Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]
[PRV] Poaching for a trade (Alabaster/Wotlich)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:32 pm
User Image

The edges of the pride's lands weren't somewhere most members of the Kizingo'zaa went. Only the thieves, merchants, and patrons broached the border, and for Wambleeska, it was rarely. But the time had come - He was stepping past the border to go do some trading. He wanted to find something special for his girls, for one. He wanted to find interesting and unusual items, for another. As the salmon-marked pale lion walked, his dark pink eyes scanned the trees, looking for... Well, anything, really.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:14 pm
Loafing about the tree lines close to the pride lands, Wotlich stared at her current loot. Interesting shiny bobbles, flowers and strange creatures all of which were her pride and joy. She ever found some human cloth in her travels, what she would do with it she wasn't sure. Picking it up, Wotlich spread the cloth wide and lifted it towards the sun to see how transparent it was. Sadly, very, but perhaps she could trade it?

Eyes glanced out towards the pridelands as a lion came into view on the horizon. "Ask and you shall receive."  

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:26 pm
While he'd been minding his own, the pale lion hadn't missed the goddess. He was well aware of what she was - After all, he'd seen many in his travels, with one as a pride brother and another as, technically, his father-in-law. Lions didn't grow horns, so his conclusion was that she could only be a goddess. He'd started to simply pass her, leaving her to her own devices as it'd be the polite thing to do, when he notice the cloth. It was quite lovely... Something that, surely, Mola'katiti would like. Emera had her scarf marked with stars, but Katiti had nothing. He was thoughtful for a moment, before heading over. "Good day, mighty goddess! That's a lovely piece of fabric you have there!"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:50 pm
Watching the lion approach her, Wotlich waited patiently though her mouth formed a hard line as he spoke. His tone and words seemed almost strained to her, like he was trying too hard to get on her good side. Ignoring it for the time being so gave the lion a large grin, offering the cloth to be admired. "Yes, it is a fine piece of cloth. I am unsure what use I might have for it though. I generally only want things that a little harder to acquire... if you know what I mean." Taking in the features of the white pride lander, Wotlich wondered if perhaps she could just use this as a place for trading unwanted items. It was certainly worth a try.  

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:28 pm
His ears pricked up. Well, if this wasn't his lucky day! "You would be in luck, actually." He motioned behind him. "These lands belong to the Kizingo'zaa, and we have amid our numbers many traders... Myself included." He eyed the cloth, then looked at the goddess. "Would there happen to be something in particular you might want in exchange for that?"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:17 pm
Pondering for many a moment, Wotlich ruminated on just what she might want in exchange for the thin, but well treated cloth. After several seconds an idea came to mind, a devilish idea at that. "I want information. What is here that can be found no where else? What is forbidden to take from these lands?" Moving the cloth from one paw to the other she waited for his reply, hoping that perhaps something interesting could be found out about these lands.  

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:30 pm
The male let out a hm, pondering what could only be found here. "For things you can't take, that'd be our freedom and methods in maintaining it... As for something that can only be found here..." He rubbed his chin, and finally gave a nod. "The gypsy way of life."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:53 pm
That wasn't the answer she had been looking for. Hell, that was far from the answer she was looking for. Exaggeratingly rolling her eyes, Wotlich's gaze held her companions. "I am sure you know that this wasn't exactly the answer I was looking for." Huffing, she continued, "I want information on something tangible, something you can only grow or find here. Bones, plants, animals, something?"

Stepping backward, Wotlich sniffed at the air, there was so much salt it was nearly stinging her nostrils. "Maybe something aquatic?" Gazing out towards the pride now, the goddess took a step back, dropping the cloth.

"You are welcome to take this, however in doing so you are making a contract with me. Find me something unique and of value in your pride and offer it to me for my collection."  

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:17 pm
Wamblee's ears folded back, a frown on his face. "Ma'am, I'm unaware at this time of anything we cannot remove from our pride's lands besides our own children, but cubs are certainly not unique to us." He contemplated over a solution for a moment, glancing to the side. "But perhaps, in the future... We might." He looked back at her, head inclining. "Give me time and I will find you something. Alright?" Maybe one of the seers would dream something, have a vision of a future treasure. Who knew? Only time would tell.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:31 pm
"I shall hold you to your word." Continuing to back away from the cloth and the lion, Wotlich kept her gaze steadily fixed on the stranger, "Seek me out when you find what I am looking for." Nodding her head, she turned away from the lion, her mind already made up. He would find what she wanted, or she would make an example out of him.  

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:06 pm
The mortal lion nodded, watching her go. As he took the cloak, he got a sudden sense of foreboding, wondering for a moment if he'd made a mistake. It was too late now, of course, so all he could do was hope something came up.  
[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games