowned upon in challenges."

"Ah...yes, I got that," Mfalme said. "Terribly sorry.'

"No harm no foul," Sebor said with a shrug as they approached Resque. "Just something to know for when you're the one inspecting and testing the challengers." She could only imagine how soon that would be - this guy seemed like Reaver material.

FIN
WC: 1030  
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces