[WEST ORP] Wedding in the West [Open; for pride members] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:23 pm
Elysia was feeling quite out of her element. It was one thing to deliver messages to important folks, it was quite another to be mingling with them. And there, not too far away, were the happy couple! Somewhat intimidated and over-awed, she eased herself out of traffic surging towards the Lord and Lady of the West. It was truly enchanting to watch such a love story unfold, but it made her head spin to see so many dukes and lords present. She spied the red male who had greeted the couple early on and drifted over to him.

"Do you know the two newly wed?" she asked quietly. "I'm not sure I'm bold enough to give congratulations myself. I'd be afraid to be thought too unimportant to be so familiar with them." She gave him a half smile and ducked her head. "May I sit here with you, out of the way?" She was really a social lioness, thus why she enjoyed being a messenger and meeting so many folks. But to be here among so many was a little more overwhelming than she thought it might be.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:40 pm
Yong Zhi watched as more and more lions poured into the clearing, mingling with themselves for the time being rather than going to congratulate the couple. He didn't blame them: there were some very important lions by them at the moment and he wouldn't want to go over there right now, either. That's why he had gone before the commotion had started up.

His soldier training alerted him to the female before she was within speaking distance and he turned to face her. Her face was unfamiliar to him so he knew she must be from a different house. Still, until he knew her rank and name, he'd treat her as if she were the ruler of a different part of the pride.

"Not by name, but my word of mouth," he said with a little bow of his head out of respect. "I know the Duchess is new to the pride, but beyond that, they are strangers to me. I figured I'd give them mine quickly before all this happened." He nodded out to the group of lions swarming around the couple. Dukes, duchesses, lords...it was a formality nightmare.

As the lioness spoke again Yong Zhi nodded, shifting just a bit to the side to offer her some of the shade he was seated in. "There's always room for one more," he said, a warm tone to his voice despite his rather stiff appearance. "May I ask for your name and house? I don't recognize you, and I must beg your forgiveness if you are from the North."

Talencia

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:54 pm
She had not known that the Duchess had been new to the pride, much like herself. It was an interesting thought, that the pride didn't hold one's birthplace of great importance. "It was brave of you to do so," she replies concerning his giving them his regards. It isn't that she lacks courage, she simply isn't yet sure whether it would be proper for her to speak to them or not. She paused on that thought to give him a faintly nervous look. For all she knew, she was asking to sit with another Duke! But he hadn't disdained her yet, but offered her a seat, so she might as well continue as if they were at least something approaching equals.

She smiled her thanks as he moved and she sat, the soft evening breeze ruffling her fur. When asked for her name and house, she opens her mouth quickly to reply, but stops and closes her mouth again. She'd almost given her old name, but she knew now that that was not what he was asking for. Here, among her new family, her new name was what was to be given. She cast him an apologetic smile. "Forgive my lapse. I'm not used to my new name just yet. I am Tanbai, a messenger of South House." She hoped that was the right way to put it. The pride seemed quite focused on formalities. She didn't mind, but she worried about stumbling and making a fool of herself. "I haven't been here long," she gave as an explanation. "I am growing familiar with where the Houses are now, of course, but I am still learning how the pride works, who is important, and how to address everyone." Her ears flick back then forward again. "It is all a bit much sometimes, but I'm learning."

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:34 pm
Yong Zhi shrugged his shoulders a bit, unsure if it was brave or simply his duty. As a soldier he was trained to do things without letting his fears get in the way and, while speaking to high society could be intimidating, it certainly didn't require bravery. At least, not to him. Still, he knew that to others it could seem a daunting task and he was thankful that he wasn't shy.

As she told him her brief story he gave a soft 'ah' of understanding. Another newcomer it would seem. That was good, the fact that the pride drew in new blood was promising. They were very traditional in their thinking and fond of the old ways, so new lions being curious enough to join and learn their ways made him warm inside to think about.

"Not to worry. We're quite forgiving if mistakes are made by newcomers," he said with a little nod. "We know things are done differently here than elsewhere, so there's room for error. It's nice to meet you, Tanbai," he added. "I am Yong Zhi, a soldier from the North House. Do you mind if I ask why you decided to join us here? The pride...not the festival itself."

Talencia

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:47 pm
Oooh, a soldier! No wonder he was so brave! She couldn't help giving him a small, admiring smile at his introduction. She was capable of defending herself, but to be a soldier was so much more than that. She had great respect for those who put their lives on the line for the rest of their pridemates.

Her expression fell at his question, though. It wasn't that she minded sharing, it simply wasn't something that made her very happy. She gave her jowls a lick and took a breath before answering. "I came here to find a home I could be happy in," she replied first, giving the most generic answer possible. She cast an almost involuntary glance towards her old pride. Her in West House she was the closest to her old home as she was likely to get ever again. Not that she minded that. An unhappy sigh escaped her before the went on. "I am from Mwezi'johari. Times have been very troubled there, with strife, death, and confusion. It... it wasn't the home I'd grown up in anymore."

She stopped again, eyes downcast. She swallowed and finished by raising her eyes to his again. "So I decided to come here and find myself a way to be useful. It's very different from the way I grew up. I'm still getting used to the lack of strict classes." She flicked her eyes to the newly married couple, proof of how different things were here. "I feel like I can make more of myself here, find my own way." She turned her eyes back to Yong Zhi and smiled. "I very much like it here, and hope never to leave."

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:14 pm
The change in the female's mood let Yong Zhi know he had touched a sensitive subject but he let her speak. If it was too much to talk about she wouldn't, he was sure. As she told him her reasons for leaving he nodded just a bit and, as she smiled at the end, he did too. His smile was polite and small, not showing any teeth, but still genuine.

"Well, I'm glad you've found a new place to call home that suits you. Sometimes leaving what you know behind and starting over is good. In your case, that seems to be so."

Talencia

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:01 pm
His sincerity was reassuring and comforting. It was so good to be accepted here for who and what she was rather than for the moon phase she'd been born into. Yes, they had believed it was a reflection of their god's favor, but that hadn't felt right to her, especially as events had spiraled towards chaos. Surely that wasn't what any benevolent god would have wanted?

Having revealed much of herself, she felt it was time for a subject shift. "What about you?" she countered, letting her own troubles fall into the past once more. "Have you always been of North House? Do you have any aspirations?" Granted, he wasn't the most effusive of conversationalists, but she liked talking with him anyway. He embodied the muted friendliness and highly held respectfulness that seemed to flow through almost every Tianxian. It was part of what made her comfortable and at home here.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:51 am
User ImageHsiu Mei wouldn't miss this for the world. Rumors traveled quickly among the messengers of the pride, and she had heard about the upcoming wedding before all the invitations were delivered. She had considered different ways to attend, if she for some reason didn't get an invitation, but as it turned out the Duke and the new Duchess had been generous. It had been busy days for the messengers of the pride, getting the word out.

She noticed another of the South messengers talking to a young red male she didn't know. He had a very distinct marking on his shoulder. She decided to ask Tanbai about the male later. In a pride as big as Tianxia, it was impossible to know everyone by name, but as a messenger she felt it was her duty to at least try.

But before starting to mingle with the other guests she worked her way through the crowd, waiting impatiently for her turn to congratulate the Duke and Duchess.

"I'd like to offer my well wishes," she said as she finally reached the newlywed couple, "Tales of Duchess Mei Mu's beauty have spread among the messengers of the South, and I can see those stories were not wrong."

((Since I own the mother I'd like to be excluded from the raffle. Either take my name out or give my tickets to a Tianxia newbie))  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:53 am
Yong Zhi took the subject shift in stride. He knew there were rogues that didn't like to talk much about themselves and that carried over to new pride members. He didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable, either, so any more questions would have to wait for a later time should they meet again.

"I was born into the North House, yes," he said in response to her question. "And at the moment I've achieved my goals. I wanted to be a soldier when I was a cub and I was recently granted the title." He acted far older than he was, as most males his age were still romping with other lions and getting excess energy out. Most mistook him for at least a few years old rather than barely being one.

"As for future plans, perhaps climb the ranks a bit. I know it will be a lot of work but I'm prepared for it." Tilting his head, he surveyed the group of lions that continued to grow in size. "I'm amazed at how many showed up for this. I thought I'd be the only one here from the North...and here stand the Lord of the North as well as a few other high-ranking lions. It seems this wedding is more high-profile than I expected."

Talencia

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces