If Feuer had been looking for Kosuke... The Warden wouldn't have needed to look far. The dust-red lion was, in fact, looking for HIM. Orange-gold eyes scanned the many red pelts passing by, on their way to this job or that job, some to the training grounds to spar in their free time, others to find somewhere to simply relax in their time off. The Tracker narrowed his eyes, spying what he sought. He moved between the bodies, some large in the traditional Firekin sense, others smaller in stature, signs of rogue blood being a certainty. This male, though... He, at least, had what Kosuke would dub the right stature. As he got closer, he saw the other lion turn and look... And his eyes widen with a fear the Firekin-born lion absolutely RELISHED.

There was no easy way to approach the subject with him. How would Feuer breach to Kosuke that he wished to, in the interest of them both being strong lions and of suitable genetic compatibility, have cubs with Soleil? Of course, there was also the matter of FINDING the tracker... Which was a challenge, to be sure. He was, after all, a Warden. He wasn't much for tracking, especially in the desert. His back prickled a bit, but not from the heat. He had the distinct sensation that somebody was watching him. He turned to his right... And spied Kosuke heading right for him. Green eyes grew wide, before he slipped out of the throng of lions heading here and there, pausing to look back and motion with his head for the other lion to follow. Not that he had to, but he hoped he made it clear he wanted Kosuke to follow him somewhere more PRIVATE.

At first Kosuke was frustrated that Feuer was walking away. But when he thought on that, it occurred to him that Feuer was WALKING away, not RUNNING, and the movement of others had nothing to do with his pace. Then the other lion turned and looked at him, motioned with his head, and the Tracker fully understood that it was a movement toward a private meeting. Around an outcropping of rock, away from the hustle and bustle, they found a quiet spot. Feuer was waiting, watching as Kosuke walked up. "I hear you have some desires regarding one of my daughters... What are your intentions?"

He gave a bow of his head. "I do. It is a simple intention. As you've noticed, I'm one of the larger of the rogue-born lions. I'm strong, in good physical health, at the peak of form. Your daughter, Soleil, is also a strong lioness, also at her best." He sat down. "She agrees it a good idea, and I already have her mother's approval, and she now requires I get yours..." He pressed a paw to his own chest, looking at Kosuke with sincerity. "I wish to have cubs with her, a strong litter of strong cubs to further defend the pride, with only one or two apprenticing as Wardens." The rest, he figured, could be soldiers or guards.

Kosuke couldn't help but be impressed. This male had the spine to ask not to be his daughter's mate, but a one-time breeding partner. No love, but purely for strength. Normally he would want to run this lion off, tell him to never touch any of his daughters with his rogue-blooded paws... After all, his children were Safi, they were raised to take mates who had Firekin blood in them, not just the claim of being Firekin. But this one, Feuer... He knowingly came after a Safi lioness, and had the intention of cubs. "And why should I allow you? What do you bring to the pride besides your strength?" Outside blood to prevent inbreeding... Or close inbreeding. But he wanted to hear him say it.

His ears folded back momentarily into his black mane, before shifting back toward the other lion. "Well, I would stick around to assist in raising. I would allow them to maintain Safi beliefs..." The flicker of surprise in the gold eyes pleased him. "Yes, I've heard about the Safi... The secretive beliefs you keep, whispers of your pride's past glories... OUR pride's past glories..." He gave a passive shrug. "What the future holds for either side, is what it holds. I seek, though, to improve a more tangible and present aspect of the pride. Your daughters have few choices on who to breed with - Distant male cousins, or lions like me, who have come in from outside. My intention is more than just strong cubs, it is also to place more genetic distance between her children and their furthers male relatives, so that if it comes to it... They can safely breed with a distant cousin without fear of genetic problems."

He rubbed his chin in thought, nodding slowly. Finally, Kosuke gave a bow of his head. "Your reasons are sound, and your conviction to be around is admirable." He smiled a bit, teeth gleaming. "And I can assure you, my grandchildren WILL be raised as Safi." He then let out a puff of air, relaxing ever so slightly while looking back off to where he knew lions mingled in passing paths. "Now if only more of the future was certain than ensured genetic diversity..."

The dark crimson lion gave another shrug. "I'm afraid I can't say. I'm not a seer, and even if I was, there'd be no guarantee that I would see the future." He then inclined his head, frowning. "What I can see, though, is that the pride still needs new blood... A lot of it. The plague did a huge number, and all that's happened since is the tree branching out, but few new trees sprouting... I can assure you, the next lioness I seek cubs with won't be part of the tree." It'd be a while, first. He didn't want to be overwhelmed.

Looking at the Warden a moment, Kosuke couldn't help but smile a bit. "Good luck with that one. Lionesses who aren't related to the rest are quite hard to come by around here. If they DO pop up, they're usually too busy doing their jobs to think about mates, or they're snapped up by one of the many available males in the pride." And by many, he really meant MANY.

He gave a little laugh. "It'll be a while before I seek another litter. I plan to see these ones grown before another comes along." Even if a lioness came seeking him, he'd make her wait patiently. "So... Does our temporary union have your blessing?"

"It does." As he started to walk away, Kosuke looked over his shoulder. "And Feuer... If you cross me... Remember, I grew up in this desert. I know where to find you. I'm sure Shula's already told you that, of course... So you'd have both of us seeking you... Do NOT give us a reason to hunt you down."

Feuer smiled nervously, nodding as the other male left. "I'll be a good boy, don't worry." He watched Kosuke vanish around the rocks, then slumped over. Oh gods but that was nerve-wracking... He hoped these cubs were well worth it and all strong.