Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:35 pm
User Image

It had been a while since Ky had gone out on his own, what with having two handsome, fast growing boys suddenly appear in his life with little to no clue how to raise a child. But he had managed somehow and now the two were old enough to do things on their own, just like today. Both had run off to play with besties or do their own thing leaving this purple demon with nothing to occupy his time so he figured a trip around the shopping district might pass some time.

He figured he could stock up on things and kill two birds with one stone so the demon had brought along his coin pouch and took his time meandering past stands or through stores. He bought a couple home necessities and a rather nice woven basket to carry it all in. He even found a few knick knacks he that thought the boys would like. However he found nothing else of much use to him at this particular store so he went on his way, glancing about the crowed.

Ky had been a nervous wreck since that one Venus day celebration, but he had been working hard to over come it, or at least keep it secret. He didn't want to be rude but he couldn't help but feel extremely on edge around large groups of pae still, particularly males. Whenever another would smile and wave at him, He shot his hand up and waggled his fingers, producing the most awkward and painful looking smile, back stepping to try to keep plenty of space between himself. Though that back stepping sent him right into the backside of another pae.

"Goodness, I'm so sorry!" he gasped, spinning around to see who he had hit. Oh thank the Guardians it wasn't a male at least! "I'm so sorry Ma'am, its all my fau...lt." he blinked as he couldn't help but notice what it was she was trying to do. She had the carcasses of critters, no doubt ones she hunted herself but.... she was trying to trade them for pillows?

Was that normal? He guessed it could have been but.... well he hadn't seen anyone trade dead things for pillows before.

Kira of Flames

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:23 pm
User Image

Tourmaline bit back a frustrated sigh, feeling a headache coming along as the shop keeper she was currently 'talking' with continued to low ball her. It wasn't that she was was doing something strange, usually she traded in the meats that she'd caught for comfort items when she didn't need them for her own consumption. However, the Pae she was currently dealing with was acting like the pathetic little offer of a nearly flat sack full of hay was the offer of a life time. It was probably because she was mute that he thought he could low ball her like this.

She was just about to make an obscene gesture out of pure anger, when she was bumped into from the side. Turning in surprise, she blinked at the other, very purple demon as he apologized for it. Quickly, she shook her head and waved her hand to try to stop the apology, then pointed to herself and smiled. She was fine, there was no harm done.

Looking back at the merchant, she snorted a little, used her middle finger and thumb to make a flicking away sign, and then stepped away from the booth with a sigh. She ran a hand through her blond hair, wondering if maybe she should just stop at the butcher's or skinner's again. These were small animals, but all clean kills since they were caught by traps. Really, she wouldn't be here right now if it wasn't for the fact that she'd worn her old pillow past the point of salvaging.

Fea Line

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:47 pm
Ky had thought the girl was about to tell him off when she waved at him but then pointed to herself and smiled. Sooo... she was ok? She wasn't mad? But maybe mad at the shop keeper? She seemed to only be using hand gestures and grunts. Was she just that angry at the shop keeper? "Ah, I'm so glad I didn't hurt you." he grinned, glancing from her stack of small critters to the sack of hay the shop keeper was trying to offer her. He wasn't sure that was such a good deal but he didn't feel that was his place to say. "I...ah... hope you can get what you need for that!" he half chuckled, hugging his basket closer. Blinking, the purple demon ran a hand through his own hair, the inner struggle commencing of if he should stick around longer or just continue on his way.

Kira of Flames

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:41 pm
Tourmaline gave the fellow purple Pae a warm smile as he wished her good fortune. She began gesturing again, signing her thanks to him and that she hoped to find a decent price for them as well. Her brows furrowed into a questioning look as she mimicked something fluffy, then resting one's head on something. Did he maybe know of another place that also sold pillows? Really, she was just looking for a new pillow, maybe one that wasn't just solid straw. It didn't have to be too fancy.

Fea Line

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:19 pm
The more and more the other demon used her hands to mimic signs and what Ky assumed to be....objects(?) the more his mind slowly began to put two and two together. She wasn't speaking because she was angry...no she wasn't speaking period. Not even to the shopkeeper. Maybe....she really couldn't speak at all.

Now feeling rather nervous, mostly because he didn't really understand what she was trying to sign to him, he stumbled over his first few words. "I-i-i-I am....s-s-so s-s-sorry but I...ah... I'm not sure I understand.....w-w-what you are trying to tell me." he glanced at her apologetically, hugging his basket closer out of embarrassment. He really wanted to help but.... he was clueless.

He glanced from her, back to her offer to the shop keeper then back to her again, running her hand motions over and over through his mind. "Are you...trying to ask me if I know where...to....get....something?" he tilted his head, swallowing hard and hoping he at least semi close to what she had been asking.

Kira of Flames

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:39 am
Seeing the sudden change in the purple male and knowing that he suddenly realized she was mute, a gentle smile came over Tourmaline's face. This had happened to her so many times in her life that she was used to it, and she always felt bad for the awkwardness that followed the realization. Reaching out, she softly placed a hand on Kylieam's shoulder to reassure him that there was nothing to feel bad for.

Her red eyes watched him as he fell quiet again, her head tilting a little as she wondered what he was thinking. A wide smile broke out over her face as he came to his understanding of her wishes... sort of. Nodding her head to confirm that his conclusion was correct, she then attempted to specify what she was looking for. Using both hands, she used her pointer fingers to draw a square shape in the air between them. Then, miming as if this object were real, she picked it up in her hands and 'squished' it a little, then bent over a little and pretend to rest her head on it like one would when sleeping.

And then she waited to see if the male understood. If he didn't, she'd fine another way to get her message across.

Fea Line

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:45 pm
At first he wasn't sure what she could be looking for that was square. At least, what specifically as he could think of quite a few things that came in that shape. But when she began to do what looked like hugging it hen resting her head on it as if she were sleeping, it all clicked.

"A pillow!" he smiled and chuckled, realizing how silly he must look for having taken that long to figure out what she was trying to ask of him. "I think I saw a shop with some just a ways back there." he nodded, turning to point behind him with one hand, other hand adjusting his basket closer to his chest. He then realized maybe she couldn't quite see where he was pointing through all the pae and turned back to her, running his hand over the back of his head. "Aah... if you'd like... I can show you? To make up for...ya know, bumping int you." he half chuckled again, a truly apologetic look coming over his features.

Kira of Flames

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:58 pm
With a gasp of excitement, Tourmaline clapped her hands together and gave a brilliant smile. She nodded her head in confirmation, her red eyes first focusing sharply on him as he gave directions and then behind him as she attempted to see where he was mapping a path for her. Biting her lip, she realized she still didn't know exactly where it was that he was directing to her.

At his offer, however, her worry dissipated, and she nodded her head excitedly. How lucky that she ran into such a kind stranger! When he mentioned doing this in return for having bumped into her, a soft snort came from her as she laughed and shook her head, a hand waving as she tried to tell him not to worry. She hadn't been hurt, and there had been no damage done, after all!

Fea Line

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:50 pm
"Ah!" the purple demon exclaimed in excitement, he too clapping his one hand against the side of his basket once and smiling brightly. "Right then, I'll take you to it!" he chuckled, turning to face the right direction, tilting his head to watch and wait for her to join him. When he did so, his smile grew wider. "I'm Kylieam by the way, its a pleasure to meet you." he said....then paused.

How even would he get her name? She couldn't speak...and he didn't really understand her signing... maybe if she spelled it in basic letter shapes? Oh but what if it was a really long name.... OH! What if she could write it down?! No....wait...what if asking her was considered rude... Gah! Why couldn't he just understand her fingers!!

All these thoughts rushing through his head left a visual clue on his facial features, though he was unaware of it. The last thing he wanted to do was accidentally insult her when he nearly knocked her down.

Kira of Flames

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:09 pm
Checking that her dead squirrels were still tied around her waist, Tourmaline happily made her way up to Kylieam's side and flashed him a grin. With a flat hand facing towards her, she placed her fingertips to her mouth and then let her forearm fall forward at the elbow to arch the hand down. She knew that he wouldn't understand, but it was the sign for thank you, and she was conditioned for manners. At his name, she gave a soft grunt to let him know she'd caught it, but saw his facial expression change slowly. Something was troubling his thoughts.

Gently she tapped his arm. This was probably the only thing she knew she could get across to him. Once she had his attention, she took care to sign slowly. Using her pointer finger, she drew a smile on her face, then used an open palm to make a few light brushing upwards motions on her chest. Again, she mimicked a smile, then did the motion again. Happy.

Once she was sure he grasped the gist of the gesture, she moved to the second one. She held both hands out, all fingers curled in except the pointer finger, which she had both pointed skywards. Using her right hand, she pointed at Kylieam, then tapped on her left pointer finger, then pointed back to him. This was him. She then reset to the two fingers pointing upwards, and did the same motion to assign herself to the other hand. Resetting her hand positions back once more, she had them come together. Repeating the motion of the two hands with pointer fingers aimed at the sky coming together, she stepped up closer to him to mime it. Meet.

Stepping back for space, she then gave the last sign, which she knew he'd understand. She pointed right at him. You.

Pausing for a moment, she repeated all three signs together and waited for him to process what she was trying to say. Happy to meet you.

She knew that she wouldn't be able to communicate her name to him, and without family or someone who knew her for introductions there was no way she could get her name across. He still needed something to call her by, however, so she resigned to being addressed by her hair color. Pointing to herself, she then pulled forward some strands of hair and pointed to the platinum blond.

Fea Line

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:21 pm
Ky was not known for his genius. He didn't walk around proclaiming to be either. He was a simple purple demon with simple pleasures....and it took him quite a while to try to figure out what this girl was signing to him. Which only made him feel worse. Thankfully she seemed to catch on to that and was happy...or should he say willing enough to repeat the gestures several times.

Even still he wasn't sure he got the jist of it all, he at least had an idea. At least the smile he knew was happy and she kept pointing to him a few times so it had to do something with him. He wasn't quite sure about the one where she kept pointing up and then pressing her fingers together, in fact each time she did so he glanced upwards out of habit before he realized it probably had nothing to do with the actual sky. The fact that she kept making gestures that one was him and one was her led him to eventually come to the conclusion it had something to do with greeting or.. meeting. Yeah maybe that was it!

She was happy to meet him!

"Hey, maybe I can get the hang of this... eventually." he chuckled, though somewhat embarrassed like. "Though I think... it would take a lot of patience to teach me..." he smiled half heartedly before looking over what she was doing now. Pointing...to her...hair? "Hair? B...Bl..blonde? Do you want me to call you that?" he tilted his head and looked at her confused before shaking his head. "No no that just sounds so rude...blondey...sounds insulting." he shook his head again, tapping a finger to his chin and giving her a look over.

Her green was so striking but it complimented her purple well....and those red eyes. But still calling her a color just felt wrong to him. Maybe...something short. Lady? No that still sounded rude. Hmm....what about shorter... like... "L? Can I call you L?" he blinked at her, a small smile crossing his lips. "That is of course, if you don't mind. Or if you really prefer Blondey... ?"

Kira of Flames

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:42 pm
A wide smile spread over Tourmaline's face as she saw an understanding dawn over Ky. Yes! He could learn! Quickly, she took his hands in hers and jumped in excitement and elation.

Her face scrunched a bit as Ky made the remark of 'blondey' sounding like an insult, and shrugged casually. When her family or a friend wasn't there to introduce her to someone, it was difficult for her to communicate her own name to someone. Blondey was just an easy means of getting her attention. Her face turned almost sour at the idea of "L" for a moment, then a look of thoughtfulness came over her. L wasn't in her taste, but if she could get her to call her "Lee" from the second-to-last syllable in her name, that could suffice.

She moved to stand next to Ky, taking his hand in hers and flipping it palm up. Carefully she traced the inscription for "Lee" a couple of time, and then looked up at him to wait for his response. Did he understand?

Fea Line

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas