User Image

Hial moved with a spring in her step, in quite a good mood over all. She had made a new friend and was sure she was going to be able to convince her to come on the next raid. Hial wanted Tahki by her side, that was what she knew. The large lioness would be a good partner, a very good party member for the raiding. Hial had spent a few days with the other, and she very much enjoyed Tahki's company. She was glad to be making more friends, letting herself move away from Feykir as her only source of social interaction. Of course, he'd never been her sole source of friendship and social interaction… just a very heavily used source.

Even so, she couldn't help but feel that there had been a distinctive lack of the annoying a** since they'd both run into Dagrún. Hial had a few ideas of what that was about, but she wasn't sure she really wanted to entertain those thoughts. Still, ever since that lioness had run into she and Feykir… there was a little nagging thought at the very back of her mind that she just couldn't shake. She hated it, that thought… but more and more it seemed her guard was down and she caught herself imagining for a moment what it would be like… what it would mean. Which always brought about the thoughts of if that lioness really had a gift of future sight or was simply making things up on the spot. Some did, Hial was very aware of that fact.

User Image

Feykir yawned and stretched before shaking out some of the dirt from his pelt. He'd decided something finally. He would take Hial as a wife… well, no. He wouldn't take her, of course. There was no taking Hial… but he would ask her. She was… perhaps his one true friend… but certainly more than that. It was so clear to see now. With the help of the lioness… and with the threat of another claiming his place at her side… that was where he belonged. By her side, and she by his. He had decided to no longer let the thought of ruining their friendship stop him… well, it wasn't like he'd had ideas of Hial becoming his wife for a long time. Simply put… it all just finally made sense. She was his closest confident, after all.

To his surprise he had only walked a short amount of time before Hial had swayed into his sight. He smirked, rolling his eyes at her as she started to move in some weird, complicated manner. "Don't tell me you're tail over ears this early in the day, Hial!" He teased, feeling even more sure of his decision.

"Har har, you're so funny, Feykir!" Hial called back, picking up her pace and then deciding to move into a full run as she leapt and attempted to tackle him to the ground. "Off guard!" She shouted, laughing.

He grunted as she was suddenly flying at him, kicking with his hind legs before rolling. After a bit of rough play he let her win, laying on his back and grinning up on her. "Oh my, aren't you so strong?" He flashed his eyebrows at her, still amused.

Hial whapped him on the nose with her paw, rolling her eyes. "Well actually, I am." She grinned before jumping off of him and moving in a slow circle around his body. "Getting pudgy there, aren't you?" As she came to his stomach she prodded it with the same paw she'd used to smack him before laughing and jumping back as he rolled to his feet.

"Looks like I'm not the only one with jokes!" He sounded amused by this, still teasing. He cleared his throat and moved towards her, nudging her with his hip. "Walk with me? I have something I want to say." Well that was odd… he'd been so sure, so confident only moments ago… and now? Well suddenly he was feeling nervous. Would Hial even consider being his wife? Letting him be her husband? He was not so sure all of a sudden.

She snorted, eyebrows drawing downwards in a clear mixture of both amusement and confusion. "Oh, you have to walk while you talk now? You seem to be doing just fine speaking while standing still right now." What was this now? This was quite out of character for Feykir… why was he being so serious? "Well, whatever it is… of course we can walk. The exersize will be good for that pudgy belly of yours anyhow." She laughed, though this time her laughter was slightly softer. Just on the side of unsure.

He cleared his throat again, scowling at her. She always had to be so difficult, didn't she? What an a*****e… one of the many reasons he enjoyed her company. "Don't be a jerk, Hial. Just c'mon, let's walk then." He rolled his eyes at her second comment about his weight. "Oi, don't you think that's too much? I'm hardly fat! The next viking will suck it all right off, don't you think?" They walked for a while just trading insults back and forth, speaking of nothing and little things and anything that felt comfortable. Feykir mentally chided himself though, he was putting off asking her.

After a while of walking but nothing really being discussed Hial grew more and more curious. What was it, exactly, that Feykir wanted to speak of? He was clearly avoiding it. She thought she already knew what was going on, some how. "So… going to ask then?" She finally stated, after a few long moments of quiet.

He stopped almost immediately when the words came out of her mouth, eyes wide. "You already figured it out, haven't you? Never mind… well.. then." He fizzled to a stop, coughing slightly. "Always have to make things awkward, huh?" He grinned at her. "…You and me? What do you think?"

She found herself laughing heartily when Feykir finally asked in such a stupid manner! What an idiot he was! Her laughter cut off when Feykir's face grew slightly upset and certainly annoyed. "Oh cool it, mister suave. You mean like… married? You and me? You do remember our warning, eh?" She nudged him.

Oh gosh, he'd make such a mistake! Hial was just going to turn this into some sort of joke and now their friendship would be strained and…

"You should see the look on your face, Feykir!" She mumbled, suddenly very close to the other. She bumped her head into his. "..You don't think it'd be weird, you and me?"

"Weird?" He questioned, taking a step back, then frowning in puzzlement. "No, no not weird… maybe a little, at first?" He cleared his throat again and moved forward, erasing the space he'd just put between them before nuzzling his head against her own. "Do you think of this as weird?" He whispered softly.

Hial was kicking herself, thinking maybe she'd brought the teasing too far. Suddenly Feykir was nuzzling into her though… different than the teasing hitting or friendly nuzzling. She was momentarily stunned before she started to laugh again. "Only a little." She answered softly back, being honest. "…Alright Feykir. Let's do it, I'll let you be my husband." Her smile was large, bright.

His smile was equally large. "It's done then! You can't take it back, Hial!" He nipped her cheek. Well… a married lion then, look at that! "So, let's do it… and tonight let's celebrate." He winked at her despite the groan that fell past her maw.

All in all he supposed it was easier done than he'd imagined.