Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
OH NO I DREW FANART Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Verdict?
  Totally embarrassing, dude. CARTOONS? Go ship something live-action.
  As if! Just because they're animated characters doesn't make their love any less REAAAL...!!
View Results

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:45 pm
Prof. Moonie
Saikii
Prof. Moonie
Saikii
he Disney princesses are lovely. I look forward to seeing what they do with the upcoming princess (can't go too far, cause spoilers galore)

I'm looking forward to the upcoming live action film of Beauty and the Beast. biggrin
That's be interesting. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite animated Disney princess movie. I spoke, of course, of the upcoming animated tv original Disney Jr princess.

Emma Watson will be Belle and they recently announced that Ian McKellen will be Cogsworth. There's some other big names they've confirmed over the past couple months that are pretty good selections as well.

I don't watch Disney Junior, so I wouldn't know anything regarding that. All of the kids that are in my life have grown up now, so I don't have as much exposure to the children's level of entertainment aside from the films that we show at the theater.

---

Mama Ame
I'm so excited to see that. And both Olivia and Alex will be old enough to see it in the cinema no problem. I'm totally thinking the three of us will have a girlie day and dress like princesses while Daniel does something fun with Eoin.

I know it's not for another...2 or 3 years? But yeah. Totally looking forward to it.

After the success that Maleficient and Cinderella had, I'm sure Beauty and the Beast will be just as fantastic. Especially after hearing whose been confirmed for the cast so far. And I bet many "princesses," both young and old, will be donning their finest attire and prettiest tiaras once again for the occasion.

And yes, Beauty and the Beast is currently slated to be released in 2017. The new live action film interpretation of The Jungle Book will be coming out in 2016, which hasn't received as much press attention despite the big names associated with it; though with the past live action film interpretations being lacking in quality, I'm not too surprised... plus it doesn't have as much of a following as our dear Belle has, so that might play a part as well.

Plus there haven't been many adaptations of just the regular Beauty and the Beast story. There have been a few modern interpretations (Beasty,the 90s show Beauty and the Beast plus the CW reboot) but not just the original story. Jungle Book has been done several times.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:48 pm
Or rather original or Disney version since the Disney version is a bit different. I guess I mean a fairytale version  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:12 pm
Mama Ame
Plus there haven't been many adaptations of just the regular Beauty and the Beast story. There have been a few modern interpretations (Beasty,the 90s show Beauty and the Beast plus the CW reboot) but not just the original story. Jungle Book has been done several times.

Or rather original or Disney version since the Disney version is a bit different. I guess I mean a fairytale version.

Quite true. Probably the only media adaptation based on the fairytale that followed the original tale with no deviations (apparently there was a Viking era-nized version) or modernization (i.e. Beastly) is the latest Franco-German film "La Belle et la BĂȘte," which I still have yet to watch. The artwork and trailer I saw for it looked quite amazing and seemed to follow the original tale quite closely.

After looking at the list of adaptations for The Jungle Book, apparently Disney is going to be doing two live action films for it. We have the live-action/CGI adaptation which I mentioned earlier which will be released in April 2016, featuring Bill Murray, Idris Elba, Christopher Walken, Giancarlo Esposito, Scarlett Johansson, and a few others. Then there will be a live-action film titled "Jungle Book: Origins," which will be released in October 2017, featuring Benedict Cumberbatch (( heart )), Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett, Naomie Harris, and a few others. There's not much more information on either film at this time, so it's hard to say how the two films will differ. Certainly seems intriguing that they would do two Jungle Book films back to back like that.  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff