Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!
DO NOT LEAVE YOUR DOGGIES OUTSIDE IN COLD/WET WEATHER!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MARI/CELESTE IS ANGRY
  grrrrrr
View Results

m4r1p0s4

Eco-friendly Sex Symbol

10,750 Points
  • Planetary Technician 150
  • Market Browser 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:47 pm
IT DRIVES ME
INSANE

WHEN CUSTOMERS TIE THEIR DOGS TO THE BIKE RACK OUTSIDE MY WORKPLACE

ESPECIALLY IN SHITTY WEATHER scream

LIKE DON'T DO IT

THESE ARE YOUR BABIES

WOULD YOU LEAVE YOUR CHILD OUTSIDE WHILE YOU SHOP?? NO, PROBABLY NOT

CARRY YOUR PET INSIDE OR LEAVE IT AT HOME  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:37 am
Pets shouldn't be left outside in the sweltering heat, either. Even animals need to stay hydrated and be safe from harsh sunlight.  

Catkid_neo

Magical Cat

10,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:33 pm
I'm so glad that my state - Washington - finally passed a law that makes it a class 2 civil infraction to leave or confine any animal unattended in a motor vehicle or enclosed space if the animal could be harmed or killed by exposure to excessive heat, cold, lack of ventilation, or lack of necessary water. Furthermore, it allows an animal control officer or law enforcement officer to have authorization to enter a vehicle or enclosed space to remove an animal by any means reasonable - if the animal's health and safety is in question and no other person is present in the immediate area who has access to said area - and will not be liable for any damage to property resulted in said action.

Having had several dogs be left in the back of vehicles in our theater parking lot with no food/water or barely any room to move during the cold season, this law definitely will be a great relief for us animal lovers who want action to be done.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:26 pm
My inlaws neighbors (they live in a duplex) have this beagle that they bought and stuck inside a kennel outside. I swear I have NEVER seen this dog outside the thing. Granted it's a large structure and he has plenty of room to run around but why buy a dog if you're just going to stick it outside and not interact with it?  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

m4r1p0s4

Eco-friendly Sex Symbol

10,750 Points
  • Planetary Technician 150
  • Market Browser 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:00 am
Mama Ame
My inlaws neighbors (they live in a duplex) have this beagle that they bought and stuck inside a kennel outside. I swear I have NEVER seen this dog outside the thing. Granted it's a large structure and he has plenty of room to run around but why buy a dog if you're just going to stick it outside and not interact with it?

gonk

nooooooo  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:19 am
People can be quite horrible when it comes to dogs. There was a beagle that got hit by a car several months back not too far from a farm-house mom and I would pass on the way to and from town. Nobody moved it. Nobody got it help. It was dead when we found it and we're pretty sure it belonged to the people who lived in that house. Those people would drive past their dead dog and not move him. Finally, my mom stepped in and moved the poor thing somewhere his body wouldn't get run over again. sad

Another time, some people tried to abandon their dog near our house. I felt bad for it. I'm glad the people changed their minds.  

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

t0adlicker

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:37 pm
I live on the prairies, in summer it can get to about +40 including the humidity. (90F)
About three years ago when I still lived with my parents, it was a particularly hot and humid day. My neighbor across the street put her giant black lab outside, I thought it was pretty weird considering how bloody hot it was, but figured she just let him out to pee and went out. I mentioned my concern to my mother, and she said she would keep an eye on the dog. A get home a few hours later, and I hear this dog barking, look and see that this poor dog is still outside. It's been about four/five hours now. I said ******** this, and made my way over to my neighbors house. I went into the backyard, and the dog was a little hesitant but wouldn't even get up to come and bark at me because he was so ******** hot. I let him sniff me and gave him a scratch on the head. When I touched him he was so hot it was heartbreaking.
Thankfully I brought a Giant ice cream pail of ice water with me and he went to town.
I went back to the front and knocked on the door so ******** loud the neighbors beside her could probably hear. Lady answered and I bitched her out for forgetting about her dog, saying that I noticed the poor dog outside all day and she should be ashamed of herself. blah blah blah ect ect, threatened to call the Humane Society. Basically ripped her a new one. She didn't even seem to care she just said "Oh, I must have forgotten he was out there."
Well no kidding, dipshit. scream

Moral of the story, people need to take better care of their pets.
And the lady is more careful now. I spoke with a few of my neighbors and if she does it again we're calling the humane society.
This happened about three years ago, and she still has the dog but nothing like that has happened since.
cool  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:02 pm
But huskies can't freeze, they put one in a pool of liquid nitrogen for an hour and it didn't even get cold.

Falcon IV

Duck

12,825 Points
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items