Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Pridelands [IC]
[PRP] Gold and grass (Andranis & Light Atago)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:50 pm
User Image User Image

Hardships, it felt, were far and away a problem somebody else faced. The Pridelands were bustling, with many lions abound and plenty of prey to feed them. Many hunted on their own, some in pairs, some in groups, and many times they ate in those same numbers. On such a fine day, Bluu'kirembo and his mate had happened upon an injured giraffe - A leg broken in a burrowing animal's hole. With no hope for recovery, the white-maned gray male clamped onto the giant animal's throat, as it gave no struggle against a swifter death than starving would give it.

At the great animal's head, the lioness of the pair lay, cradling the golden head in her arms as if it were a cub, gently stroking its face with her paw as its life ebbed away. When it was still, she gave it a few more strokes. "There, now... You will see your extended family now... With the great herds in the heavens above..." It had pained her to see it suffering, unable to rise on spindly legs, and now... It would provide sustenance for the lions. She finally rose, heading over to Bluu. "I don't think just the two of us will be able to eat all of this..."

The male let out a chuckle. "One of those times I hope the most that we find company wandering out here." He looked at the giraffe. "At least he's no longer in pain and his suffering is over." A lion could survive a broken leg, even if it crippled them, as others in the pride could feed them and they could in turn watch the pride's cubs, giving them a continued purpose. But a prey animal simply could not live with a broken leg, as they had to be able to walk to eat.

Light Atago
Don't mind this quote, just fixing the coding for this one xD;

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:17 pm
User Image

Barazahi was trotting through the Pridelands. Her bangs finally fluffed just so, the lioness strode confidently. Nothing made the lioness feel more confident than looking spectacular on a sunny day like today- the wind blowing gently, giving her fur movement. She had been here in these lands for moons and moons now, her first litter here had grown and were now independent… Most importantly, Raza had lost the pain. She came here sad and down, seeking refuge, and said refuge had given her the space and time she needed to heal from her loss. She never truly forgot her mate, Angu, but she no longer agonized over losing him.

Something nearby on the horizon caught the lioness' attention- a tall figure, a giraffe, suddenly falling and giving up. She sighed, wanting to avoid the scene, but just at that moment her stomach began to grumble. She wondered if it would be alright to join the lions who undoubtedly downed it for a meal and headed that way. She drew near- two lions she had not met before. She figured there might be a chance the two were an item, and didn't intend to interfere… in that way. What a curse I have, charming everyone I come across, she thought, trying to be as charming to both lions before her.

She was about to turn up the charm, but she saw the solemn faces around the giraffe. She gave a shining smile all the same as she stopped before them. "Please do excuse, I saw the giraffe fall from over there," she said tilting her head towards the direction from which she came. "… And I haven't eaten yet today, I was hoping I could join you," she said, looking from one face to the other, eyes shining.

Andranis

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:22 pm
White mane fluffed for a moment as he turned his head, ears swiveling in the direction of the voice. Ah, a distinctly-colored lioness! Her markings, at first glance, reminded him of his Warrul, but confined entirely to her legs. He'd seen such a thing before, on another lioness in the pride. He'd never had the pleasure to talk to either, but he'd certainly seen them around. Even in a pride as large as this, it was hard to NOT pick out distinct lions everywhere. He offered the blue lioness a bright, if sombre, smile. "Oh, we don't mind company! This is quite a lot for just two to eat..." He looked at the giraffe, licking his lips.

Warrul, too, smiled at the lioness. She walked away from the head, looking at the giraffe. "He goes to a worthy cause... We simply ended his suffering..." She pointed to his front left leg. "He tripped in a burrow hole, you see... Snapped his leg... We made his end swifter than it would otherwise have been." She took a seat by a hind leg. "And before some hyenas snuck in and got to it..." Warrul herself had no ill will toward hyenas. She'd met a few as a rogue. They weren't all bad, just trying to survive like anybody else. She knew the pride had prejudices against them, though, and while she didn't speak badly of them, she didn't speak kindly... She simply didn't speak of them often.

Light Atago

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff