User Image
nessiaing: Maia was loving her new home. They grey lioness had managed to fit in quite well with the folk that lived here. It was much different than her old home where a lot of females were treated like property. No here Maia was her own woman a free agent and a fisker. She loved to catch fish, and it turned out she was surprisingly good at it.

Taking a break Maia came up out of the water of the little lake she ahd been swimming in, laying down beside the pile of fish she had already collected.

Moose: It was odd for Iratze not to be accompanied by one of her older cousins, but today they were all with family. Xabryel was busy with patrols and his cubs, which while adorable as they were, took up a good deal of time. Normally she would have assisted, but as she had been under the weather lately the leopardess was on her own. Her family had traveled quite far from the South recently, which more than likely tired her out. So, it was with no small amount of pleasure, that Iratze came across a lake. The ailing leopardess sat on the side lines, allowing her paws to feel cool in the water before dipping down for a drink.

nessiaing: The movement caught Maia's eyes rather quickly. She turned quickly to look at who was there and spotted a leopardess. She perked up she ahdn't seen a leopard in a while, one of her aunts was a leopard and Maia had always liked her.

She lifted her head studying her wondering if perhaps she would like company. With a smile on her face she called out to her, "Hi there. Are you alright." Maia's face was filled with concern she didn't think the leopardess looked all that well.

Moose: Iratze licked her lips as she looked up. Her gaze was slightly fuzzy, but now that she was cooling down it had begun to clear. Ducking her head sheepishly, she gave a nervous little smile, "I've been better, but it's nothing to be concerned about. It'll pass before you know it." And she should know; Iratze had been sickly since her birth, so these things just came and went. "Are there any fish left in the lake, or did you catch them all?" She smiled, teasing a little.

nessiaing: Maia cocked her head to the side listening to her talk about her illness passing, it didn't sound good but Maia supposed it wasn't any of her business. She just hoped that the leopardess was right about it and that it would pass quickly.

Looking back towards the fish Maia cocked a smile. "I think there might be one or two there, I try to leave the a few so they ca make more." She answered with a chuckle.

"Would you like some? I am a fisher for my pride, but there I have a few here that I could spare." she said in a kind voice.

User Image
Moose: Even before being invited to the fish Iratze had already been moving closer to her. After having been raised in a family unit riddled with diversity and little contact with the outside world the petite leopardess knew nothing of fearing strangers. Pausing for a moment, her cheeks flushed and she smiled, "Thank you, that's very generous." Sitting down beside Maia, she tried to pick out the smallest fish to take for herself. "What kind of pride is it that you fish for? I'm not encroaching on anyones territory, am I?" The thought seemed to really distress her.

nessiaing: Maia smiled happy to have done something nice for the rogue leopardess. She was a fairly caring figure with maternal instincts and no one to mother. She watched her pick out the smallest fish and frowned, that just wouldnt do.

"I live in a pride of farmers more or less, we have a good sense of community and use our stregnths to help the pride as a whole. You are close to our land but you need not fret. We are a family group."

She pushed the biggest fish in the pile towards the leopardess. "Here have more." she siad with a smile. "What about you where are you from?" she asked.

Moose: She picked away at the scales carefully to expose the meat beneath. Even while eating Iratze made sure to look at her host every once in a while, afraid to upset or disappoint. The young leopardess was riddled with anxietys that only seemed to crop up around strangers. "Thats really...it sounds nice, but frankly, a little odd." She tried to make herself look small after saying it, even if it was the truth. A pride of farmers? How weird. "Oh no, I couldn't. You have a pride to feed and I'm perfectly fine with this." Iratze smiled. "My family has lived in the rogue lands...well, for a long time. We've formed a little mobile pride all our own. It's nice, if not a little strange. My grandfather is a lion, my aunt is a Wild dog and my cousins cheetah lover was raised by a hyena. We've pretty much got everything covered."

nessiaing: Maia smiled and accepted her fish back, she wished the the small leopardess would eat more but she wasn't going to force the fish down her throat either.

"Sounds like quite the motley crew you have there." she said with a wink. Her old home had had some diversity, but it was still all felines. "We have just lions here and some variety of familiars but thats about it."

Maia scooped up her fish into a pelt and bunched it up to carry hem all together. "I should be getting back to the pride though. I'm glad that we met do travel safe." Maia stooped to pick up her pelt making sure to drop a fish as she walked away. She made sure to go fast so that the leopardess wouldn't be able to call her back for it.

Moose: "You have no idea," Iratze chuckled. With some food in her belly and water to cool her the little runt of a female was feeling more at ease. "Thank you for the fish!" She called out, only noticing too late the one that the lioness had left behind. Even as far away as she was she still called out again, then frowned and looked up on it. Well...no sense wasting it... Iratze picked it up in her maw and started back home. At best she would give it to the cubs and at worse...well, one more couldn't hurt, right? Smiling she took off, ready to tell her cousin about the lands they bordered and the sweet stranger she had met.