Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Rabbit Heart (Chance/ ?) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:33 am
Somewhere in Deus, a girl in a red hoodie vest with cat ears sat down in comfort. There was a book on her lap but the head lowered was greatly hidden by the hood so it was hard to tell who she was. "Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?" She asked, with a gently young girly voice.

Without waiting for a few seconds, she laughed. " 'That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.' said the Cat." This time it was a lower and lazier playful voice. A stray of curvy hair slipped out as she slightly tilted her head. " 'I don't much care where-' said Alice." That was the young girl voice again. " 'Then it doesn't much matter which way you go,' " she changed her voice a bit, "Said the Cheshire Cat."

Easy to guess, she was reading out the lines of the book she was holding, legs which wrapped in a black pair of over-the-knee moved in a leisurely manner. " 'I don't much care where--' said Alice. 'Then it doesn't matter which way you go,' said the Cat." The girl read it with a voice about to yawn. " '--so long as I get somewhere,' Alice added as an explanation. 'Oh, you're sure to do that,' said the Cat, 'if you only walk long enough.' -" Her voice was light and of a slow pace thus not much for a nuisance to the surrounding.

Being so concentrated and enjoyed the story, she didn't notice there was someone else.

xkuuropii
There.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:56 am
Chance was out wandering, as he was prone to do, when he stumbled across the girl.

The morning had passed with hardly a peep of excitement or interest; the majority of it had been spent on duty, while the scant few moments that he had had upon awakening, Chance had spent sketching out a few more doodles of things he'd seen around the island.

Now, however, he was finished with his daily routine, and he was meandering about to find either people or things to keep him occupied. It was easy to stumble across the one in the cat-eared hoody, and Chance quickly changed directions so that his feet brought him nearer to her, hands tucked into the pockets of his jeans.

He stood silently beside her, listening as she read, before he crouched down, arms around his knees, Chance tilting his head with interest.

"Hello," he said with a smile. "What are you reading?"

meegane

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:20 pm
It was quite strange for the girl to wear a hood indoor, but the island was full of exotic people around the word. Such a scene won't be an eyesore.

Like a mirror, she tilted her head in reflection manner and closed the book. The enticing and watery blue eyes gave Chance a look and a lukewarm smile. "You can't guess it?" She bent forward, rested her elbow onto the book above her laps and scooped up her face.

With his image reflected onto her cat-like brisk eyes, she looked into his eyes and spoke again. "Or that's your style of prolog?" Foot in a pair of metallic turquoise boots were pigeon-toed, it wasn't hard to realize how petite she was. She had an oriental face, like a ball jointed doll. Thin fine eyebrows, round bright eyes with dense eyelashes, peach-pink lips and a small body frame. Together with the ink-black hairs, she looked exactly like a human size Asian doll.

"Hmm?" She requested for his answer, but the tone suggested she was partially laid-back.

kuuropii

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:26 pm
He smiled.

"If I had to, I would say Alice's Adventures in Wonderland," said Chance agreeably. "But it's been a while since I've read it, I had on the shelves of the bookstore I used to work at, picked it up once or twice to read and then forgot about it for quite some time."

A laugh escaped him; her expression was quite interesting, her face unfamiliar but curious. There was a certain peculiar air to her, very thin and small, almost doll-like in her appearance, and Chance couldn't help but be intrigued, wondering where she had come from.

Awfully young and fragile for a hunter, his head said, but he couldn't make that decision until he spoke to her more, which he was going to do.

"What's your name?" he asked her, still crouched in front.

meegane

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:21 pm
The temperature of the smile rose with his correct answer, "That's my favourite story, it wasn't merely an enticing book for me." It wasn't worthwhile talking to someon who didn't know the book, she 'd decided and carried a quiz on the comer.

She put her hands down and pushed her torso up, touching the book with affection. It didn't look like borrowed from library, but one of personal possession. It held too many secrets and memories within. "Glad that you remembered, it was a great fun story. For example, was all only a dream? if so, who's dream was that?" Her attention returned to Chance and said.

"My name? Was it really important?" The girl had her eyes half lidded. "I seldom trust anyone, especially when we're on an island full of potentially dangerous people right now." She sneered. "I usually ask people to give me a nickname, whatever they want to call me. I believe name's initial blessing or curse, then its major purpose is to help linking the impression you have for someone, and put them together into an entity for that someone as there are many individuals you'd need to recognize one by one." She paused, "In short, it's like data entry. So call me whatever you like, and that'll be the name you use to sort my data."

Doll face, red riding hood, cherry pop, jelly bean, spicy, she had been called a lot of things and besides those she was close, they had no meaning to her. They might just meet twice or even one time only and never meet again. "If I give my name to you, then it's unfair for those who play my game. I'd offer to do anything for the person who finds out my real name."

kuuropii

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:34 pm
Somehow it reminded him of someone else, though he wasn't quite sure who. Chance ran a hand through his hair and gave her a scrutinizing look, trying to figure out if she was merely a strange person who enjoyed speaking in riddles or if she was just lost in her own world. Either way, she was already rather fascinating.

A smile touched his lips.

"It's not that important, no," said Chance lightly. "And you're right, there are plenty of dangerous people on the island, I wouldn't want you to mistrust me so easily, especially since I've seen little point in lying all this time. And I wouldn't want to take away from someone else, so I'll come up with a nickname for you..."

He touched a finger to his nose, both looking and sounding amused.

"But not yet," said Chance lightly. "I have to get to know you a bit first before I come up with a name to call you, these things take time. I will, however, tell you my name, and that name is Chance."

meegane

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:54 pm
The exploring expression in his eyes were well noted, yet, she didn't say anything about it. Her eyes wandered around with pauses while listening to him, "Chance. It can mean many things, hmm huh, that's amusing as a name. Nice to meet you." She paused, gazed at the star tattoo on his face as well as his outfit and earrings: "Chance the Star Wanderer," in which she perceived anyone as a wanderer in this world, searching their purpose of life.

Planetoi, a Greek phrase meaning wanderer or wandering star. Each planet has its own orbit, like how humans forming social circles and rotate around people within it. The double meaning nickname fitted him well, for someone she observed had a liking of stars and stellar matters.

"Do you agree with things that easily?" She smirked. "And - what do you want to know about me?" If what he wanted to know was general stuff, she was willing to talk about it.

The book closed with a bookmark in between pages showed her attitude towards the chat already, she was interested to know more about him as well. In a superficial and shallow aspect as they were just some randomly met strangers mingling.

kuuropii

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:24 pm
"Indeed it can," said Chance agreeably, watching as her eyes swept over his face and his clothes. "It's a pleasure to meet you as well, feel free to take any meaning from my name as you wish. I daresay many already do, so it's rather amusing.

The star wanderer title only increased his smile.

"Not always," he said lightly. "I will admit to listening to things easily, and understanding them - but understanding is not the same as agreeing, contrary to popular belief.

Chance held up a hand, fingernails painted black.

"Tell me five things about yourself, off the top of your head."

meegane

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:54 am
"I'm glad to hear that."

Hmm, like the almond inside the hard bar chocolate, she envisioned. She'd gotten what he meant and glad for that as people without their own point of view were boring.

"A Q & A game, sounds fun. Umm, let me see," she said slowly as she opened her hands for the counting, "One, I've a sweet tooth, pretty thankful that we no longer get tooth decay. Two, my favourite color isn't red, I just wear red for a personal reason. Three, I don't have many friends. Four, I can speak three languages. Lastly, things I enjoy to do usually are playing games, eating, listening to pop music and occupying beds don't belong to me." Her mouth quirked up as she went to the last point, smile half genuine half mischievous. "I'm quite a touchy-feely girl, minus the feely part," she explained, "I feel cold easily thus I love the body warmth of others."

She stopped talking. "Oops, that's the sixth thing, I should shut up. You possess a talent that can make people lower their defenses." She looked sideways at the hunter "Be fair? Tell me four things of you and answer this question: Do you have a lover? What does a kiss feel like?" The blue eyes brightened in curiosity, expression can be found on faces of nosy gossip-loving teenagers.

kuuropii

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:52 am
"I do like games," said Chance cheerfully. "They tend to make things more interesting, and interesting is what I like."

He readjusted his footing as she spoke, sliding his legs out from beneath him so that instead of crouching, he was sitting on the ground in front of her, cross-legged. Chance rested his hands in his lap and listened with a sort of rapt fascination, sorting through the information in his mind.

"No, please don't shut up, I'm rather enjoying myself," he said lightly. "And all right, four things about myself, hmmm..."

He thought for a moment and then held up a hand, putting up a finger with each fact.

"One - I have a passion for astronomy and stars," said Chance easily, eyes half-lidded with a sort of lazy curiosity. "Two - I really enjoy spicy foods most of all, though I don't mind other things. I like cooking. Three - I used to work in a bookstore, and I had fun finding books to read. Four - I grew up without much of a childhood, so I'm woefully ignorant on many things. As for your last question..."

He let out a thoughtful hum, eyes twinkling with mischief and amusement. "No lover, I don't particularly bind myself to one person," he said mildly. "But I can tell you that it depends on the kiss itself. Some are gentle and sweet, some are hot and messy, some are casual and lighthearted."

meegane

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:51 pm
"I like playing games with people having best respondences, their reactions amuse me." Smiling ethereally, she had no intention to hide her puckish side. The girl watched as Chance decided sitting on the floor was a nice idea, "I don't think the floor get cleaned frequently, if you want a seat, you can take the seat next to me." She gave the space besides her a soft tap, like a cat putting a paw on your lap.

She, who would have transiently acquired an agname of girl in hoodie, interrupted after his first point made. "You read about the zodiac signs as well?" A question prepared to be given no answer, served more like a teasing.

Many questions like whether the guy can make luscious desserts, the bookstore mentioned was small or big and deep like another world or that ignorance can be a unforgivable crime. Nevertheless, she decided saying nothing until he finished.

Chance's answer on the kiss matter was rewarded with the brightest smile since the two met, she was not careless enough to miss the mischief in his tone. "Then, how's your kiss feel like, which type does it belong?" She gave him the glad eye and pouty lips with a small smile but her young appearance had made it less seductive.

kuuropii
redface

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:37 am
"I don't mind the floor," said Chance easily and smiled. "I'll sit here, this way I can see you better. Sitting side by side requires me to turn my head, and this way I can see your eyes a little better."

His eyebrows rose. "Sometimes," he said, idly tugging at a stray curl that had fallen across his face. "But I don't put much stock in them, I must say."

She was definitely curious, made of questions and more questions upon which a mischievous and quick-witted side lay. Chance regarded her with a mixture of amusement and interest, propping his arm on his knee and resting his chin in the palm of his hand.

He wondered if it was a game to her, or if it was all just an act; but she seemed sincere enough, lost within her own head and her own curiosities. The smile on Chance's face turned catlike, and he laughed, rocking back a little.

"Depends on the person," he said, considering this. "It's hard to pinpoint one specific type, but I suppose if I had to, I tend to like the slow and kind of lazily exploring kisses more than the fast and furious ones - though admittedly, those do have their own appeal based on the other party."

meegane

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:30 pm
"You're silly but funny, what do you want to see in my eyes?" She held her chin with one hand and drew herself closer to him. Even though the shadow of the hood cast on her face, the eyes were shining.

Her eyes squinted when his smile changed, and regarded it as a challenge. She disliked being treated like a kid for which she was actually older than they might think. She had to admit that sometimes it gave her advantages, but most of the time she wasn't comfortable with their attitudes and her revenge method was to do things that surprised them.

"I'm afraid that's quite abstract, you need to demonstrate what do you mean to me." The girl having dark hair comparable to Chance looked into his eyes with great intensity.

kuuropii

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:59 pm
He arched a brow.

"Are you trying to manipulate me into kissing you?" Chance asked, with some amusement. "I mean, I'm flattered, but I don't kiss and dare on a first date. Not that you're unappealing, because you're quite pretty, but shouldn't we get to know each other a little better first?"

His smile was almost catlike, Chance reclining backwards lazily. It wasn't so much that he had any sort of qualms about things as much as he was saying, considering his own personality and the experiences he'd had; but there was still something a little off about the whole situation. He needed more information.

"Why are you so eager to learn, might I ask?"

meegane

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:38 am
"Manipulate? That's an accusation, more like an invitation that get rejected." She snorted, biting her lips with a mild resentment.

She gazed at the guy before her, with a flat expression, her fingers tapped against her book with a regular beat. A pinch of spices was added to her words, "Why you say I'm learning? I'm not eager." The last sentence was said in a way she clutched her teeth close. She hated things not in her control, not that she tried to manipulate Chance like a lifeless puppet, she just detested for herself. Thus her attitude changed, from a lazy impish cat to one slightly irritated and defending.

The small body leaned back, her head look away, focus at the end of the long corridor. Eyes lit by indignation, when it seemed that she refused to talk no further - "To wake up a princess sleeping for too long." As if she was telling a fairy tale involving a prince and a sleeping beauty, it sounded like a random made-up answer seasoned with toxin more than anything, but was it really like that? She clutched her hands into fists above the book, with a tension.

It held a few seconds before she turned her head back with the cat-like smile she usually saw with, "Never mind, I can find someone else to teach me." Except what she said betrayed her defense earlier, she pulled the shirt sleeve long to cover her hand and grabbed on the edge of it, the shirt was apparently bigger than it should be.

kuuropii

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces