The pair had offered to spend the day with one another. Kihalau needed a tour and introduction of the lands that wasn't simply a courtesy and Mia wanted to spend time with the mysterious male she'd met at the borders that she'd seemed to be so in tune with. Unfortunately they were in tune for rather unfortuante circumstances. Their mates had both left, and since they both had a certain sense of abandonment, they made interesting and worthwhile companions for something more than pure desperation. They seemed to fit together, and though they had just met, it was as if they had known each other a long while.

Kihalau was grateful that Mia had chosen to show him the quieter wateringhole in the Pride. As nice as the many new faces were it was also comforting to have somewhere to unwind, and she seemed to understand that need. He simply wasn't used to such a big pride and therefore he would probably have periods where he would feel a little overwhelmed. He had been told by other joining rogues that it was normal. Some of the more meeker females, in particular were quite fearful of the mass of fully grown males. Meeting a male out in the roguelands could be a mixed and potentially dangerous affair.

Yawning gently in the sunshine, Mia waited patiently for Kihalau to have his fill of water. The pair had filled the empty moments in between with idly chat, watching some of the other creatures come and go. Colourful birds were flitting happily above their heads and into the nearing tree-tops. Mia felt peaceful, but supposed the two would need to move on soon, there were only so many hours in the day. “So I thought perhaps I'd show you some of the lesser known areas, some of the areas around the border as you've seen the main areas by pride rock, I guess.”

Kihalau nodded and took her words to be a command to move forward, which she supposed subliminally they were. Stretching her long brown forelegs she arched her back and huffed gently. “Right, so if we head on over here, I can show you where some of the larger herds are, for hunting that is... You joined as a hunter, right?”

“Actually I..” Kihalau felt a little embarrassed saying it, but he supposed there were many males of the same ilk, and there were so many different creatures here he couldn't be alone, right? “I joined as an Artisan.” He certainly hadn't met many on his travels and was unsure where to start, or if he even could fulfil the duties of his role at this point in time.

“Oh, nice. That's a newer rank.” Mia explained. “When Tau came to power, the new king, that is, he implemented some new ranks. There's now messengers... artisans... healers... and... even soldiers.” He voice fell a little bit. Mia had hoped that there would not be a need for them. The war with the Mava'bunda meant they had sustained many injuries and even lost some great lions. It was something the pride unanimously wanted to avoid again. “Though we have some really strong lions in the solider and guardian ranks. We did need some new ranks I suppose. We are such a large pride and there's so much we can do so it made sense. Anyway, in that case, I know there are some plants around which secrete some interestingly coloured liquids which I know some of the Artisans use for their work.”

Kihalau was taken aback by her response a little. He felt a little silly assuming that she wouldn't know much about the rank, or even that it was unusual. A pride with this many lions had to have some filling each rank, he guessed. He was pleasantly surprised however when she suggested she knew of a place he could use for supplies. Kihalau wasn't entirely sure of what his work was... or what it was to be comprised of yet, but he had time to figure that out. If Mia showed him where he could get his supplies, he could certainly use some of his time to experiment.

“That sounds great!” The male was enthusiastic and followed Mia as she began to walk swiftly. “Am I right in thinking you're a huntress?”

“Yep! Although I have considered many times becoming a Nanny and looking after the cubs of the pride. I don't know though.. I'm not great with stories...” She pulled a gentle face. “Perhaps I'll just stick to raising my own, although there's little need for that now they're fully grown.” The watering hole was growing smaller behind them now, and Mia slowed down a little. “There's something nice in working as a team, anyway... means you don't feel so... alone.”

Kihalau's head bobbed up and down slowly. He wasn't so sure what to say to the lioness after that, but he knew she knew of his sympathy. He knew all too well what loneliness was like, stemming back from being separated from his sisters all those years ago and having to live differently and without them, to losing his mate. Loneliness had become his best friend and his worst enemy as he had roamed the roguelands, and now loneliness had led him here, to a fresh start. He couldn't be ungrateful. He loathed it and loved it, if only for the way it pushed him to change things. Tongue-tied, he opened his mouth as if to speak but nothing came out. Instead he managed a sad and sympathetic look towards the female. He knew exactly what she meant.

Mia met his look with a weak smile. She didn't want to moan. She didn't want to taint his new beginning with sadness and drag up his past. Besides, a few moments ago she was telling him that it was a time for positivity and a time to change. Mia wasn't really great at taking her own advice, was she? Clearing her throat she quickened her pace a little. “Anyway, that place I was talking about is over here, you can't really miss it once it's in your sight!”

WC:1032