Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:45 am
Discuss which sports Eoin and my nephew need to plAy in the future.

Because.1.)Why do they NEED to play a sport? Because they have a p***s? 2.) Why don't we talk about any sports the girls might play? They won't like them because they have a v****a?

None of my kids will be forced to play sports.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:04 pm
Mama Ame
None of my kids will be forced to play sports.

I'm going to be the same way with my children, if I have any. If they show interest in trying something out, then I'll look into opportunities to introduce them to the activity (especially if it ends up being just a random phase of interest) and/or signing them up (if they continue showing interest in said activity after having a taste of doing it).

I've watched over the past couple years my Aunt sign her grand-children up for various activities from acting/theatre, sports (including soccer and karate), and a few other things. While the kids have enjoyed being involved in the activities, there's always a part of me that wondered - was it the kids who wanted to get involved? Or did my Aunt, who is a control freak at times, force them to take part? *shrugs* My Aunt is a bit strange sometimes on how she handles certain situations with the kids (especially if they've done something wrong) that leaves the rest of the family going:

User Image

User Image User Image  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:16 pm
I hate sports. I'm not athletic at all. I would have HATED it if my parents forced me to play something.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:24 pm
Mama Ame
I hate sports. I'm not athletic at all. I would have HATED it if my parents forced me to play something.

I'm not much of a sports person myself either. Ice/figure skating and dancing are probably the only sport events that I'll actively watch with interest, if it happens to be on the TV. I don't usually go out and turn the program on myself unless there's a particular reason to (i.e. I purposely watched Season 17 of Dancing With The Stars because Bill Nye was appearing on it and a few other celebrities I enjoy).  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:52 am
I think for my parents it must have been something like "our kids should try three different sports before fourth grade, what should we have them try?"
which resulted in tennis, soccer, and baseball. not the same year, but, like, soccer for a few years, tennis for a year, and baseball for a year. I did not like any of them.

Also tried Basketball, golf, and uh....... one or two others. none of them really stuck, but I know that I don't like playing them at least. I don't think parents should push their kids to play a sport, but keeping them active is good. Kids can show interest in whatever they want.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:17 am
I do not like anyone to go on and on about sports. Just cause they like it and are interested does not make me so. My bf does that about football so often.  

Oshen Bleu

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:30 pm
wellwisher
I think for my parents it must have been something like "our kids should try three different sports before fourth grade, what should we have them try?"
which resulted in tennis, soccer, and baseball. not the same year, but, like, soccer for a few years, tennis for a year, and baseball for a year. I did not like any of them.

Also tried Basketball, golf, and uh....... one or two others. none of them really stuck, but I know that I don't like playing them at least. I don't think parents should push their kids to play a sport, but keeping them active is good. Kids can show interest in whatever they want.

Were your parents the pushy "my child has to overachieve" Asian stereotype?

Not that that makes them bad parents or anything. I just know a lot of Asian parents tend to push their kids.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:36 pm
Mama Ame

Not that that makes them bad parents or anything. I just know a lot of Asian parents tend to push their kids.
mmm....... not entirely. They did push learning a musical instrument. and being physically active, but other then that not really.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

cool4

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:58 pm
My parents made me try soccer, but I refused. A lot of it was probably trying to find an activity both myself and my brother could do. Though he became sporty and I went into dance and swimming for a bit. I think there is a line between exposure and making them do it went they obviously don't want to.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:23 pm
wellwisher
Mama Ame

mmm....... not entirely. They did push learning a musical instrument. and being physically active, but other then that not really.

Gotcha.

While I would love all my kids to play instruments I wouldn't force it on them.

As for being active right now I take them outside if it's nice out. But like I said I hate sports (or team sports. I do enjoy watching dancing and skating and I do like to swim) so I wouldn't make them play one  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas